Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Sunday 6/25 NYC AFTERNOON show - DEMON'S CLAWS, BBQ, IMAGINARY ICONS
Posted: Jun 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Hey folks -

KILLER show Sunday afternoon in Brooklyn

Sunday 6/25 - DAYTIME SHOW

DEMON'S CLAWS - http://www.myspace.com/DemonsClaws
BBQ One Man Band - http://marksultan.com
IMAGINARY ICONS - http://myspace.com/imaginaryicons
At Magnetic Field - 97 Atlantic Avenue
Doors 4PM - EARLY SHOW...first band, 4:30...
$7 cover
Plus free B-B-QUE (the food, not the band) and DJs (Paddy Bullocks??)

Since all the band members will be there, maybe we'll here some Mind Controls too??? I hope so, they were AMAZING at the Blackout...
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:31 am

i thought mind controls was playing, i was hoping for a full set.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 3:08 am

I think they'll play, but the tour is more Demon's Claws/BBQ so we'll see...
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 7:17 pm

yes. we will play if there is time and such.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 7:22 pm

i'll beat your ass motherfucker, lookout.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm

finally a show not past my bedtime!!!
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 8:15 pm

that's what i'm sayin'!
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 8:27 pm

what time should i show up around???
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 8:35 pm

midnight?
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 3:18 pm

DJs (Paddy Bullocks??)

Me and 16 wouldn't mind spinning a short set, I mean if you have nothing against us.
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 3:53 pm

I'll take your non-reply as a "forget it."
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 4:38 pm

hey joe...unlike some people, I don't live on this board...
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 4:54 pm

You were just replying to other messages about your shows at the same time! I can't imagine you didn't check this one.
Posted: Jun 23, 2006 9:16 pm

After threatening Tom with nuclear holocaust, The Thing With Two Heads will be allowed to play a few records. We'll make sure they are totally bizarre choices you don't ever hear or have never heard. As if you needed another reason to go to a BBQ show...
Posted: Jun 25, 2006 4:21 am

Tomorrow - 4PM! see ya there...
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 6:40 am

how was it?
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 8:02 am

It was great, whudjyaexpect? Lotta fun, wish I coulda stayed longer but I hadda work. Caught all the bands though. All great... Friday too. Great show with Nikki and everyone.... need to sleep, lottsa drinking going on.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 9:48 am

those demons claws just keep getting better and better.
was piero w/ them?
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 1:02 pm

Piero was with them, and in fine form, too.

Seconding Andy, all the bands were great. It was especially great to see BBQ get the whole crowd DANCING early on.

"We are the Devil's Jaws!"
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 3:18 pm

Mark Sultan got everybody loose closing his set with three songs from the KK/ BBQ album. 16 predicted it but I told her it wouldn't happen. WOOPS!

That was the first time I heard Demon's Claws. I thought they were a.o.k. good.

I think everybody's still asleep in Casa De Bazooka, I'm at work now so who knows? I tried to get a pic of BBQ on the living room floor this morning cuz he slept with a "thing" on his head and his arm was raised and bent, like a retard's. It was a good shot but by the time I got my camera ready he rolled over.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 4:21 pm

i didn't wanna say nothin', but i played those three kkbbq songs because they were originally recorded on my second bbq album on bomp. you woulda known if you had it!
as for sleeping, i usually choose the most uncomfortable position and go with it.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 4:25 pm

i didn't wanna say nothin', but i played those three kkbbq songs because they were originally recorded on my second bbq album on bomp. you woulda known if you had it!

No shit? Leave a copy in the record racks before you go. HEE-HAWW!!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 4:27 pm

I had it but I sold it...
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Order some more, we'll pick one up for sure.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:06 pm

as for sleeping, i usually choose the most uncomfortable position and go with it.

yeah - i remember seeing you sleeping while sitting upright in a van with a laptop, balancing it all.

HI MARK. HELLO DEMONS CLAWS.

Bazooka Joe - I am so glad you finally got to see Demons Claws. Someone please tell Piero I am doing as he commanded, I am listening to good music. Always.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Mark was kissing me on the mouth for a picture yesterday that never got taken. It felt weird.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Mark, you were SLEEPING while you were playing that set?! That's incredible... Salut!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:28 pm

How many of you people have the Bomp! album? Was this ever discussed before that those songs were redone for the Goner lp? Man, I was caught sleepin' fer sure.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:46 pm

i have the bomp cd (and the dupe songs have indeed been discussed here before) -- did the bomp cd ever come out on lp?
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:47 pm

oh and oddly enough - i think i got that cd when bomp sponsored the Penetration party - so you not only snoozed - you losed!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Yeah, I wasn't surprised by that, Sleepy Joe. The BBQ Bomp! album is tops.

I'd also heard other versions of the KK&BBQ songs on mp3 awhile before that album came out. At least, I *think* they were different versions -- I don't have them at hand to go check now. But they were smokin' nonetheless.

And, man, how about that Hall & Oates show earlier in the weekend?!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:55 pm

yep yep, it's on LP.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 6:16 pm

I dunno maybe it's cause I heard the record first, but I prefer BBQ's versions as opposed to the KKBBQ ones....
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 6:59 pm

hey pheezy, I got your CD in the mail a few days ago... thanks! some cool stuff.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:46 pm

I have the Bomp lp. First I ever heard of BBQ (before I realized he was in the Spaceshits). I love that album. Great show yesterday, too! I love Magnetic Field because I get to eat at Waterfalls beforehand.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Also does anyone know who originally did that last song Demon's Claws did? Sounded something like "Kicked in the Cunt"?
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:17 pm

Chris -- glad to hear it made it to you, that the address was still good, and yeah, most of all that you dig some of it!

I need to check out Waterfalls. Food looks good from photos online. I downed an enormous burrito @ Pacifico that's still taking its toll on me. It was tasty, though. Was there free bbq @ the show & I missed it? Dang, if so.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:18 pm

Tom owes everybody burgers.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:22 pm | Edited by: pheezy

I'll gladly pay him tomorrow for a burger today.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 11:04 pm

Yeah I was all psyched for burgers =(
But the chicken shawarma was great!
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 12:43 am

Did you go to that place around the corner?
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 4:00 am

i think by free barbeque it meant pay to see bbq play
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 4:10 am

sorry 'bout the lack of burgers...had 4 shows in 6 days and found out a couple days before this show that I had to find someone to work the grill...too much...

but it was a good show, right??????
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 4:45 am

Sounded something like "Kicked in the Cunt"?

they did that in Columbus too

i don't know if its a cover or an original
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 5:25 am

its a new one...

"itch your uterus", or "itchy uterus" (or something like that) is another new jam as well...
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 3:08 pm

bazooka joe- no it's down a block or two, on the other side of the street. I stumbled across it last time BBQ was in town and it was yum-diddly-umptious.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 8:10 pm

i still wanta burger!!
Posted: Jul 5, 2006 9:12 pm

Some belated pics from the show: http://flickr.com/photos/pheezy/tags/demonsclaws/
Posted: Jul 6, 2006 6:19 am

I wanna veggie burger....mmmmmm
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®