Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 6:40 am

There's this festival happenin August 18th,19th,& 20th in Saugertiese NY with a shitload of hardcore bands. Including a band I have been asked to play drums for called Reagan Youth. Here is a link for the ad. Check it out!
i know, the name of the fest is really gay but, it should be fun!
HEE=HAWW!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/memphismike/hardcoreposter.jpg
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:58 am

Who's singing for Reagan Youth? Dave Insurgent is kind of dead, isn't he?
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 10:19 am

Iron Cross!!!!?!!!??
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 6:25 pm

We are the sons of Reagan HEIL!
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 6:48 pm

It seems strange to me that 3 of the "big names" at this fest aren't really HC at all. Flipper was kind of dirge rock. Iron Cross was a poor-man's street punk/oi for the early 80's. And while Reagan Youth had some songs bordering on hardcore, next to some of the bigger NYHC bands of the time (Agnostic Front, Cause For Alarm, Warzone, Armed Citizens, etc.), they were practically Bachman Turner Overdrive.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:05 pm

The singer is Dave's brother who wrote alot of the lyrics for the band. You will find it intresting that we cannot play 'degenerated' due to the selling of the rights to Warner Bros. for the movie AIRHEADS. It becomes PD next year and then we can play it. Daves brother wrote that as well but we can't play it unless we wanna pay WB. Crazing huh?
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:18 pm

You will find it intresting that we cannot play 'degenerated' due to the selling of the rights to Warner Bros. for the movie AIRHEADS.

WTF?! Once you sell the rights to a song, you can't even play it live anymore? That's insane. That song is going Public Domain next year, huh? I imagine it showing up in future beginner guitar songbooks sandwiched between "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" and "O My Darling Clementine."

Reagan Youth were so great. Of all the early punk/hc bands of my youth, they're one of the few that I enjoy as much today as I did in 1984.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:29 pm

we have our first practice tonight. Listening to the cd is bringin back lots o highschool memories..ugh!
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 7:44 pm

nobody finds anything you say interesting, loser.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 8:02 pm

"You're a Go Nowhere... and you don't care!"

Congratulations on the Reagan Youth drummin' spot,dtrain! "Are you really hap-py?"
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 8:39 pm

Thanks! It's gonna be a blast!
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 9:33 pm

a blast of gas. which lametrain will pass.
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 2:42 pm | Edited by: bvalentine

It becomes PD next year
O.k. Let me get this straight. Degenerated (a song written 25 years ago) will be public domain next year, but Happy Birthday to You still rakes in royalties?
And, sheez, you really think Warner Bros will be in the audience making sure you don't play that song?
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 3:03 pm

Thanks! It's gonna be a blast!
a blast of gas. which lametrain will pass.

HEE-HAAW!
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 3:42 pm

I don't know. Thats just what they tell me. Who knows man. Practice went great! This is gonna be fun!
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 5:57 pm

O.k. Let me get this straight. Degenerated (a song written 25 years ago) will be public domain next year,
Thank you very much for making me feel even older than I already am.
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 7:34 pm

So when are you getting fitted for your klan hood Mike?
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 7:53 pm

we cannot play 'degenerated' due to the selling of the rights to Warner Bros.

Fuck Worn-out Bros.

"...Anybody seen my boy?"
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 9:32 pm

Thats what I'm sayin!!!
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 10:52 pm | Edited by: eric o

i truly admire the punk ethics of not playing "Degenerated."

Respect the Man!
Posted: Jul 22, 2006 8:03 pm

My friend's band is playin both days of this. Maybe I'll have to come up and check it out. I think they're gettin a hotel room actually...
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 12:55 am

The whole thing has been changed to Club Deep which I'm told is the old Stone Pony venue in Asbury Park New Jersey. We've also agreed to do 6 shows on the east coast opening for Flipper. I believe it wil be Boston, New York, Philly, Rode Island (?), and a couple of other places I can't remember. If all is good maybe we can make it down to Memphis. If Paul and Eddie down strangle each other.....ha-ha.. More news TBA....
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 4:40 am

BORING !!
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 8:13 am

i truly admire the punk ethics of not playing "Degenerated."

Respect the Man!

I haven't played "Revolution" in years,,,it wouldn't be fair to Nike....
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 11:20 pm

"Iron Cross was a poor-man's street punk/oi for the early 80's."

that is one of the more retarded lines I have read here....
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 6:16 pm

Everything including Degen is now in the set. We are even doing New Aryans. It's soundin tight!
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 6:19 pm

maybe we can make it down to Memphis.
That shouldn't be a maybe.
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 6:27 pm

Tryin to. It's probably gonna be East Coast Left Coast first. Not sure. Depends on our "manager"...jeesh...
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 6:34 pm

this whole thing sounds a bit off to me. good luck with it.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 10:13 pm

If you have a guarantee, try to get paid in advance or at least a deposit. Anytime one of these mega-hardcore fest goes down, there's always problems with the $. I played on The Social Chaos tour back in the 90's and things were fucked up by the time it rolled into Texas. It was a fun show though: TSOL, DOA, the Vibrators.
Posted: Jul 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Absolutely.
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 9:57 pm

This Reagan Youth band is a total farse. A hoax. Reagan Youth is no more. The only authentic member of this "reunion" band is the gtr player who must be workin real hard for some bogus cash. Dave Insurgent doesn't have a brother and never did, he was an only child. Whoever is involved in this better get an idea.
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 10:17 pm

Hey, no doubt.
The guy who said he was Dave's bro was totally bullshitting. I didn't know. He's not in the band... I'm just playin cause Paul asked me to. It's soundin real good tho...
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 3:02 am

Listen, I've just read some things here and I don't know what you're talkin' about that you can't play Degenerated. That just sounds phuckin' retarded. Be honest, did someone send you a cease and desist letter from 20th Century Fox when you tried to play the song, cuz dude, that just doesn't happen. And by the way 20th Century fox only owes 25% of the song, not 100%. So if you wanna play that song just do it, and if someone starts popping shit that you're not allowed, call me and I'll fix em', I'll fix em' good. As for "the guitar player must be working really hard for no money- WRONG! the songs are easy, they're punk rock, I mean c'mon it's PUNK ROCK!. Rehearsals have been free (thanx Pee Wee), the songs are easy for the new band members to learn (c'mon, it's punk rock) So big deal that there was this guy I was in rehab with, several years ago, and he started telling lies about being in Reagan Youth. He meets me and says "Such and such amount of money, all the beer you can drink, free hotel rooms" so I said "Shit yeah!", what was I supposed to say, no because some dimwits might not like it-get real. At least he hooked up the drummer (who's great) and the bassist (who's a girl-oh yeah!) who are picking up the songs that I came up with in junior high (Russell Sage that is), yeah really hard lemme tell ya'. If you wanna see Dave Insurgent, go visit his fucking headstone and take a piss on it for all I care. but if you wanna see Reagan Youth, well that's now me and my three mates bitch. And me,what did I do, I just started and finished that band in between playing in it every single fuckin' moment. So we're a farce?, just like the Germs without Darby Crash, or the New York Dolls playing in the guise of the first David Johansen solo album (Funky but Chic). So the music's only soundin' good, but it's only been three weeks since we started playing together as a band. We practicised once a week, for free no less (thanx Pee Wee) and the songs are easy to learn, they really we're written in junior high. That's not hard work, trust me. As for whatever money I'll get who cares, you don't play punk for the money, you play to have fun and that's what I'll be having Saturday night in Jersey. And yes Dave Insurgent was the star of"Reagan Youth", but I don't fuck around on the guitar like all those other New York hardcore bands that we're mentioned up there.....bitch!
The Axe Miester, Paul Cripple
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®