Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / LITTLE RICHARD VS JERRY LEE LEWIS
Posted: May 2, 2006 11:04 am

THE QUEEN OF ROCK N ROLL VS THE KILLER. WHAT FUCKING MORON BOOKED THEM AT THE SAME TIME SLOTS AT SATURDAYS MEMPHIS IN MAY?!?!?!?!
IF THAT AINT BAD ENOUGH,ILL BET THAT SAME IDIOT HAS HUBERT SUMLIN AND BOOKER T PLAYING THE SAME TIME ON SUNDAY?!?!?
WHO SHOULD I DIRECT MY ANGST TOWARDS????? SERIOUSLY. GIMMIE A NAME. ILL LEAVE EM BARELY BREATHING.
Posted: May 2, 2006 11:13 am

WELL, FUCK ME THEY CHANGED IT. AFTER READING A POST ON THE "MEMPHIS" SECTION OF GONER BOARD, I WAS INFORMED THAT NOW INSTEAD OF JERRY LEE PLAYING WHILE LITTLE RICHARD IS, THE KILLER IS PLAYING DURING BO DIDDLEY'S PERFORMANCE!!!! MAYBE THIS IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE.
Posted: May 2, 2006 2:24 pm

why are you screaming???
Posted: May 2, 2006 9:47 pm

CUZ I CANT HEAR MYSELF TYPE
Posted: May 3, 2006 1:46 am

well at least you don't have to choose between the Black Crows and Steve Miller Band.
Posted: May 3, 2006 2:58 am

Seriously.
Posted: May 3, 2006 6:06 am | Edited by: Scott

Fuck! Now I have to choose between Jerry Lee Lewis and Bo Diddley. That's really not much of an imroved situation. Plus, now I have to choose between Little Richard and the Romantics.
Posted: May 3, 2006 6:22 am

choose between Little Richard and the Romantics.

I think that's an easy choice. Don't disappoint me with this choice, Scott!

between the Killer and Bo, I'm picking the Killer.
I recently saw Bo. he was sitting down the whole time. He rocked nevertheless, but I just saw him 20 months ago. I haven't seen the Killer in 20 years.
Posted: May 3, 2006 6:38 pm

i just hope nobody's paying to get in this fuckin thing SHEESH!!!!! I'd hop the fence and go see the killer and pancake #5 or whatever that flamin richard wears.at best it's little richard over little ritchie, the music fest finally got the cahonies to book some real rockin bands BOUT TIME!!!they've been cheapskatin around this one for a right long one.last year all they had was billy idol unless your a black crowes fan "HEY LITTLE THING YOU GUYS SUCK".i've gotten so use to heckleing the shit bands at these functions i suppose i'm a little shook up myself.
Posted: May 3, 2006 6:53 pm

i bet the womb raider would pick the romantics.
Posted: May 10, 2006 7:08 pm

so who beat who?
Posted: May 13, 2006 4:07 am

little richard knocked my dick into the dirt. ive seen em 5ive times and he and his band, which included travis wammack, killed.
jerry lee was fine. poor guy could barely turn his head. but richard penniman sounded glorious. he can still whoop it up. he looked sharp too. white sequin suit and shoes. 73 years old. he did "its only rock n roll" and that bob seger song. oh, he did some of his too. no tutti frutti or long tall sally, still it was amazing. good golly miss molly, miss ann, keep a knockin. made my week. signed his $20 dollar poster fur the 200 or so who bought one. nice merch sales fur that man and he deserved every penny. dont miss him.
Posted: Apr 20, 2015 9:56 pm

well, both are still alive. now what?
Posted: May 1, 2015 5:35 pm

man, i saw little richard when he was 69. it kinda hurts me to say it and i wish it wasn't true, but he fucking stunk. he could barely move, couldn't play piano for longer than about 4 seconds, and seemed much more concerned with wiping the sweat from his brow than he was with playing a show. i mean, dude was pretty old, i ain't trying to bust his chops too much, but seems unbelievable that someone could've seen him 4 years after the show i saw, and think it was a great show. hey, maybe he had an off night when i saw him. i will say that i recorded it on my pocket tape recorder, and through my jeans and a sea of people, it sounded WAAAAY better than what was really coming out of the speakers.
Posted: May 26, 2015 6:17 pm

well when I saw Jerry Lee in Memphis in 2007, he was full o' fire & brimstone.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®