Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 3:08 pm

The Bummer is...

in the BC's parking lot (SE 25th and Powell):

3:00-7:00ppm
Burnside Billionaires, Claptrap&Crimetime, Mean Jeans, Headliners, BBQ (the food, not the dude) and beers.

Twilight cafe (SE 15th and Powell):

7:00pm -?
Muddy River Nightmare band, Bugs,
Therapists, Cafeteria Dance Fever,
Eegos, Paper Dolls,
Shannon and the Clams,
Howie/Hotknives,
Pity Fucks.

Damn right.
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm

THEE HEADLINERS can't wait!!!!
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Whoooooo!
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 9:51 pm

super major mega party
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 9:55 pm

how am i going to possibly stay up to play last?
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 9:57 pm

some of our people know some people..
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Who is going to play my woodwind? Takers?
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 11:13 pm

taker!

i love picnics!
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 1:54 am

Ha ha....Paul Lynde...motherfucking superhero....
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 10:20 pm

SHANNON AND THE CLAMS
R O O L E ! ! !
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 12:56 pm

All right! So the ancient dark forces behind the OLCC have granted us a full bar in the parking lot along with a keg and we no longer have to sit down with booze (because until yesterday we were going to have to)so bring your drinking shoes.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 2:48 pm

fuck yea! is this thing actually starting at 3:30? dont you have a job jon?
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah I won't be there till five or so. May cut the start back till four but that is pushing it with the stage schedule so we'll see.
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 6:36 pm

The Bummer is now...

in the BC's parking lot (SE 25th and Powell):

3:30-6:30 pm
Claptrap&Crimetime, Mean Jeans, Headliners, BBQ (the food, not the dude) and beers.

Twilight cafe (SE 15th and Powell):

7:00pm -?
Muddy River Nightmare band,
Bugs,
Therapists,
Cafeteria Dance Fever,
Reptilian Civilian,
Paper Dolls,
Eegos,
Shannon and the Clams,
Howie/Hotknives,
Pity Fucks.
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 12:59 pm

Reptilian Civilian
Eegos
Pity Fucks

get ready jewbacca
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Get ready liver..
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 2:35 pm

you know, this whole time i assumed that this was happening the following day on saturday. i guess i would have found out when i was standing alone in a parking lot listening to passing traffic... don't goners have jobs? damnsnazzlefrazzinlonghairhippies...
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 2:43 pm

I assumed the same thing. I have a job and will be missing the daytime festivities.
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 3:07 pm

The whole thing was booked around Ladies night coming through on the 25th and the Coolouts were going to play the day show too (and they have a bunch of "college" fans with the summer off). By the time Ladies night broke up the Saturday slots were fully filled, then the Coolouts cancelled to play the 4th so we'll see. I know a lot of people who can get off early or the day off totally. Last year the city did that whole slew of friday day shows that went pretty well so I know people can get the time off it's whether or not they do.
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 3:54 pm

i'm pretty sure we will be playing saturday.
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm

i'm pretty sure we will be playing saturday.
true to your name you'll take anything that's offered
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 4:24 pm

the real sad part is that i work for a calendar company and i still didn't know what day of the week the 25th lies on. wocka-wocka. maybe i'll call in sick with a case of pink eye.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 12:38 pm

If Dicknife can get the day off from the gay club anyone can make it
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 3:09 pm

will there be tequila?
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm

Yes ma'am
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 4:20 pm

tequila jell-o shots even-uh
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 8:45 pm

oh shit, i think we're gonna get wasted
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 9:55 pm

good bet..
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:41 pm

They must be wearing members only jackets in a friged hell today because the mercury wrote up a punk show (that isn't at the Hawthorne Theater)

Mercury:
"SUMMER BUMMER: THE PITY FUCKS, HOWIE & THE HOTKNIVES, CAFETERIA DANCE FEVER & MORE

(Twilight Café and Bar, 1420 SE Powell) In its essence, Cafeteria Dance Fever is a garage noise fest featuring the catchy pop-punk songwriting of lanky frontman Cain Hendricks. Standing firm, he strums his fuzzed-out guitar while singing monotone melodies about rotten hot dogs, ripping out eyeballs, and plague-infested rats. Meanwhile, brothers Tim and Mark Janchar (who, besides rocking out in CDF, founded local garage-pop label Hovercraft and curate venue/art space Worksound) fuse in feedback-pierced guitar riffs fueled by intense, pants-splitting high kicks and guitar mutilation that often ends in broken necks and splinters. They're just one of many acts taking part in the Summer Bummer event, which begins in the afternoon in the parking lot of BC's American Saloon (2433 SE Powell); at 6:30 pm, the Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers will lead a procession down SE Powell to the Twilight, where the Bummer continues. EB"

Willy Week

"Claptrap & Crimetime, Burnside Billionaires, The Mean Jeans, The Headliners, Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers, Muddy River Nightmare Band, The Bugs, Therapists, Cafeteria Dance Fever, The Eegos, Paper Dolls, Shannon and The Clams, Howie and the Hot Knifes, The Pity Fucks
[PUNK 'N' STUFF] A host of thrashy punk/garage bands you have and have not heard of unite for an all-day gig at the Twilight. Highlights include: the Mean Jeans, an accessible Portland punk outfit that unapologetically steals the Ramones formula; the Bugs, one of Stumptown's catchiest garage-rock bands; the massive Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers, which does exactly what its name suggests and makes March Fourth Marching band look like total pussies; and the Muddy River Nightmare Band, which also sounds just like its name: fast, bassy punk and drunk dudes who, given the choice, you'd rather not fuck with. CASEY JARMAN. 2:30 pm. Twilight Cafe & Bar, 1420 SE Powell Blvd., 232-3576. Free. 21+. Map"
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:44 pm

I wonder if anyone will cancel...that would make it a bummer

get someone shitty so we can play second
Deadeye will be entertaining us in place of the Limbs. England prevails

it 'was' Scotland prevails and thank hell it didn't.
we got an Akronite
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 2:48 pm

England prevails
V for Vendetta mofo

I wonder if anyone will cancel...that would make it a bummer
anti-show hoodoo voodoo?
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 3:50 pm

pre-show at the Brewers Fest, anyone?
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 4:11 pm

pre-show at the Brewers Fest, anyone?

no, that might be over-kill.

fuck, the whole thing is over-kill.

let's drink some tequila.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 4:54 pm

my job is making brewfest a mandatory meeting. starts in 5 min and I forgot my sandals!

heading there now.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 5:36 pm

no, that might be over-kill.

fuck, the whole thing is over-kill.

Get drunk tonight and tomorrow won't seem so unsane
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 6:26 pm

Get drunk tonight and tomorrow won't seem so unsane

about to work on that right now.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm

See you at the Vern. Moustasshole.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 1:44 pm

anti-show hoodoo voodoo?

nope i plan on going- just quoted a thread from a year ago by jon.

and it was scotland- that was our singer.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 2:39 pm

fuck jon
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Unfortunately i won't be able to attend this because i will be stuck on the other side of the Inter-Dimensional Portal in Earth 2. But that's OK because i know it's gonna RULE!
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:50 pm

my job is making brewfest a mandatory meeting. starts in 5 min and I forgot my sandals!

heading there now.

I had a splendid "lunch" there. Now I'm back at the grindstone for another couple of hours, which should put me around the time that the parking lot show is over. damn.
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 6:23 am

that totally ruled! so fun...thanks for putting it together, jon!!!
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 3:05 pm

boof
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Everybody killed yesterday. Well not everyone, just the bands and not literally murder but you know. Good show. Hangover is just beginning to slip away.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®