Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / THEE BILLY CHILDISH - ATL - Labor Day weekend
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 7:30 pm | Edited by: grrtch

No lie... Childish is making his first trip to the Deep South, making four, maybe five appearances in Decatur and Atlanta. Thank the Vinson Gallery and the Decatur Book Festival for making it happen. now, here's the dish....

"Thee Billy Childish Show", an exhibition of paintings & prints @ the Vinson Gallery Aug 31st - Sep 23rd.

Thu August 30th - 6-9 p.m. - "Thee Billy Childish Show", private view & artist reception
Vinson Gallery, 119 East Court Square, Decatur, GA
invitation only, but a ticket for Friday scores a spot on the guest list

Fri August 31st - "I am the Billy Childish", poetry reading & solo blues performance
$20 advance, $25 door ($2.50 service charge will be added for advance credit card orders)
Vinson Gallery Stage of the AJC Decatur Book Festival (Eddie's Attic)
127 East Court Square
email [url=art@vinsongallery.com]art@vinsongallery.com[/url]
Don't wait, this event will sell out.

Sat September 1st -
- 3 p.m. - reading and performance
free & open to the public
Vinson Gallery Stage of the AJC Decatur Book Festival (Eddie's Attic)
[url=www.decaturbookfestival.com]www.decaturbookfestival.com[/url]

- 6 p.m. - in-store performance, Criminal Records in L5P
[url=www.criminalrecords.com]www.criminalrecords.com[/url]

- 9:30 p.m. - "surprise" appearance and read
National Poetry Slam
Java Monkey
205 E Ponce De Leon Ave, Decatur, GA
[url+http://myspace.com/javamonkeymusic]http://myspace.com/javamonkeym usic[/url]

The gallery also has spiffy posters done up by Hatch Show Print for $10... see for yourself.

...and if ya get a chance to take a peek at this month's Stomp and Stammer, some chippie scribbled a yarn about our man Childish... From Atlanta he travels west to Phoenix and San Fran before heading home, so if ya have a hankering, don't snooze.

(edit: oops, all the links are toast... sorry kids...)
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 7:56 pm

you guys are stoked, brah!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 2:32 am | Edited by: grrtch

yeh babe, don't ya know it! so much stuff going on, it's like he's making up for lost time...

btw, tried fixing the links but my window timed out... rats.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 7:09 pm

CANCELED...
like a stab in the heart, this arrived today...

I'm terribly sorry to pass on this news from Billy's wife. I'm completely gutted as I'm sure you are.
The art show is still on, but Billy won't be here. Hopefully we can reschedule his gig and we'll keep you posted. We will refund your ticket money shortly.

On behalf of Billy, I apologize for the disappointment.

all best,

Shawn Vinson
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®