Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Your next Bender will be Feb 4 - 6.

"Three Days to Kill"

Check here for latest news.

Got a suggestion? Write slabtownbar@gmail.com

Confirms thus far: Holly Golightly, Paul Collins Beat, White Wires, Blind Shake, Royal Baths, the Courtney Crusher Band
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh, we tend to hold these things at Slabtown 1033 NW Portland, OR
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 6:51 pm

whoa! you managed to break the leg shackle that the doug fir had fastened to holly golightly? well done!

how's about girl trouble?
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Hank IV. Red Mass. Fall-Outs reunion? Better yet, Nights Kings reunion! Javad lives in town, so no travel costs.
Posted: Nov 25, 2010 1:52 am

I second all the previous mentioned bands, especially a Fall-Outs reunion!
I'd also like to suggest The Swingin' Neckbreakers (who put out a great record this last year) and Pat Todd & The Rankoutsiders. Neither one has played Portland in years.
Posted: Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm

if you can drag greg o out here, that'd be awesome! what about new bomb turks? didn't they play pretty recently for some of those book events?
Posted: Nov 26, 2010 2:47 am

Fall-Outs, The DTs, and bring back Cheap Flight
Posted: Nov 26, 2010 2:57 am

The locals... Coco Cobra and The Killers, Howie & The Hotknives

The Cheater Slicks would be awesome too!
Posted: Nov 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Hotknives are kaput
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Kent 3 reunion. Not sure if Tyler is still in Rhode Island. Rod Meyer's new thing with the MAYYORS guys? Just left him a message.
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 7:40 pm

I just heard that Dave, frontman for The Fall-Outs, has started another band with Johnny, bass player for Fe-Fi-Fo-Fums. Maybe they could play.
How 'bout more bands from EAST of the Mississippi?
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am

How 'bout more bands from EAST of the Mississippi?

I would love to see more bands from everywhere, but it gets kinda pricey if everyone wants plane fare..
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 3:50 pm

I forgot there even was an "east of the Mississippi."

But, yeah, trying.

At this point, though a few final details have to be confirmed, I think the anchor bands for Portland's annual mall of rock are pretty much in place.

Plenty of room left for surprises.

Any and all input appreciated.
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 7:16 pm

for the amount of shows flash flood & the dikes are getting at slabtown, maybe it's time for an ultimatum on that drags reunion?
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 10:01 pm

drags would be so awesome!

how's about some bay area bands? wild thing, shannon and the clams, bobbyteens? flakes?? do personal and the pizzas actually live in new jersey? haha and hey, coconut coolouts

THE SPITS
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 10:34 pm

RANTOULS!
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 12:42 am

vi
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 6:55 am

I'd love to be able to convince the Drags to play one more. It's like moving Heaven and Earth...

Just about everyone else mentioned I've looked into / am looking into.

JUST ADDED: Nobunny, Dreamdate, Uzi Rash
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 7:17 am

Anyone interested in getting an ad placed in the festival program can write me at slabtownbar@gmail.com.

Will be grand.
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 5:22 pm

RANTOULS!
Posted: Dec 1, 2010 5:25 pm

Please add: Apache, Liquorball, Bad Trips, The English Singles and Knifey Spoony.
Posted: Dec 1, 2010 6:26 pm

Knifey Spoony

YEAH!
Posted: Dec 3, 2010 2:25 am

Please add: Wrong Words, Summer Twins, Primitive Hearts, Night Beats
Posted: Dec 3, 2010 5:31 pm

Please totally add: Hank IV!
Posted: Dec 3, 2010 5:49 pm

You spelled vi wrong.
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 4:48 am

Three Days of Damage
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 4:27 pm

RANTOULS!

for once
Posted: Dec 9, 2010 3:34 am

I wanna see Night Birds
fat chance, probably.
Posted: Dec 9, 2010 7:49 pm

James Arthur Manhunt

Never heard a record, but they sure as fuck killed it live.
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 2:44 am

James Arthur's Manhunt. That would rule.
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 11:34 am

I agree
Posted: Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Rantouls are Bender GO.
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 7:55 am

Mente!!!!
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 5:58 pm

For the latest festival news, LIKE the club on Facebook or get in line on Twitter.

Any more Bender thoughts, large or small, please write
slabtownbar@gmail.com
Posted: Dec 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Also, get Natural Child to come from Nashville.

Im gonna be at this thing
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Rantouls are Bender GO.
yes!
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Great lineup, and Portland get ready for the awesomeness of Liquorball! I'll be out of the country in early February, but will plan to get The Pleasure Kills back up to Slabtown later in the year.
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 5:29 am

some magic kids?
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 5:04 am

New additions: Tranzmitors, Unnatural Helpers, James Arthur's Manhunt.
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 12:55 am

UPDATES!!!! sock it to me sam!
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 11:17 pm

Updates coming. Final-final schedule, too. May still have one more "surprise."

The Bender went touring band heavy this year and the free matinees will be ridiculously strong.
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 10:02 pm

CHEATER SLICKS!!!! HAUNTED GEORGE!!!!! BASSHOLES!!!
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 10:05 pm

Where's Louie?
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 1:52 am

Final late-breaking announcement

The 2011 Slabtown Bender Steering Committee is pleased to announce the February 5th appearance of

Pat Todd & the Rankoutsiders!
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 4:40 pm

Bender Weekender Wristbands Available now

$30

Good for all three Bender nights!

http://slabtownbar.net

Look for the Mercury button at the top of the page.
Posted: Jan 9, 2011 5:19 pm

2011 SLABTOWN BENDER

cover for nights is $14
weekend wristbands $30 (available online, soon, and at the club)
matinees are FREE

Friday February 4
The Paul Collins Beat
Head
The Tranzmitors
Apache
Mean Jeans
The Blind Shake
The Wrong Words
Pure Country Gold
Welcome Home Walker
Sons of Bitches

Saturday February 5
Nobunny
Pat Todd & the Rankoutsiders
Liquorball
Hank IV
James Arthur's Manhunt
Unnatural Helpers
Spencey Dude & the Doodles
Dreamdate
The Pity Fucks
Flash Flood & the Dikes

Sunday February 6
Holly Golightly
The Rantouls
The Royal Baths
The Courtney Crusher Band
Thee Headliners
Chemicals
G Green
The Night Beats
Therapists
Primitive Hearts

Saturday Matinee
Spider Babies
Bad Trips
Uzi Trash
Knifey Spoony
Trash TV

Sunday Matinee
The English Singles
Pataha Hiss
PROBLEMS
Side Effex
Shallow Seas

Slabtown
1033 NW 16th
Portland, OR
www.slabtownbar.net
Posted: Jan 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Bender Poster series now online
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 6:35 pm

NOW wristbands available at www.portlandmercury.com

Limited supply.
Posted: Jan 20, 2011 11:05 pm

2011 Slabtown Bender Program

Best yet.

Ton of performer interviews.

ENTERTAINING band descriptions

One essential quiz.

Available Wed Jan 26 at Slabtown at

The Bender Listening and Wristband Party
FREE

Slabtown
1033 NW 16th
Portland, OR
Posted: Jan 21, 2011 7:41 am

Wednesday Jan 26
The 2011 Slabtown Bender Wristband & Listening Party

BUY A BENDER WRISTBAND FOR $25!!!
ONE NIGHT ONLY

Wristbands regularly $30. Nightly admission is $14. Buy a wristband tonight and drink more at the Bender.

Slabtown
1033 NW 16th
Posted: Jan 21, 2011 6:50 pm

sounds like a ripper dude! we can't wait to rip yer face off with our soundz. xo!
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Feb 5 and 6 Slabtown will open early in order to accommodate our two FREE 5-band Bender Matinees.

$3 Breakfasts

Bloody Mary Bar.

Plus

Don't forget the Bender Wristband and Listening Party this Weds night (see above).
Posted: Jan 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Alright!! The Bender Bowl is upon us again. The 'Aints and the "D"olts didn't make it this year. It's goin' to be a field of yellow. Packers VS Steelers. Packers 27 Steelers 21 Spider Babies for the Sat. Matinee is going to be ragin'. I'm finally going to get to see Sons of Bitches. Awsome!! rip yer face off with our soundz I'm bringing my hockey mask. Best $3 breakfast on the west coast. Shine up the bird PeeTowners, the tourist are coming. Three days of chillin'.
Posted: Jan 25, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks, Tonto. Quick update. The Spider Babies are now playing first Friday night and the Sons of Bitches canceled (the Spider Babies are actually playing the SOBs.

I also just got word Trash TV broke up so that spot is going to have to be filled.

Stay tuned.
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:58 am

Last day to buy wristbands online.
http://www.portlandmercury.com
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 6:10 pm

TONIGHT [BENDER]: $25-Wristband sale. Lowest price on 3-Day Bender pass. 9pm at the bar. ONE NIGHT ONLY
Posted: Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Still need a band to take over Trash TV slot?
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 7:11 am

Slabtown is opening at noon this Saturday and Sunday to serve up our "famous" $3 Bender Breakfasts.

Matinees are FREE and start around 1pm; as is the case every year, there's real gold buried.
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 5:36 pm

tonight!
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 5:14 am

Holy shit..Unnatural Helpers....Hank IV...James Arthur....Pat Todd..Nobunny...shit was broughten....great night...thanks all..
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 7:25 pm

yeah that was great
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 4:36 pm

To all the loyal Goner board Slabtown suporters, thank you for another great Bender weekend.
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 3:01 pm

Any out of town Goners actually make it out to this?
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 4:30 pm

I was there on Friday. At the risk of sounding like a total asshole, I thought it kinda sucked, besides Head and the Blind Shake. I shoulda gone on Saturday, lots of bands I wanted to see, but I was still so irritated about sitting through the Tanzmittors or whatev, that I couldnt do it. My loss, no doubt.
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 4:40 pm

Saturday night was fun! I think the highlight was eating empenadas while Sam clocked some guy in the face. HIV and Liqourball! Thanks Sam and Brinda and everybody else at SLABTOWN!
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm bummed I missed manhunt! And those empandas were great. I was being harsh. That tranz band just sucked my soul.
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 4:51 pm

Without double checking the line-up my personal digs were: HEAD, Blind Shake, Royal Baths, Rantouls, James Arthur Manhunt, Hank IV, Apache

I'm sure I'm forgetting something
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 7:58 pm

So on my Greyhound ride down from Seattle, I had to deal with a 3 month old ICP love child screaming itself to sleep. Of course it starts raining and the wipers sound is a really loud high air pressure type of sound. Without question the loudest wipers I've ever heard. I was ready. I had my earplugs and earmuffs. So on my ride back to Seattle on Monday, the skinny dog died man. I haven't ridden' Greyhound in 14 years. When I do it breaks down. 30 miles north of Portland. I took it in stride. The Bender was over and I watched every band that played. I acclomplished my goal and no longer cared about anything else.
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 11:23 pm

I shoulda gone on Saturday, lots of bands I wanted to see, but I was still so irritated about sitting through the Tanzmittors or whatev, that I couldnt do it. My loss, no doubt.

Hell yeah, your loss...that's cray-cray! There's always a band or two that doesn't pump the ol' gnads, that's just how a fest goes. Friday was pop night, Saturday was ALL ROCK ALL NIGHT LONNNGGGG... anyhow it ruled, plus I would have liked to meet ya..
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 1:35 pm

I was there on Friday. At the risk of sounding like a total asshole, I thought it kinda sucked, besides Head and the Blind Shake. I shoulda gone on Saturday, lots of bands I wanted to see, but I was still so irritated about sitting through the Tanzmittors or whatev, that I couldnt do it. My loss, no doubt.

Pure Country Gold, Blind Shake, Mean Jeans, Apache and HEAD were great I thought. I figger if I like even half of the bands at a fest they are doing it right.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®