Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 9:32 am

pretty much booked now. we should have our lp for sale at shows, barring pressing fuckups.
also bringing along a bunch of other aarght! shit for sale.
thanks everyone who's helped out!

Thu 9/11 - SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Hemlock Tavern w/ Hank IV, The Pets
Fri 9/12 - OAKLAND, CA -- Ghost Town Gallery w/ Sir Lord Von Raven
Sat 9/13 - CHICAGO, IL -- Ronnie's w/ M.O.T.O.
Sun 9/14 - MILWAUKEE, WI -- tbc

Wed 9/17 - COLUMBUS, OH -- tbc
Thu 9/18 - PITTSBURGH, PA -- Lava Lounge w/ Burndowns, Full Color
Fri 9/19 - NEW YORK, NY -- Don Pedro's w/ Redondo Beat
Sat 9/20 - PHILADELPHIA, PA -- Johnny Brenda's w/ Pissed Jeans, Cutter

Fri 9/26 - MEMPHIS, TN -- Hi-Tone Gallery - Gonerfest Five

Wed 10/1 - MOBILE, AL -- Alabama Music Box w/ Hibachi Stranglers
Thu 10/2 - HOUSTON, TX -- Rudyard's w/ Welfare Mothers
Fri 10/3 - AUSTIN, TX -- Beerland w/ Hex Dispensers, Golden Boys, Lovetaps
Sat 10/4 - AUSTIN, TX -- Emo's w/ Quintron & Miss Pussycat
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 10:08 am

Fri 9/12 - OAKLAND, CA -- Ghost Town Gallery w/ Sir Lord Von Raven
Sat 9/13 - CHICAGO, IL -- Ronnie's w/ M.O.T.O.

Geezus - I hope you're flying.... because...um...
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 10:21 am

we're dumb, close to that dumb, but not quite.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:06 am

would that be secret cutter on the philly date?
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 4:23 pm

You dingos are coming to Columbus while we're across the country?!
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:11 pm

it could be thee godless tornado, i just got it off the johnny brenda's myspace

yeah we are, nick. i would've liked to see your band too. you could just stay home?
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 1:08 am

This looks like a primo opportunity to burn a vacation day.
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 11:02 am

I will be thousands of miles from those locations on those dates...I call for a reworking! No? Damn...my fault for skipping G'fest. Come back soon Rich and your Ooga Boogas!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Updated:

Sun 9/14 - MILWAUKEE, WI - Dipping Station
Wed 9/17 - COLUMBUS, OH - Carabar

2 weeks to go. Hope to meet some of you chumps at the shows. We're picking up the LP on arrival in San Fran, and will flogging it on the road.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 12:23 am

my fault for skipping G'fest.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 12:56 am

but....I bought the Staags record!!

I went to work in my Ooga Boogas t-shirt today, and...swear to die...all my 22 year old coworker babes said, "hey, you look cute today!"...no longer will I put forth an effort to dress "work" like.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 4:28 am

If you need a place to hang between the Milwaukee & Columbus shows, lemme know. You should try to squeeze a trip to Cedar Point or King's Island in if you have time.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 9:48 am

will try my best to make it to the philly show. i haven't even been there yet either!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 10:39 am

johnny brenda's is a pretty big place... maybe 300-400 capacity? good sound as well.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 6:52 pm

CHICAGO DATE IS ALSO WITH: COCOCOMA.

just sayin'.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:34 am

rich, super bummed to tell you we can't make it up. we have a party booked in hbg that night and we really need the money we'll be making. got the cd-r of the ooba goobas alb and it's great!

good luck and i'll miss you, dudeman.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:13 am

yeah we are, nick. i would've liked to see your band too. you could just stay home?

We're staying home! It's funny, we were gonna miss a bunch of bands we wanted to see, so this is actually working out in a weird kinda way. We'll see ya soon! Do you know who you're playing with at Carabar? They never put up a damn calendar anywhere.

hmmm, we could probably see the Chicago show too, because we'll be on our way back from Milwaukee... NICK???
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 1:28 pm

Hey Rigid? you playing Mobile cuz that's where Keith Glass has been calling home? a shame you can't quite swing into GA... (poutity pout pout!)
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:10 pm

No NW dates?!? Booo!
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 8:11 pm

drive to sf and see 'em with HIV!
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 8:17 pm

HIV KILLS!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 9:56 pm

Do you know who you're playing with at Carabar? They never put up a damn calendar anywhere.

Cheater Slicks, I think. I think Tom had something to do with setting up the show.

I asked Ron one time if they had some calendar online & looked at me like I was nuts.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 10:34 am

Do you know who you're playing with at Carabar? They never put up a damn calendar anywhere.

Cheater Slicks, I think. I think Tom had something to do with setting up the show.

I asked Ron one time if they had some calendar online & looked at me like I was nuts.

Oh, sweet. I think Ron refuses to put up a calendar at this point just because it bugs everyone so much that he doesn't do it.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 12:00 pm

drive to sf and see 'em with HIV!

I don't think HankIV is playing that show since they got picked up by Mission O' Burma to open all over the place
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:04 pm

I don't think HankIV is playing that show since they got picked up by Mission O' Burma to open all over the place

sorry, um, austrian dudes. we had a thing come up and shit...um, have a good show.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 4:22 pm

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 7:53 pm

The Carabar show is with The Alwood Sisters. Tom set up the show (thanks man!), but unfortunately Cheater Slicks couldn't make it. Only a couple of sleeps to the SF show. Hopefully Rigid has got rid of his flu by then.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 7:55 pm

Hey cococomas, that is one almighty sick poster! Can I please grab a printed version off ya in Chaicago?
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 7:56 pm

Chaicago? Sounds like some hippie version. CHICAGO.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 9:24 pm

Hank IV is playing at the hemlock show in SF. They're playing under a fake name, which I didn't understand why until I saw this. They must be playing somewhere big with Mission of Burma and they don't wanna fuck things up. The fake name they're going as is Rubber Vomit And The Invisible Dog Leashes.
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 9:52 am

The Invisible Dog Leashes.

i've always wanted one of those.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:15 pm

damn i forgot about this thread! we're in SF now, ubu has disappeared.

you playing Mobile cuz that's where Keith Glass has been calling home? a shame you can't quite swing into GA... (poutity pout pout!)

nah, because we wanted to see the hibachi stranglers. i think keith is going to come along though. we tried to set something up in athens, just couldn't swing it. no mates.

If you need a place to hang between the Milwaukee & Columbus shows, lemme know.

will give you a yell soon mullett!

sorry ya can't make it joe! i got a bunch of great pre-nyc alberto stories i'm gonna hafta tell someone else!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:26 pm

rigid email me some time, wondering about a couple things, i'll send it out to y'all tonite
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 1:28 am | Edited by: eric o

what bruce wonders about:

why are australians so much better than other humans?
why can't you buy new christs records in the US?
why won't my aussie accent stick?
how hard is it to gain aussie citizenship?
how can i retrofit my toilet to flush the opposite way?
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am

no, where do you get one of those hats with the corks hanging off them
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:44 am

sorry ya can't make it joe! i got a bunch of great pre-nyc alberto stories i'm gonna hafta tell someone else!

he's already told me all kindsa onyas stories!
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 10:04 am

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Chicago tonight!!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm

chicago AGAIN tonight. 6:30....west side! rocks and blows! BYOB.
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 8:31 am

Please let Ooga Boogas know that Columbus does not have power right now. The club (Carabar) probably will not be open tonight (Sept. 17) for their show. I tried to contact them on Myspace, but I don't have much access to a computer right now...they might want to try to call the club, but the phones are down also most likely. If you see them and see this please let them know...thanks...Tom
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 9:38 am

just sent an email to rich.
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 11:34 am

got the note, thanks tom. i'll check it out. we're at mullett's place in columbus. if there's no gig, it's worth it for that alone!
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Show is on, we just talked to Ron at Carabar!! Fey Gods are playing now, too. $1 coney night!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Their work in Columbus will never be forgotten.
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 4:18 pm

No Sleep Til Brooklyn!
(actually i'll probably take a nap and then head over to Brooklyn -- looking forward to hearing some primo alberto stories)
Party!
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 4:34 am

OOGA!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®