Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / The Standells / The Moneychangers Dec 5 @ East End
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Not sure if there are any other bands....
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Portland's Busiest Defunct Band.
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Huh?
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Portland's Busiest Defunct Band.

Yeah I know.. This will be our second show this year so its not like we are playing "farewell shows" every month..

Huh?
Yeah not sure why they are playing the east end.. Its the only show they have booked or so their Facebook says..Not sure how good its gonna be though. It looks like they are down to one "standell".. A few years they were playing with 3 of the 4.. So we will see..
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=2779601&id=6647203431 1
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 5:22 pm

I stand corrected. I guess 3 of the 4 of this line up played with them in the 60's.. Not sure on what records though if any..
The Standells Facebook
" Paul Downing is one of the best guitarists around, and a great vocalist as well. John Fleck is also a terrific bassist and songwriter. Both were part of the 60's Standells"
Posted: Nov 29, 2009 2:50 am

Poking around the internets I found that:
- John Fleck was pictured on the "Try Me" LP (although no mention of him playing on any of the album)
- Paul Downing was a member of the band when Larry tried to reform them in 1970, without any of the other original guys.
- and Greg Burnham is a drum teacher. He appears to have no connection to the band until they listed him on their Facebook page.

Anyone know what the cover for the show is?
Posted: Nov 29, 2009 6:19 pm

So the type-o in the paper (standelles?) really was just a type-o? That's good news.
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:47 pm

Anyone know what the cover for the show is?
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 7:39 pm

something polyester would be my guess..
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®