Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / show review Fums at The Sunset
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 11:31 am

no psoetrs = no attendance
fuck the internet
you gotta go analog if you want the locals to come out

15 people may have pated the $6 cover, I was one
missed Spency Dude

but the 2nd act, The Suspecions did some new tunes and announced the lead singer was preggers.

Dream Date sounded like some pop VU Lou Reed thing polished and they rocked, they covered a Cub 45, the song was familar but it's been a while since I played it (did play Wandering Lucy's tag on grunge, "Surley" last week) as I told Rainbow Songleaf, "either of those chicks would be a fun fuck".

Jessie kept going to the pisser and limping. I went in to tell him how much I dig the "Resevior" track from the new Duke and Duchess 7" and first asked if he had bladder problems, "nah, just drank lots of water today."
He mentioned that the new D&D lp is almost recorded, so look for that soon. The set was short and sweet, I called out for more Skandie xmas carols and a version of "Louie Louie" as the left the stage at midnight.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks for reminding me why I don't go out anymore.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 11:28 pm

Thanks for reminding me why I don't go out anymore.

thank god. i would HATE to have to be standing next to you listening to you bitch about every single thing that you don't like.
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 11:37 pm

You wouldn't be standing next to me, fag. I'd be in the V.I.P. section.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 5:13 am

Is this about the Fumes from Spokaine?

I love their brand of inland empire shlock
Dee rulez as frontman.

Long live Terry Grob and One Ton GUS (RIP)
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 6:32 am

"Long live Terry Grob..."

Agreed.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 11:59 am

Fumes
Fee Fi Fo Fumes
also
The Makers were the best Spokane has offered in the last 10 years
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't go out anymore
Harry Rag
or is that
Hairy Rag (The Kinks)
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 7:56 pm

it will always be sad that terry was unable to spend more time in portland. and gus was one of the nicest and best drummers ive ever shared a show with. gonna put on the first fireballs lp just to hear gates yell "spokane"
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 8:00 pm

and rich, what vip section would that be? i am imagining you, a lunachick, and a homeless dude that once played in the reverb motherfuckers sitting at a small table in the back waiting a long time for service...
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 10:14 pm

The Makers were the best

do tell

i almost thought they hung it up
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 10:40 pm

You wouldn't be standing next to me, fag. I'd be in the V.I.P. section.

as long as your old crotchity mouth isn't running next to me, that's fine.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 11:28 pm

i almost thought they hung it up

One would hope...
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 11:45 pm

How come you didn't mention your trip to the whorehouse after leaving the People's Pub? And how come you didn't envite me? Oh right, I'm too young. Preggers seems to be the new fad. What happened? No more free condoms? One of the many good things about Bob is that he doesn't bitch about the show untill it's over. Another reason the show wasn't well attended is because all these new-condo-livin' scenester kids don't like Rock&Roll music. I did enjoy the show; it felt like a private party. Hopefully those Spency Dudes and DreamDate didn't get stuck in the snow and get each other preggers. Quote of the night; "I hope I never get pregnant." R.S.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 7:55 pm

I'm too young
too cheap!
labor ready needs another cement hauler for all those half constructed super condos going up on Leary way..
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®