Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 3:04 am

Slabtown's annual weekender contiunes...
Feb 6, 7, 8

Okay, so, there are a "few" details that still need to be worked out and a few more bands will be added. Following is what we're officially working with. Stands to be lively.

Pierced Arrows
Jack Oblivian and the Tearjerkers
King Louie and the Loose Diamonds
Pure Country Gold
The Pity Fucks
Howie & the Hot Knives
Harlan Bobo
Thee Make Out Party
The Mean Jeans
Thee Headliners
The Ettes
Hank IV
The Bare Wires
The Turpentine Brothers
The Traditional Fools
Ty Segall
The Pleasure Kills
Static Static
The Whines
The Foxgloves
Hairspray Blues

The Slabtown Bender myspace is not yet current but advance tickets will go live there in a couple of weeks.

Slabtown
1033 NW 16
Portland, OR
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:09 am

looks like a good'un... rep civ wants to get all up in this.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 10:19 am

BMMR then this 2 weeks later?

You guys are partyin!
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 12:27 pm

The Year Portland Broke
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Right...
Add:
Reptilian Civilian
Therapists
Leaders
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 4:36 am

sounds like a goodin'
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 12:43 pm

And with these final ads, we have got a Bender. PDX bros? Might be needing some help here...

Vancougar
Box Elders
Thee Manipulators
Guitar Magazine
Shark Toys
The Leaders
Meercaz
Reptilian Civilian
Therapists
The Fucking Eagles
The Fast Takers
The Whines
The Wires
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:17 pm

Sho nuff...
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 8:05 pm

what night is harlan playing? assuming you group the jack/harlan/loose diamonds/louie sets together. dont want to be out of town for that night of badassness.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 8:59 pm

spread it out....so people fo sho come to all three nights...
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 3:51 am

no disrespect matt but i work and drink and play shows and i cannot do 20 bones for three nights. the bar will get my love and i know how to tip but thats gonna be too rich for me. 20 for one is fine but cabs, drinks, and crossing the river for three nites. ya know...
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 10:01 am

no disrespect matt but i work and drink and play shows and i cannot do 20 bones for three nights. the bar will get my love and i know how to tip but thats gonna be too rich for me. 20 for one is fine but cabs, drinks, and crossing the river for three nites. ya know...

sounds like the cobra retired?
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:31 pm

Cabs? Sheeit,it's only an hour WALK from Slabville to North Portland,it's even shorter to bike,gimme a break (but not with Nell Carter)!!!

Since it's considerably longer to walk from the South to Slabtown it looks like i'll be missing this one. But best of luck up there!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 3:44 pm

It's 2 months away. put aside a dollar a day and you'll have over 60 bones!!! I'll be putting aside $3 a day because thats how I party.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 8:29 pm

i work and drink and play shows
ha ha...last time I checked I do the same thing man...tho you do work weekends...got me there....not that i'm saying you're wrong....i saw every fucking band at last years Bender..and it damn near killed me...
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:50 pm

Kill!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 11:26 pm

Surf! Slam!

Thee Manipulators

copy cats!
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 2:00 am

and the skating's getting radical!

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 2:02 am

or...sometimes i try to do things...and they just don't work out the way i want them to...

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Mudhoney
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 3:01 pm

you can't be serious
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Blue Oyster Cult
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 9:34 pm

H.U.D. Money?
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 9:42 pm

The Thrown Ups
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 2:50 pm

The Thrown Ups
That would be awesome and, in fact, was considered...

Next Late Add: Rapids

Still working on the nightly breakdown and everything else.

Point of interest: This will be Jack Oblivian's first ever Portland appearance. Oblivians, Gamblers never made it.

ss
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 11:09 pm

Then they never knew true Oblivion....
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 1:28 am

MR EPP & THE CALCULATIONS!
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 1:11 pm

matto-- its not really the mornings or the hangovers, those seem a constant. its the money. was talking to zach about this last weekend and realized we werent exagerating when spending what i pay in rent over three days could be a real possibility. self awareness can sometimes be a drag but i also cant imagine that being a weekend i start saying "no thank you im just fucked up enough" or even "i couldnt possibly, isnt that stuff illegal?"
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 2:23 pm

I'm buying a plane ticket too...feel better? Only whining outta me will be pre coffee/omelet AM style.

PS Your rent sounds cheap...I'm moving there March 1...will be Bendering AND househunting that weekend...need a lead on a fine 2 Bdr if anyone hears of anything...
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 8:06 pm

"no thank you im just fucked up enough" or even "i couldnt possibly, isnt that stuff illegal?"
Ha!...I'll race you to saying it first....!
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:00 pm

...need a lead on a fine 2 Bdr if anyone hears of anything...

I'll keep my eyes peeled. I usually see a fair number of rentals around the neighborhood. What kind of budget are you going for?
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:09 pm

around the neighborhood

which neighborhood?

What kind of budget are you going for?

around $800 per month...am I smokin' rope? under $900 for sure...

I'll keep my eyes peeled

thanks, buddy!!!
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:55 pm

which neighborhood?

I live in North Portland. Quick and easy to downtown, highways, trains, buses, etc.
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 9:55 am

Sweet, North Portland would be fine by me...

...and back to the Bender! It's gonna pump gnads!
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 11:59 am

I love me a silent G.
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Weekender wristbands on sale soon.

myspace.com/slabtownbender
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 2:00 am

dear sam can rep civ please not play sunday?
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 2:45 pm

mudhoney! hahaha thats great
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 3:23 am

Bender weekender wristbands now available
All three nights
$28

http://www.myspace.com/slabtownbar
http://www.myspace.com/slabtownbender

pick them up at will call

day of show/single night $12
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 3:34 am

Fuck, I wish I could go to this.
yamhill, save your money and send the whole thing telepathically.
Or find some A/V fuckheads in town to get involved.
Don't make us come up there like the Blackout.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 3:51 am

Fuck, I wish I could go to this

i'll be thinkin' about you
every time i buy
someone from Dixie
a drink
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 5:21 am

I think about you every time I read shitty poetry.
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Okay, following are Bender details and the working line-up.

Evening shows to start at 7pm (cover/wristband)
Afternoon shows to start at 1 pm (FREE)
Nightly admission: $12
Weekender Wristband: $28
Available at
http://www.slabtownbar.net (hopefully)

FRIDAY
The Fucking Eagles
Harlan T. Bobo
Pure Country Gold
The Bare Wires
Vancougar
The Pleasue Kills
The Mean Jeans
Thee Headliners

SATURDAY
Mudhoney
Pierced Arrows
Hank IV
Rapids
The Traditional Fools
Thee Make Out Party
The Foxgloves
Reptilian Civilian
The Fast Takers

MAT
Ty Segall
The Whines
The Worthless Children
Hairspray Blues

SUNDAY
King Louie One Man Band
Box Elders
Static Static
The Pity Fucks
Howie & the Hot Knives
The TVees
Guitar Magazine
Shark Toys
The Leaders

MAT
Therapists
Black Pussy
Meercaz
The Wires
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 1:10 am

oh christ we get to start off the whole fucking thing? well now.
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Adam and I work weekend days so Therapists can't do the matinee. The earliest we are off is 4pm
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Nice move putting Tearjerkers LAST on SUNDAY night! You're KILLIN me!!
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 7:33 pm

we're gonna open that shit up with a rockasoulacountrygospelbluespunknrollabilly blast!
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 1:00 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

What: The Slabtown Bender
When: February 6, 7 & 8
Where: Slabtown

Message to the writers. Message to the people.

The Bender is back and it's time to take five seconds to realize....

If you're waffling on buying a wristband and want to get in all weekend or just want to be confident you can make it in Saturday night, please consider purchase a wristband ($28, good for admission all three nights) via one one of the websites below. Only a limited number are presently available.

www.myspace.com/slabtownbar
www.myspace.com/slabtownbender

As was the case last year, afternoon shows will be FREE.
Single night of show admission is $12

THE LOWDOWN
On February 6 - 8 Slabtown will host its annual blowout festival"THE BENDER"an event fast becoming Portland's signature weekender for truly wild rock 'n' roll. We're pretty condifent this year's line-up lives up to that hype.

Continuing a fine tradition, Bender 09 will showcase some of the most exciting underground rock 'n' roll talent making noise today. 35 bands from across the country will play all day and all night. And, not to overlook, this year will feature a sure to be heroic performance by a legendary northwest band who hasn't played such a "modest" sized club in years " MUDHONEY.

For the history buffs, it all started back in February 07 with Slabtown celebrating a change in ownership. That marked the first Bender party (free all weekend) supported primarily by Portland's own great "Shake No Action"  scene (EEgos, Reptilian Civilian, Howie & the Hot Knives). Bender 08 continued to spin out of control with manic brilliance hailing from California (Knights of the New Crusade) to New Hampshire (Live Fast Die). This year every thing just got crazier. We've got a hearty Memphis contingent flying in (Jack Oblivian, King Louie, Harlan Bobo) and, what promises to be, down-right life-threatening sets by two living northwest scene giants Mudhoney AND (true standard bearers) Pierced Arrows. 

Pure pandemonium, people. Pure pandemonium.

Please cover. Please come.
Exact door times to be announced.

Following is the line-up for Bender 09. 

FRIDAY
Static Static
Harlan T. Bobo
The Fucking Eagles
The Bare Wires
Pure Country Gold
The Pleasue Kills
The Mean Jeans
Thee Headliners

SATURDAY
Mudhoney
Pierced Arrows
Hank IV
Rapids
The Traditional Fools
Thee Make Out Party
The Foxgloves
Reptilian Civilian
The Fast Takers

MAT
Ty Segall
The Whines 
The Worthless Children
Hairspray Blues

SUNDAY
Box Elders
King Louie One Man Band
Vancougar
The Pity Fucks
The TVees
Howie & the Hot Knives
Guitar Magazine
Shark Toys
Therapists

MAT
The Leaders
Meercaz
Black Pussy
The Wires

Slabtown
1033 NW 16
Portland, OR

Slabtown
The Slabtown Bender
www.slabtownbar.net
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 2:03 pm

Portland is officially "overblown"!

but I love it

PS> the Wires should headline
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 7:36 pm

Surf! Slam!
Thee Manipulators
copy cats!

?!? ... cuz there's a "Mike" in the band?
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 5:10 pm

Portland is officially "overblown"!

0....kay
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Attention record labels, rad businesses and bands with merch to sell...

There is still space left in the Bender 09 program. The program will be available at the bar and at select locations around town on January 29 and it not only lays out the Who, the What and the When of all the Slabtown insanity but also includes a lot of How, as in "how to spend time in Portland when you're not having your mind blown at the Bender." Like that.

Message us at www.myspace.com/slabtownbar for more details.

Thanks!
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Just a reminder to all you guys making Bender plans...

Wristbands good for admission all Bender weekend (Feb 6, 7 & 8) are only available online at the websites below.

http://www.slabtownbar.net

Bring on the danger.
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 3:25 am

slipped some flyers to green noise tonight...grabbed some other ones for the north end too...
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 4:51 am

Wristbands
I guess we who paid via paypal will pick up the bands at the venue on Friday?
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 8:52 am

Wristbands
i'm having no luck purchasing the discounted bender band wristbands sam had offered to the bands of bender - that online slabtown paypal deal only wants to charge full price...any bender band people know what the story is? i'm broke and would really like to save the $

thanks
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Here\'s the deal so far...

If you bought a wristband online, you will pick up it up at Will Call at Slabtown

If you\'re in a band and want to buy a discounted wristband you will have to buy those at the club. More details to come.
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Attention Discount Shoppers:

This Thursday Slabtown is having it’s annual Bender Listening Party. All night music by the bands appearing at this year’s festival will be blasting on the house PA. In addition...

...at the Listening Party Bender 09 wristbands (good for admission to all three nights of the Bender) will be reduced to $25 (online they can be purchased for $28).

AND Bender 09 t-shirts will also be available (ten bucks; they look great) as well as the festival programs.

Following and attached is the Bender 09 Program band descriptions.
We'll be posting these description on the Slabtown blogs with hyperlinks

Bender 09
Feb 6, 7 & 8
Slabtown

---
The Bands of Bender 09
by Courtney Castleman, Howard Higgins, Michael Spencer Day and Sam Soule

The Bare Wires - Straightforward punk rock with catchy hooks. From members of Snakeflower 2 and River City Tanlines. This Oakland band will make you wanna drink a Sparks, dance all night, and hold someone's dirty hand afterwards.
(cc)

Harlan T Bobo - Brilliant high burn/low simmer introspective soul rock from with more hardwon sincerity than roomful of crying Chan Marshalls. If Jack is the sex symbol of the Memphis court, Harlan is the hearthrob.
(ss)

Box Elders - If you’re not excited about Omaha, Nebraska’s greatest cultural achievement, maybe you’re at the wrong festival. These de-tuned giants of damaged sixties pop are glowing in the shadow of early Cheater Slicks. Bask in it.
(ss)

Coco Cobra & the Killers- Local punk rockers fronted by a seductive stripper, and backed by some of the Spider Babies. Songs about sex, sex, and more sex.
(cc)

The Fast Takers - Big sound with edgy-clean guitars and front man showmanship aesthetic, Fast Takers embrace their sonic heritage with pride and purpose.
(hh

The Foxgloves - 12 string electric, bass, beats, and keys"these puddle stomping sweethearts skillfully combine hook, rhythm, and harmony.
(hh)

The Fucking Eagles - A total blast-off of over-the-top, high-energy Northwest garage punk from the depths of Ground Zero, aka Tacoma, WA.
(ss)

Guitar Magazine - Low-down, riff-heavy, bar room punk from Oakland, CA. A swaggering train wreck of fun with Erin from the great Top Ten. Brand new.
(ss)

Hairspray Blues - Hair down in the throw-down is nothing to cry about. Nothing stays in place... and nothing should.
(ss)

Hank IV - Former Icky Boyfriends (SF) expand their portfolio of nail-driving rhythm and crazy vocal pummeling. One of the heroes of Gonerfest 4 and the only band cool enough to write a song about The Wire’s Omar, Hank IV’s spot in history is secure.
(ss)

Thee Headliners - These modern day troubadours two-step the line between ballad and brawl. Recently in the studio and gearing up for a trip down south to SXSW.
(hh)

Howie and the Hot Knives - Portland's finest party rock dance band shows no sign of slowing down soon.
(ss)

King Louie and the Loose Diamonds: Louie punched me in the face six years ago and chipped my front tooth. Course, I asked for it.... like I did this... ragged Southern soul as true as a dance-floor blood spill. King Louie has answered the call, and he’s got a royal Memphis court in tow.
(ss)

King Louie One Man Band - Fat chicks, boiled cabbage and Jesus, it’s all here, in one great big man. Katrina-beater Louie Bankston is a one-man rock ‘n’ roll choir of New Orleans desperation. Please, step back.
(ss)

Thee Makeout Party - Hailing from Anaheim, CA (home of Disney). Thee Makeout Party play punchy power-pop inspired by good record collections, late-night tongue swapping, and the American dream of a tasty hamburger and a girl to share it with.
(cc)

Mean Jeans - "2 Much Cocaine" is Snortland's greatest love song... and we thank you, Means. Initially a top shelf goofball pop punk duo recently re-located from DC, this year Howie from Howie & the Hot Knives joined the band, making the Mean Jeans a top shelf goofball pop punk TRIO, recently relocated from DC. Genius! Need a reason to get up early Sunday? Here it is.
(ss)

Meercaz - Back from a short break, the eagerly anticipated return of one of Stumptown's finest purveyors of garage-rock-noise-punk.
(hh)

Mudhoney - They may not have invented fuzz, but Mudhoney took the idea and exploded our minds with it. That was 1988. Who would have thought that they'd still be with us 21 years later? While their contemporaries either imploded or limped off the scene with their lattes and strollers, Mudhoney have continued to fly the flag for distortion and wild abandon. For that we should all be thankful.
(msd)

Jack Oblivian and the Tearjerkers - How about a bit of hot buttered soul with your rock'n'roll? Memphis troubadour, Jack Oblivian and his Tennessee Tearjerkers, grace a Portland stage for the first time and bring this year's Bender to a thrilling conclusion. Even if you are just clinging on by a fingernail at this point of the weekend, your limbs will miraculously begin to twitch and your ass will start to shake all over again. This is a performance not to be missed and will be well worth any residual grogginess come Monday morning.
(msd)

Pierced Arrows - After another marathon year of treating the world to their brand of untethered rock'n'roll, Pierced Arrows return to the Bender with another 90 gigs under their belts and more of their anthems for the apocalypse. When the walls come tumbling down, remember these three names. Fred, Toody, Kelly. Three smoldering hearts. Three souls amplified.
(msd)

The Pity Fucks - With a name like this how could you go wrong? These no-nonsence PDX party go-ers play garage rock with ease, and a one-handed organist cripples the crowd with pound after pound of crushing keys.
(cc)

The Pleasure Kills - Maybe the most badass pop band in this year’s line-up. You got your soaring keys and tough guitars with enough wavey-glam-punk in the impressively structured song writing to make these sounds radio-friendly AND radio-wary. To wit, badass.
(ss)

Pure Country Gold - Rip City's two-piece powerhouse PCG churns up root rhythms with a modern edge. Arguably Portland's greatest bluesmen, Petey and Jake never disappoint in dishing out a rebel rousing booty shakin' good ol' time. New single out on Big Legal Mess.
(hh)

Rapids - Frothing, bleating, whirling-dervish Mr. Croghan and co. serve up a sophisticated blend of melody and distortion. These guys got it and ain't afraid to loose it.
(hh)

Reptilian Civilian - These damage rock kids stirred up so much shit up in Sandy they had to move to Portland. Now only the Dandy Warhols can stand them. Joke! (The Dandy’s could never understand such an inspired and fashionless, spasmodic wreck.
) (ss)

Shark Toys - This multi-instrumentalist duo from Carbon Canyon, CA will be a welcome change of Bender-pace. Largely acoustic with serious nods to the likes of Pussy Galore, Pavement and Daniel Johnston. Not to be missed.
(ss)

Static Static - Arcane vomit-show of tribal mysticism and regimental insanity. You saw the headline: “LA cuts loose with Red Aunt on drums.” Keep driving. Keep dancing.
(ss)

Therapists - Raucous, rowdy, and unrefined - out on parole just in time for the show - kinda of like the sick pleasure one gets while starring at an automobile accident. Single out on Felony Fidelity.
(hh)

The Traditional Fools - Surfy garage-punk form San Fran. Fuck shit up or die trying.
(cc)

The TVees - Swinging PacNorWest rock 'n' roll traditionalists from Vancouver, BC. The good time dance party is on. Totally.
(ss)

Ty Segall - Someone known in the business as “one rad and talented dude,” San Francisco’s Ty Segall fronts the Epsilons and plays drums for the Traditional Fools, when he not killing it with his solo material. Be killed.
(ss)

Vancougar - Motown harmonies and serious fuzz bass lay the essential foundation for this all girl quartet from Vancouver, BC. The took me unawares... but they took me. Prediction: their set could be one of the biggest crowd pleasers of the weekend.
(ss)

The Whines - House party favorites bring their own concoction of post-punk-pop, mixing picking guitar, primal beat, and sinfully sweet singing. New single out on Just For The Hell Of It.
(hh)

The Wires - Carrying on the fine local tradition of no bullshit rock-n-roll, The Wires telegraph an angst ridden jingle-jangle nostalgia.
(hh)

The Worthless Children - Don’t miss this new Portland band of power popping jangle trippers. TOTALLY worth it.
(ss)
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 4:20 am

grammar school pays off as
the skid kids at Slabtown use
mega skills to help us
navigate aesthetic and
athletics with a well presented
line up checklist.

I hope me and my half breed wolf
can by the eye candy fruit juice..

best pdx music venues restrooms = Slabtown (where you never have to worry about being out of shitpaper)
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 2:56 pm

slabtown restrooms= I like the free slurpy troff
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 4:41 pm

slabtown restrooms= I like the free slurpy troff

I sure looked like that the night I yacked up a 3lt of Tiki Punch in it.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Tonight

Bender Wristbands available at the bar for $25

ss
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 12:34 am

my lungs are gunna feel like THIS
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 6:27 pm

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 12:12 am

has anyone been able to get the paypal wristband thing to work? I'm failing.
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 12:08 pm

has anyone been able to get the paypal wristband thing to work? I'm failing.
It was being a bit nutty a few weeks back. Nothing I tried worked, but I tried it again the following day and everything went through fine. Never figured out why.
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 12:38 pm

worked okay for me a couple weeks ago
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 3:36 pm

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:19 pm

starts tomorrow!

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/the-bender-cometh/Content?oid= 1106671

i hear your band is playing.

and aren't you supposed to be working?
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 8:53 am

I told you...all further conversations will have to be ok'd by my publicist...it's on folks....tonight...
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 11:18 am

Friday February 6th
King Louie & the Loose Diamonds 12:05 - Close
Static Static 11:25 - 11:55
Harlan T. Bobo 10:45 - 11:15
The Fucking Eagles 10:05 - 10:35
The Bare Wires 9:25 - 9:55
Pure Country Gold 8:45 - 9:15
Coco Cobra & the Killers 8:10 - 8:35
Meercaz 7:35 - 8:00
Thee Headliners 7:00 - 7:25

WILLAMETTE WEEK
[ROCK AND ROLL] Tonight's Slabtown Bender kickoff features dirty-ass New Orleans-Memphis rock stylings of King Louie and the Loose Diamonds (Louie is famous locally for playing keyboards on and co-writing much of the Exploding Hearts' Guitar Romantic), and a performance from the Loose Diamonds' own Harlan T. Bobo. Bobo makes excellent, soft-acoustic country pop on his lonesome, and his latest album, I'm Your Man, is an honest, soulful solo effort with smart lyrics and a menagerie of stylistic departures. It's also pretty chill on the whole. Everything else on this bill, especially the Fucking Eagles, will rock your face off with whoah-along lyrics and ample distortion. Earplugs, people. CASEY JARMAN. Slabtown 1033 NW 16th Ave., 223-0099. $12. 21+. 7 pm.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 11:29 am

Have fun @ the Bender this weekend ... I'm leaving for stupid Vegas now.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 12:13 pm

Online Bender Wristband sales no longer available. However...

....Friday from noon to 5pm you can buy a wristband at Slabtown. We will be closed for business but are making sidewalk wristband sales available; just, you know, knock on the front window..

Please note: THERE ARE NO advance sale tix available for Saturday and Sunday nights. But...

...tickets for Saturday and Sunday nights are available 3pm day of show at the Slabtown bar.

For those about to bend, good luck.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 5:36 pm

I feel unprepared for this
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 5:39 pm

Yeah, I have a headache right now. Are pillows going to be provided?
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 6:16 pm

Yeah, I have a headache right now. Are pillows going to be provided?

Just stick your head in the ice bed located in the men's room. It'll cure any headache.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 6:46 pm

Just stick your head in the ice bed located in the men's room. It'll cure any headache.

OK! It sure would be great if the men's room had special mints too!
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 6:47 pm

I feel unprepared for this
They have bottles full of preparedness behind the bar...have at 'em!
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 7:35 pm

Are pillows going to be provided?

those aren't pillows!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 8:11 pm

go to it po' land!
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 12:08 pm

Harlan T......Loose Diamonds....holy shit....amazing......ready for day 2!
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 12:43 pm

Day One came off beyond Slabtown's highest expectations.

Thee Headliners kicked things off with "Closing Time". Harlan impressed everyone. A bartender "accidentally" went home with Sam Soule's car keys....

Tickets tonight go on sale at the bar at 3 pm (little known fact).

Slabtown opens today at noon. $3 breakfast. Bloody Mary bar. Bend.
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 1:47 pm

Merrcazz..slick and solid
Thee Headliners..tight with a stomp
Bare Wires...wow, good take off
Pure Country Gold..had the cuties with the booties shakin' it
the clouds of grey fell as the night lenthin'd
met some P town goners and others who made the trip down fron Ctown
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 2:14 pm

harlan destroyed.

vodka + bourbon = not good.
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 2:34 pm

Got some great videos & pics last night. Working on uploading everything today before I head down for round 2. Will post links as soon as they're all up and ready...
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 2:53 pm

Too True.....
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 3:01 pm

Harlan! Yes!!

vodskey, the two-legged horse of cocktails.
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 3:22 pm

Got some great videos & pics last night.
most of which involving my forehead..
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 8:08 pm

most of which involving my forehead..

well- only for Harlan's set. Louie's set is mostly about Holly hollerin'.
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 8:54 pm

good god. beers. a million. tequila. several. mushrooms. running around a park until 7 am. happened. breakfast. 6 pm. I wanna meet the guy who first chicken fried a steak and shake his flour dusted hand.

love all of you. see you in a bit.
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 3:38 am

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? WHERE IS THE VIDEO?
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:40 am

Wow...so awesome....i've been shooting film...but i promise to have pics up soon.....fucking insane......
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 8:08 am

well- only for Harlan's set. Louie's set is mostly about Holly hollerin'.

Uhhhhhh...i don't remember this part of the evening. wha happened again? what i do remember was quite fabulous!!!! can't wait to head back tonight for the tearjerkers, box elders, all the other rad shit!! unfortunately, i have to be driving cab too...so no drinky tonight... i might just behave.
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 10:05 am

morn of a mornimg person for day 2
stopped in for the $3 breakfast and a morning superdump
yakked with the lead singer for Pure Country Gold
looked forward to the Whines

That trio did some original songs, good craft and unique
talent..kinda early Quick Silver Messenger style.
sweet and lasting..i almost fell in love

Ty Seagal was filled with the spirit of Buddy Holly and
california raisen sun..you can tell he is creative in a
golden childlike way

I guess night two was packed I missed it.
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 11:15 am

whoo! PICS! VIDEO!

?????
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 4:44 pm

Alright- took me most of yesterday just to upload 5 vids from Fri night- & I still got 4 more of Loose Diamonds to work on today- but here they be. I'll get the pics up on flickr today, too. I skipped out last night cause I've seen most the bands a bunch- but I'll be back in the saddle for tonight- mostly sober & tryin to get more good pics & video footage.
Enjoy!

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 5:02 pm

last night was ridiculously packed. I think I ended up watching most of Pierced Arrows and the first Mudhoney song (Fang cover). that was it! otherwise I was fucking hiding from the throngs.
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 6:23 pm

Uploaded pics from Friday night:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luciferousl/

More to come tomorrow. Now it's time to shower & get ready to finish off this here party!
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 7:33 pm

wow...awesome Lacy...thanks...those are fucking great!...
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 8:38 pm

stop the bender i want to get off
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 8:41 pm

ah Sam...you know there is no stopping the Bender till it's done...I see some rocks on the coast...full speed ahead!
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:03 am

Mudhoney was the best show Ive ever seen... I think.... I dont remember all of it or most of the shows Ive seen. But god damn they fucking killed. Thanks Sam
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:22 am

i tried...
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 6:06 am

thanks Sam..thanks Brinda...thanks everybody....I'm gonna go die now....see you on the other side.....
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 4:54 pm

Lamenting the shows I had to miss. Thanks for the cool shit, L. See you soon.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 9:02 pm

I'll get more vids up soon...must eat. And sleep. 2 things I haven't quite managed to do just yet...oh yeah, and take a shower to wash the stink of booze off me.

Louie- you never fucking called me, jerky. I woulda skipped my shower & made ya'll some fried chops, taters, gravy & greens- all southern stylee. Ya snooze, ya lose!
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 11:11 pm

Box Elders!
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:42 am

yeah!
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:43 am

that shit was a blast.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:44 am

box elders owned sunday night
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 2:27 am

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 11:42 am

I wanna see more photos from the whole weekend. Bmmr too - who's got em? whats ya alibi? i found a lot of sick videos of the mudhoney set at slabtown on youtube. i was shitfaced but i had forgotten how many times steve turners guitar got unplugged. classic!

i dont know who posted this shit , but theres lots

hate the police
i can see my legs upside down on stage, not bad
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 2:26 pm

The only set I missed was the Sat. matinee; I missed the Whines, damn it. I missed the $3.00 breakfast plate. I had it Sunday and it was good; bacon was perfect. It's worth having twice. Sat. night the bartenders were flippin' their lids. They couldn't get away from the bar so they smoked right there. "We don't need any stupid laws. " I had bloody boogers for 2 days from hanging out in the smoke filled game room. Maybe we can vote for our favourite performance and the winner gets a big wrestling belt. The BENDER Crown. I liked the way Traditional Fools pulled off their set considering every piece they had broke down. That drunk dude in the green shirt was fuckin' outta control. Hugs are just as good as drugs. TVees cancelled and The Eegos played a super fun set. I've been wanting to see them and did. Pink shirt and all. I'm glad some of that flesh waving spilled in from Mary's. Exposed skin is much needed in the Winter. Finally seeing King L. was great and I like how he split it up by playing Fri. and Sunday. Mean Jeans played last set in the Mat. and primed everybody for the final night. It's a pizza slice, riding a skateboard, throwing bolts of electricity. Awsome!! Buy their 7"!!!!!!
Having Jack O. & the Tearjerkers playing last was nothing shy of genius.
I noticed that there wasn't any cops anywhere near Slabtown. Or any jacked up angry security dudes. Pretty fuckin' chill. In the pics hotlinked above, it looks like Harlan T. Bobo's hand is bleeding? Is that the light or does he always bleed when he plays? My batteries died on my way down, so I only got shots from the last night. Yes, please post more. Hopefully we'll see a BENDER09 full-length like the GONERFEST5 record. Cheers to the one that brought Louie the jar of pickles. Joe P. was sorely missed. There should have been a MC. One that comes out on stage and makes really bad jokes. "Do you wanna pop-tart?"
DOO-WOP
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 3:27 pm

mudhoney set at slabtown
awesome...started with a Fang cover..did their normal Dicks one mid-set..the Tales of Terror homage off the new album , and ended with Black Flag...gots some roots those boys.....I'm workin on those pics, but i roll prehistoric style...shot 21 rolls that weekend....developing at home startin' tonight!
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Just now catching up on the sleep, post Bender. I actually worked my regular three shifts following... Rest is good.

In reflection, all I can say is... above and beyond. Above and beyond. Slabtown didn't dare hope for a Bender that great... thank you all.

Special thanks to the Memphis court that flew out and showed what true rock 'n' roll royalty sounds like; and to Northwest greats Mudhoney and Pierced Arrows, they're involvement brought us all up. I mean, holy crap... the Bummer and the Bender only two weeks apart? Portland is on the map.

To close, Bender '09 was Memphis; Bender '10 will be Medway.

Or so we hope.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 4:49 pm | Edited by: Luciferous L

I've been sick as a dog all week- so kinda slacking on my uploading. But I did get my footage of the Eegos and the Pity Fucks up. Still working on the vids for King Louie OMB, Box Elders & Jack Oblivian- but they's a comin'.
I'll try to post the last 100 or so pics I got from Sunday on my Flickr today/tonight.

My youtube page is http://www.youtube.com/user/LuciferousL
My Flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/luciferousl/
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 5:27 pm

god...you got that shit too?...I missed three days of work....brutal shit...
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 8:02 pm

HOW THE HELL DID I NOT GET SICK???

Great vids, great pics, great fucking BANDS, great time...great town, think I'll move there...YEAH!
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Bender '10 will be Medway

nice
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 3:45 pm

I'm still hacking up yellow salamanders and talking like Harvey Fierstein
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 7:01 pm

me too...what's with the nuclear snot shit...
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 6:28 am

I'm with ya'll. You could use what's coming out of my nose & lungs to seal windows and repair roof leaks. And so many pretty colors. Bullshit respiratory crud...

Anyhoo- I finally finished uploading all the youtube videos- so the King Louie OMB, Box Elders, Jack Oblivian, EEgos & Pity Fucks stuff is all up for your viewing pleasure. And all the pics from Sunday are uploaded on the flickr shiznit, too.

My youtube page is http://www.youtube.com/user/LuciferousL
My Flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/luciferousl/
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 6:39 pm

imported memphis bird flu?
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 6:40 pm

i got it too!
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 6:46 pm

fucking voodoo hot zone
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 6:59 pm

pretty soon your snot just turns into Cozy Corner bbq sauce and you start talking with a drawl...
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 10:43 pm | Edited by: rightpeg

I'm about the only person I know who didn't get that bug. Stay healthy! Eat kratutm, percoset and methodone. Wait, maybe that should be, "stay sick"....
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 2:11 pm

I didn't get the bug either. Coincidence?
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 3:32 pm

just call me Skankpeg...
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 6:13 pm

nice.
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 8:14 pm

i finally posted some pics....you have to go to my stupid myspace tho-i don\'t have a flicker account.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture& friendID=1761112&albumId=2113744

i got band shots from the first night only... sad face!
too much booze, which is documented within.

mostly PURE COUNTRY GOLD and HARLAN T. BOBO with JACK O. in a bunch of them. also MEERCAZ and COCO COBRA AND THE KILLERS!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®