Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / HARLAN T BOBO Record Release Sat 7-21 HiTone
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 4:35 am

I strongly urge you not to miss this. There will be two sets. Two big, wild, highly entertaining sets. The cover of the Memphis Flyer sets the stage.
Also, the new record is not disappointing, as Chris Davis suggests. Its far beyond the first.
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 3:14 am

Also highly recommended pre-show gig at Murphy's:
Elizabeth Sharp aka Ill Ease (one woman band from Brooklyn)
with Brad Postlethwaite and Kaiser Cartel.
They're startin it 8-ish and then sauntering over to the HiTone.
C ya there . . .
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 8:20 pm

Agreed, Chris Davis couldnt be more wrong in his article. Heard the new Harlan record on radio last week and its as good if not better than the first one.
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm bringing the wax tonight. As requested by Harlan, I'll be playing some mellow "afternoon rock" steez to start the night out, then I'll step it up a bit inbetween sets, then finally at the end of the night...I'll play what Mr. Bobo refered to as "ass-shakers!" See ya there.
Posted: Jul 22, 2007 10:50 am

holy shit! what a show! firemarshals?!? stilts! monkeys! i'm still trying to process it all...
Posted: Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

hey, don't forget the deerhead and the shadow puppets. . .
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 8:49 pm

It was awesome. Thanks everyone for coming out! Thanks Harlan for putting it all together. That stage was insane. The show was amazing! The record is fantastic!! What a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 9:28 pm

If I've ever played a more far-out show I don't remember it. Thanks, everybody!
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 9:43 pm

I took a bunch of videos and they sound great. I'll post a couple soon.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 6:40 am

If I've ever played a more far-out show I don't remember it. Thanks, everybody!

Totally
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 2:30 am

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 5:19 pm

it was awesome and Harlan signed a clown for me!!!
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 6:50 pm

Harlan signed a clown for me!!!

that one that you stole after harlan told you that stuff came from out of his house? that's real cool.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®