Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Dear London Goners- Eating Fish and Chips with the BLACK LIPS June 28-July 2
Posted: Apr 23, 2006 6:24 pm

We will be in London from June 28th-July 2.

Wed. June 28- Arrive in London
Thurs. June 29- Play @the Dirty Water
Fri. June 30- Play @ the Old Blue Last (Vice Bar)
Sat. July 1- Play @ the Old Blue Last (Vice Bar)
Sun July 2- Fly out of London Heathrow

We are looking for a place or places to stay while we are in London.

Also, We are looking for a band to play with us on Friday and another band to play with us on Saturday.

Let us know.

......and We Thank You for Your Support.
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 7:51 am

We will now be leaving London Heathrow on Saturday July 1. We've decided to start our holidays a day early. Black Lips European tour is now officially from May 9 - June 30.
Posted: May 2, 2006 12:59 pm

The Hipshakes will play with you on the Friday if you like.
Posted: May 2, 2006 1:10 pm

I emailed the guy at the Old Blue Last about that. Just waiting for a reply.
hookorcrook
Posted: May 8, 2006 7:04 pm

May 9-June 30? Where are you going to be that first week?

I'm going to be in London this week and looking for things to do, particularly on Tuesday May 10. any London Goners lemme know what's going on this week aside from Scientists, definitely going to that but any suggestions for a good bar or something would be killer. thanks... Chris O
Posted: May 9, 2006 11:37 am

Hey Hookorcrook, come and make yerself known to us tonite, me and Joe will be DJing and my band, The Stripchords, are opening!

The Spitz serves great beer - especially De Konick - but for full-on London-type thrills, have a pre-show drink in The Ten Bells across the road, next to the church ... It's been gentrified now, but the pub was where Jack The Ripper took one of his victims fer a gin (or six) before he disembowled her!

Stripchords on at 8.30, see ya later ...
Posted: May 9, 2006 1:40 pm

We don't get to London until June 28. See yall then
Posted: May 10, 2006 2:20 am

As our Joe said to hookorcrook tonite after spotting his Goner tee - but rather drunkenly, it has to be said - "Fucking family, innit?"

Scientists ruled, Drones sounded like an Aussie versh of Eleventh Dream Day, us Stripchords played great (I think), and Slow Death was spun with Chris Wilson standing next to us, singing along (well, he be entitled) ... All in all, a good nite, and good nite to y'all, you lovely buncha sarky bastids ...
hookorcrook
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:56 am

i lost you afterwards but talked to chris wilson for a while, so crazy!! what a fun night. i will call you on friday to find out where you are playing saturday but maybe post it here too in case i am incapable, as i often am. innit!
Posted: May 10, 2006 1:28 pm

Hey!
Come down to Corn Rocket Club at Wed 28th of June. The Makeouts (Swe) (my band) are playing with the Clorox Girls (US) and The Chinese Lungs (UK/JAP). I think we'll spin some records at your Dirty Water gig too... Anyway see you there! Cheers.

jakob makeout
Posted: May 10, 2006 1:47 pm

Oh, see you in Stockholm too.
Posted: May 10, 2006 4:08 pm

Hey hookorcrook, sorry about the quick disappearing act, after spinning I'll Cry and finishing me beerl, it was offski to load equipment ... Mr Wilson izza lovely chap!

Here's the details of Saturday, come on down!

The Stripchords will be playing at top all-girl go-go troupe The Actionettes' tiki surf-themed night, Hula-Go-Go, at The Pleasure Unit in Bethnal Green, London this Saturday (May 13th). We'll be minus Jim's flicks, but with live dancers!

There'll also be serious DJ action from the likes of Evil Elvis, Marisa Starwell, and the Actionette Starlets will preface and follow The Stripchords' set.

Visit www.actionettes.com for further info.

See ya there!

The Stripchords

The Actionettes present ... Hula Go-Go!

13 May 2006

The Pleasure Unit
359 Bethnal Green Road, London, E2
Tube: Bethnal Green

7pm start, late finish
Cost: 6, mems 4
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®