Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 11:21 am | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Last year was great. Great. Great.

The SXSW Music Festival will be held March 18-22, 2009 in Austin, Texas
SXSW website: http://www.sxsw.com

If your band is interested in performing in a SXSW ‘official’ showcase, band submissions are now being accepted and the deadline is November 7, 2008.

The early application cost is US $25 (through September 26, 2008). The cost increases to US $35 from September 27th until the final deadline.

FYI from SXSW FAQ:

When will I find out if my band has been accepted for a showcase?
Acts who complete applications AND if applying via the SXSW website, upload music and materials by our deadlines (October 24, 2008 for international artists, November 7, 2008 for US-based artists) will be notified of showcase status by January 30, 2009. Your notification will come via email to your Primary Contact.

We will try to notify you sooner rather than later. International artists have an earlier submission deadline so you can be notified in time to facilitate obtaining visas and making other travel arrangements.

If my act is accepted for SXSW 2009, can I schedule non-SXSW Austin shows around my SXSW performance?
If accepted for a SXSW Music showcase, artists agree to not perform at any other public shows in Austin between the dates of March 17-22, 2009 and to notify SXSW of any non-SXSW private parties or in-stores scheduled. Non-SXSW appearances cannot occur during SXSW Festival hours (7 pm to 2 am nightly), cannot charge admission, or be advertised in any media available to the general public.

Artists acknowledge that a showcase slot at the SXSW Festival is a valuable commodity, and agree to limit their appearances at non-SXSW events to no more than one a day in order to not diminish attendance at the official showcase venue, and in order to maximize media, registrant, and public attention at their official SXSW showcase.

As ALWAYS: If you have even the slightest inkling to attend SXSW this year, reserve a room RIGHT NOW! And cancel it later if you don’t need it. There are some CHEAP (get what you pay for) hotels ($55-ish) with kitchenettes around I-35 & Oltorf that would be great for the long week/weekend.

It’s gonna be a WHILE before it’s time to deal with any of the other usual SXSW hijinx, but I plan on doing the same shit I do every year -- so send an email with band name in the subject line if interested or you have questions: everybodysdoinit@gmail.com
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 4:39 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

First deadline is here:

($25 for early submissions, $35 for applications submitted after September 26, 2008)

As ALWAYS: If you have even the slightest inkling to attend SXSW this year, reserve a room RIGHT NOW! And cancel it later if you don’t need it. There are some CHEAP (get what you pay for) hotels ($55-ish) with kitchenettes around I-35 & Oltorf that would be great for the long week/weekend.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:18 am

Memphis bands could play SXSW for free

Memphis bands who intend to apply for the South by Southwest music conference can save a few bucks by visiting the Memphis Music Resource Center. The first 50 bands who visit the center between now and November 4 can get their registration fee waived by the Memphis Music Foundation. Bands can also express their interest in being part of an official Memphis music showcase planned for the March conference. Just visit the Memphis Music Resource Center, which is located at 431 South Main Street, Suite 201.

Recognized as the country’s biggest music conference, SXSW offers musicians an opportunity to be heard by record labels, publishers, media and booking agents. The Memphis Music Foundation, along with other Memphis organizations including the Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau and Music Memphis, will be leading a Memphis music delegation at SXSW 2009. The Memphis music presence will include an official Memphis Music Showcase, VIP Party and exhibition presence to promote the local music industry. The strategy is part of the Memphis Music Foundation’s Ambassador program, which takes Memphis talent on the road to significant entertainment industry events to advance Memphis music and position the city as an independent music center.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:53 am

Already?!?
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Looks like parking will suck even more come Spring

Downtown meters will no longer be free after 5:30pm weekdays and weekends. And there has been no increase in public OR pay for parking lots. Boo.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:54 pm

if any bands need shows then get in touch w/ me at
timmythetexasturd@gmail.com

i am doing a few shows at beerland again and I will be doing day and night shows at this club called club 1808 which had a outdoor stage that does like 400 and inside that does about 200.
i will be booking all 5 days there.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 2:33 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

What are the LEGIONS of hardcore bands gonna do if you're soliciting GONERS, Timmy?

I gotta say -- I'm starting to feel less and less satisfaction from working so hard year after year to coordinate shows during SXSW simply to help out ALL the friends I've made, helped, supported, danced and raged with for so many years in an effort to give them an opportunity to participate -- the non-stop sense of competition among friends gets ickier and ickier and more prevalent as each year passes.

That said, although I already have some pretty strong commitments lined-up for the 7th (8th?) year of Beerland Free Day Shows, please contact me if you have questions or want to inquire about playing unofficial SXSW shows during the SXSW Music Festival: everybodysdoinit@gmail.com
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 11:09 pm

i doubt 5 days worth of hardcore bands to fill day and night will be here for sxsw....haha.

i'm sure I'll do hardcore..i'll do whatever.
just offering help,
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 10:37 am

^
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 5:41 pm

First Big Round of SXSW Announcements & Rumors

We have been keeping an eye on various music blogs, reading press releases, and bugging a few booking agents to get an idea of the bands we should expect to see at SXSW 2009, taking place March 18-22. Legendary record producer Quincy Jones has been selected as the keynote speaker for the conference, with rumors swirling on appearances by the likes of Elton John, Katy Perry and The Faces. Here is the list of bands that have been confirmed or rumored thus far:

A-Trak (Montreal, Canada)
A Day To Remember (Ocala, FL)
Alela Diane (Portland, OR)
An Horse (Brisbane, AU)
Angus and Julia Stone (Sydney, AU)
Anni Rossi (Chicago, IL)
Autons (Portsmouth, UK)
B.o.B (Atlanta, GA)
Bart Davenport (Oakland, CA)
Beach House (Baltimore, MD)
Birds of Tokyo (Perth, AU)
Black Lips (Atlanta, GA)
Blue King Brown (Melbourne, AU)
Busy P (Paris, France)
Choo Choo (Bern, Switzerland)
Cotton Jones (Velvet Belt, MD)
Damaged Good$ (Dallas, TX)
Dappled Cities (Sydney, AU)
Dear and the Headlights (Phoenix, AZ)
Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele (Taylor, MI)
Devlin & Darko (Baltimore, MD)
Dirtblonde (Liverpool)
Dirty Projectors (Brooklyn, NY)
Drop The Lime (Brooklyn, NY)
Dry Spells (San Fransisco, CA)
Flosstradamus (Chicago, IL)
Franz Nicolay (New York, NY)
Future of the Left (Cardiff, UK)
Great Northern (Los Angeles, CA)
Handsome Furs (Montreal, QC)
Henry Clay People (Glendale, CA)
Hot Panda (Edmonton, Canada)
Hot Snakes (Seattle, WA)
Human Highway (Ontario, Canada)
Infusion (Sydney, AU)
Jason Isbell (Muscle Shoals, AL)
Jesse Rose (Berlin, Germany)
Josh Pyke (Sydney, SU)
Justin Townes Earle (Nashville, TN)
Kid Confucius (Sydney, AU)
Lukestar (Oslo, Norway)
Madeline (Athens, GA)
Matthew Dear (Detroit, MI)
Micachu (London)
Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson (Brooklyn, OR)
Mr. Lewis & The Funeral 5 (Austin, TX)
My Disco (Sydney, AU)
N.A.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA)
O’Death (Queens, NY)
Passion Pit (Cambridge, MA)
Past Lives (Seattle, WA)
Pivot (Sydney, AU)
Rademacher (Fresno, CA)
Red Riders (Sydney, AU)
Rogue Wave (Oakland, CA)
Rosie & The Goldbug (Cornwall, UK)
Royal Bangs (Knoxville, Tennessee)
Sage Francis (Providence RI)
Simian Mobile Disco (London)
St. Vincent (Dallas, TX)
Sugar & Gold (San Fransisco, CA)
Sweet Water (Seattle, MA)
Switch (United Kingdom)
The Airborne Toxic Event (Los Feliz, CA)
The Boat People (Brisbane, AU)
The Botticellis (San Fransisco, CA)
The Brothers Movement (Ireland)
The Coathangers (Atlanta, GA)
The Count & Sinden (London)
The Devil Wears Prada (Dayton, OH)
The Drones (Melbourne, AU)
The Fumes (Sydney, AU)
The Grates (Brisbane, AU)
The Invincible Kids (Minneapolis, MN)
The Juan Maclean (New York, NY)
The Pack A.D. (Vancouver, Canada)
The Rapture (New York, NY)
The Temper Trap (Melbourne, AU)
The Thermals (Portland, OR)
The Whip (Manchester UK)
These Arms Are Snakes (Seattle, WA)
VHS or Beta (Louisville, KY)
Vancougar (Vancouver, Canada)
Vetiver (San Fransisco, CA)
Virgin Passages (London)
White Lies (London, UK)
XRABIT (London)
Youth Group (Sydney, AU)
Z-Trip (Los Angeles, CA)
Zoroaster (Atlanta, GA)

A few of the big-name rumors right now:

Morrissey
Elton John
Billy Joel
Jesus Lizard
The Faces
Katy Perry

If you have more info, leave it in the comments so we can check it out!
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Hot Snakes (Seattle, WA)

ummmmm....
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 11:19 am | Edited by: rich riggler

Nice line-up, Sherry!
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Thee Headliners are playing the Starcleaners Record Blowout with The Hickoids topping the bill!
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Thee Headliners are playing the Starcleaners Record Blowout with The Hickoids topping the bill!

gotta be the best show of the whole deal!
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 3:54 pm

I would like to see a Jesus Lizard/Katy Perry double bill.
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 7:50 pm

are the PITY FUCKS heading down too??
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 10:46 am

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 10:52 am

haha racheland the city's on top of the game, 1st comment
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 11:00 am

More from the Austinist
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 5:57 pm

Sonics, eh? Wonder where they'll play...
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 3:46 am

France Has the Bomb's one "confirmed" show fell through. Anyone know of any open bills? Parties, in-stores, clubs, anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can send a message to our myspace page.

URL
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 6:22 pm

PETS (Oakland)
RARE FORM (Brooklyn)
NOBUNNY (San Francisco)
UZI RASH (Hollow Earth)
HUNX & HIS PUNX (Gay Bay)

All these bands wanna play a party together. somebody open yr doorsz.
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 10:44 am

DEVO Set to Headline BMI's SXSW Showcase Friday

Forget about even trying to get in. Pffft.

I wished it was gonna be on Auditorium Shores so people on the bottom of the food chain could have a SMALL chance of seeing or hearing them.
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Evil Army is down for playing if someone can get us a show.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 2:22 pm

This shuttle appears to be a pretty sweet deal & VERY affordable for peeps staying in/near hotels away fr downtown $30 for a 4-day pass -- hell, it's $30 for a one-way cab-ride -- that is, IF you're lucky enough to get a cab during this time. FUCKING nuts around here.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 5:15 pm

There's also the reliable bus service, and it's only $1 a day, worth checking if one stops near your hotel. I used this every day last year and it worked out pretty good. The owl bus service was a life saver, trying to get a cab at 2am is a virtual impossibility.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Gary -- you coming back?
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 8:50 pm

trying to get a cab at 2am is a virtual impossibility.

^^ this can't be stressed enough. i thought about taking a hotel shuttle to the airport figuring that would be the one place where i could find at cab but instead i bribed a doorman at a hotel. it was insanity.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Gary -- you coming back?

Yep! Decent gigs are a bit thin on the ground over here, so I can't wait to see some cool bands. What's happening with all your shows?
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 3:10 pm

They're coming right along, Gary.

Just about everything I'm working on is juuuuuuuust about confirmed (so long as they don't get stolen from me again) -- info coming soon!!

Plus I've heard of several other great shows being lined-up all over by all kinds of good people. Shit's gonna be great as usual -- I wished there were three of me to see every band/show I wanna see!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 4:03 pm

I wished there were three of me to see every band/show I wanna see!

Ha! You're right there, Sherry.
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 11:03 am

updates on shows?
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 5:14 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Beerland Free Day Shows
Saturday, March 21st 1-6pm, 21+
Sweet Rot & X! Records Presents:

1:00 - 1:30 Frustrations
1:45 - 2:15 Blank Its
2:30 - 3:00 The Pets
3:15 - 3:45 Terrible Twos
4:00 - 4:30 Blank Dogs
4:45 - 5:15 Human Eye
5:30 - 6:00 Tyvek
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:45 pm

hey, I have the Sunday after SXSW, March 22nd held at Murphy's, the band I held it for cancelled, now Love City is playing it, they are from Phili...please email me if I like your band and you want to play the show.

alicjat@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm

trying to get a cab at 2am is a virtual impossibility

thinking about taking my bike down.
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:49 pm

thinking about taking my bike down.

That's awesome you're coming.
Hope I get to see you.
Are you playing?
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Here's some good stuff announced at: http://www.nenerecords.net/

Weds March 18th:

Flatbed Press (3:00 pm) 2832 East M. L. King
XYX
Ratas del Vaticano
Eat Skull
Psychedelic Horseshit
Talk Normal
Tyvek

Thursday March 19th:

Sound on Sound (3pm) 106 E North Loop Blvd:
XYX
RATAS DEL VATICANO
LOS LLAMARADA
PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT

Ballet Austin - 501 W. 3rd St. 8pm
91.7 KVRX Austin presents:

XYX
Vivian Girls
AIDS Wolf
Finally Punk
Total Abuse

Friday March 20th:

Sound On Sound Records - 2pm
Penetración Cósmica
ZOLA JESUS
ABSINTHE MINDS
THE YUPPIES
WET HAIR

Saturday March 21st:

Beerland - 8pm
XYX
Annihilation Time
Kim Phuc
Gun Outfit and more
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 11:21 am

Saturday, March 21st
The Music Gym - 815 E. 6th Street
Victim of Time.com Showcase:

12:30 - 1:00 Dead Ghosts - http://www.myspace.com/thedeadghosts
1:15 - 1:45 Guinea Worms - http://www.myspace.com/guineaworms
2:00 - 2:30 Christmas Island - http://www.myspace.com/xmasisland
2:45 - 3:15 Woven Bones - http://www.myspace.com/wovenbones
3:30 - 4:00 TV Ghost - http://www.myspace.com/televisionghost
4:15 - 4:45 Digital Leather - http://www.myspace.com/digitalleather
5:00 - 5:30 Intelligence - http://www.myspace.com/theworldisadrag
5:45 - 6:15 Eat Skull - http://www.myspace.com/eatskull
6:30 - 7:00 Psychedelic Horseshit - http://www.myspace.com/psychedelichorseshit
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 12:33 pm

man sxsw sucks balls glad I don't have to do this competitive rat race"look at me look at me " bullshit this year
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Well I wished you were coming back, Jay -- but I totally agree with you.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Well, that's just wonderful, two great shows clashing on Saturday afternoon already.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 7:56 pm

The music gym? REally? SXSW has officially run out of venues.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 3:20 pm

music gym

we were supposed to play there, but got moved over to red 7. not sure who we're playing with. don't really care, really.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

You got a big-time upgrade. REd 7 is the defacto hardcore/metal/punk venue now. The music gym is a reheasal place at the southeast corner of I-35 and E. 6th. Think ponytails and Jimmy Buffet cover bands.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 4:29 pm | Edited by: arman

defacto hardcore/metal/punk venue now

thanks for the heads up on that. we played the outside stage at red 7 back in october. waitain played inside. the smell...think pig blood mixed with metal head sweat. played one show there back when it was OHMS. good times.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 4:34 pm

the smell...

If you close your eyes, you'd swear you were back at Emos circa 94. They just have the outrside stage now, although I'm sure for the circus they will have an inside stage, too. Hey I have an idea. SXSW can use porta pottys as singer songwriter venues! They are the perfect size for an "intimate" venue.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Chicago Kevin - duh... call me... I'll be your cabbie. Got wed/thur/fri off work
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

the circus

rick, you want to go down to lockhart for bbq? thats right, you heard me... i'm asking you on a man-date.
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 9:37 am

mmmm, bbq. I'm playing bass with Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders again, so I'm at eh mercy of Pat wanting to play three times every day.
I should be able to make a bbq run, though.
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 10:44 am

The music gym is a reheasal place at the southeast corner of I-35 and E. 6th. Think ponytails and Jimmy Buffet cover bands.

Oh yeah -- forgot to mention that all the bands listed below are playing Jimmy Buffet cover songs ALL day Saturday for free in the courtyard of the place kind enough not to charge $1500 -- like most other establishments are charging. But I can GUARANTEE -- this will not be the case next year.

Saturday, March 21st
The Music Gym - 815 E. 6th Street
Victim of Time.com Showcase:

12:30 - 1:00 Dead Ghosts - http://www.myspace.com/thedeadghosts
1:15 - 1:45 Guinea Worms - http://www.myspace.com/guineaworms
2:00 - 2:30 Christmas Island - http://www.myspace.com/xmasisland
2:45 - 3:15 Woven Bones - http://www.myspace.com/wovenbones
3:30 - 4:00 TV Ghost - http://www.myspace.com/televisionghost
4:15 - 4:45 Digital Leather - http://www.myspace.com/digitalleather
5:00 - 5:30 Intelligence - http://www.myspace.com/theworldisadrag
5:45 - 6:15 Eat Skull - http://www.myspace.com/eatskull
6:30 - 7:00 Psychedelic Horseshit - http://www.myspace.com/psychedelichorseshit

Oh yeah - Pat Todd would NOT turn down an offer to play at the Music Gym - or anywhere.
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh Come on Sherry, you know I was referring to what happens at that place the other 51 weeks of the year. Would you rather play there or Red 7? that's the context of what Arman and I were talking about. The place isn't kind, its available. It sucks that even little shitty shot bars are charging 1500 bux, but as long as there are corportate parties to book, that's what's gonna happen.

True, Pat would take a show there. If it was any week other than sxsw he wouldn't. Right now, I'm talking him out playing at Giddy Ups and Sam's Town Point.
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 6:01 pm

I everyone. I'm new to the board, but I was interested in finding out more about the Goner showcase this year, which appears to be at Red 7 on Saturday night. As of yesterday, the SXSW site showed that the Reigning Sound were playing but they aren't listed anymore. Does anyone have the heads up? Thanks in advance.

Jay
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 1:29 pm | Edited by: Sunshine

ha ha good luck at red 7. that place sucks ass. stood there the other night in what appeared to be water but was the portas over flowing with shit and piss. yummy. maybe they will step it up a notch for sxsw
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm | Edited by: jaysutton

I'll gladly stand in piss and shit to see the Reigning Sound. Just want to make sure they are going to be there before I bring my Wellies. :)

They are also supposedly playing the In the Red (unofficial) showcase at Beerland on Friday night with Vivian Girls, Kid Congo Powers and some others.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:03 pm

red 7. that place sucks ass

kid, let me tell you about a little place called the cavity and the blue flamingo....
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Testify Brother Arman. REd 7 may smell like piss, but at least they have a good stage and PA.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:44 pm

OK, so I guess no one knows. Or they are giving the newbie a hard time. Sigh.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Beerland's website seems to think so.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 3:39 pm | Edited by: jaysutton

Yeah, as do the myspace pages for Kid Congo, Vivian Girls, and other bands on that bill. What concerns me is that the Reigning Sound was officially on the SXSW showcase list and schedule when they released it the other day, and shown to be playing the Goner Records showcase at Red 7 (with Jack Oblivian, Harlan T Bobo, The Limes, Box Elders and Magic Kids - see here). But now the Reigning Sound is gone from SXSW's official site so I'm wondering if they canceled their plans to come. I figured someone on here would know if anyone would. Their own myspace page has never been updated with SXSW info.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 6:47 pm | Edited by: eric o

reigning sound cancelled. they will not be in austin.

bummer.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 7:13 pm

^%!$%#$%!&$@$*&%^%$!%&#^%!*$&^

FYI, those are cuss words ala Beetle Bailey. Damn.
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 10:00 am

Hey Kids -- don't forget about this GREAT resource from (the tireless and unflappable efforts of) DAN:

http://www.showlistaustin.com/
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am

reigning sound cancelled.

WHAT???? don't they realize gow IMPORTANT "south by" is to ones career in todays competitive and ever changing music market? i mean, how are they ever going to "move units" if they miss out on industry panel discussions and softball games?
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 6:31 pm

yo Arman get of the computer and "go back to work " and "do what your boss says" and "clock in for the man "
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 1:57 pm

yo Arman get of the computer and "go back to work " and "do what your boss says" and "clock in for the man "

Wow, cutting on people for having normal jobs because you're an overhyped rock star. Some people have kids to take care of and bills to pay. Someday your bubble will burst and you'll be a greeter at the local Wal-Mart.
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 7:33 pm

hmm cutting on people for trying to make a living outta music is just as lame . I was just busting his balls a bit and in no way was seriously hating on someone for having a fucking job ! I have had shitty jobs in my past and I know they are in my future nothing last forever that's they way of the cosmos . Over hyped rockstar ? Please... I'm a tiny fucking speck of dust in the "world of music" and will be the first to admit it . Fyi my fucking bubble was busted many many years ago but thanks for trying .
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Friday, March 20th 1-6pm
Goner Records Daytime Party
Free Day Show @ Scoot Inn, 1:00-6:00pm, 21+
1308 E. 4th Street (4th & Navasota)
http://www.scoot-inn.com

1:00 John Paul Keith and 145s - http://www.myspace.com/johnpaulkeith
1:45 Overnight Lows - http://www.myspace.com/theovernightlows
2:30 Digital Leather - http://www.myspace.com/digitalleather
3:30 No Comply - http://www.myspace.com/rivercitynocomply
4:15 Viva L'American Death Ray Music - http://www.myspace.com/vivalamericandeathraymusic
5:15 Nobunny - http://www.myspace.com/nobunnylovesyou
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 5:55 pm

we're rolling!
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 10:32 am

hmm cutting on people for trying to make a living outta music is just as lame

aw, come on jay. touchy touchy. i'm not hackin on people who make a living by playing music, i'm hackin on THE BIZ. don't tell me you're 'ok' with panel discussions at SXSW.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 2:55 pm

of course I hate the biz . But I think I hate the indie rock mentality just as much .
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 5:19 pm

thanks sherry!
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 5:58 pm

More info...................some duplicate....but final line-ups.

Friday, March 20th

Goner Records Daytime Party, 1:00-6:00pm
Free Day Show @ Scoot Inn, 21+
1308 E. 4th Street (4th & Navasota)
http://www.scoot-inn.com

1:00 John Paul Keith and 145s - http://www.myspace.com/johnpaulkeith
1:45 Overnight Lows - http://www.myspace.com/theovernightlows
2:30 Digital Leather - http://www.myspace.com/digitalleather
3:30 No Comply - http://www.myspace.com/rivercitynocomply
4:15 Viva L'American Death Ray Music - http://www.myspace.com/vivalamericandeathraymusic
5:15 Nobunny - http://www.myspace.com/nobunnylovesyou

Beerland Free Day Shows
http://www.beerlandtexas.com.com
Get Bent! 1-6pm, 21+

1:00 - 1:30 Dead Ghosts - http://www.myspace.com/thedeadghosts
1:45 - 2:15 Personal &The Pizzas - http://www.myspace.com/personalandthepizzas
2:30 - 3:00 Hunx & His Punx - http://www.myspace.com/hunxsolo
3:15 - 3:45 Lover! - http://www.myspace.com/killdewaynne
4:00 - 4:30 Golden Boys - http://www.myspace.com/thegoldenboys
4:45 - 5:15 Box Elders - http://www.myspace.com/boxelders
5:30 - 6:00 BBQ - http://www.myspace.com/marksultan

Cheapo Discs Free Day Show, All Ages
http://www.cheapotexas.com/
http://www.myspace.com/blackoutbookingpromo
Blackout Booking Presents:

11:00 TV Ghost - TV Ghost - http://www.myspace.com/televisionghost
12:00 Brimstone Howl - http://www.myspace.com/brimstonehowl
1:00 Greg Ashley - http://www.myspace.com/medicinefuckdream
2:00 Thomas Function - http://www.myspace.com/thomasfunction
3:00 Terrible Twos - http://www.myspace.com/terribletwos
3:30 Human Eye - http://www.myspace.com/humaneyedetroit
4:00 Intelligence - http://www.myspace.com/theworldisadrag
5:00 Lover! - http://www.myspace.com/killdewaynne
6:00 River City Tanlines - http://www.myspace.com/rivercitytanlines

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

Saturday, March 21st

Beerland Free Day Shows, 1-6pm, 21+
http://www.beerlandtexas.com.com
Sweet Rot & X! Records Presents:

1:00 - 1:30 Frustrations - http://www.myspace.com/thefrustrations
1:45 - 2:15 Blank Its - http://www.myspace.com/blankits
2:30 - 3:00 The Pets - http://www.myspace.com/thepetsoakland
3:15 - 3:45 Terrible Twos - http://www.myspace.com/terribletwos
4:00 - 4:30 Blank Dogs - http://www.myspace.com/blankdogtime
4:45 - 5:15 Human Eye - http://www.myspace.com/humaneyedetroit
5:30 - 6:00 Tyvek - http://www.myspace.com/tyvekmusic

http://www.myspace.com/sweetrotrecords
http://www.myspace.com/xrecordsdetroit

The Music Gym Free Day Show
815 E. 6th Street
Victim of Time Presents:
http://www.victimoftime.com/

1:00 - 1:30 Guinea Worms - http://www.myspace.com/guineaworms
1:45 - 2:15 Christmas Island - http://www.myspace.com/xmasisland
2:30 - 3:00 Woven Bones - http://www.myspace.com/wovenbones
3:15 - 3:45 TV Ghost - http://www.myspace.com/televisionghost
4:00 - 4:30 Digital Leather - http://www.myspace.com/digitalleather
4:45 - 5:15 Intelligence - http://www.myspace.com/theworldisadrag
5:30 - 6:00 Eat Skull - http://www.myspace.com/eatskull
6:15 - 6:45 Psychedelic Horseshit - http://www.myspace.com/psychedelichorseshit
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 6:09 pm

WEDNESDAY MARCH 18TH:

Beerland Free Day Show, 21+

Can't Stop The Bleeding.com presents
Endless Boogie (NYC, 5:40pm)
The Homosexuals (London/NYC, 4:50pm)
Turbo Fruits (Nashville, 4pm)
The Young (Austin, 3:05pm)
Eat Skull (Portland, 2:20pm)
Dikes Of Holland (Austin, 1:40pm)
Psychedelic Horseshit (Columbus, 1pm)

WEDNESDAY NIGHT SHOW:

Natrix Natrix House - 3222 John Campbell’s Trail, Austin, Texas 78735 - Tyvjk, XYX, Ratas del Vaticon, Eat Skull, Psychedelic Horseshit, Talk Normal.

Thursday, March 19th

Sacred Bones presents

Blank Dogs
Gary War
Naked on the Vague
Factums
The Pink Noise
Zola Jesus
Dead Luke
Absinthe Minds
Patio: Fresh and Only’s

Trailer Space Record Store (OPEN AGAIN!!!)
1401-A Rosewood Avenue
Bachelor Records Show:

7:30 RnR Adventure Kids
8:00 John Barretts Bass Drum of Death
8:30 Dead Ghosts
9:00 The Pharmacy
9:40 Japanther
10:20 Personal and the Pizzas
11:00 The Yolks
11:40 Hunx and his Punx
12:20 Nobunny

Friday, March 20th

Lew-Dog (http://www.myspace.com/lewskerdu) is putting on a house-show:

Friday, March 20th Noon to 11pm Two KegsThe H.M.S.
Hazard House (West Campus, space me for addresss)

(12:00 - 12:40pm) wild america / cold cutz
(12:40-1:20) needy visions
(1:20-2:00) vivian girls
(2:00-2:40) rare form / uzi rash
(2:40-3:20) the reaction
(3:20-4:00) honky horn and bad mouth / stupid party
(4:00-4:40) future virgins / shell shag
(5:20-6:00) this bike is a pipe bomb
(6:00-6:40) pack a. d. / the evaporators
(6:40-7:20) stymie
(7:20-8:00) woods
(8:00-8:40) the pharmacy
(8:40-9:20) rock n roll adventure kids
(9:20-10:00) teenage cool kids
(10:00-10:40) used kids
(10:40-11:20) taco cat / sex advice
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 6:31 am

Wow. Great job Sherry!
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 8:55 am

yowza!
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks, Gary -- FYI: I only worked on the shows in the 3-2-09 5:58pm thread. The ones listed below that are ones I considered notable.

Look forward to seeing you again!
And everyone else too.
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 10:38 am

I only worked on the shows in the 3-2-09 5:58pm thread

Those are the best ones!
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 11:25 am

is there someone going there that can pick me up a copy of the new Oh Sees LP?

baby wants vinyl!
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 2:02 pm

this competitive rat race\"look at me look at me \" bullshit this year

isn\'t that what\'s known as \"working in the music industry\"?

yawn
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 7:49 pm

WEDNESDAY MARCH 18TH:

Can't Stop The Bleeding.com presents
Endless Boogie (NYC, 5:40pm)

they're playing some more shows too. check 'em out.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 2:50 am

03.18.09 Wed Austin, Texas. Habana Bar- Starcleaner SXSW Showcase w/ The Hickoids, Shellshag, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, Stupid Party, Future Virgins, Thee Headliners, The Reaction

www.starcleaner.com

wooooooooo!
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 4:11 am

MASSIVE RAGER thursday march 19th!
The Starcleaner
Big Texas Party
@Art Project
301 Chicon at 3rd
Thursday March 19th at NOON

Needy Visions
50 million
Needy Dogs
Rare Form
Cruddy
DD/MM/YYYY
Mathematicians
Wildildlife
The Besties
When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth
Attic Ted
Prizzy Prizzy Please
Rad Racket
Thee Headliners(we play at 6:15)
Vivian Girls
The Pharmacy
Used Kids
Wild America
Honky Horn and Bad Mouth
Fugitive Kind
The Cold Cuts
Bob Taylors Latest Review
Dead Dog
Stupid Party
Shellshag
Japanther
Future Virgins
The Reaction
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 9:58 pm

sat. mar 21 at red 7 on the PATIO (goner showcase inside)

8 pm Rabid Rabbit (Chicago, IL)
8:40 pm Attack in Black (Welland , ON)
9:20 pm Joe Jack Talcum (Philadelphia, PA)
9:55 pm High Tension Wires (Denton, TX)
10:40 pm Trash Talk (Sacramento, CA)
11:15 pm Ebony Bones (London, UK)
12 am Gentleman Jesse & His Men (Atlanta, GA)
12:45 am Frodus (Washington, DC)
1:15 am (and between sets) DJ Keith Morris of the Circle Jerks (Los Angeles, CA)
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 11:18 am

What showcase is that, A?

Havent' been able to look -- fucking crazy around here.
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 3:01 pm

sherry, like it says its the show at red 7 on sat. night on the patio. pretty much seems like a hodge podge of "what do we do with these guys" sort of showcase. totally fine with that.
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 4:09 pm

the Hex Dispensers are playing these:

Fri. 03/20- Colonel Records /Douchemaster Records /Rob's House day party-
Longbranch Inn - 1133 E 11th St
5pm Gentleman Jesse & His Men
4:15 The Weight
3:30 King Tuff
2:45 Electric Shadows
2pm Hex Dispensers
1:15 Ex-Humans
12:30 Daddy Longlegs

Fri. 03/20- @ Club 1808 (1808 E. 12th st)
Abe Vigoda (12:30am), Gun Outfit (11:30pm), Kim Phuc (10:30pm), The Hex Dispensers (9:30pm), Pocahaunted (8:30pm), Cult Ritual (7:30pm), Hank IV (6:30pm), Ratas De Vaticano (5:30pm), Infinite Body (4:30pm), The Goat (3:30pm), Tolsatd (2:30pm)

Both are non-sxsw and free
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 6:44 pm

hex dispensers, king tuff, and gentleman jesse in the span of 3 hours? great fucking day.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 2:02 am

here are the shows i'm helping out with...

Wed March 18th at Emo's (outside)
FREE!
all age's

fat possum presents:
the King Kahn & BBQ show - 5:30
Thomas Function - 4:45
the Strange Boys - 4:00
Wavves - 3:15
Crocodiles - 2:30
Turbo Fruits - 2:00
Old Blood - 1:30
Willem Maker - 1:00

Wed March 18th at Emo's (inside)
FREE!
all age's

brooklyn vegan/solid pr presents:
the Bronx - 5:45
Young Widows - 5:00
Annihilation Time - 4:15
Trash Talk - 3:30
Psychedelic Horseshit - 2:45
Garotas Suecas (from Sao Paulo, Brazil) - 2:00

Wed March 18th at the Broken Neck(4701 red bluff road)
$5.00
all age's
9pm
BYOB

Easy Action
Annihilation Time
Kim Phuc
Psychedelic Horseshit
Young Widows
Vaaska

Thursday March 19th at Club 1808
FREE!
all age's

gigotron and videothing. com presents:

Outside Stage:
Vivian Girls -12:30
Crystal Antlers - 11:30
Team Robespierre - 10:30
the Strange Boys - 9:30
Seaspin - 8:30
PRE - 7:30
All the Saints - 6:30
Golden Triangle - 5:30
the Soft Pack - 4:30
Graham Forest - 3:30
Tweak Bird - 2:30

Inside Stage:
Crystal Stilts - 12:00
Deer Tick - 11:00
Ponytail - 10:00
Kurt Vile - 9:00
Tallest Man on Earth - 8:00
Chairlift - 7:00
Aids Wolf - 6:00
Real Estate - 5:00
Mi Ami - 4:00
Non Plus - 3:00

Thursday March 19th at Beerland
FREE!
21 and up

Sailor Jerry Presents:
*special guest* - 12:30
Easy Action - 11:45
Mark Sultan aka BBQ - 11:00
Gentleman Jesse and His Men - 10:15
Po Po - 9:30
Nick Flanagen - 9:15
Cause Co-Motion! - 8:45
Deskonocidos - 8:00

Friday March 20th at Club 1808
kill your idols,ppm and teenage teardrops party presented by converse.
FREE!
all age's

Outside:
No Age-1:00
Mika Miko-12:00
Wavves-11:00
Silk Flowers-10:00
Soft Circle-9:00
Trash Talk-8:00
Pygmylush-7:00
Nick Flanagen-6:45
Naked on the Vague-6:00
Sisters-5:00
Finally Punk-4:00
Lucky Dragons-3:00
DSS-2:00

Inside:
Abe Vigoda-12:30
Gun Outfit-11:30
Kim Phuc-10:30
the Hex Dispensers-​9:​30
Infinite Body-8:30
Cult Ritual/Total Abuse-7:30
Hank IV-6:30
Ratas De Vaticano-5:30
Pocahaunted-​4:​30
the Goat-3:30
Tolsatd-2:30

Friday March 20th at Trailer Space Record Store (1401-A Rosewood Ave)
all age's
FREE!
byob

the Death Set - 11:45
Team Robespierre - 11:00
Totally Michael - 10:15
Ninjasonik - 9:30
Cerebral Ballzy - 8:45
High Tension Wires - 8:00

Friday Night/Sat Morning on the Bridge
Trash Talk
Vivian Girls
Annihilation Time

Sat March 21st at Club 1808
all age's
FREE!

tee pee records presents.
Annihilation Time-6:15
Year Long Disaster-5:20
the Warlocks-4:30
Night Horse-3:40
Tweak Bird-2:50
Black Math Horseman-2:00

Sat March 21st at beerland
Chaos in Tejas Presents:
21 and up
$5.00

*special guest*-12:45
Annihilation Time-12:00
Trash Talk-11:15
Iron Age-10:30
Kim Phuc-9:45
Gun Outfit-9:00
XYX-8:15
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 7:15 am

ENDLESS BOOGIE's rock schedule

Wed March 19th - Beerland (711 Red River)
w/ Eat Skull, Homosexuals, Turbo Fruits and more.
Endless Boogie at 5:40pm

Thursday March 19th - Friends of Sound Records (1704 South Congress)
Endless Boogie @ 5:00pm

Thursday March 19th - Smokin' Music (504 Trinity)
w/Radio Moscow, The Entrance Band, and Flower Travellin' Band.
Endless Boogie @ 11:00pm

Friday March 20th - Urban Outfitters backlot (2406 Guadalupe)
Endless Boogie @ 3:00pm

Friday March 20th - The Music Gym (815 E. 6th St)
w/Kurt Vile, and Coconuts.
Endless Boogie @ 1:00am
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Night Owl North: [pdf] To Guadalupe and Lamar to Rundberg. Every 30 minutes

Night Owl Southeast: [pdf] To Riverside and Burton Drive. Every hour

Night Owl East: [pdf] To Airport Blvd. Every hour

Night Owl Lamar/S.1st: [pdf] To Manchaca at William Cannon. Every 30 minutes

Night Owl Cameron : [pdf] To N. Lamar and Braker. Every 30 minutes

Night Owl Dove Springs : [pdf] To Pleasant Valley at William Cannon. Every 30 minutes

----------------------------

With the large festival turnout and fewer streets to park on, the City recommends festival goers share rides and use public transit to attend the events. Transportation officials coordinated with Capital Metro to extend Dillo and bus service times for event participants. Capital Metro’s Dillo service will run until 11 p.m. each night and its “Night Owl” routes will provide late-night travel between midnight and 3 a.m. Check http://www.capmetro.org for downtown routes.

For drivers and commercial deliveries, the City developed the traffic control plan to ensure that Sixth Street remains open during peak morning hours (6 to 10 a.m.) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the music festival. Brazos Street stays open continuously during the SXSW event. Additionally drivers will have only slightly reduced access on Fifth and Seventh streets due to a single lane of closure on those streets. The City also worked with area residential and commercial property managers to ensure their access and egress from downtown.

Street closures March 18 - 22 include:

500 through 600 blocks of San Jacinto Boulevard and Trinity, Neches, Red River and Sabine streets:

Closed 6 a.m. March 18 until 3 a.m. March 22

200 through 700 blocks of Sixth Street,
500 through 900 blocks of Red River Street, and
200 block of Nueces Street:

Closed 10 a.m. March 18 until 3 a.m. March 22nd

For the live concerts at Auditorium Shores on March 19, 20 and 21 the westbound right hand traffic lane of 600 through 800 blocks of W. Riverside Drive shall be closed:

6 to 10:30 p.m. March 19
6 to 10:30 p.m. March 20
Noon to 10:30 p.m. March 21
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 1:19 am

leaving to get on our plane in like 5 hours...so stoked. this is gonna be insane! wish we could stay all weekend...
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 9:35 am

share rides and use public transit to attend the events

fuck that. i'm bringing my bike.
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 12:09 pm | Edited by: carney

Rank Outsiders day show Wed, Room 710 noon-6. FREE

Woggles
Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders
Scott Deluxe Drake
8 Foot Tender
Heartsexplode
Patrick "Salt" Ryan
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Fuck. I really start missing Austin every year around this time.

Have fun, y'all...
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

OK,how was it? No,you can't get away w/just saying it was "fun". Pictures,you tubes,and anecdotes,people! DO IT!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®