Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / (PDX) PRA Radio benefit 8/28 - 10 Bands! Headliners, Junior's Gang, Frank Furter...
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey Cretins 'n Cretinas -

Come down to the Plan B Bar on Saturday, August 28th for PRA's Bangaroo!!! A benefit for the Portland Radio Authority (www.praradio.org)

10 bands for only $5.00! And all those Abe Lincolns will be going to help keep free form, independent commercial free radio strong in Portland. Doors open at 4:00pm - the bands start about 5:00pm. Did I mention it's an outdoor show? Cheap beer & free sunburns! Here's the line-up:
Thee Headliners Looking for the perfect song of summer? Thee Headliners got it. Like 50 of 'em. Think they won't play 'em all in one go? Think again, chumpzilla. The best in summertime drinking on the porch music... www.myspace.com/theeheadliners

The Walk of Shames Portland's heirs to the Bo Diddley Beat with members of The Holy Kiss and Get Hustle! Head to their page and listen to "Make You Mine" once if you still don't have the song in your head by the end of the day, I owe you a drink... www.myspace.com/thewalkofshames

Fever With hauntingly beautiful reverb drenched blues ballads, Fever is Portland's criminally best kept secret. The kind of music that'll make even the most asthmatic among you rushing for a cigarette afterward...www.myspace.com/feverpdx

Blood Beach The Hunches might have dropped the weird-punk baton when they called it splits, but luckily Blood Beach was there to pick it up and run wherever the fuck they wanted with it. Super distorted surf-inspired tunes that are manically pretty but will still leave the skin dripping off your ears. Did I mention they also have a theremin? You don't wanna miss these guys... www.myspace.com/bloodbeachusa

Junior's Gang Remember the good old days of Estrus Records? Well, wipe your nose and quit your boo-hooing, cuz we've still got Junior's Gang. Exactly what Northwest rock 'n roll ought to be bluesy, rough and loud. The anthem to the drink in your hand. And the next one. And the next... [url=www.myspace.com/junior39sgang]www.myspace.com/junior39sgang[/url]

Frank Furter Was it Emma Goldman that said, "If there's not a one-man band in a giant hot dog suit, I don't wanna be a part of your revolution?" Whatever happened to her? She was cool. Fans of Hasil Adkins, take note: this is the next step in hot dog darwinism... www.youtube.com/watch?v=HojtxECze_A

Cat Fancy! Mix one part X-Ray Spex, one part B-52's, one part Shangri Las. Stir. Shake. Then back the fuck off before these ladies cut you. Takin' out the space trash, one sexist chump at a time... www.myspace.com/catfancycatfancy

SistaFist Had L'Trimm scored the soundtrack to Switchblade Sisters it would've sounded like SistaFist. These three ladies will come drop rhymes and leave their rings imprinted on your face. "I don't need to be easy but my blood flows sleazy boys want to fuck me, girls want to be me..." www.myspace.com/sistafist

The Happening Em from the Swallows brings the catchy campfire pop with a rotating cast of musicians. Their sound is reminiscent of Olympias long lost 90's pop-scene-queens... http://thehappening.bandcamp.com/

Yellow Star When was the last time you saw a band consisting of three brothers and a wife? Hmm? Besides on the cover of a 70's Christian LP at Goodwill? The Griefburg family band is bringing their unique brand of perfectionist glitch-pop to the Bangaroo this year... www.myspace.com/yellowstarpdx
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 12:40 am

fyi- THEE HEADLINERS have a different myspace....we don't use that one anymore cause it got all fucked up. for current shiz check here:
http://www.myspace.com/theeheadlinerspdx

ps-we're super stoked about this show!! all hail community radio!!
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 11:52 am

i'll update the facebook page with the new site - thanks! i sent out a message to my old pals in SF telling them to go see you guys - hope you have a blast down there!
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 7:04 pm

bump.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 1:54 am

Bump indeed! Thanks, dood!

No SistaFist - they had to cancel at the last minute. Instead, we got Steak Knife! Woohoo! If you love the Lewd, you'll love the Steak Knife!

Plus, we're gonna have a raffle at the show with prizes including gift certificates to Records By Mail (www.recordsbymail.com) and Organics to You (www.organicstoyou.org) as well as... my autographed copy of the Bay City Rollers "Rock n' Roll Love Letter" gatefold LP! Signed by all 5 Rollers! Dreamy collectors' gold!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Is this the order of bands as well?
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 4:30 pm

5:00pm - 5:30 - Yellow Star
5:50 - 6:20 - The Happening
6:35 - 7:05 - Steak Knife
7:25 - 7:55 - Cat Fancy
8:15 - 8:40 - Frank Furter
8:55 - 9:25 - Junior's Gang
9:50 - 10:20 - Fever
10:40 - 11:10 - Blood Beach
11:30 - 12:00am - Walk of Shames
12:20am - 12:50(ish) - Thee Headliners
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®