Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Shangri-La Records 2006 Christmas Party
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 9:48 pm

Saturday December 9th at the Hi-Tone...

Shangri-La Records Christmas Party

Featuring soul legend... HARVEY SCALES w/ THE CHECKMATES!!!!!!!!
(If you missed them at Stax, this is your second chance!)
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/BuckWilders/harvey029.jpg

Buck Wilders & The Hook-Up on the wheels of steel!

$6.00 entry fee or $5.00 with a can good for the Memphis Food Bank!

Harvey is amazing! DON'T MISS THIS!!!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 8:57 pm

Posted: Nov 27, 2006 9:51 pm

milwaukee represent!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 10:09 pm

america's worst record store from what i'm told.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 10:53 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

just because your crap ass records never sold in this store (funny that Pussy Galore and Jon Spencer records flew out of here) dont bring your bullshit to this thread, asshole. Your shitty shitty shitty Caroline release sat in our cutout bins for fucking EVER, in fact it went unsold when it was priced at 25 fucking cents. Seriously. It only sold because someone offered to buy all the CDs we had in our cheap bins, and I am sure it became a coaster...

When are you gonna you gonna save 50 bucks from blowin' trannies and buy a bus ticket to Memphis Diggler? Please come down here and show us whats cool...please? I so want to be learned what is so cool about you and well, everything.

I know your post was bait for this kind of response, but you are such a worthless, talentless, name dropping cockbreathed asshole...go die.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 10:58 pm | Edited by: d diggler

an you're a loser who works in america's shittiest record store. i guess the tens of thousands of people who bought my records had the good sense to go somewhere cool to buy my records like the goner store. i'd tell you to go die yourself, loser, but you're already dead.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:07 pm

wow...what a response. Tens of thousands huh? wow, that equals to about what, literally 10 to 12 thousand in royalities over the last decade or so?...WOW, IMPRESSIVE. Wait, stop the presses..we gotta retype the footnotes to 90s American punk rock(what an impressive era)

Anybody can make a few underwhelming records and name drop people much more important and impressive than they are...so just go back to doing that, ok diggster?
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:09 pm | Edited by: sherman

Hey, One Cent! Whassup?

The King of the One Cent cd sale at amazon has time to post here! We're honored!
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:14 pm

well, actually the real money i've made over the past few years have been in reissues of my back catalog (an a live alb). i got so much advance money on the original releases i could never make it back in royalties. but i guarantee i made more money reissuin 2 recs than your store has made profits over the same time, loser. an no need to rewrite 90's american punk, i already did that (look up the action swingers anywhere like the trouser press guide or whatever. we're right there at the beginnin.) an just cause you think they were underwhelmin don't mean shit. you're just a clerk at america's lamest record store. now, be a good boy an go sweep up before closin, loser.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Keep us posted on your "career," One Cent. Sounds fascinating. Please don't let us interrupt the progress of your next mind-blowing project by having you type on this board. Your art is far too important to have it brought down to the level of having to explain why no one wants to buy it.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:23 pm

sheesh, sherm, i thought i made it clear that the problem lies w/ your lame store an not w/ the records themselves. the goner store has no problem blowin outta action swingers stuff...
maybe you losers should spend more time findin some cool records to surround the action swingers cut-out you have an then maybe you would have more success. wait, scratch that, i don't really think there's anything you can do at this point. your lameness is legendary.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:24 pm

wow, you are at the beginning of the Trouser Press record guide...maybe because your name starts with "A". You should of called your band Aardvark, or perhaps with a number that begins with one, then you coulda been the veryfirst!

dont need to sweep, we have fancy-pants wall-to-wall carpeting I can rest my feet on while I sell $500 soul 45s....

For someone who is supposedly so secure and sure of himself in his place of importance in punk rock and financial matters, you sure are defensive, you retort back very quickly WITH THE SAME BULLSHIT YOU ALWAYS SAY.
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:27 pm

i have a feelin you losers are gonna feel lonlier than that action swingers cut-out at your "x-mas party."
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:33 pm

that "feelin'" is either junk sickness or the clap you got from that tranny down in the bowery
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 11:36 pm

your mom has the clap???
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 12:23 am

wow, Mom jokes, and even about mine, who has passed away. You are a class fuckin' act.

come down to Memphis, you have some dumb band now, right? take em on tour...you might be able to make gas money to Memphis. Maybe. Maybe if you drop names of people who have been in your bands perhaps. Just be sure you put "featuring a guy who was in bands with yada yada yada" That should draw them in. Ya think there is any more mileage in Bob Bert's, or maybe Julia's name?

Come on down to Memphis Ned.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 2:26 am

dirk you must be tired of yourself by now. seriously. these guys are posting on here about a show they're putting on with Harvey Scales- which, by the way, we all appreciate them for doing- and all you can do is spew your retarded, bitter poison all over the thread that has NOTHING to do with you?
Most people I know who are as successful as you claim to be are not bitter or angry like you- so, what's up with that?
You are the reason this board is hardly read by a lot of the old "goners" anymore. it's just stupid and lame. and I blame you. so shut the fuck up, and please let us have our old forum back.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 2:41 am

you can't have your old forum back becasue times have changed. an it isn;'t about me. the old goners are old an gone for a reason. when i layed out for three weeks nobody even posted on here same as when i started postin. it was dead. i brought it back to life. you're free to write whatever you want too. if you check i only post on a few threads. it's really not that bad. sorry you don't like it.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 7:25 am

Ned, seriously, what are you working on right now? What project is on the horizon? I'm genuinely curious. Certainly you have something topical going on to support all of this gusto? Shangri-La Records is a store that happens to be open every day. Operating. Every. Day. Selling records, putting on X-Mas parties and instore performances. They may not be selling mediocre albums by a pathetic throwback that wears a watch that stopped in 1993, but they're doing something every day. You do something productive every day, right? What is it? I'd like to know what Ned fills his days with. What creative outlet are you sacrificing your hours to? I'm not saying one doesn't exist; I just want to know what it is. Enlighten me. Enlighten me in between accusations of homosexuality, and try to construct a post that won't have me fishing out my Illiteracy Decoder Key. Action Swinger reunion shows with some other group of forgotten, knuckle-dragging dirtbags don't count. Certainly there's something else.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 7:30 am

...and maybe this will help....

you can't have your old forum back becasue (1) times have changed. an it isn;'t(2) about me. the old goners are old an(3) gone for a reason. when i layed(4) out for three weeks nobody even posted on here same as when i started postin(5). it was dead. i brought it back to life. you're free to write whatever you want too(6). if you check i only post on a few threads. it's really not that bad. sorry you don't like it.

1. because
2. isn't
3. and
4. laid
5. posting
6. to
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 9:26 am

Oh come on Andy there are way more things to rip on him about than spelling...Maybe like the fact that his hair looks likes Jimmy Pages nut sack for starters..?
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 2:29 pm

It was late. I was tired.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 2:31 pm

Should we pool for a bus ticket? Probably not. What if he STAYED down here?
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 2:33 pm

it was late. i was tired.

gay.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:03 pm

Diggler you are scared to come to Memphis with all the shit talking about folks down here. You are just plain scared. You know if you stepped foot in this town and were pointed out(well, you would have to be pointed out, being so insignificant, who the fuck knows what you look like..oh yeah, Jay said you had Jimmy Page's testicle hair on your head...we have one clue) your teeth would be knocked down your throat, and hopefully someone would break your thumbs, so your shit guitar playing wouldnt be heard again and your hand job career would be over. So just keep posting your little rants, your little self righteous soapbox soliloquies, because that is ALL you will ever do to "prove" your worth to the folks on this board. You are chickenshit.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:32 pm

an you're a loser who works in america's biggest joke of a record store. no fag who works in a record store could ever kick my ass. but keep dreamin.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:44 pm

youre chicken, youre scared....cluck cluck *making chicken wing movements*

No washed up, beyond mediocre, "punk" rocker could even connect me with their limp wristed, pre-pubescent girl-like swing of a punch. I bet you fight like 8 year old girl.

chickenshit.

cluck cluck.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:49 pm

you got a big mouth record boy. maybe i'll have my friend ken come over an close it for you. then you can't talk shit about my good buddy robin's band anymore, fag.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:49 pm

making chicken wing movements*

Like this?
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:56 pm

hey diggler...shut the fuck up and go away, OK?

you started this shit asshole

bye bye sweetie
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:58 pm

i knew that would shut you up. don't fuck w/ diggler.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:58 pm

making chicken wing movements*

Like this?

exactly like St. Rufus

hey everybody!

Harvey Scales next weekend! The master who brought us the "The Get Down" "The Yolk" "The Broadway Freeze" will be playing live and in the flesh for your dancing and drinking pleasure!

Come on out!
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 4:59 pm

don't fuck w/ diggler

almost as funny as Jay's nutsack comment, but not quite...shit cant you do anything top shelf? didnt think so.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Harvey Scales next weekend! The master who brought us the "The Get Down" "The Yolk" "The Broadway Freeze"

I'm boycotting this show cuz you're the second person in the last two months I've come across who's not given' proper respect to his best song "Love-itis." That shit is the jam!
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 5:24 pm

that song does rule.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 5:36 pm

yes, yes it does...i shouldnt have left it out...nor "funky football"...my bad. I even play that one out more than all the others, mea culpa mea culpa.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 5:41 pm

"Love-itis" = MASSIVE SOUND.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 6:42 pm

there wouldn't have been a gay jay retard w/out me first. my bad.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 8:32 pm

i wish people would stop threatening to beat each other up over the internet. it takes this silly passing of time into sad sad sad. it makes for a little laugh, but that laugh is sad.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 8:52 pm

there wouldn't have been a gay jay retard w/out me first. my bad.

Who the fuck is Jay RETARD ?
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 9:16 pm

Who the fuck is Jay RETARD ?

man i don't know. but maybe ned wrote that thing on the women's bathroom wall at the buccaneer saying that jay RETARD is hot and that he is their stepson and they love him. hahah. he's suspect now.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 9:47 pm

don't worry, dangerous pinkie it's only crazy jenna an some spastic record collector fag doin the threatenin. i'm a bad ass. i can handle myself. when me an ken go pay shangri-lame a visit they'll all eat their words. but i agree it is sad. sad an pathetic. but in all fairness it must be pretty hard on these losers playin second fiddle to goner alla the time.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:20 pm

dude....just shut the fuck up ok? I make no secrets where I am during the day and when and where my DJ gigs are...no one is running and hiding from your dumb ass. You started all this shit in this thread, no one chases you to hurl insults at ya...you bring this shit on yourself. You can handle yourself you say, but not fans of rock music, if you did you would still have a career, you would still be making records and playing shows...but you dont, you are washed up, finished...youre done Ned, its all over for you...the days of playing packed houses of 40 to 50 people and making 70 bucks in merch are through, its in the past. Forget about it. Everyone else has.

Say what you want in the rest of this thread, I wont respond...I have the last word...what ever words you can hunt and peck out of your drool covered keyboard dont matter, because I am finished arguing with your dumb ass. I know you will repsond, but I wont. So, its over. You sad, sad little man.

Go fuck off.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:29 pm

that's funny. i fuckin walked away from record an publishin deals for more money than you'll prob ever have in your sad wretched existence. if you knew what you were talkin about it might be funny but you are so fuckin outta touch siitn in yer shitty record store all day every day w/ yer head stuck up your ass. you are a record store clerk, loser. i'm a famous rock star. i'm on top. you're on the bottom. nobody ever flew you around the world to play rock an roll. hell, they don't even shop at your lame store, they go to goner. so calm the fuck down an try to sell your promos an eke out a paltry "livin" sellin records. i'm laughin at you, clerk. an it's fuckin over when i say it's over, fag. an it ain't over. the wrong numbers rule!!!
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:48 pm

i'm a famous rock star.
the wrong numbers rule!!!

get me some really good drugs, gorilla!
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 11:27 pm

In 9th grade health class, Mr. Walker tried to explain One Cent. He told us what a "delusional" personality was. Now we know what one is, thanks to One Cent.

Music fans should be pissed at One Cent because his band causes cds to be so expensive. While bands like his are important cogs in the cut-out industry for distributors like Off Beat, Scorpio, & Campus and his records provide huge keystone-like mark-up for stores willing to take chances on unsellable artists like his, the not so well-kept secret in the music biz is that a few artists create most of the sales that make up for losers that stiff like his band. Record labels have to charge outrageous prices for cds that do sell to make up for tax writeoffs like his band. U2, Madonna, Pavement, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc. sell while bands like his lose money for the record label.

In One Cent's case, he owes his recording career to the success of the Smashing Pumpkins. Some giddy, power-driven "a&r" dumbass probably read some fanzine dork like Factsheet 5 (!) or Unsupervised Existence review a 7" on One Cent's band and then probably a N.Y. Press review of some show in an art gallery attended by 5 people that was supposedly hip (written by a friend of Sonic Youth). Next thing you know, Caroline is cutting another check for another shitty record that will make it to cut-out bin status forever!

One Cent, your band is one that never quite made it past the "yeah, I've heard of them" like 50 other bands from the early '90s on Caroline. Except for the fact that you have been a terminal asshole on this board for the last 6 months, I and most of the people reading this would have never heard of you. It's not over because it never started.

Now, beg your old lady for some bus money and come on down south where the n.y. hype doesn't work. We'll show you some real music. You're on the pest list for the xmas party. If you don't come, we'll definitely be thinking about you cuz we have a pinata with your face on it. $1 a whack goes to the St. Jude Delusional garage rocker fund.

Now get off the computer and get back to writing thank you notes to Jimmy Chamberlain and Billy Corgan cuz if it weren't for those guys, then you wouldn't even have the opportunity to be the One Cent cd king.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 12:16 am | Edited by: d diggler

bwahahaha!!! things must be unsuprisinly slow over there at shangri-lame. we were kickin ass way before the smashin pumpkins ever showed up on the scene. an not surprisinly you don't know shit about the late 80's-mid 90's punk rock scene. we were pretty popular before the smashin pumpkins ever showed up, loser. our first single in 1989 sold out in five minutes. your pals over at the goner store are big fans of it as are most of their customers but you wouldn't know anything about that since only old men like yourselves come by to browse your dusty old promos and "$500 soul singles." it must really "bum your trip" that you'll always be an afterthought in memphis compared to the goners who are actually contibutin somethin to the scene as opposed to you fags who only cut down all the new bands in town. you are a fuckin laughin stock. we used to joke about your store at caroline when i ran the label. your $90 orders really helped a lot. thanks. maybe you guys should seriously consider closin the shop. i mean, you don't even know anything about rock an roll. your posts are an embarrassment to the goner board. but i guess you're used to bein the laughin stocks in town by now.if you ever went out maybe you'd hear zac blastin our kickass jams at the bucc but your mom probably makes you lock yourself in the basement by the time things get hoppin. anyway, i guess you guys should get back to dustin off your stock an vacuumin up the carpet. another day of starin at an empty register must be really satisfyin. goner rules!!! shangri-lame sucks.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 12:20 am | Edited by: elle

Posted: Nov 29, 2006 12:53 am

$1 a whack for the One Cent cd pinata. Party! Hee=Haw! You crack me up! Eric made those 90$ orders from Caroline!!!!! And they were always shipped with the wrong stuff! Now I know why!
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 1:01 am

we did it on purpose since it was a pain in the ass to ship your miniscule orders. figured you'd either get stuck w/ a buncha stuff you didn't want or you'd have to take the time to send it all back. who's laughin now, shangri-lame??? an i guess usin me to lure in the customers is as good a ploy as any other you could come up w/ since you don't have any records anybody wants to buy.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 1:22 am

Yeah, sorry, you're right. The Smashing Pumpkins weren't around during the time you guys were ruling the earth with your five minute single. They didn't start til like '89 or something.

Now let me get this straight, cuz I'm still laffin'! (Please don't sue me...) Someone let YOU run a label? That would explain why Caroline lost so much money & had to move their distribution center to Memphis. You have made it all crystal clear to me! Wow, whoa, that is scary and explains a lot about Caroline. Just for the record, when you mean "i ran the label," do you mean ran out to get everyone's sandwich or you actually signed bands like Velvet Monkey & Primus??? Out of curiousity, did you quit on top after Siamese Dream or are you still freelancing your a&r services to them? Earles asked what you'd been up to, but I guess you're too busy counting up your royalties from the Goner blow-out sale of One Cent cds. (As much as I love the Goner guys, I can't figure out why anyone would buy your records from them when they only cost a penny at amazon. I guess they don't want to fork over the shipping).
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 1:30 am

Dirk Diggler's age?
40-45

Dirk's Diggler's occupation?
Typing how much he thinks of himself and his old, shitty ass band on the Goner message board, trying to hold on to any life that he once may or may not have had.

Dirk Diggler's favorite word?
"fag"
(Repressed homosexual feelings can lead to serious anger over the years.) ***This concerns you Dirk. The name "Action Swingers" was an obvious giveaway. I'm suprised friends and family haven't tried to guide you out of the closet yet.

What is Dirk Diggler doing right now?
Drinking a tallboy in his mother's basement, listening to the Action Swingers, waiting for the mailman to bring him his $11 BMI check so he can continue to pay his internet bill or his "Goner Board Bill", and trying to think of more ways to use the words "fag" "lame" and "loser" in the same sentence.

I have never met this Dirk Diggler but the answers to the above questions have proven to be facts here on the Goner board. No matter what thread you click on, you can always count on Dirk to let you know how sad his situation is. Come on, HE IS CRYING OUT FOR HELP HERE PEOPLE!!! It's nothing to joke about! He actually thinks he "used" to be a rock star and thought his band was good. He clearly needs medical help. Let's start a Dirk Diggler's Meds fundraiser! If we actually sell the Action Swingers CD off the porch, I'll be sure and donate the quarter.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 1:35 am

hah!!! that's one place that has one cd for sale for one cent, you moron. goner actually has customers who buy new records unlike you losers. your store has been over for decades if it ever was anything to begin w/. yeah, primus only made the label about a million dollars (that's prob low ballin it, actually). an caroline only released the first pumpkins album you retard. they went on virgin after that an sold ten million recs. but i despised them personally because they were even bigger assholes than you losers an their music sucks shit (though we did play a buncha gigs w/ them in front of thousands of people). i get to sit home makin fun of fags like you all day because i was smart enough to actually make a fortune in the music business. unlike you. even when i license my stupid recs out to other labels i make thousands. get back to me when you can figure out how to make more than the minimum wage, shangri-lame.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 2:05 am

your store has been over for decades

Stores that are over don't stay open for decades. Nor do they have Harvey Scales play at their christmas party. Have you ever been to Shangri? Ever been to Goner?

If becoming a "rock star" means that you can make enough money to keep your internet on so you can retire and tell strangers how gay and lame they are over the internet...who would want to be a rock star? In the long run, is it even important how much money you made? I think people will remember your personallity and for what you did. You made some shitty records and are an asshole.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 2:16 am | Edited by: d diggler

who would wanna be a rock star???

my sentiments exactly. that's why i quit while i was ahead. i got a lot more important things to do w/ my life than travel around playin in shitty bars to losers like you. an in the end nobody will remember you because you're a nobody record store an i never even heard of harvey scales. i bet my records are a hell of a lot better than his. enjoy your empty x-mas party. enjoy your empty store. an enjoy your empty life, loser.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 2:37 am

i never even heard of harvey scales.

"Love-itis" = MASSIVE SOUND.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 2:52 am | Edited by: Joe Chopper

I know the record business diggler...I know you dont make shit, if you were to divide your publishing and licsensing by the number of years you have been at it, you have made less than minimum wage. Dont tell me otherwise. No dont say it, shut your fucking mouth. I am sure I have made more money from the soundtrack work I did for an anime feature and other films than the combined sales from your Action Shingles records...but were not tlaking about me...

The fact you dont know who Harvey Scales is proves you dont know a fucking thing about soul music. You dont know a goddamn thing. Not one thing. if you dont know soul music, then chances are you dont know anything about rock n roll. From listening to your records, you have a slight grasp of a couple Stooges records, and perhaps you heard the Necros once or twice...but aside from that you dont know a fucking thing..you suck.
dont get me started on your supposed Jazz knowledge...wow, you name drop Pharoah Sanders, the one "jazz" musician every dirtbag know nothing punk rocker name drops to somehow prove they have broad "taste". yeah also Sonny sharrock, another noisy ass jazz musician that punks have somehow adopted, you only like him because he is noisy, you dont a goddman thing about him or his music. No, shut it, you dont know a thing about him. I dont care if you met any particular people i am sure you are going to name drop and claim to be friends with. i dont care, well because you are a fuck and dont know anything.

If shangri-la is such a lame store, why do actual , real , rock stars shop there? Keep in mind, when I say rock stars, I mean real rock stars, not "stars" of your ilk. Thurston for example...but I digress, shangri-la is known the world over, it doesnt need my defending it against your misinformed petty rants...in fact, I was in Europe shopping for records this past spring and when I mentioned I was from Memphis, they asked me if I knew of Shangri-La....no one asked me if i knew of your dumb ass.

I know for a fact that the "clerk" you verbally abused knows more about music than you will ever know. And for the "empty" christmas party, have no fear it wont be empty...people dont call empty stores asking if folks like Tony Joe White and Howard Tate can play at their store. I know for a fact that they didnt solicit these artists, the artists came to them asking if they could play in their store.

I agree with the folks telling you to buy a bus ticket and come on down to Memphis. I dare you. Come show us how tough you are, I would love to see it.

I love the fact you put Goner's balls in your mouth every two sentences, then go on to say you have better things to do than play to "losers" in shitty bars" You know you just called Goner and their patrons losers with that statement dont you? maybe you dont, you seem to be functionally illiterate...wow, even YOU know that you couldnt graduate to the next level, you realize that you would still be playing shitty bars to "losers"...the people who buy your records. Wow, you are really appreciative of your fans Ned.

Dont say another goddman thing, you are a walking, syphlitic, pus-filled asshole. Your talent is questionable. You have proved you are a moron who can barely communicate in the English language...you are complete and total dipshit. Nobody cares about you. If you were to be kidnapped, tortured, and then killed, no one would care. In fact if that were to happen, this board would be a much enjoyable place. I pray for your demise.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 3:54 am

Stop !!! anyone still talking via the net to Mr Ned at this pointin this thread has no right to call anyone an idiot...
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 4:15 am

Howard Tate RULES!!!
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 4:53 am

this is becoming the best thread ever.

and Howard Tate DOES rule. I wish i could go see him sing...Memphis folks should not miss him - for sure.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 5:17 am

Your talent is questionable.

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. There's no question about it. Ned Hayden has no talent.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 3:21 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Howard Tate DOES rule.

That's like the 1st thing you and I ever emailed about.

Anybody got a spare copy of that single he did for Gene Chandler's (???) label? The one that goes "If you leave me, I'll go crazy- chicka bow wow!" ???
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 5:57 pm

thanks dirk you made joe chopper post an entire six paragraphs without anonymously insulting the secret service again!! dirk's the man! We're number 2!!! he=haw!
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 6:08 pm

Anybody got a spare copy of that single he did for Gene Chandler's (???) label? The one that goes "If you leave me, I'll go crazy- chicka bow wow!" ???

we might have one here at America's shittiest record store...and it is Lloyd Price's Turntable label, I'll check
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 6:13 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Lloyd Price's Turntable label

Yeah, that's it! Great lookin' label, too.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 7:19 pm

bazooka joe really is the biggest two-faced backstabber in the business. last night he was yuckin it up on the phone w/ me about what losers the shangri-lames are an now he's suckin up to em on the goner board. i believe his exact quote was "they sure grow em dumb down there. must be the product of the memphis public education system."
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 7:38 pm

Well they ARE dumb. SHEESH!

So dig this, I was just running an errand for work and I stopped at this antique store and dug through a box of HAMMERED 45's and found that HT single! HAHA! Plus a copy of Toussaint McCall's "Shimmy" and about 20 other 45's that look to be very rare and killer considering the labels and titles. I hafta go pick 'em up tomorrow cuz I ain't got no bread today.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 7:50 pm

Funny funny stuff....Joe.

Well, I am a product of private high school and a private Texas University...I have two degrees, worked in sports medicine for 10 years and decided life was too short to do work that although, well paying, wasnt something I wanted to get up to do everyday.

Now I sell records to real rock stars and DJ (not only here in town, but France, UK and other places)

dont worry Joe, we make fun of you also down here, especially since you are a DJ spinning reissues...reissues are for dorks who cant find real records.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 7:52 pm

HEE-HAW!

Also scored a vg+ copy of Ray Agee's "Real Real Love" this morning. ALRIGHT!
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:15 pm | Edited by: d diggler

oh an about the jazz thing, joe cocksucker, i guess you don't know that i produced an released a bunch of great 90's jazz recs (see the oxford book of jazz etc...) on my label audible hiss like the sunny murray/charles gayle illuminators an arthur doyle an the blue humans w/ beaver harris an stuff. in fact, sunny an i spent a lotta time together as i helped him relaunch his career. an enjoy that bad karma comin back around at ya.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:25 pm

reissues are for dorks who cant find real records.
Or people that just care about music..And don't give a shit about collector mentality..
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:34 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

well, there is no use Djing if you are just going to be playing stuff everyone has at home, or can make two clicks on a mouse and get a copy.

Yes, reissues are great for music fans at home..I have them, no doubt, I consider that I care about music...

but if you are going to DJ, which is essentially one's ego saying "I have some badass stuff that I think other people will go out of their way to a bar/club to come hear", you better have some stuff you have dug up and hasnt been heard too often before. If it has been reissued, chances are it is pretty well known...its not the "collector mentality" I am going for..its originality.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:36 pm

well, then you're failin miserably, loser.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:39 pm

I hope you werne't seriously saying that about me. I got SICK FUCKIN' REAL RECORDS!!! Believe that.

Not to mention one of my finds- a previously unknown killer from '60 now comped on Desperate 19. It's the 1st song. If you have it at the store, play it!

And just cuz something's been reisued I wouldn't count on more than a handful of people in your own area actually having it. I got a hundred people that come to my gigs every single time and I'm pretty sure only a few of 'em even have the comps that feature some of the 45's I spin.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:42 pm

i got a hundred people that come to my gigs every single time

okay, let's not get carried away here, fag. you're lucky if five show up. believe that.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:49 pm

had 347 paid at the door this particular night
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/thehookup/soulnight009.gif
believe that.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:52 pm

had 347 paid at the door this particular night
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/thehookup/soulnight009.gif
believe that.

did you read a word of what i wrote?
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:57 pm

just respondin' to the "failin' miserably" quote from your butt-buddy...forgot to hi-light.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 9:58 pm

dj fights!! crossfade duels!! attendance records!!!
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 10:21 pm

Vinyl Ritchie
Posted: Nov 28, 2006, 4:20 pm
I know you will repsond, but I wont. So, its over.

Vinyl Ritchie
Posted: Nov 29, 2006, 3:57 pm
just respondin' to the "failin' miserably" quote from your butt-buddy...forgot to hi-light.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 10:25 pm

what can I say....I fucked up.
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 10:34 pm

Gotcha. And just so you know... I'm the top!
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 1:58 am | Edited by: peepstemple

I love it DJ Wars... I think sometimes people really wanna hear something that they know and just not deep soul/funk track one after another.. That can get just as old as the DJ thats all man let me play 25 powerpop songs that no one here has ever heard...Just sayin it aint abiut provin something its about having a good time and helping others do the same .. right ?
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:05 am

if you are going to DJ, which is essentially one's ego saying "I have some badass stuff that I think other people will go out of their way to a bar/club to come hear", you better have some stuff you have dug up and hasnt been heard too often before.

Tom Lee the Manatee thought DJing was about playing good music that people enjoy listening/dancing to. Who cares if it's only existing copy of Toussaint McCall covering Kiss or if it's the Beatles soing I Want To Hold Your Hand. As long as it's the right song at that moment, play it. Tom Lee the Manatee thinks you all need to pull your head out of your asses.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:07 am

Wow! Tom Lee the Manatee can't believe he's saying this, but eveyone besides Gay Reatard needs to pull their head out of their ass. He's actually makin' sense.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:11 am

got a lot more important things to do w/ my life than travel around playin in shitty bars to losers like you.

LIKE LETTING MY WIFE SUPPORT ME WHILE I GET STONED AND SIT IN FRONT OF MY COMPUTER ALL DAY AND NIGHT. PARTY.

AND OH YEAH:

Fun Facts about Ned Hayden:

Ned says "I hate people who like Sonic Youth," but owes his career to a brief collaboration with the SY camp, which he milked for all it was worth. In fact, it's safe to say that Hayden would never have received any attention at all without this association. Why? Because everything and anything Ned has done is a pure rehash mixture of the Ramones and the Stooges, except nowhere near as good. And not to insult anyone (except Ned), but to be considered hard rocking in the art-rock milieu is like being considered the toughest guy in the Yeshiva. Anyone disagree so far?

Further, any claims Ned can make to being "old-school" or having "paid his dues" or suchlike is pure bullshit. It's doubtful that he has done more than 25 gigs in New York City in his ENTIRE CAREER AS AN ACTION SWINGER. Those who were alive and clubbing in the late '80s early '90s can attest to the fact that he NEVER earned a local following. Hard work of that sort (read: dues paying) was left to real bands of the era like the Devil Dogs. Disagreement on any facts here?

If memory serves, the Swingers did two 3-week tours overseas so, if they played every night (yeah, right), that would add 42 more gigs to the tally, for a grand total of 67 shows - EVER (and I think I'm really padding things here)! WOW, Ned you sure busted you ass, down in the trenches, sweating it out for your adoring fans - not.

You had it handed to you, Ned. Any hard times you've had are the ones you've dealt yourself by being a thinned-skinned, thin-talent crab with a bad case of the "anyone who puts up with me has got to be an asshole" Groucho Marx complex. A great example of this was the time that Ned was approached at Continental by Matt from the Candy Snatchers (another REAL rock band). Matt made the mistake of complimenting Ned, and Hayden responded by insulting Matt and his band. Before you could blink, Matt punched Ned's lights out. A more telling and poetic victory of bare-knuckled rock over empty attitude and hot air, I cannot imagine.

It's OK to like The Action Swingers Decimation Blvd. is pretty good, in a rehashed Ramones/Stooges way. But Ned begs to be exposed for the spoiled, whiny, nasty, sham that he is, and it's really just too easy.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:53 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

I love it DJ Wars... I think sometimes people really wanna hear something that they know and just not deep soul/funk track one after another.. That can get just as old as the DJ thats all man let me play 25 powerpop songs that no one here has ever heard...Just sayin it aint abiut provin something its about having a good time and helping others do the same .. right ?

Tom Lee the Manatee thought DJing was about playing good music that people enjoy listening/dancing to. Who cares if it's only existing copy of Toussaint McCall covering Kiss or if it's the Beatles soing I Want To Hold Your Hand. As long as it's the right song at that moment, play it. Tom Lee the Manatee thinks you all need to pull your head out of your asses.

That's why I rule! Y'all gotta come to my party some time. They're fuckin' crazy! Ask anybody! AAAAWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

KISS SUCKS!

You fags gotta quit callin' Ned Hayden One Cent. That's my only complaint. I was at Kim's tonight lookin' through the new arrivals in the used vinyl section (almost bought a Lord Buckley LP but put it back cuz I ain't got lotsa bread this week) and I saw TWO copies of the live Action Swingers LP right next to eachother for $4.99 each! FOUR FUCKING NINETY NINE!!! One Cent my ass!!! New Yorker Goners better get over there quick and grab those recs cuz they kick major ass!!!
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:53 am

So I see that no one took Jay's advice about halfway up the thread. The best defense against Ned Hayden is to act realistic, meaning, act like he doesn't exist. He's barely this side of existing as it is. Really, you won't feel a thing. Every time you go off on some halfwitted, delusional windbag like that, it fuels the fire. I'm guilty as well.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 3:47 am

you're right Jay..absolutely. But I think we do a pretty good job people have a good time when we play..I mean we get a lot more compliments, , than complaints, like that we dont play any Ramones(for some reason that is the most requested band, regardless of the situation, people sure love them Ramones) its all about the night and how it is organized. If we are putting it on and we put on the flyers that we are playing a particular type of music, thats what we play. People dont have to come if they dont want to. However, if myself, for example, is hired to play at a party or someone else's organized night, I am going to try and play what folks want me to play...its all about why people are there...if they are there to hear a particular type of music, or if I am there in sort of a human jukebox capacity(the folks are there for a different reason). I dont if I said that very well, but i think it makes sense. I for one would love to hear you play 25 powerpop songs in row I had never heard, but i am junkie for good music i have never heard...I am always looking for stuff i dont know anything about...but some folks arent like that and just want to hear music they know...I am not the DJ for them, and thats cool, different strokes for different strokes, ya know
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 3:49 am

THAT FUN FACTS POST IS "STRONGER THAN DIRK" - ALWAYS SENDS HIM A-RUNNING, HE'S NEVER REFUTED A SINGLE POINT. LIKE BUG SPRAY.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 4:14 am

as i've said before you tiresome moron fun facts are fun but not very factual. here are some real facts: the action swingers had two count em two top ten recs in the uk indie charts. the action swingers were on top of the fuckin pops. the action swingers were on the john peel show countless times an did a session produced by buffin from mott the hoople at maide vaile studios. you losers would be hauled off an arrested if you even stepped foot near there. the action swingers headlined the camden palace- a 3,000 capacity venue(fromerly the legendary music machine) which was sold out. need i really go on??? none of you losers or the bands you hang out w/ will ever achieve the things the action swingers did. plus we were the most fucked up punk rock band drinkin an druggin our asses off in our tourin buses etc...but i'll let you fags rewrite history to make yourselves feel better. i won't take that away from you.

ps the devil dogs prob made about $1.50 in their career. at least i made some real dosh. we rocked harder too.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 4:16 am

as i've said before you tiresome moron fun facts are fun but not very factual. here are some real facts: the action swingers had two count em two top ten recs in the uk indie charts. the action swingers were on top of the fuckin pops. the action swingers were on the john peel show countless times an did a session produced by buffin from mott the hoople at maide vaile studios. you losers would be hauled off an arrested if you even stepped foot near there. the action swingers headlined the camden palace- a 3,000 capacity venue(fromerly the legendary music machine) which was sold out. need i really go on??? none of you losers or the bands you hang out w/ will ever achieve the things the action swingers did. plus we were the most fucked up punk rock band drinkin an druggin our asses off in our tourin buses etc...but i'll let you fags rewrite history to make yourselves feel better. i won't take that away from you.

ps i turned down headlinin the rotterdam rumble this year an let the paul collins beat an king louie do it instead. i'm generous like that.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 4:34 am

KISS SUCKS!
i totally agree with this saw them something like, i don't know, 60 nights in a row, horrible and exactly the same every night.

i'm not getting all chummy with diggler, i only ever heard one 7", but, i'm just saying that kicked in the head is one fucking solid and kick ass 7"
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 4:56 am

So, anyway, we'll have DJs Buck Wilders, the Hook Up, a giant pinata with One Cent's face on it (only 1$ a swat!) and one of the best soul singers going--"Disco Lady" done by the original author--Harvey freakin' Scales. Hot damn! Great month of music in Memphis!!!!!!

Sorry to get off the thread subject...tell me again what it was like to know the Smashing Pumpkins?
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 4:58 am | Edited by: d diggler

what's inside the pinata??? oh an thanks, bruce. ill be sure to keep my distance.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 5:01 am

that will cost you at least 1$ to find out. If you leave now, you'll be here in time to get first crack at it.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 5:04 am

i'll pay ya a buck to take the first crack at yer head.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 5:15 am

Hmm, tempting. Let me think about it. I'd rather have something cool like an Action Swingers' turtleneck sweater or backstage passes to the next Wong Numbers "concert" in your basement.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 6:16 am

for once, you're absolutely motherfucking dead on right, jay.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 1:10 pm

as i've said before you tiresome moron

SEE? DICK IS NOW BEGGING ME TO DESIST AND JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS (AT MY PROVOCATION) IN ATTEMPT TO DIVERT ATTENTION FROM THE TRUTH. I LOOK FORWARD TO MANIPULATING YOU AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE, DICK. NOTICE TOO THAT THERE IS NOT A SINGLE CORRECTION OF THE "FACTS" AMONG HIS LIES AND EXAGGERATIONS.

ps the devil dogs prob made about $1.50 in their career. at least i made some real dosh. GUESS THAT PUTS THE ACTION SWINGERS AHEAD AND ABOVE YOUR IDOLS THE ALARM CLOCKS, TOO?
we rocked harder too. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
we were the most fucked up punk rock band drinkin an druggin LIE.

AND HOW MANY SHOWS DID THE ACTION SWINGERS PLAY IN THEIR CAREER? PROBABLY CLOSER TO 30 TOTAL, RIGHT? LESS? AND IF THE BAND IS SO VERY BRILLIANT, WHY DOES EACH SUCCESSIVE LINEUP FLEE IN HORROR? SURELY ALL THAT FAME AND MONEY WOULD KEEP THEM AROUND?
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:36 pm

backstage passes to the next wrong numbers "concert" in your basement.

you laugh but this is my dream. set up a bar w/ beer an party lights an snacks an stuff. invitation only. keep out the riff raff like fagburn.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:45 pm

keep out the riff raff like fagburn

'CAUSE I'M STRONGER THAN DIRK!
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 2:52 pm

HEY NED - YOU FORGOT TO ANSWER:

IF THE BAND IS SO VERY BRILLIANT, WHY DOES EACH SUCCESSIVE LINEUP FLEE IN HORROR? SURELY ALL THAT FAME AND MONEY WOULD KEEP THEM AROUND?

SEE YOU IN THE BASEMENT, DICKLICK.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Jay Reatard is a HIPPIE!
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 5:28 pm

Vice Magazine is typically not worth quoting, but I've DJ'ed at a rock & roll bar on a weekly basis for over 10 years and this is pretty accurate.

LCD: This is your audience. It stands for Lowest Common Denominator. You are DJing for drunks and cokeheads, and they need the aural equivalent of safety blankets. What would you rather hear when you're high as fuck in a bar: Journey or some obscure acid-house? (If you're a geek, don't answer that.)
I used to spend all my time collecting the rarest tracks, stuff that when I heard it at home it would totally blow my mind. Guess what? No one cared. In fact, they stopped dancing. Now I stick to playing stuff that I liked when I was a teenager (the Misfits, "O.P.P.," and songs from John Hughes movies) and I'm golden. When in doubt, go nostalgic.

Rest of the article here.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 9:41 pm

here are some real facts:

the action swingers had two count em two top ten recs in the uk indie charts.

According to www.everyhit.com - no you didn't

the action swingers were on top of the fuckin pops.

According to www.bbc.co.uk/totp - no you weren't.

the action swingers were on the john peel show countless times

According to www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/artists/a/actionswingers/ - the count is one.

an(sic) did a session produced by buffin from mott the hoople at maide vaile studios.

That was the one time.

the action swingers headlined the camden palace- a 3,000 capacity venue(fromerly the legendary music machine) which was sold out.

Shockingly there's no record anywhere of your "sold out" show, but according to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden_Palace -the venue only holds 2,434 people. I have no reason to believe you're not lying about it being sold out too.

none of you losers or the bands you hang out w/ will ever achieve the things the action swingers did.

Well, as Bruce alluded to, he was on tour for about 2 months opening for Kiss and Aerosmith everynight. So right there is one Goner who's played in front of more people on one tour than you've evey played before. I personally have played in front of a 3000 person crowd on a few occasions.

How about just once you try to make a claim you can back up. Even if you have to leave your mom's basement to do it.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 10:22 pm

scott, you are so fuckin stupid it's unbelievable. the first action swingers album an more fast numbers were both in the nme an melody maker charts for weeks. i have the issues right here. we did one peel session but he played us countless times on his show. sorry, i got the capacity of the camden palace a little wrong. we were on top of the pops indie countdown for "knocked out cold" offa more fast numbers. but i guess if i weighed over 300 lbs. an had no foreseable future for myself i'd prob sit around all day tryin to disprove actual facts too. an unlike you who are so gruesome it hurts i have a wife an kid an don't live in my mom's basement. again, sorry to disappoint you, dead man walkin. stuff another donut in your fat,ugly face.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 10:30 pm

1$ a whack on the One Cent pinata--only 8 days to save your money up.
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 10:33 pm

are all you losers as fat an hopeless as scott fagburn???
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 10:49 pm

45's I got today for 50 cents a piece:

J. Hines and the Boys "Funky Funk Pt. 1 &2" (Nation-Wide)
Mongo Sanatamaria "We GOt Latin Soul" (Columbia- but you already knew that)
The Persians "dance Now" (RSVP)
Joe Valentine "One Night Of Satisafaction" (Ronn)
Billy Sha-Rae "Do It" (Spectrum)
James Brown "Funky Drummer" (King)
Toussaint McCall "Shimmy" (Ronn)
Violinaires "All The Way" (Jewel)
Howard Tate "That's What Happens" (Turntable)
Roy C "Those Days Are Gone/ I wasn't There" (Alaga)
Donnie Elbert "I got to Get Myself Together" (Rare Bullet)
Willie and the Mighty Magnificents "Souling" (All Platinum)
Flamingoes "Think About Me" (Worlds Getting DownTo The New York Sound)
Syl Johnson "Come On Sock It To Me" (Twilight)

YEAH!
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 10:53 pm

just wait until you put this one on...you will frisbee it outta the window within 10 seconds...the most wrongly titled record in the history of records

Joe Valentine "One Night Of Satisafaction" (Ronn)
this one however is killa
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 11:01 pm

nobody cares about your stupid funk records, fag (except vionel richie). i'm tryin to make fun of scott for bein fat an ugly an about to die.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 12:53 am

MESSAGE TO DICK DIGGER OF THE (IMAGINARY) WONG NIBBLERS:

WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP A BAND TOGETHER? WHY DO YOU LIE SO MUCH? WHY DO YOU COMMENT ON EVERYTHING YET DO NOTHING?

JUST WONDERING.

PS: FAG
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 1:01 am | Edited by: rugburn

ANOTHER QUESTION FOR NO-PANTS BOY HAYDEN:

SO HOW MANY SHOW HAVE THE ACTION SWINGERS PLAYED? REALLY, YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ELSE, WHY CAN'T YOU WORK UP A GOOD ESTIMATE LIE FOR THAT ONE?
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 1:20 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

just wait until you put this one on...you will frisbee it outta the window within 10 seconds...the most wrongly titled record in the history of record

Holy shit no kidddin'! Oh well.

Billy Sha-Rae "Do It" (Spectrum)

This one however is fuckin' nasty. I highly recommend you get one too. I mean, it's kinda dark and bangin' mid-tempo dirty funk and could sound amazing at the right moment. Overall, a great record. It basically saved the entire haul, only cuz "Shimmy" is so beat it's unplayable. The Hpoawd Tate is pretty beat too but plays next to perfectly. There was also this one I got I didn't list for some reason by Gloria "Rosebud" Black w/ Taj Mahal called "Would You Believe" (Jody Records) that's one totally amazing haunting ballad. FANTASTIC.

Ok d diggler, commence with the ass whippins.

PS You fuckin' Wrong Numbers doubters are fucked. This whole thing has been planned and you're fuckin' in for a motherfucker of a racket.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 1:31 am

"vionel richie" was pretty fuckin' funny....
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 2:15 am | Edited by: Scott

Fat? Wow, you are a genius! Did you come up with that one all by yourself? As far as about to die goes, is that a threat? You'd have to leave your mom's basement for that, and if you did you wouldn't last long.

You fuckin' Wrong Numbers doubters are fucked.

I don't doubt the wrong numbers. I fuckin' LOVE 'em!

http://www.myspace.com/thewrongnumbers
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 2:27 am

Those fags are total poseurs.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 3:58 am

Um, can I see proof that the Action Swingers were in the UK top ten? A link? And these ten thousand, twenty thousand sold claims, Ned, are you sure you didn't just count your adult backne and got some numbers confused?

WHAT AM I DOING OVER HERE?!?!?!?! WHY AM I BACK OVER HERE?!?!?!
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 4:24 am

you got a big mouth record boy.

HA HA HA HA HA HA
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 11:29 am

I love it when people get their knickers in a twist over Ned's comments.

Go Ned!
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 11:47 am

You fuckin' Wrong Numbers doubters are fucked.

I HAVE NO DOUBT AT ALL THAT THE WONG NIBBLERS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY. EVER.

PROVE ME WRONG.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 1:15 pm

america's worst record store

No... more like "America's Most Expensive Record Store"
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 4:05 pm

scott, you really are as dumb as you are fat. i didn't threaten you, fag. you're gonna die soon from obesity. your life expectancy is nil. i don't have to do a thing. you're killin yourself.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 5:26 pm

Ned Hayden for president in 08' and Goner needs Ask Ned Hayden , I'm sure that would be great , even better that ask king louie.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 8:47 pm

let's talk about why fat scott lost his job bookin the buc or wherever. couldn't be because he lied to an let down every band he worked w/ or is everything everybody says about him behind his back wrong too???

an scott you should really get to a doctor an work out a diet an exercise regimen instead of eatin yourself to death. i wanna see you around for a long time cause you're so easy to make fun of, fag.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:03 pm

YOU KNOW, I REMEMBER WHEN DD "WORKED WITH" HILLY KRISTAL; HE WAS A CLERK AT THE CBGB RECORD STORE. AND A NERDIER, MORE ZIT-FACED, SURLIER RECORD STORE CLERK THERE NEVER WAS.

SO HE KNOWS WHERE IT'S AT TO BE "PRICIN RECORDS," ONE OF HIS FAVORITE PUT-DOWNS.

IT'S TOUGH TO LOOK BACK AT YOUR LIFE AND SEE A PATHETIC LOSER, AND I THINK IT'S LEFT PERMANENT SCARS ON DICK'S FRAGILE LITTLE PSYCHE. PROBABLY JUST ONE MORE REASON WHY HE'S SO APT TO REVISE HISTORY (READ: LIE).
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:11 pm

anybody who knows me knows one thing-i always tell the truth. an i was the manager of the cbgb's record store which was the best rec store in the country durin my reign. an yeah i was so lame that's why i ruled new york city rock an roll w/ an iron fist. julie cafritz has been well known for startin bands w/ nerdy zit-faced guys...

but now we see fagburn's motivation. sittin on the outside lookin in as i was havin a great time rulin the scene. poor fag. i'm sure his self-decription above aimed at me is accurate.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:21 pm

THANKS AGAIN FOR JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS AT MY COMMAND, DICK. YOU ARE EASIER TO PLAY THAN A KAZOO.

PS: MY MOTIVATION IS SIMPLY TO BURN YOUR ASS, AND I DO IT BY ACTING EXACTLY LIKE YOU DO. QUITE SIMPLE, REALLY.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:25 pm

PS: WHO IS JULIE CAFRITZ AND WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:25 pm

pfft. clean up in aisle 5, loser. meanwhile for me it's beer thirty!!! party!!!
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:32 pm

Beer thirty! I'm going to pick up the Skeleton Boy tonight and we're gonna ROCK! AAAWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:36 pm

i was the manager of the cbgb's record store

LIE. YOU WERE JUST A CLERK FLUNKY. PATHETIC CONSIDERING YOU ONCE POSTED THAT HILLY WAS "LIKE A FATHER TO YOU."
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 9:49 pm

i ruled new york city rock an roll

BEYOND LIE. YOU WERE A PATHETIC JOKE.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 11:56 pm

this is gettin ugly.
Posted: Dec 1, 2006 11:59 pm

Can we go back to Harvy Scales? I wanna hear about that. Enough Romper Room feuding, boys. Dirk leave the Memphis dudes alone. Your mama would be ashamed!
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 12:00 am

Best thread ever!
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 12:02 am

Merry Christmas Shangri-La! Thanks fer puttin out my record so many years ago! You guys rule!
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 12:41 am

YOU WERE A PATHETIC JOKE.

Wrong. He's IS a pathetic joke.
I lost my job at the Buccaneer by quitting. I was a bartender not the bar's sole promoter. I did book shows there (along with everyone else who works/worked there), but usually only for friends of mine coming through town. If they're unsatisfied with the shows I booked for them then they should have the good sense to stop asking me to do it, but I still get calls almost daily asking me to set up shows. I can even still book shows at the Buccaneer. I'll gladly book a show for the Wrong Numbers and even wait until you're finished playing to kick your ass. Once again, that would require you leaving your mom's basement. I guess we know that'll never happen.
I also wouldn't spend my remaining days on this earth worrying about when someone else was going to die if I were your age. Surely even you and I can agree that what little time you have left is far too precious for that.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 2:10 am

I'll gladly book a show for the Wrong Numbers and even wait until you're finished playing to kick your ass.

Hee=Double Haw!!!!

The thread that wouldn't die sponsored by the One Cent pinata coming soon to an xmas party near you... if you live at Poplar & McLean. Only a buck a swat!
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 2:35 am

"hat little time you have left is far too precious for that."

it's true...life is a gift!
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 8:05 am

I will challenge anyone here to a Rock 'n' Roll death match. 3 songs apiece. No artsy fartsy shit... rock 'n' roll only. No joke. I will book the gig. Winner takes the door. Loser pays the winner's tab. Audience decides the winner. Dick Lickler, I'm mainly talking to you, but I will take anyone.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:28 am

Hey jerk I could waste you and diggler with half a song bith....
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 3:41 pm

you got a big mouth record boy.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

wow you're laughing!
First time you you havent looked like a mopey assed 6th grader
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 4:32 pm

alright jay let's not get carried away. you know you're talkin to the master. you wouldn't stand a fuckin chance against me. i would pull out the super-rock devastation unlike anything anybody has ever seen on this earth an obliterate several city blocks an your puny non-rockin afro ass in the process. what're you gonna do, try an play yer way through some played to death rewrite??? don't make me laugh. an a jerk, this ain't rocky. we're not takin on cinderella stories from outta nowhere around here. go make a name for yourself an get back to me.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 5:00 pm

play yer way through some played to death rewrite

DICK DIGGER'S ENTIRE REPITORE CONSISTS OF PLAYED-TO-DEATH REWRITES, SO HE OUGHT TO KNOW. IGGY RAMONE ON FAG PILLS. BUT IT SOUNDS PRETTY TOUGH TO KIDS WHO AREN'T USED TO THE OLD-HAT-EIGHTH-NOTE-AND-ATTITUDE SHTICK. DON'T BE FOOLED; HAYDEN IS NO ORIGINATOR OR "VETERAN STALWART."

go make a name for yourself

NATURALLY - ALL DICK DIGGER'S GOT IS A NAME - HE'S MADE UP EVERYTHING ELSE AND IS HOPING EVERYONE IS TOO YOUNG, INITMIDATED, OR LAZY TO CALL HIM ON IT. DON'T BE FOOLED. YOU WANT THE REAL THING, BUY THE FIRST THREE RAMONES ALBUMS AND FUNHOUSE.

get back to me.

SO HE CAN BLOW YOU.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 7:01 pm

Say what you want about Jay, but his "puny non-rockin afro ass" may be the hardest-working rocker around. He's been responsible for tearing our shitty little no-name club to the ground more times than you've been upstairs to tell your mom you're out of beer. He may have a big mouth, but he still backs it up with actual rock music, unlike some other bigmouthed fucks.

Dirk: When (if) you ever stop squinting at the remains of your "carreer" on a 13" cpu screen, come play a show for us. Those that pay the door will only be there to wait their turn to kick your worn-out ass. When it's over, you'll have to give all that money to me, cause I'll be right there holding an SM57 to your jaw so the whole place can appreciate the sweet sounds of you choking on your teeth.

Keep crying up there. I'll be working with HARVEY FUCKIN SCALES again! Thank heavens this town has such awful record stores to set up crunk parties like this.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 9:11 pm

joel is a total closet-case name. i seriously doubt you could kick my ass w/ a fag name like that.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 9:41 pm

I didn't say anything about kicking your ass. I'm just there to capture the sonic bliss of your jawbone splintering, and to take your money for sending the crunching noise through sixty gazillion watts.

You shouldn't mind the fee, since you're a rock star on top of the game. What's $100 after all? You'd only have to move another 10,000 units to pay for it.

So what's what? You gonna sit up there and flap your cockwarmer, or are you gonna play us some rock and roll? Who's the closet case? I'm not the one hiding behind a keyboard in a smelly basement and jerking off to my foggy memories of an utterly insignificant rockstar fantasy. Show up or shut up.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 9:50 pm

oh, now the town soundman is gettin in on the act??? please. you are the most hated dude in town. i remember that thread about what a dick you are. i'm afraid the wrong numbers won't be needin your services, queer. we'll prob play a basement show or jam in robin's driveway or somethin. an nobodys gonna be kickin my ass down there. i'm gonna be doin the ass kickin w/ rock an roll!! woohoo!!! but my man ken an bazooka joe an i are more than capable of handlin any problems of a physical nature that may arise, don't worry. well, at least me an ken.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 10:18 pm

i remember that thread about what a dick you are

That was the other guy over Young Ave. Deli, not Joel.

Carry on.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 10:53 pm

"you are the most hated dude in town. i remember that thread about what a dick you are."

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't deserve that sort of respect just yet. Give me another decade of doing 800 sets a year, and I may have perfected my craft. I just have to practice throwing pianos off the stage and hitting girls.

I'd love to continue this digital pissing match, but you'll have to excuse me -- I have to get to soundcheck. Yes, actual MUSICIANS are playing tonight. You know, people who actually perform MUSIC instead of talking out their asses to strangers.

p.s. -- this will be a fucking incredible show, folks. Don't be a Dirk -- show up!
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:16 pm

all soundgays are dicks. an losers. otherwise they'd be playin instead of hasslin real musicians like me all the time.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:29 pm

Real musicians would be having sound check right about now on a friday night, not waiting for their mom to make dinner.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:33 pm

Here it comes...
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:37 pm

Fuck Milder.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:40 pm

Out of all the people in NYC, is this the only person you could find to make friends with Joe? Or do you just hang out with him out of pitty?
Be a real friend and turn that guy on to some real music.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:49 pm

he's lucky i hang out w/ him. i'm his hero. an if by real music you mean all that borin soul crap, do me a favor an don't bother.
Posted: Dec 2, 2006 11:55 pm | Edited by: Buck Wilders

There were more than 3 bands before '91. Do youself a favor and listen and learn how unimportant and unoriginal your music "was." I've got gospel records that make your rock sound like Abba.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 12:06 am | Edited by: d diggler

like i really care what you think, loser. you wouldn't know rock an roll if it walked up an swatted you in the face like you were the dirk diggler pinata at the empty shangri-lame x-mas party. poor harvey shields, whoever he is.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 12:18 am

JESUS, DICK DIGGER, YOU STILL HERE? YOUR SIDESTEPPING DIRECT CONVERSATION WITH ME PROVES WHAT A PUSSY SHIT YOU ARE. TYPICAL BULLIES LIKE YOU ALWAYS AVOID REAL CHALLENGES.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 12:21 am

I'll be sure and send you a picture of how empty are x-mas party is. You can hang it on your mom's refrigerator next to your $13 BMI check stubs that she's so proud of. Out of the 1000+ rock records I own, there are some that are slightly similar to the sound you claim to handle, only they came out when you were 5 years old. I wouldn't expect you to have heard of Harvey. He didn't half-ass copy and ruin someone else's music.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 12:33 am

"poor harvey shields, whoever he is."

Poor Harvey was knocking 'em out before your mom was turning tricks with no birth control. What's more, he still kicks ass. Yourself? When was the last time you made a roomful of your "fans" go apeshit? Oh, wait -- you've already alienated both of them. For that matter, when was the last time you did anything worth talking about? Given the timeframe and genre you "ruled with an iron fist", I vote for "never". I don't think you've got it in you. I'll continue to feel that way until you prove me wrong. Get off your ass and play some fucking music already, fag. Your bitch talk counts for zero. Hell, even Scott fucking Rogers still rocks out. If he's half-dead, what does that make you?
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 12:43 am

scott rogers is fatter than your two gay dads, joel (sheesh, what a fag name). i filled up union pool ( a pretty good sized hall not a lame bar. anybody can fill up a bar, even fat scott rogers who i am sure really rocks out, not.) at the end of april(after not playin for ten years. talk about loyal fans!!!). an i really give a shit what a lame soundgay thinks. those who can do like me an those who can't become sound gays like you. you are beneath my contempt, loser. an you don't get a vote. you're a pathetic sound gay. scott rogers... hahahaha!!!
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 1:09 am

Think what you want, I never had the desire to pander to anyone. I'll grant you that there are plenty of soundguys who are vicariously living out some stage fantasy, but that's not me. I enjoy music, engineering and hanging out in bars. Getting paid to do what I like means way more than what some zit-faced unemployed kids think of what I did back when I was cool. Did you really do NOTHING for ten years? Your mom shoulda slapped some sense into you.

This is a good fun job for me, not a carreer. I have other ambitions. If I'm beneath your contempt, perhaps you could find something better to do that insult me over the stupid internet. For instance, you could shut the fuck up and show us some rock and roll instead of farting out your mouth.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 1:19 am

i filled up union pool

THE FORGOTTEN DICK DIGGER PLAYED TO A BUILT-IN DRAW THANKS TO THE A-BONES AND MONOMAN, THE GHETTOWAYS, AND THE GUILTY HEARTS.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 1:29 am

Billy and Miriam just asked me and Xtine16 to spin the Norton NYE party cuz we're the best DJ's in the world!!! YEAH!!!
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 1:33 am

MONOMANN RULES!
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 2:12 am

PS: THE WORLD HAS NOT HEARD NOTE ONE FROM DICK DIGGER IN SEVEN MONTHS EXCEPT FOR HIS BITCHTALK ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD. AND THAT'LL BE ALL HE WROTE FROM HERE TO ETERNITY, YOU CAN SAFELY BET. THERE'S NO CHANCE THE WONG NIBBLERS WILL EVER COME TO FRUITION ( DICK DIGGER AND BUTTLIKKA JOE? GIVE ME A BREAK!), AND DICK'S PRETTY MUCH RADIOACTIVE TO MUSICIANS AS EVIDENCED BY HIS EVER-REPULSED BANDMATES.

ALL TALK, NO ACTION, SWINGER.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 2:16 am

Posted: Dec 3, 2006 3:58 am | Edited by: Scott

"After Quit While You're Ahead's first song, "Kicked in the Head," it's pretty obvious where the rest of the album is going -- each song highlights a single, gritty, repetitive riff, and a single, screamed melody. The simplicity and repetition give the songs the potential to grow extremely annoying, but the lo-fi, Dinosaur Jr.-esque feel of the production keeps them from sounding like poorly written rock; in the end, the tracks sound like the hard-rock parodies on Ween's early albums ("You Fucked Up," etc.) Julia Cafritz of Pussy Galore and Free Kitten is also featured."

-allmusic.com

HEE=HAW!!!

That makes me feel better. If I was being taunted by a hare-lipped midget pedifile WITH talent, I'd be upset, but since you, Ned Hayden, have none, it don't bother me at all.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 5:40 am

wow you're laughing!
First time you you havent looked like a mopey assed 6th grader

HEY DUDE you don't know me... outside of seeing me walk back & forth between Tucker's for more junk food & the Jack O - Evans - Krissy garage rock apartments (for more digital cable). Or buying the occasional $2 worst powerpop LP ever from Shangri la.

I'm from New Orleans. I can't live Uncompromisingly Midtown in memphis for two months AND be HAPPY.

You got me feeling like a mopey 6th grader already. Maybe it's just U.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 5:49 am

I'M CURIOUS, DICK DIGGER: IF HILLY KRISTAL WAS "LIKE A FATHER TO YOU," WHY IS IT THAT YOU PLAYED CBGB MAYBE TWICE IN YOUR ENTIRE CAREER?

ACTUALLY, THERE MAY BE SOME LEGITIMACY TO YOUR HILLY-AS-FATHER-FIGURE SENTIMENT BECAUSE YOU SURE HAVE A LOT OF THE SAME TRAITS AS HIS SON DANA.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 6:04 am

I wouldn't be caught dead at Square Foods.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 11:37 am

the action swingers??? is this guy for real??? that shit aint no good. if i found a box of still-in-the-wrapper A.S. discs on the side of the road i MIGHT pick 'em up and donate to the salvation army...
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 3:32 pm

still-in-the-wrapper

See? You obviously don't even know anything about records. We in the biz call it "shrink."
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 4:21 pm

i pity you scott. you're fat, ugly, untalented an are about to drop dead from your own lack of will power an self-respect. why should i expect you to know anything about music either???
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 4:33 pm

Stop talking to this white nigger!!!!
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 4:41 pm

hey bateman,
you were laughing at me, even though you dont know me either...

"wouldnt be caught dead at square foods'

????? jeez, thats were my girlfriend worked then. I would pick her up from work...wow what an insult: "you have a girlfriend with a job that you would pick her up from when her shift was over"...man, i dont know if i can recover from an insult like that.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 5:20 pm

Andy Dangerfied told me to type that. I didn't know what it meant, but i do what he say.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 5:31 pm

Andy rules!
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 5:45 pm

OH VINYL RITCHIE I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU UNTIL YOU ATTACKED BATEMAN!!! HOW CAN ANYONE MAKE FUN OF BATEMAN????
YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME!! !!
Seriously-the anger thread has gone way beyond ridiculous. You are adding fuel to ned's fire and he's getting exactly what he wants from all of you.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 6:53 pm

Check out my eBay Auctions!

spare copy of BAD TIMES live CDr ends tonight 9pm
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 6:54 pm

Posted: Dec 3, 2006 6:58 pm

I would like to have the Flinstones LPs very much.
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 11:06 pm

I like Abba.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:16 am

http://astrosim.sapphire.no/eatpoo/avatar/die_thread.jpg

and i will probably end up at the soul party even. cuz they're fun. but this fighting shit is just getting old and tired. yawn.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 7:41 pm

OH VINYL RITCHIE I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU UNTIL YOU ATTACKED BATEMAN!!! HOW CAN ANYONE MAKE FUN OF BATEMAN????
YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME!! !!
Seriously-the anger thread has gone way beyond ridiculous. You are adding fuel to ned's fire and he's getting exactly what he wants from all of you.

he swung his tiny fists of fury first!

but seriously folks...

come on out to the soul party it will be fun and hate-free! lots of drinking and dancing! woo-hoo! yowza!
Posted: Dec 8, 2006 6:33 pm

Wow, who knew a thread for a Christmas jam could ignite such a flame war!

Dirk, don't know ya and don't care to, but all our other Goner friends are most welcome to the Soul Christmas Party!
Posted: Dec 9, 2006 4:32 pm

Tonite!
Posted: Dec 9, 2006 11:30 pm

First the Checkmates are gonna do a set with Sir Wiley, take a break, then come back on for a set with Harvey!
Posted: Dec 10, 2006 2:45 am

WHAT TIME???
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 3:47 am

time of my life!
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 1:37 pm

nice life.
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 11:38 pm

KISS SUCKS!

they love you on the KISSFAQ.com message board too.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®