Posted: Oct 17, 2007 10:59 pm
This thread is awesome. 100% pure gold.
Brian, I'd love to see the end total for our show. I wasn't there to settle, so I don't know how it all worked out. Also, your email kinda threw me off. I wasn't sure why you were asking about our experience, cause usually no one takes that kind of interest. But in answer to the question, I do like it in the butt hole, but I heard you're married, and I'm not prepared to break up a marriage.
I'm also not all that concerned about money when I'm playing in town. I drive two miles to play a show. I'm not looking to feed the kids off it. Last night I gave almost 1/2 of our money to the touring band. We kept $30, which was about all we deserved.
And maybe I don't really understand how it all works. The explanation of the $65 PA rental thing went over my tiny head. I always assumed that if you're doing shows on a regular basis, that you buy a PA and don't rent one.
Also, if Ronny doesn't do things the way most people do, and it's dysfunctional, it sounds like shit deal, and I'm not sure I'd want to be in that situation if I was booking shows. I'm sure there are 100 other places that could be turned into another Ronny's, and those establishments would be happy to have people coming in to buy drinks, out of clean glasses.
But most importantly, don't question things. Especially in public, cause it leads to dissent, and we can't have that. Just go about your business.
Looking forward to getting a box of shit in the mail,
agreed! this thread is awesome, and I have been very upfront and transparent with things.
- i am married, i thought my email was funny, no? everyone likes a little anal?!?! no?
- no kids
- thanks for giving the touring band extra money
- all clubs rent sound systems and quote them in expenses before you get paid, Empty Bottle, Metro, The Note, Double Door, Beat Kitchen, Subt, Schubas etc, none of them own the sound system, you think Ronny is going to go and buy a sound system?
- we have our ups and downs with Ronnys, we are trying to improve the place and if things don't get better or don't make sense, we will move on, I would rather polish a turd than get a paycheck from a bar owner no it all.
- I don't have a problem with questions, I just wish sometimes before questioning things people would try to understand what they are questioning, once you understand something feel free to shit talk and better yet, start doing your own shows, I am a big supporter of bands doing shit themselves.
- my only problem is when you called me a jackass and say I fuck people over when that is obviously not the case, but makes for fun shit talk, yes?
seriously, how was the Ronny's show?
no box of shit on the way, not my style, but I will take your band myspace out of our top 24 at www.myspace.com/mpshows
gotta go drop the kids off at the pool, see ya.