Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / DOT DASH YEAR IV - July 27-29, 2006
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 6:45 am

how was white flag?
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 6:49 am

The rest of the article goes on

there is no rest of the article!
i am really bummed i missed them this time around, but i just could not be in two places at once.

anyone here see them at dot dash or at maxwell's?
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 10:06 am

If Mehlman wasn't such a pussy they might've been alright. Grow a pair of balls, new wave faggot!
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 12:31 pm

I was there and i can say that lloyd and chrome exchanged (at times) some goddam smokin' guitar riffing. for real. richard lloyd especially had the ability to completely floor me on certain songs. and the NYC crowd was ripe for the Dead Boys songs. with the first chorus of "i want you to know what love is," EVERY rocker in that room had their horns up, knowing exactly when that line was going to hit. that was cool. it was like, yeah, they're playing the song, you're recognizing it, talking to your friend beside you. then when that first chorus line came, robot-like turn to the front of the room, out of instinct, having heard that record a million times, and then up in the air! and singing along.

then the band would play these new songs (as in currently written) that would really blow, so you'd be like "man, this sucks now." but then they would come back with something as great as Sonic Reducer and the horns would go up again.

hit or miss, but the dead boys coverage was always right on.

tom and his dot dash moniker got extremely good advance press in all the NYC media outlets.

the only other show I saw was the carbonas on wednesday at maxwells, which was excellent.
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 5:37 pm

If Mehlman wasn't such a pussy they might've been alright. Grow a pair of balls, new wave faggot!

Heir ick, I'm loving Mehlman these days.... he helped me tremendously last time I shot at the Beachland. he totally didn't need to, either.
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 6:44 pm

Maxwells was an identical set list, but tamer because the crowd wasn't nearly as enthusiastic. I sincerely hope they don't go into a studio and record those new songs. I've now seen RFTT 5 times (including flying out to LA for their first, and what was supposed to be only, reunion show) and have to say this tour isn't as good because those new songs are such a buzzkill. If nothing else, it's still worth seeing for 30 Seconds, Solution, and Sonic Reducer. But please no "Romeo & Juliet" (a new, plodding, 5-minute ballad.)
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 6:51 pm

I heard lots of complaints from people that thought they were sloppy and uninspired. I dunno, I really enjoyed them. They weren't as good as they were at Maxwell's a few years ago, but it was still great to hear them play their old tunes. That Maxwell's show I saw was one of the best concerts I've ever seen, so it'd be hard to match.
Posted: Aug 1, 2006 8:55 pm

sincerely hope they don't go into a studio and record those new songs

Sorry, dude, they is. Yeah, I know, I know.

Heir ick, I'm loving Mehlman these days,thatnew wave faggot!
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®