Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Play a show in Omaha, make some money
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 2:27 am

Seriously. I need to see some shows.

If anyone is going to be heading down to SXSW, hang a left and hit up Nebraska/Kansas on the way. There's a show I'm thinking about setting up on the 9th of March (fri night) that has a decent little guarantee and the possibility of awesome door money (depending on how awesome you are and if anyone in Omaha thinks you're cool).

Not only that but there are plenty of places to play on the way too/from that are starved for rock and roll - you'd be suprised;

Iowa City, Des Moines, Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, Lawrence, Kansas City, Columbia, St Louis - what a great short stretch from Chicago or down from Wisconsin!

Book with me, baby.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 4:43 pm

kearney, lincoln, lawrence! wow! that's the trail of tears of rockNroll!
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 6:30 pm

bite it funny boy
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 6:33 pm

Des Moines

When you are on tour, do you know what IOWA stands for?

I
Oughta
Went
Around
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Omaha is great!
play a show with:

The Terminals

The Shanks

or Brimstone Howl

guaranteed good time!!

and guaranteed party afterwards!

and Liz cooks!!!
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 7:21 pm

Gotta agree with the Des Moines comment, does anybody have a good time in Iowa? Book shows with Liz people! I mean, there is a person growing corn in their side yard half a block from their place. Jeepers.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 7:57 pm

The thing about Iowa is that people forget how to have fun once they turn 21. The Solution: house parties. Better solution: House parties that charge at the door and sell alcohol to minors and pay you $200 at the end of the night.

I miss the 1109 House.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 7:58 pm

And it's true. I do cook.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Gotta agree with the Des Moines comment, does anybody have a good time in Iowa?
Not for shows in the past 3-4 years. I lived in around DM for years in the 80's and 90's playing in bands. We used to have decent shows on a semi-regular basis, but the 2 main venues are all "nu-metal" and "indie" now. Iowa is a good eating state, though. When in the Quad Cities, go to the Filling Station in Davenport. They have a pork tenderloin sandwich that is the size of a frisbee.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 8:35 pm

guaranteed good time!!

and guaranteed party afterwards!

This is a true statement for Omaha. Any day of the week there is a show, there will be a party til the sun rises. That's worth door money right there.

Box Elders and Forbidden Tigers are other bands to play with in Omaha.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Seriously. You should play a show out there. If you're really lucky you'll get a chance to crash at queenofthe twists' compound,where you can play vintage video games in the basement,drink with the Chickens in the garage,and feed the Pirahnas in the fish tank in the dining room. Party!
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 9:29 pm

We played Davenport and made over a hundred dollars, plus we were fed, and the show was free, and nobody there even liked us anyway.
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 9:32 pm

We played Davenport and made over a hundred dollars, plus we were fed, and the show was free, and nobody there even liked us anyway.
What was the name of the venue?
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 12:43 am

playing des moines and omah, on feb. 9th and 10th, with some really cool bands--terminals, shanks, radio moscow, and forbidden tigers. this post makes me even more excited than i already am.

liz totally made all this happen. everyone should book through her. she's great!!
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 6:27 am

What was the name of the venue?

Theo's Java Club in Rock Island, IL (part of the Quad Ciites, which includes Davenport)
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 3:35 pm

it was cold
I got typhoid fever from some pale, opium chick
and
liz overcooked the bacon in the morning
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 7:34 pm

i cooked bacon? i dont remember that.
and even if I did, how do you know it wasn't MEANT to be burnted. Das how Elbis like it.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 12:58 am

now that i think about it...some of the burritos you made us were kind of cold/undercooked.
the pizza and tater tots were ok, from what i remember.
the spaghetti las time was damn good,
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Hey, in my defense I told you NOT to eat the frozen burritos. They weren't undercooked they were FROZEN. You guys are just gluttons.
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 6:56 pm

am not!
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 7:14 pm

are so
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 11:50 pm

Gotta agree with the Des Moines comment

indeed
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 12:22 am

excuse me. you're interrupting a very important argument.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:53 am

AM. NOT.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 3:53 am

stevie...

you are fat so therefore you eat or drink too much=glutten. unless you have a gland problem or something. umm..are you guys ever gonna get back to us about the sweet jamms?! it would be the best single in a long time.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 3:59 am

ohh and joe P. you are welcome anytime but we dont have chickens anymore. we got hungry. and bring the spits back wit'ya too.
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:06 pm

ARE
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 2:06 pm

SO
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 6:46 am

The Spits have to come back on their own. I'm trying to pimp a new band these days... MY OWN!

Garage Chickens R.I.- - BURRPP!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 4:43 pm

Seriously. I need to see some shows.

Go see Bright Eyes.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Conor and I haven't been talking since the Organic Oreos incident.
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 5:07 pm

I think I tried to play bright eyes on the jukebox when the barbaras played with brimstone howl in omaha. also tried to play a bright eyes song on my keyboard.

liz's tacos were good but in the morning she left without cooking breakfast. I will NOT be dealing with liz or lincoln again!
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 5:48 pm | Edited by: malaise

liz, do you wash your pillows or do we all share each other's drool? I also noticed when I woke up my pants were unzipped
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 6:31 pm

i don't wash my pillows (you can't wash feather pillows, tard) but i use about six pillow covers. regarding your best friend, jimmy, if i happened to wash your genitals while you were resting it was only my motherly instinct kicking in. no one likes dirty bawwls.

on the other hand, everyone likes dirty pillows aka 'fun bags'
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 5:32 am

too bad you didnt post this last year. We had a totally lame show in iowa city and a pretty half assed one in KC. In iowa city we played gabe's with a noise punk act that could only be matched in shittiness to the white farmer rappers who played after them. they actually rapped about tractors.

in 2005 we played saint louis for a "promoter" who was so incurious that he thought we were a track act and was shocked when we loaded in drums. he also didnt tell anyone. after the show he said: "wow, anyone could enjoy that"

Denver on the other hand, kicked ass.
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 2:54 pm

hm well, better late than never. It is too bad. We love us some dirty.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®