Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Pure Country Gold is dead. Mean Jeans, Hey Lover, DJ Hwy 7 are very much alive.
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 8:24 pm

This Saturday, Mar 5 at the Tonic Lounge on beautiful NE Sandy Blvd is the very last Pure Country Gold show.

Don't ask us why we quit because we'll probably just respond with bullshit just to avoid the awkwardness the truth would bring. Its just a fucking band. boo hoo - I'm real sick of talking about it. We still love each other though in case you were wondering...

Also, we're not gonna play all that old stuff we don't play no more because that would require practice and we ain't gonna practice. Its probably gonna be very similar to the last time you saw us play, but with a dark cloud hanging over us.

Also the Mean Jeans rule and we love them and they is gonna play all that stoopid shit we love them for.

And Hey Lover are one of our faves and they will bring sunshine and happy thoughts.

DJ Hwy 7 is Portland's greatest deejay so listen and dance and fawn over him and his record collection cuz dude is the shit!
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 11:30 pm

This is a big fucking deal...I don't wanna talk about it...I just wanna ROCK about it!
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 12:27 am

bold move
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 11:00 am

Shooting my lasts rolls of negatives of the most Righteous Brosephs....the end of and era fo' sho....I smell a coffee table book down the road!
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 11:01 am

Sorry, I was ignoring the motif....Righteous Brosephs....say it loud, say it proud...
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 1:24 pm

I smell a coffee table book down the road!

I smell something that sits on the back of the toilet......or in the toilet.

Speaking of the shit!, that is.......

But despite all that....it is gonna be a helluva fun night!
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 3:42 pm

Petey, what's up dude? Dude don't quit! You guys are sooooo ossum. I'll come drum for you. You want to practice tomorrow? Cool, I'll call you. Thanks dude. Thanks for being my friend. This is what I'm here for, you know? To play the drums. And to play drums in PCG would be an honor. This is huge! Seriously though, thank you so much for being my friend. Matto, Rema, everybody else, thank you so much. I love you guys. This is huge!

Anybody got a smoke?
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 6:18 pm

I heard they are breaking up, because together they have too much Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA for one band.
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 9:59 pm

They are on a drug called Drigo..
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 10:05 pm

so bummed i'm outta town for this! you gotta book ONE MORE SHOW to please ME. ya? LOVE YOU DUDES!!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 10:30 pm

glad i got to have you guys play in my town last year. cheers for stopping in nowheresville to rock an old man's garage.
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 10:40 pm

because together they have too much Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA for one band.

I close my eyes and make it so with the power of my mind
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 10:49 pm

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 11:10 pm

WTF! I just got this 7" from Big Legal Mess last week and was really feeling it. I jump on the bandwagon and then it crashes. damn.
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 12:27 am

so bummed i'm outta town for this! you gotta book ONE MORE SHOW to please ME. ya? LOVE YOU DUDES!!!

OK, but not as much as i love these guys. I mean....back off a little OK?

When the times right for Petey, we'll probably be playing again soon.
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 6:27 pm | Edited by: roche

Is this your last last show? I thought it was kinda weird you'd do your last show in Seattle rather than PDX!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®