Wed March 21, 7.30pm - Crash Mansion , NYC
Tickets $10 on door - www.crashmansion.com
WOMAN
BEASTS OF BOURBON
DALLAS CRANE
GROUND COMPONENTS
MINK
DEJA VOODOO

Their Aussie publicist tells me there's plenty of room for names on the door so if you wanna go, emailjohanna@gmail.com
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 8:45 pm

Fuckin playin a show that night. Damn.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 1:23 am

they're playing again 2 nights later in Brooklyn
03/23/2007 08:00 PM - Union Pool, Brooklyn, New York - $10
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 8:37 am

That's awesome! I don't know if I got the time to squeeze in a trip to NYC or not. Still, Beasts are beasts.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 3:05 pm

I just emailed for guest list tix. hope it works!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 4:25 am

Lemme know if there's a prob, Joe. And send me that CD ya clown!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:12 pm

I ain't heard back from her yet. I hope I do!

Sorry Rich, I'm on it!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:36 pm

hey're playing again 2 nights later in Brooklyn
03/23/2007 08:00 PM - Union Pool, Brooklyn, New York - $10

Oh, rad! We's recordin that day, but should be done in enough time.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 9:41 pm

They're playing here 4-5 times in the next three days for south-by. I'm gonna go as many times as possible.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 6:25 pm

They were awesome yesterday.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 6:45 pm

Just saw them play in Austin at 11:30 this morning.
Awesome.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 5:42 pm

yeah they killed here in L.A.

rockin show!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 8:25 pm

This is making me so incredibly upset, I can't even describe. I hate not living in NY!!!!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 9:59 pm

Words cannot describe the show at Beerland last night. One of the best rock n' roll sets I have ever seen. Seriously. Unbelievable.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 8:41 am

Words cannot describe the show at Beerland last night. One of the best rock n' roll sets I have ever seen. Seriously. Unbelievable.

Agreed....it almost made up for the fact that I was deathly ill for days and basically missed everything else save for Thurston Moore and Steve Shelley doing an instore at End of an Ear on Saturday afternoon....I've got some great pics, will put up a link to them soon.....
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 6:17 am

I'm kinda surprised but glad to hear they were so good. I've seen 'em a few times recently - it's always at festivals or in front of 1000 people - and the band are on but Tex kinda sleepwalks through it. Maybe spending the last decade on a farm hasn't mellowed him out for good.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 9:33 pm

Go......go........go....
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 9:37 pm

Maybe spending the last decade on a farm hasn't mellowed him out for good.

he was screaming at the drummer for missing his cues, which was, apparently one of the many waves of his arms, don't think he's mellowed.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Of course, if you saw them back in their "heyday" or whatever then maybe you'll think it doesn't compare, but for us yanks who've never seen 'em at all it was quite impressive. Maybe the change of scenery did 'em some good, or playing in a tiny-ass club where the dumbasses are right up in your face brings out the rock more than the outdoor stage with barricade and audience 10 feet away...
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 4:41 pm

They were awesome again last night...unfortunately I go there too early and had to sit through 3 awful bands....
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 6:20 pm

I have waited years for this and of course, I am completely unable to make it. If anyone can maybe post a good review, or some pictures, or a set list, it would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 7:12 pm

I'm not good at reviews, but here's my take on the show....it was less drunken and more focused than the Beerland show, both good and bad...the sound was pretty good, maybe a little heavy on the low end...I think the sound was better by a little at Beerland....musically they were all amazing, especially Charlie Owen on guitar...Tex seemed really into it, which is one of the complaints I've read at times....highlights include "I don't care about nothing anymore", "chase the dragon", "little animals" couldn't give you a complete setlist, although they didn't play "ride on"
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Another note...they are touring without their drummer, who couldn't get out of Down Under supposedly due to drug charges....their sound guy/roadie has been playing drums and he's been great....another highlight was "Thanks"...can't wait for the new record, not sure when it's out...playing Friday again at Union Pool....
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Are they really playing at Motor City tonight? Or are they just like DJing or somehting?
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 8:02 pm

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 8:09 pm

According to Jahna they are...

Just re-posting what Jodi (lovely gal & bartender at Motor City) posted on myspace.

She said:

"Beasts of Bourbon & The Devinyls @ Motor City Tonight! FREE!
Remember them? It's gonna rock so you better be there at 8pm on Thurs. March 22nd! These people came all the way from Australia, so you can at least come to Motor City!

I'm promised that Psycho will be played!

Happy Hour from 4-7pm

127 Ludlow St.
Bet. Rivington & Delancey

Jukebox Jodi"
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks. I have to admit...I thought this would make me feel better, but it's making it worse! ENJOY!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 12:29 am

Thanks. I have to admit...I thought this would make me feel better, but it's making it worse! ENJOY!!!!!!!
solidarity
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:09 am

just got this from Jodi:

"Spencer is in the hospital so we are sad to say that there will be no show this evening at Motor City. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is something beyond our control.

Jodi"
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 4:26 am

What about tomorry?
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 3:10 pm

"Spencer is in the hospital so we are sad to say that there will be no show this evening at Motor City. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is something beyond our control.

shit, anybody know what happened to him
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®