Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / PDX: GORIES - MFNW Sept. 10, 2010
Posted: May 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Posted: May 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Zeros, too.
Posted: May 21, 2010 10:25 pm

In The Red says Haunted George is playing the same night and venue as The Gories
Posted: May 25, 2010 12:47 am | Edited by: Mike

Yeah MFNW is hyping all the bands they're getting but still have nothing up about tickets...Gories will be with Thee Oh Sees I heard
Posted: May 25, 2010 11:51 am

Whoa. News to me.

There's a thread about the Gories tour, with other dates, etc.
Posted: May 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Yeah MFNW is hyping all the bands they're getting but still have nothing up about tickets...Gories will be with Thee Oh Sees I heard

they don't usually put the tickets on sale til later in the summer after they've announced more of the line up. i think it's usually like $40 or $50(?) for the weekend pass if you get it early, then about $20 more if you buy it within a month or so of the event. you can usually buy tickets for the single shows, but they're generally so overpriced that you'll wonder if you ought to just buy the pass (sort of like the 7-11 same to get you to buy a super big gulp).

these kind of shows bum me out - they're always waaaayyyyy overpriced and crowded with douchebags that buy a weekend pass just because they want to be sure they'll be able to get into see spoon or cat power.

hopefully cat power will play the same night as the gories.
Posted: May 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Cat Power is playing? Rad.
Posted: May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

can't fucking wait!!!! i heard that Pure Country Gold was gonna play that too...
Posted: May 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Haunted George, yay!!
Posted: May 26, 2010 1:03 am

Cat Power is playing? Rad.

half joking, half assuming.
Posted: May 26, 2010 2:06 pm

I picked up that one Memphis-recorded Cat Power record a few years back and it kinda rules. Haven't listened to anything else, but if I had a free wristband for MFNW I would check her out.

Her tour manager is the head of MFNW so her playing is always more than likely.
Posted: May 26, 2010 2:35 pm

she cries very easily
Posted: May 26, 2010 3:40 pm

she cries very easily
Me too.
Posted: May 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Me too.
I can honestly say that in the 24 years I've known you, I've never seen you cry.
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 3:46 pm

No presale tickets for this show. You can pay at the door on the night at Dante's. Sounds like you will have to get there early.
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 3:50 pm

... or cry!!!
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 9:45 pm

laaaaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeee.... i heard that the wristbands are over $90 this year!

guess i'm not seeing the gories.
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 11:49 pm

yeah i saw those prices and was like fuuuuuuck that. I bought tickets for the SF show it's the night before and at a much smaller venue, think they're still available. traveled farther distances to see them in memphis last year and it was totally worth it
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:16 pm

laaaaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeee.... i heard that the wristbands are over $90 this year! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!
pdxxxxx is a city of whores!
glad to be here
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 11:49 am

wait, why is it 90 bucks? we're booked to play one night with (i think) the oh sees. I am not understanding
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 2:30 pm

$90 is for the weekend festival wristband. then you don't have to worry about a ticket / line...
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 2:44 pm | Edited by: chiXpoXparty

$90 is for the weekend festival wristband. then you don't have to worry about a ticket / line...

actually, i was wrong - the weekend wristband is $65 (but still...), though i think they jack the prices up as it gets closer to the event. they're only selling tickets for the 2 big shows (the decemberists and the something-somethings) - so any other shows, like the gories one, you've got to line up outside til all the people with wristbands get in, which probably means halfway into the show. bummer. they used to presell tickets to each one of the shows, but i think they had problems where people with wristbands weren't able to get into a bunch of shows because they oversold tickets.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 3:45 pm

This is the email I received from one of the musicfest nw promoters:

"We do sell individual tickets at the door to the shows at Dante's. You can also get in with a MFNW wristband. A wristband does not guarantee you admission to any show, but if you were going to get there earlier enough that you could pay the door charge to get in, then you would have been able to enter with your wristband as well.

The only ways to guarantee admission to the shows where you can't buy an individual ticket for are to get the VIP wristband, get there early with your regular wristband or to get there early and pay the door charge."

The VIP wristband costs $175- which is obscene.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 3:49 pm

i have a feeling that half the audience at the gories show in seattle will be people that drove up from portland.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 5:56 pm | Edited by: ryan brown

The VIP wristband costs $175- which is obscene.

does a VIP wristband allow you the opportunity to hang out with Dean Johnson and Loomis? if so, save the $175 and go have a drink at Chin Yen.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 7:17 pm

so any other shows, like the gories one, you've got to line up outside til all the people with wristbands get in, which probably means halfway into the show

Not true. If you buy a ticket you are guaranteed entry before wristbanders. I went to Mudhoney last year - got there at 9 and bought a ticket for like $15. It was just like any other Saturday night at Dante's. Never waited in line, but then I never left once I got there except to go out and smoke and then I walked right back in. I don't see what the big deal is unless you just hate Dante's - and I don't see why you'd hate it any more on this night than usual.
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 7:27 pm

crazy, i had no idea
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 1:28 pm

Not true. If you buy a ticket you are guaranteed entry before wristbanders. I went to Mudhoney last year - got there at 9 and bought a ticket for like $15. It was just like any other Saturday night at Dante's.

huh - hope you're right. i could just be stuck in my old SF mindset that anything like this is gonna sell out if you don't jump on tickets right away. that said, the mummies show at dante's STILL hasn't sold out, which is a pretty big mystery to me.
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 5:18 pm

I haven't gotten any good or consistent answers to when tickets go on sale, but I would suggest getting there early to ensure entry. BaronessDoors at 8:30 - PCG plays at 9:30 sharp. I'll be loading in around 6:30 - if I get better info then I'll go goner board mobile on this bitch and update y'all maybe. yay.

9:30 Pure Country Gold
10:30 Haunted George
11:30 Thee Oh Sees
12:30 The Gories
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 5:34 pm

meant to say Baroness show was annoyingly packed last night but not until after 10:30 or so.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®