Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / June 7 - Tater Twats Cd Release show at the Young Ave. Deli
Posted: May 20, 2008 8:57 pm

C'mon out and see Joecephus and The George Jonestown and pick up the new ep. ( includes a live version of Happy Hour with Joe backed by Waylon Jenning's band) .. opening the show will be Clanky's Nub
Posted: May 22, 2008 11:52 am

NO THAT IS SOME redknek shit, and I am not interested. Not that there is anything wrong with rednek smoke grass-roots rock, but it is just not my thing. I thinka the deli should have someone who books more shows more often, otherwise it is going to loose it's rep. It's good to have bands that bring big crowds and stuff but don't forget the the little local bands and traveling bands that glue the whole future together for the industry. Lucero, Dinosaur JR., and Afroman aren't gonna live forever, unless they get embalmed and cryogenically frozen like the music scene that you have created lately. Just pay hank less money for smaller shows. He could just set up some vocal mics - then leave--THe band can use there instruments for a good room sound(like murphys and buccineer) GIve him $40 to do that and the door guy $40 on weekdays. Charge $5 at the door and let people in who just wanna drink and not see the band. And for god sakes get some door guys that aren't complete ass holes. If you have nice people hangin out front then people will want to come in. THey should at least know what the names of the bands that are playin and be able to describe them for people who are leary of coming in. Get some fucking class.
Posted: May 24, 2008 3:08 pm

I have no idea what u just said.
Posted: May 24, 2008 3:09 pm

NO THAT IS SOME redknek shit, and I am not interested. Not that there is anything wrong with rednek smoke grass-roots rock, but it is just not my thing. I thinka the deli should have someone who books more shows more often, otherwise it is going to loose it's rep. It's good to have bands that bring big crowds and stuff but don't forget the the little local bands and traveling bands that glue the whole future together for the industry. Lucero, Dinosaur JR., and Afroman aren't gonna live forever, unless they get embalmed and cryogenically frozen like the music scene that you have created lately. Just pay hank less money for smaller shows. He could just set up some vocal mics - then leave--THe band can use there instruments for a good room sound(like murphys and buccineer) GIve him $40 to do that and the door guy $40 on weekdays. Charge $5 at the door and let people in who just wanna drink and not see the band. And for god sakes get some door guys that aren't complete ass holes. If you have nice people hangin out front then people will want to come in. THey should at least know what the names of the bands that are playin and be able to describe them for people who are leary of coming in. Get some fucking class.
So does this mean u will not be at the show?
Posted: May 24, 2008 3:31 pm | Edited by: dick

I will come when you book a good show. I like the deli. I just miss the old deli shows that were cool.
Posted: May 25, 2008 2:30 am

lol, don't think we will miss u
Posted: May 31, 2008 5:50 pm

next sat..
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®