Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Jack 0 & the TN Tearjerkers/Missing Monuments (King Louie)/Burning Sands - Hi-Tone, Sat 1/16
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 12:18 pm

Yes indeed! Maybe we will all have dethawed by then.

Anxious to see the new King Louie band in action!
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, I'm new to Jack O and can't wait to check this show out. I love the Disco Outlaw LP. I haven't gotten around to checking out anything from King Louie yet. That might be my next Goner order.
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 10:40 am

FULL ACTION!!! YOU WILL GET...WE GOT PINS WITH OUR NAME ON IT TOO...YOU KNOW WE BE LEGIT!!!
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 4:03 am

Thank you all for this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 11:05 am

Jack, please give some details of the Oblivians set.
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 2:41 am

All I can say about it was that at that point, I had totally forgot about the show. After the service Saturday, Ryan mentioned they'd be heading to the Hi-Tone. When I finally got there, I remembered, and thought how perfectly fitting it was that Louie's new band and the Tearjerkers were playing. There were tons of Jay's friends, loved ones, band mates and fans. Many, many people from all over this little community; from New Orleans, Chicago, Atlanta, Arizona, Portland and more. So many people that I've been fortunate to meet and make friends with over the years because of people like Jay, Eric and Zac.
It seemed like everyone there was laughing and crying at the same time.
Jack jumped up for a little guitar in Louie's set, Louie jumped up for some harmonica during Jack's. Stories of Jay were interspersed between songs. Heart of Chrome was played by just Louie and the drums.
Louie also gave a great little speech about how hard Eric and Goner and everybody has worked over these years to support this whole thing, even calling up memories of Katrina. Jack played Night Owl and then Scratchy and maybe a few others. I went to the bar with my back to the stage to get another beer and was talking with my friend Jackson (drove the van for Lost Sounds last US tour). I got caught up talking with him, and didn't even notice the stage.
And then Vietnam War Blues started playing.
I think Jay would have loved it.
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 1:57 pm

sounds like a great time. i feel like i need to come to memphis right now for some reason....
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 12:31 am

this show was a blessed booking. amazing
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®