Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Crime at Amoeba in SF tomorrow (Friday)
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Crime playing tomorrow night at 7 pm:

Crime at Amoeba
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 8:51 am

Fukkin' awesome. Sorry I can not attend.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 4:29 pm

man, fuckin' band practice!! i HELLA wanted to go to this.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 5:38 pm

Strike and Rank are back with a fascinating new line-up for Crime and a new full-length album

new crime album? my breath is not bated
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Mike Lucas on bass
Brett Stillo on guitar

That sounds frickin' COOL to me! I look forward to it!
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 10:12 am

Ricky Williams has passed, Frankie Fix has passed... I don't care, though. I would love to hear Johnny Strike play "Feel The Beat" anytime, anywhere.
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 10:41 pm

how wuz it?
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 6:26 am

I'm here in SF and it's saturday...Damn. Are they playing again this weekend or anytime before wed. night?
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 6:25 pm

They did about a 30 minute set and sounded good. I would say it was the best sounding "reunion" show I've heard. They were dressed in the cop vests and started the set with Johnny reading some lines from the book he wrote. I would say they did about half new songs and half older stuff (Hotwire my heart I remember).

I picked up the new record and had Hank and Johnny sign it. I asked Johnny how many times they had played since the 70's, and he said they did an unannounced show at Thee Parkside a few years back and also played a festival in Spain a couple years ago. This was the first show with this lineup (guy from the Flakes on guitar).

Arm, it didn't look like they had anything else lined up anytime in the near future. I thought it was sort of weird that they just did this one in-store and don't have any proper shows lined up, but that looks like the case.
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 9:21 pm

They're doing a show in November (private party) and then perhaps an LA show in February... working on it.
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 4:20 am

It was pretty good. Nice and short. I got my moneys worth. Brett was an awesome addition. The new songs blended in pretty well.

I would say it was the best sounding "reunion" show I've heard

You need to see some more reunion shows. Go see the Real Kids in a month.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:12 am

Real Kids? Talk about terrible "reunion" bands.....
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:17 am

Real Kids are pretty hit or miss. I've seen them do amazing shows and I've also walked out half-way through because it was so bad.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:38 am

yeah, i think they played one good show....when i still lived in SF, it was their first show back i think...they played the cocodrie. it was GREAT. every other time, even when we played with them, it was terrible. I was embarrassed for them. Like when they played red hook and everyone was out back eating hot dogs while they were on stage....
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Real Kids? Talk about terrible "reunion" bands.....

ugh, The Real Kids are the fucking worst!
Hey anyone remember the show at the Garage in LA in 2000??

horrid
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 8:38 pm

yeah, i think they played one good show....when i still lived in SF, it was their first show back i think...they played the cocodrie. it was GREAT.
That was a great show indeed. Did they do two sets or something? I seem to remember Bruce Roehrs sneaking off at some point to see The Hellacopters or something the same night.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 9:48 pm

sigh, Bruce Roehrs...
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 9:54 pm

I don't know, I heard the Real Kids on that WFMU Norton 20th anniversary show and they sounded pretty good to me. (The best part though was when John Felice said "Was that really Question Mahk?")
hookorcrook
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 11:10 pm

even when we played with them,

even when YOU played with them?!
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 4:36 am

Yeah, I brought the hellacopters to that show! Everyone was bummed they were playing that same night, but it turned out to be a blast.
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Cocodrie RIP

who was at the first burlesque revival show there? that was off the hook. first & last time for REAL strippers...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®