Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Who's coming down for Gonerfest 3?
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Topic 4400!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 7:44 pm

you know i'm coming! in on tuesday night and straight to the buc
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 9:01 pm

of course i'm going to be there, but i live here, so there is no "coming down" for me. heheh.

i'll wait for after goner fest to come down.
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 9:21 pm

I've had the best parts of my life on the interstate after Goner/Blackout. I need to ask Jack if I put in a order for some good roasted coffee, how much cash?Thanks, Marsh
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Throwing my hat into the ring.
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 11:25 pm

here.
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 3:49 am

did you say "Who's going down for cumfest 3?" oh, wait i got ya, thats why there are only five posts.
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 6:46 am

I need to ask Jack if I put in a order for some good roasted coffee, how much cash?

Won't cost you nothin'.

I ordered some more green beans yesterday. Hopefully it'll be in in time. UPS, so, hopefull.

I need you to bring me a quart mason jar, though. I'm out.
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 6:49 am

thats why there are only five posts.

Totally only wanted post 4400.
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 6:13 pm

I'm coming down late Wednesday.
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 6:56 pm

We're planning on a caffeine-fueled arrival around noon on Thursday. Looking forward to finally meeting, and getting drunk with you lot - pheezy, kosta, Theresa K, Jack...
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 7:19 pm

oh,..we're comin.. wedensday mornin. Off the plane & then straight to the stax museum. Greatest place on earth.
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 11:18 pm

will be good to meet you too Driver!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 12:38 am

HELLO MY NAME IS.... stickers required!

RULES & REGEMENT = FUNN!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 2:30 am

Hello my name is DUNKTRAIN!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 2:39 am

We'll see about that! You better fuckin be there pheezy! Me & Jay and maybe Ethan (even tho he don't wanna mess up his purty hair for the night show) and possibly a special ny guest will be on hand to get dunked and see if you can thro a ball. ....

GET READY TO BE HECKLED!

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 7:55 am

UPS, so, hopefull.

Marsh,
UPS says 9/27. Just in time, but probably won't get time to roast until Friday. Bring a 1 QT. Mason Jar! Also, do you grind your own?
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 3:44 pm

What about Slovenly Pete? Anybody know?
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 3:59 pm

HELLO MY NAME IS.... stickers required!

I'm with you on that one, if only to figure out a few more gonerboard monikers.
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 7:20 pm

GET READY TO BE HECKLED!

get ready to get wet, dunktrain. hahah. i like that. dunktrain. hahah.
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 7:39 pm

He won't need a nametag! He'll just be the guy who's ALL WET ALL WEEKEND!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 9:00 pm

HAWW HAWW HAWW....Pheezy made a funny..... We shall see who's laughin last at THE DUNK TANK O DOOM!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 9:21 pm

anyone interesting in doing me a solid and picking up some records for me at the fest?
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 10:14 pm

wedensday mornin. Off the plane & then straight to the stax museum

Something really neat, dtrain: when you walk through, they have all these outtakes running on a loop. You never hear the full songs, just the outtake stuff, like Otis Redding making it almost all the way through on Dock of the Bay, and then having to stop, saying "couldn't make it to the whistle part"....
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 10:28 pm

Oh , I've already been Mister Stands. This is an educational trip for Pee Wee and Chris Teenager as they must be edumacated.
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 11:29 pm

smoke it out daddyios im already here n steamin goner put a hurt on some ears .........screammin,,,,,,, grab the BELUGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then grab IT again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 1:16 am

Tomorrow is Chris Teenagers birfday. We will be celebrating in Memphis. Maybe at the buc. or the HiTone. or the Lamplighter. Suggestions please!
Is Barristers downtown still there?
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 1:41 am

that's a good question. i think... no!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 1:49 am

Theres a covercharge of $5 for Blair Combest tomorrow at the Hi-Tone. Not sure what's up at the Buc. Isn't Jeremy Scott's band usually playing on Wed. nights down there?
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 1:58 am

the ridiculous bikini strip club where 616 used to be might be funny... they got a steak house next door- THE TENDERLOIN!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 2:02 am

bikini strip club? wtf? sounds weird...Who's Blair Comcast. Sounds like a phone plan or somethin...
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 2:16 am

Who's Blair Comcast
I have no idea.

Yep, the shake-joint, I ain't been to yet, but John from Hedgecreep and I were gonna check it out soon to book a show.

The Buc, Murphy's or the Lamplighter. Not Newby's or Niel's (Molly Hatchet ain't playin' so why bother).
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 2:30 am

Thanks! Is TGI fridays still open in the square? Thats where Big Star drank...
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 4:35 am

no, that's gone too, mike.

wednesday night - ugh. i wish i knew what to tell you. go to the fair and get stupid there and then go crash some bar. murphy's usually has some beer special thing going on wednesdays.

i've heard this new shake junt thing is fucking hilarious. but usually shake junts are expensive as shit to drink at. 6 dollars for a fucking beer. ugh. the place is called platinum dolls or something similar, despite platinum plus wanting to sue the piss outta them for using the platinum name. i wonder if they did the same thing to platinum rose down on south 3rd...
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 5:56 am

6 bucks at a strip club? not bad. up here it's like $10 for a bud at strip club. in midtown that is.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 6:52 am | Edited by: eric o

i think platinum leaned on 'em.... i think i saw "Downtown Dolls" on the marquee when i did a drive-by. total vegas facade... bizarre.

my boy richard martin couldn't make TSOT "practice" 'cause he's going to 38 SPECIAL wednesday night!

don't know if that's in tunica or at the fair, but that's where he's headed. could be quite the time! (especially if you're with richard!)
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 8:47 am

There will be a pit's delegation!

Saturday night in the Hi-Tone, ouch!!!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 10:02 am

coming down from Charleston SC
if anyone sees a dude with tiny thick black glasses and a black bandana say whats up!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 4:22 pm | Edited by: eric o

Posted: Sep 27, 2006 8:10 pm

38 special is at the fair weds night. my friends and i always catch one bad act/people watch once a year, tonights the night. let the badness begin.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 8:46 pm

hello fellow barabarians! this is zontar, the chaotic/good elf! what is this fair you speak of?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 1:29 am

Is there a beer bust tonight?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 2:12 am

Anywhere in Memphis we can stay ?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 3:47 am

38 special is at the fair weds night

i could here em loud and clear on my front porch. "so hold on loosely, but don't let go..."

sadly, i didnt hear "rockin into the night".
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:24 am

hey dtrain, did you happen to be at square foods this afternoon? i was in there eating with a friend of mine and i thought i saw you, but i wasn't sure if it was you. didn't really feel like walking up to someone randomly and be like "are you dtrain from the goner board?". hahah.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:25 am | Edited by: eric o

shit kosta, hope you made it to the fair! right down the street from the goner store... east. if not 38 special, then some other night.

here's my favorite part of "Rockin' Into the Night" (which, until right now, i think i thought was done by Foreigner (stupid))

"Rockin INto the night
Rockin inTO the night!"

awesome. full report from richwad tomorrow i hope!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:27 am

one of dtrain's missions was to procure nametags for the festivities.

HELLO MY NAME IS DTRAIN is a good giveaway that the dude is indeed MIKE!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:27 am

or not!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:32 am

I just left dtrain. He was at the bar. He had no nametags.

Happy Birthday Chris Teenager!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 6:45 am

chris teenager! happy birthday!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:06 am

i don't get in til tomorrow. is this some kind of state fair type deal? going on throughout the weekend maybe?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:32 am

state fair type deal?

A confluence of TN, MS, AR, otherwise known as the Mid-South Fair.
Good carneys and rides, still.

You may not ride the Revolution because dee fucked it up.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 9:23 am

fuck you, dee. you killed libertyland. the youth of orange mound are now deprived of work and your kids have no place to go for one weekend out of the entire year.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 1:10 pm

see youse guys inna few hours.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 4:26 pm

TODAY!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! !

i somehow managed to sleep through the peabody place thing, probably because i was up at 3:23 am. however, i will be going to see louie this afternoon! can't wait!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:20 pm

hey dtrain i heard you got knifed? True?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:22 pm

What?
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:39 pm

I'll be there!!

not till friday though.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:40 pm

Woo Hoo!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:16 pm

Ouch.....my head.... The Buccaneer is a freakin drunk palace.

Yes ELLE! That was me, Teenager, Brad (from atlanta) and Pee Wee at Sq Foods yesterday. Hollar at us next time. We will be there again in about an hour.
I am procuring the name tags TODAY Eric so I will have some at the Louie show at the shop and will bring you some!

DAY 1
I met Jack Stands! Nice fella! Also Windy, and Tony Millionaire! AWESOME!
Ran into Jeff Gunn and Michelle and Angie and Shirley! And Shirley REMEMBERD me!!!!!???? wtf? That was the best grilled cheese EVER!
Drove around downtown, went to Paynes, bought some stuff at Goner and almost crashed the brand new black caddilac we rented! whoo-hoo!
Ate Krystal last night and I have to say, White Castle is FAR better.

MEMPHIS RULES!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:18 pm

And talked to Jacquline Smith at the MLK museum . She's great!
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 6:42 am

you lafayette fuckers better be rippin shit up right now. Drink a beer or ten for me.
p.s. good to see trent and jordan made it down in one piece on the bike
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 4:57 pm

You know who is NOT coming to Gonerfest 3 ?

Miss Alex White & the Red Orchestra. Our transmission is fucked, and we couldn't even get out of the Chicago city limits last night. I am so bummed. So sorry everyone.

Have a fun time...
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 6:15 pm

Who's Tony Millionaire?

when do I get to ride in the pimp-caddy?
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Lets ride in the pimp caddY!

I got pulled over last night at 4pm on the way to the Evil Army after party party because they thought I was soliciting Ethan when I was just really asking him where the party was. It was pretty funny!!!

This is the best party ever! Gonerfest kicks ass! my phone is broke.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®