Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 8, 2006 3:57 am

May just have to go to the Memphis show...

08-01 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
08-02 Asheville, NC - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
08-04 Memphis, TN - Orpheum Theatre
08-05 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
08-07 Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre
08-09 Chicago, IL - Auditorium Theatre
08-11 Detroit, MI - Opera House
08-13 Akron, OH - Akron Civic

"We need to go to Tennessee to pick up some fireworks, and someone owes me money in Kentucky," Waits said in a press release.
Posted: Jul 8, 2006 3:33 pm

someone owes me money in Kentucky

is it a midgit playing pool? Or wait, it's a diner waitress with a questionable past. No, maybe a cab driver with a plate in his head?
Posted: Jul 8, 2006 5:06 pm

Oh shit, The Civic Theatre in Akron is a beautiful old bitch.
Posted: Jul 8, 2006 5:31 pm

can't figure out where i'm gonna be.... that auditorium theatre in chicago is gorgeous...great acoustics too.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 7:26 am

Yeah, I am sooooo making the effort to see him in multiple venues. The Atlanta tickets came & went so fast, they didn't even say goodbye.
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 9:47 pm

did memphis tickets go on sale yet?
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 10:21 pm

Here's the link from the other thread about Memphis:

http://www.orpheum-memphis.com/index.cfm?page=news&id=139
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 10:40 pm

$80.00. Per. Ticket Master service charges not included...
I'm in a conundrum.
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 12:36 am

they better throw in a chocolate jesus and a t shirt for that price
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 11:11 am

I love all of you rock 'n' rollers dearly, but I will have to fight with you over tix to the show in Memphis. The girl wants to go to Graceland & see Tom Waits in Memphis & for this I swear that I will be logged into the Ticketmaster site @ 9:59 sharp on Friday morning.
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Get em Gene! I too will be logged in at that time and am scared of how many others will be too...
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 5:26 pm

Damn..Nick. I'm stuck visiting an elementary school from 9-11am tomorrow. If you can get more than two tickets for you and Lula then hook a brotha up. Bring me two tickets to the Merle cookout and I'll give you the $$. You're wearing your Daisy Dukes, right? (this is keith by the way)
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Ticket orders are limited to two per purchase...
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 6:20 pm

How the hell did he end up playing in Akron?!?
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 6:29 pm

Only $65 in Akron...
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 9:49 pm

We'll do our damnedest to get them for you, keith! We were planning on getting his and hers computer stations at the westerville library that morning. Our "high speed" connection sucks ass.
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 9:50 pm

(this is keith by the way)

HA! I didn't know that was you!

I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can hook you up! I'll be surprised if I even get tickets though. That place looks pretty small. And I'll probably have to type the ticketmaster non-word that's so stretched and dark that it's illegible...
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 9:51 pm

Oh, and I'm probably not going to wear my Daisy Dukes for Merle, but I might tie up my shirt and show a little mid-section!
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 10:10 pm

haven't bought tickets with ticketmaster in years... anyone know if it's more efficient (i.e. chance at better tickets) to buy over the phone or online?
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 10:33 pm

I would think internet's got to be the way to go at this point...
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 6:23 am

The ticket thing is vicious. I have a friend who thinks she can get tickets at a Ticketmaster outlet. Don't know about that one. Tickets are Will Call only, too boot. These just won't be poppin' up on eBay at any price.
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 6:24 am

Also, I don't know what's up with Akron, but the Civic Auditorium is a beautiful place. Tommy Shenanigan saw The Clash there in '81 or '82 & said they completely blew.
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 8:02 pm

I think the Memphis date is sold out. Less than 4 hours. I just tried to do a search for 1 ticket/any price, but no results. If you didn't get your tickets this morning, good luck. My understanding of the sales were phone/internet only. Will call tickets are picked up at the window with ID and credit card used for purchase where they will wristband you and your guest. Not all the Memphis tickets are will call, though. Just the orchestra tickets.
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Yeah. and the ticketmaster web site was royally fucked this morning, and we lost great seats (first 10 rows) 3 times, and ended up in the back of the place once they finally fixed the problem at like 10:15. Plus, on hold on the phone until after 10:30 trying to get a second set. But......we're going, and that's all that matters.
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 9:28 pm

Wait a minute, y'all are coming for the Memphis show?
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Wait a minute, y'all are coming for the Memphis show?

Naw, we're going to the Akron show. It sucks we're in the back, but I can't wait!
Posted: Jul 14, 2006 11:31 pm

Holy Fuck!!!!!! Have you seen what they're goin' for on Ebay!!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=tom+waits+ti ckets

Looks like I'm not makin' it.
Posted: Jul 15, 2006 10:31 am

The girl got worried 'cause she didn't understand that 10:00 am for Memphis meant Central time. She panicked & bought tickets for Akron. Meanwhile, I bought them for Detroit. When 11:00 EST rolled around, she snagged a pair for Memphis.

This should be 2 consecutive buck wild weekends!
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 10:03 am

How in the hell do people have tickets for the Orpheum show for sale? When the girl was on Ticketbastard.com, Will Call was the only choice she had. Do they not ask for ID at the Orpheum Will Call?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®