Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 10:45 am

bah! you beat me by 8 minutes. still worth a double post, though.
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 10:48 am

hey jeffrey, do we get a warmup/practice show in memphis?
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 11:41 am

Hell yeah! Every so often it's good to be in Columbus...
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Bruce, i'm seeing a road trip in the near future.

IN THE QUEST!!!
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

i'm definately down, or is it up, i think i can hook us up with a place to stay that is not jd's moms house
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 12:35 am

screw it, just booked a hotel, it's time for a quest
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 1:03 am

Yes!!!

Already recruited a few people for this!!! The quest is filling up quick!
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Thave a spathe in the Qwetht for me, thweety!

Drankth/Flaming A'th caravan?
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 11:07 am

wow.....I so need to see this! financial ruin sucks!
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:07 am

Who's going to pick me up in Louisville? I'll buy the drugs.
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:09 am

we're going through nashville, then north
Posted: May 1, 2010 11:52 am

bruce, where did you book? Fuckin' classic car show takes over the city that weekend.
Posted: May 1, 2010 12:21 pm

hampton, tutti told me it was closest to the show
Posted: May 1, 2010 12:32 pm

thanks bruce, that one's full now, too. Jeez.
Posted: May 1, 2010 3:05 pm

yeah, i hadn't actually booked, figured i had plenty of time, called now. any other ideas?
Posted: May 1, 2010 7:24 pm

well, I know stephanie that posts here just got one by the airport, which isn't really all that close. anything close seems to be booked because this car show is at the fairgrounds which is basically in the same neighborhood, but I think you probably know where that is. I'd say you would have luck on the north side of town with prices and availability, maybe the ramada on morse rd. or on e. broad st, which is close to my house and not too too far, but I live pretty close to the airport.
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:28 pm

yeah, i decided to map quest the distance after booking the hotel. I should have known it was too good to be true when it was cheaper AND available. Whatever though! Means we're going!

!!!!!
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:30 pm

and thanks again for your help, Lula! stupid car show.....
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:33 pm

got the broad st. one
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:35 pm

got the broad st. one

how much?
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:41 pm

100 for 4
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:20 pm

and thanks again for your help, Lula! stupid car show.....

no problem, steph! Can't wait to see everyone!
Posted: May 12, 2010 10:43 pm

so i need a head count for the van....???

going to be a great show and weekend!

can't wait to meet bunnys mom!
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:20 pm

me
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:48 pm

me

i gots you. and jeff. and leila (poor girl)

cort too, i think. still another two seats.
Posted: May 13, 2010 9:30 pm

still another two seats

Count me in, please.
Posted: May 13, 2010 9:53 pm

don, i got a hotel room for four, don't think leila will be staying with us
Posted: May 13, 2010 10:21 pm

got a hotel

super sweet
Posted: May 13, 2010 10:33 pm

if anyone else is coming i can pass on the hotel info
Posted: May 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Count me in, please.

don's in!

There seems to be so many people going that renting a passenger bus might not be such a bad idea. work was a no go on borrowing one of ours( i wish i had a picture of the look they gave me when i asked. priceless) but if we rent a 15 person passenger bus, it wouldn't cost much at all. i'm checking on it.

just sayin"
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:11 pm

would that be considered limo? drinking is legal?
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:30 pm | Edited by: jerryd

depends. up to 14, no special license. 15 and more, you have to have a cdl license(limo, passenger bus), which i'm getting the first week of june for work, so driving it's not a problem.

i'm pretty sure you can drink in anything you drive, so it should be okay.
Posted: May 23, 2010 11:08 pm

checking on the passenger prices tomorrow now that school shit has calmed down, and will post them tomorrow.
Posted: May 23, 2010 11:30 pm

you do realize orion is going with us now
Posted: May 27, 2010 7:47 am

Full schedule is now up: http://www.columbusmusiccoop.org

It looks like it's free before 5, and $5 after.

Also, the Gibson Bros. are on the front page of the Other Paper today!
Posted: May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

jerry, eric and jack added i think, do you have a count? do we need bigger van
Posted: May 28, 2010 8:18 am

Line up for after show at Summit in no particular order:
Oblivians
Cheater Slicks
Bassholes (or a Burning Bus*h*)
Dexter Romweber

Starts after the Gibson Bros play

Holy shit! This came together pretty well.
Posted: May 28, 2010 8:26 am

you're shitting me
Posted: May 28, 2010 8:55 am

For real
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:15 am

this can't possibly be.

i'm stopping by used kids today to hook you up to a lie detector.
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:18 am

Shock Therapy!
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:23 am

HOLY BALLS! We were comin' anyway, but this is just icing on the cake!!!
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:31 am

NICE!!!!
Posted: May 28, 2010 9:32 am

and by nice I mean HOLY BALLS!!!!!!!!
Posted: May 28, 2010 11:51 pm

jerry, eric and jack added i think, do you have a count? do we need bigger van

checked on a day care bus to rent for the trip since so many people want to ride. first 600 miles are free, then 25 cents each additional mile. that could start to add up. a lot.

sits 14. going to look at it tomorrow afternoon. will let you know
Posted: May 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Bruce: Orion and I are both riding with you. Do you think we could get a room if we need one? AND... I think Pam and Jeremy are coming now too.
Posted: May 31, 2010 11:19 am

anything close seems to be booked because this car show is at the fairgrounds

Anyone got more info on the car show? I'm having trouble finding any mention of said event.

Don - glad to hear you'll be there, been some time since we shared a beer.
Posted: May 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:27 am

I just saw that tickets for the Oblivians/Cheater Slicks/Bassholes/Dexter Romwell after party are on sale 6/10 at bourbon street. Don't know yet what that means for out of towners, but will let you know if I hear anything.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 8:28 am

Hey Nick, can peeps buy online? If not, can I send you some dough to get Lisa & I tickets?
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:24 am

lula pee - thank-you for the car show information.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey Nick, can peeps buy online? If not, can I send you some dough to get Lisa & I tickets?

The only other time I've seen them sell tickets was for Mudhoney and there wasn't any type of online option- I was actually surprised they printed up real tickets. But let me find out more and I'll keep you a breast and then we can see if we need to figure out cuntingencies.
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 12:47 pm

thanks dude!
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 10:54 am

Nick and I are going now (thanks, Stoiph!) THIS IS GOING TO RULE!!!
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 11:47 am

It looks like it's 4 ticket limit per person for the Oblivians show and Lula and I are spoken for (that includes you two, Roe-Dawg). Still haven't heard a price...

But I can't imagine this selling out. It's a big venue and Columbus.
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 11:50 am

nick - you know what time tix are going on sale thurs?
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 12:03 pm

THANKS NICK!

How should we get you two monies? I can paypal or send ya a check - whatevs... lemme know! email me at: cococoma@gmail.com & let's hash it out!

C-Bus here we come!
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 1:12 pm

The only other time I've seen them sell tickets was for Mudhoney

...and mudhoney was next door in the 100 capacity side of the venue. And it didn't sell out. And Cheater Slicks played that. Which was way more awesome than mudhoney, of course.
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 1:30 pm

nick - you know what time tix are going on sale thurs?

Nope. I'll post on here if I hear anything, though.
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 11:24 am

here's the set times for the surly girl parking lot blowout:

3:00pm Old Hundred
3:45pm The Randys
4:30pm Fat Girls by the Snacktable
5:15pm Sweatheart
6:00pm EYE
6:45pm New Bomb Turks
7:45pm Gibson Bros.
8:45pm Scrawl
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 12:05 am

Do you need advanced tickets for the shows? Me and D are kicking around coming up... Bruce?
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 7:52 am

i don't think so james, the one's outside and the other seems to be in a room big enough that it won't sell out
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 8:16 am

i don't think the surly girl parking lot show (gibson bros, etc) has advance tickets. it's just bands playing under a tarp in a smaller parking lot. they don't know what to expect this year as far as crowds go but have mentioned a one in/one out policy if it gets too crowded.

i suspect we'll all be safe with the oblivians, etc show but who knows? the summit said they'd start selling hard copy tix yesterday but, to no one's surprise, they weren't.
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:46 am

columbus sol july!
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 9:18 am

Columbus Music Co-Op celebrates 5th Anniversary with Parking Lot Blowout fundraiser concert

Three reunited Columbus bands among acts helping raise health care funds for working musicians

Columbus, Ohio Local non-profit the Columbus Music Co-Op (CMC) has announced full lineup and set times (see below) for its 5th Annual "Here Comes Your Weekend" Parking Lot Blowout, to be held Saturday, July 10 (2-11pm) in the parking lot just north of the Surly Girl Saloon (1126 N. High St.). All funds raised from the event go toward the CMC's Columbus Musicians Assistance Program (CMAP), which administers and distributes grants of up to $1,000 to working musicians with a demonstrated health care need.

To mark its fifth anniversary, CMC organizers have organized a once-in-a-lifetime event pulling from the best of current and past Columbus rock 'n' roll (set times noted):

Old Hundred (3:00 pm) (http://old-hundred.com/)
Columbus indie-folk upstarts create a rustic stomp

The Randys (3:45 pm) (http://www.therandys.com/)
Venerable Columbus quintet can swing from jazz to rock to country and back again.

Fat Girls By the Snack Table (4:30 pm) (http://www.myspace.com/fatgirlsbythesnacktable)
Reunited neo-electroclash duo sing awkward anthems to ex-boyfriends and more

Sweatheart (5:15 pm) (http://www.myspace.com/sweatheartsweat)
ex-Columbusite Thom Lessner's Philly phreakout band bring the day-glo rock jamz

Eye (6:00 pm) (http://www.myspace.com/eye_music)
Pretty Weapons and Teeth of the Hydra members team for new metal heavy project

New Bomb Turks (6:45 pm)(http://www.myspace.com/theenewbombturks)
Columbus (and NYC) punks reunite for another loud, fast, and snotty set

Gibson Brothers (7:45 pm) (http://www.trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=gibson_bros)
One night only! Seminal twisted roots/blues quartet reunites 20 later

Scrawl (8:45 pm) (http://www.simplemachines.net/scrawl.html)
Columbus trio reunite after many years away for an ultra-rare one-off

"We're humbled and beyond excited about this year's line-up," says CMC Executive Director, Erin Moore. "To have the New Bomb Turks and Scrawl reunite was amazing enough. To have the Gibson Brothers, who haven't played a show in 20 years and who are this mythical legend among Columbus bands to actually play our fundraiser... I think it says a lot about the work that the CMC is doing to help musicians."

Gates open at 2pm, with music beginning at 3pm. Admission is free until 5pm, and $5 thereafter. This is an all-ages, family friendly event. The event will conclude by 10:30pm.

For the latest information about the Parking Lot Blowout, and for more about the CMC and CMAP, please visit columbusmusiccoop.org.

###

Through workshops, music, art events, the Columbus Music Co-op (501c3 pending) raises funds for its Columbus Musicians Assistance Program (CMAP), which disburses mini-grants to working Central Ohio musicians who are lacking health insurance coverage and are experiencing health-related financial hardships. (Criteria and application information for CMAP is available at the CMC website at columbusmusiccoop.org.)
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:10 am

oblivians, etc tickets allegedly go on sale today from the summit. i'll go down there tonight & see what the story is (how much, how many allowed to buy, etc) & report back.

if i can buy a bunch so we all have them i will.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 8:43 pm

jerry, i think my phone is screwed, we need a count and to get on a van
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

i'll call you tomorrow.
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 9:05 pm

jerry, i think my phone is screwed
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:43 pm

you guys are having problems already
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 12:01 am

you guys are having problems already

yeah, this is going the way of bowling league night.
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 1:09 pm

myself
you
jeff
leila
orion
pam
jeremy
eric
jack
beth?
hemant?
mary?

vans to go on summer: 12-15 passenger van for four days is $470 plus the first 800 miles free. that seems to be a pretty good deal.

so after free mileage runs out and with at least 10 people with taxes added in, you would be looking at about $100 each.
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 1:14 pm

that looks fine to me
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 6:06 pm

forgot about don!

don wants to ride as well.

leila said hemant and mary were a no, so at the least we have 10 people. i'll call monday and see if i can reserve it.
Posted: Jun 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Anybody know a good place to stay that is not super expensive and close to the summit, or better yet, anyone got a backyard that some of us from A Burning Bus (Don Howlands band)can pitch a tent in, or a porch to sleep on? We are polite guest.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 12:53 am

that's what i'm thinkin! big back yard a lot of us can pitch tents in!

C'MON PEOPLE!!!
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 8:25 am

don't you have to be at work?
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 9:52 am

i am at work. got here at 6:30!
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am

Jerry, need yer number. I'm at work.

Email jeremy dot scott at sharpusa dot com.

Thank ye.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:21 pm

new phone call me
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 6:24 am

Email jeremy dot scott at sharpusa dot com.

doneth
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am

hey all - this is Jess from the Columbus Music Co-op, the non-profit that is putting on this event!! wanted to share some extra info on the show and let you know i'll be checking back if you have any specific questions, just let me know!

Also, some exciting news, we are 95% sure we are going to have live web-streaming of the Parking Lot Blowout available for those who can't make it! More details will be posted here as soon as we get things all confirmed - have to make sure all the bands are cool with it and work out some technical details yet...

EVENT UPDATE (6/29/10):

Friends, rockers: This year's CMC Parking Lot Blowout is less than two weeks away (July 10), and we are really glad so many people have said they are planning on joining us (from near and far) for the party. For those of you not familiar with this event or the CMC, this is our 5th year of throwing this thing and it is our primary fundraiser for the year. All money raised goes to support local working musicians through our programming, which you can find out more about here.

The local support and fundraising aspect has always led to a real communal spirit, but clearly the addition of so many great bands has expanded our scope to generate interest from those a bit farther away this year. We are excited about that, but want people to understand what to expect, have a great time, and not be left out. So with that, a few things to remember:

1. THIS IS A LIMITED CAPACITY EVENT.
2. THERE IS NO GUARANTEED RE-ENTRY.
3. IF YOU WANT TO ENSURE SEEING ANY OF THE BANDS ON THE BILL, GET HERE EARLY OR VOLUNTEER.
4. ADMISSION IS FREE BEFORE 5PM, $5 AFTER
5. ONCE WE HIT CAPACITY, WE WILL OPERATE ON A ONE-OUT/ONE-IN BASIS.

Thanks.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 8:08 pm

here's the deal on oblivians, etc tix.

they've sold 50 of 150 as of about 2 hours ago. they'll have 100 more at the door that night.

i can get a maximum of 4 at a time, 8 if i drag a friend along. they're 10 bucks each.

BUT i need first & last names so they can match the ticket # to your ID at the door. (i think this is to prevent copying the low-tech tix).

so if you think you might freak out about not having tickets & you're coming from out of town, i'll cover you for the time being. pay it forward, brah.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 11:10 pm

i have a new idea for a rental.

much, much cheaper.

bruce, are jack and eric coming back with us?
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 7:41 am

yeah
Posted: Jul 3, 2010 3:56 pm

Pistol Pez,

Coming from far out of town and if you could help out I'd appreciate it greatly and buy you a beer.

E-mail me at mangliu@aol.com so we can work this out.

Thanks.
Posted: Jul 4, 2010 4:33 pm

Trying real hard to find tickets Pistol Pez, I am coming in for what could be one of the greatest days in music for the great state of Ohio. I would deeply appreciate your help in getting tix,

mottey63@gmail.com
Posted: Jul 4, 2010 4:41 pm

check your email, guys.

i'll swing by tomorrow night & get an idea of how many advance tix are left, too.
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 4:58 pm

5 days!
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 9:15 pm

there's plenty of advance tix still left. i'd say almost 100.
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 11:05 pm

car is rented! my van is full!!!

nice group of not so rowdy memphians will be getting there friday night!

going to be a great weekend!
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 11:07 pm

i'm ironing my suit right now
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 9:53 am

Yay! I'm glad some of you will be able to make it up to Columbus for the shows!

For those un-able to make it to Columbus or the Parking Lot Blowout on Saturday, we'll be live streaming the event from our website here: http://www.columbusmusiccoop.org/ spread the word.
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:26 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

we'll be live streaming the event

Will be watching! It's about time someone else did this.
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:47 am

hotel pool! booyah! is it 90 degrees in Columbus like Milwaukee? the fact that this hotel is like 10 miles away is a little better..haha. Columbus vacation celebration.

also, i wanted to comment before, but didn't...this Columbus Music Co-Op is unbelievably rad! Supporting this makes the trip that much more great!
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:49 am

just heard that the crazy heat on the east coast is moving into ohio, upper ninties?
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:52 am

nooooooooo
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:52 am

it's not moving, it's been in the low-to-mid 90s for the past 2-3 days, today & tomorrow.

mid-80s on saturday, though. but the day show is mostly under a large tent/canopy thing. i plan on (happily) sweating at the oblivians, etc show, though.
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks for supporting the Columbus Music Co-op everyone!

If you can't make it, but still want to support the CMC and our mission, you can donate at our site via PayPal, as well as read about our mission, programming and board if interested.

Here's a little press today about the CMC & PLBO: http://www.columbusunderground.com/parking-lot-blowout%e2%80%99s-fifth -birthday-bash

and there should be something in the Columbus Dispatch and Columbus Alive tomorrow too...
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 12:05 pm | Edited by: tallgirl

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 2:46 pm

For those un-able to make it to Columbus or the Parking Lot Blowout on Saturday, we'll be live streaming the event from our website here: http://www.columbusmusiccoop.org/ spread the word.

Make that live streaming in HD!!! Hell yeah!
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 8:54 pm

just heard that the crazy heat on the east coast is moving into ohio, upper ninties

I'm glad I spent Sunday and Monday of this week sealing blacktop, I knew something good had to come of it, and it sure as hell wasn't when I was standing over hot bubbling tar. Bring on the heat.

I had plans to bring a nice 35mm camera and 11x17 box of free records, but my new goal is too get songs loaded on a borrowed GPS and 2 clean shirts to wear. Columbus or bust.
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 9:28 pm | Edited by: jerryd

i'm bringing one set of clothes. and those are the ones i'm driving in.

fur jacket, usuain bolt tee shirt, and leather pants!

bring on the heat!
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 9:57 pm | Edited by: bruce

so, you'll be the one passed out under the table by 4:30 saturday? that means you have to drive on sunday
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:16 pm | Edited by: jerryd

nope. i'm a trooper and will suffer for fashion! will be drinking plenty of liquids.

might bring the bike for some early columbus riding, and in that case, i'll just wear my tights for the rest of the day!

watch out ladies!
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 7:32 am | Edited by: Tiger Blinds

fur jacket, usuain bolt tee shirt, and leather pants

Just sip Gatorade from a straw and you should be fine. Also wear any velvet or wool hat with a birds feather in it to keep the sun off your brow.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 7:57 am

to keep the sun off your brow.

i've got one of those umbrella hats for that.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 7:59 am

does it fit over the beer hat?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:30 am

Memphis Ohio-bound folks... is there a PLAN?

Bruce? Jerry?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:46 am

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:48 am

leave early tmrw, jerry will pick us up, if we can get out by 10 we get in about 8
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:52 am

i can see messages but can't respond on facebook, canceled hotel in favor of chez mullet
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 3:17 pm

chez MULLET!

Cool. I'll inform el Jack.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 4:16 pm

eric, check yer e-mail
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 6:19 am

Memphis Ohio-bound folks... is there a PLAN?

I'll be standing near the side of I-40 at exit 16 around 10AM. Don't forget me. I'll be wearing a Dead Moon T-shirt and a trucker hat and holding a sign up that says, "Honk if you're a lap lovin' fag. Scrogers 3:16"
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 9:43 am

Nick broke his toe and we shall spend the entire day walking REALLY SLOWLY. We're gonna up the old man factor times a bazillion. Can't wait!
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:01 am

i broke my big toe a week ago. tell him to suck it up. painkillers & beer.

rock & roll super bowl saturday! in columbus!
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:22 am

Dang. We're a splintered but scrappy crew, we are.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:34 am

i propose us injured folks get front/center seating at both shows.

and someone to bring new beers once ours are 3/4 gone.

and...
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:48 am

Uh oh, I think I know where this is heading. Did I mention I have a swollen joint capsule in my neck? I'm with the gimps! Pills and booze all around!
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:48 am

oh, and for people coming from out of town, you should know that eric from new bomb turks will be at the wexner center (on osu campus) to talk about his new book on fri at 9pm

more info

after will be a related party/show at cafe bourbon street (literally next door to the summit, where tomorrow's night show will be). 3 bands will be playing & eric will dj, too.

me & some peeps will be skipping that, though, and heading to see the spikedrivers at skully's. skully's is across the street from surly girl, where tomorrow's day show will be.

the spikedrivers are a rootsy, jammy kind of band with fiddle player & some blazing gee-tar. good, high-energy band if you're into that kinda thing. (the biggest draw for me -- walking distance from home).
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:58 am

Don't worry about me, I'll be perfecting my one stationary leg, walking in circles boogaloo. I can still give you younguns what-for even with a bum paw!

i propose us injured folks get front/center seating at both shows.

and someone to bring new beers once ours are 3/4 gone.

and...

At the very least, maybe we could get a couple chairs off to the side on the stage?
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 11:12 am

with strippers/personal valets.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 9:59 pm

See alla you jokers tomorrow!
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 10:40 am

that.......was a fun ass weekend.

estimated recovery time = 36-40 hours
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Damn right pistol...good time with good company.
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Whoah - I MAY have overdid it last nite... Ugh... Good times though... Nice to see everyone!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am

Memphis caravan assembled early Friday morning, Jerry's minivan & Darcy's rentacar. Much better plan than bowling team. Massive traffic problems going through KY... added 4 1/2 hours to our drive up. Caught end of New Bomb Turks playing an unnanounced set at Cafe Bourbon. Witnessed my first parking lot at capacity & people waiting to get into a parking lot. New Bomb Turks were once again solid & folks going crazy. Hung with Alienator! Found out there's a place in KY called Berea. Gibson Bros were fantastic, with parents & kids able to see 'em. Great. Cheater Slicks performed a PUNK 1st set. Untouchable. Walked in on some punk rock nightclub humpin'. Met Lou Poster (not the humper or humpee). Burning Bush killed it... even better than Gonerfest set. Oblivians struggled but soundguy fixed mic shocking for me at least. Couldn't hold onto my pick due to extreme arthritis & sweat. Frustrating. Managed to break D string. Nowhere near the intensity of the NY/NJ shows but sweatier & folks dug it. Missed Dexter's set as I was getting ready to rock. Missed Cheater slicks 2nd as I was still recouperating from Oblivs set. Chez Mullet was the perfect crash pad. Great to see so many people from all over the place. Drive home was easy & quick. Even got to see some of the world cup via mobitv on the iphone. Nice to be home.
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 6:19 am

I just remembered I tried to force Dave Martin to crowd surf during the Oblivians' set. Whoops! Sorry Dave!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 7:28 am

boy you hit that right Pez, it took me about 36 hours. Eric, you guys struggled? Wow, that was strugging. For me at least it was rock n roll heaven. Thanks . Cheater Slicks played a 2nd set...aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 8:11 am | Edited by: Tiger Blinds

I didn't see any Alienator! That was about as much fun as could be crammed into a weekend though. Gibson Bros. shined and hopefully we'll all get more chances to see them again. I was only in Columbus for less than an hour and managed to get a concusion but I think I enjoyed it!
Cincinnati was the bottleneck for me going up nonstop rain, luckily when I made a pit stop, Kings Island Taco Bell had an amazing deal, bag of doritos, a chicken burritto and drink for 2 dollars. I knew it was going to be a good weekend then!

I was a trooper untill halfway through The Oblivians set, then I started having engine trouble and had to glide it the rest of the way in. But I never puked! In spite of mixing burbon, pabst, and realy good Ohio beer in the opposite order of that. Tom Potter rolled me an excellent cigarette, and I think everyone was glad to see the he and his darling wife made it down for the show. Left my check card at the bar and they didn't even buy any internet drugs with yet, that I know of. Then I made it back in town 6 hours before I was due back for work. Summer time in Columbus is a beautiful thing. Maybe next time the Bassholes reunion will be in effect! Bim was looking spry and ready for action. Next day I got to sport my old Crypt/NBT shirt, and got that good Columbus stink on it, my lucky shirt.

Pistol Pez is da' man.
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 8:35 am

I'm just now starting to feel normal. Great weekend, we had a lot of fun with the algoma boys. best house guests ever. They brought us some algoma wine, I'm saving it for a special occasion. I, too, thought I was gonna die after being in the front of that oblivians crowd for the first half of their set. So sweaty. Made it out with no apparent damage. Gibson Bros were life-affirming. Cheater Slicks were badass, it really sucks that people missed it. We got to hang with tons of folks we rarely get to see, that was the best.... I am now returning to my previously scheduled life of reclusivity.
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 8:37 am

oh yeah, standing in a parking lot in the middle of c-bus for 5 hours is really, really low on my list of things I am willing to do in the name of "fun". Totally worth it!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 9:09 am

Tom Potter rolled me an excellent cigarette, and I think everyone was glad to see the he and his darling wife made it down for the show.
that wasn't his wife, but a friend from chicago
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 9:46 am

that was a hell of a sweat fest. even more so than the oblivians shows in memphis last year. i was soaked from head to toe.

my apologies to the band for yelling "pill popper!" after every song until it was played (thanks!)

alienator learned the hard way ohioans take their partying seriously.

what i think i was able to remember re: set list (in no particular order & don't take my word it) -- motorcycle leather boy, i'm not a sicko, sunday you need love, never change, strong come on, hey mama look at sis, memphis creep, she's a hole, the leather, and then i fucked her, drill, never change, pill popper, static party, live the life, vietnam war blues

these might have been played but my memory's fuzzy -- never enough, shut my mouth, no reason to live

gibson bros were rusty at first but *really* started to click about midway through their set. i would have preferred less of a crowd so i could get closer. boo hoo. i hope they play more.

caught cheater slicks right before they launched into murder. sucks i missed most of their set but i'll catch them many more times.

hey - let's do this all again!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 3:41 pm

that wasn't his wife, but a friend from chicago

Good to know...I assume to much. Sweet gal though.
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm | Edited by: Tiger Blinds

alienator learned the hard way ohioans take their partying seriously

I graduated highschool in Ohio! I spent the better part of my formative years there...you don't develope my bad habits growing up in Vermont! Thanks to you and Kim for carrying me home!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 4:07 pm

unforgettable
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 9:31 am

Today is the first day I feel fully recovered. Been late to work everyday, that's what Ohio will do to ya!

Pistol Pez have you seen my shades? Those were my favorite pair of cheap glasses, got them for free when I bought my prescription pair.
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am

Absolutely amazing. Here it is almost a week later and I'm reliving it here at work jamming Big Pine Boogie on my headphones and I just caught myself bobbing around in my chair like I was still at the show.
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Why isn't anybody talkin about Dex? It was like watching him on a riverboat in the swamp....the mosquitos were out and everything and the bullfrogs a croakin.....little disapointed his sister wasn't drummiin.
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 1:13 am

Dexter was amazing. Too bad it was cut short, damn ungrounded electricity.
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 6:40 am

Why isn't anybody talkin about Dex?

I went outside for a couple minutes and came back and it was over... The other 3 bands I did see at that show were awesome though.
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Here's a link to...

whoa - thanks a bunch!
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 9:38 am

hey ya'll. here's more video from the parking lot: http://vimeo.com/14731313
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®