Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / BLACKOUTFEST IN ATHENS, OH - 4/20-4/22 - The Union
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:48 pm

From MYSPACE:

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING BANDS...

THE REIGNING SOUND, GRIS GRIS, BLACK SUNDAY, THE CRACKPIPES, THE KNAUGHTY KNIGHTS, THEE SHAMS, TOUGH AND LOVELY, THE PREACHER'S KIDS, BRIAN GLAZE

MORE BANDS TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SOON!

ABOUT 15 OF EM!

It don't get much better than that, kids.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 4:12 pm

The same week as the Fatals/Rat Traps/Cheater Slicks show! This is going to be a rockin week, indeed! And I'm pretty sure Fatals and Rat Traps will be in Athens that Tuesday before this for you folks down there.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 6:19 pm

whats the official myspace page for Blackout?
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 7:18 pm

I can't get on at work, but I'll post it for you later. Unless Nick does it first.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 7:47 pm

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:25 pm

thanks!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm

Anyone know if it's possible the Black Lips will be/have been added to this lineup? Nick just told me they were in blackoutfest's "top eight" on myspace, which leads me to believe........well, you know. Any info would be appreciated, cuz, that would be the best thing ever.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:17 pm

Yeah, I am going to try to go to this one!!! Woohoo!!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 9:38 am

sure don't say nothin' like where to stay or how to get there or when it will be..fuck my space and bring on the info right here with plenty of easy to reach links..
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 12:46 pm

no rooms in any hotels in the city..what you do book this thing on some big weekend at college?
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:22 pm

no rooms in any hotels in the city..what you do book this thing on some big weekend at college?

Wait, aren't you supposed to be homeless or something? Have you ever been to Athens? There's a couch on every porch and noone gets up until after noon! Lord knows I've slept on a few porch couches down there...
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 5:56 am

supposed to be homeless
I have multipersonalities and mutillogin names
I did hitch once through Yellow Springs
I been to Columbus
I rode through southern Ohio into Kt
but my multi millionair dot com personality
likes to stay in a hotel...and April ain't porch sleepin'
weather in anybody's book
if I see you, I'll have a sign that will read
"Hey Nick, lets do'a couple of 40s"
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 6:36 pm

I may come down for Friday and Saturday.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 7:46 pm

"Hey Nick, lets do'a couple of 40s"

Now you're talking! ANd now I want to know who you really are!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:51 pm

Yeah, I am going to try to go to this one!!! Woohoo!!

Wendy, the Slicks aren't playing this one, are they?

Are you making it for the Chicago Blackout?
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:48 am

now I want to know who you really
"I'm a joker,
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
...."
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 8:44 pm

I just looked on the MySpace page again and the Black Lips are on the list of bands to play now! Yeah!

And Grafton was added to the list too!
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Viva L'American Death Ray also added!
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 6:36 am

selling tickets in advance???
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 1:04 pm

selling tickets in advance???

They usually do, but only at the club! You may want to email them. Last year's lineup was just as good and there was no problems getting tickets any of the nights though. Nothing like this Chicago business...
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 8:30 am

That's true. Cheater Slicks are not playing the Athens, OH Blackout Fest, but they are playing in Chicago w/Dead Moon & Oblivians, though, I don't think on the same night.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 7:51 pm

Anybody know the schedule for this? What bands which days, etc.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 8:13 pm

Anybody know the schedule for this? What bands which days, etc.

No! It's less than 3 weeks away and I would think they would have by now. Are you going to try to make it this year?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 1:21 am

if anybody finds out what the line-up is, please post
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 2:22 am

i think they're still booking it.......cuz someone called joe just last week to ask us to play....we can't though....
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:35 pm

from the blackoutfest myspace...

STILL WAITING ON A COUPLE CONFIRMATIONS BUT HERE'S WHAT WE'VE GOT COOKING...

THURSDAY - THE PREACHER'S KIDS, THE HIGH STRUNG, TOUGH AND LOVELY, POWER TO THE PEEPHOLE, THE MAKEBELIVES, RED DAHLIA, AND RAT BRAINS (still more to come...)

FRIDAY - GRIS GRIS, BLACK LIPS, BLACK SUNDAY, BRIAN GLAZE, DROPDEAD SONS, THE FEELERS, WHEELS ON FIRE, LOADED REVULVAS (still more to come...)

SATURDAY - THE REIGNING SOUND, THIS MOMENT IN BLACK HISTORY, THE CRACKPIPES, DEMONS CLAWS, GRAFTON, WE MARCH, DRAGLINE BROS, GENERAL STACKS (still more tba very soon!)
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 12:19 am

Shit, if there's room in the Gris Gris van I might come down to this.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 7:22 am

I had a blast with Greg, Brian, & co. in Columbus. I hope to see them in Athens.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 2:35 pm

anyone know how much tickets are and about what time it gets started on friday night?
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 3:26 pm

the latest update says reigning sound cancelled
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 3:45 pm

anyone know how much tickets are and about what time it gets started on friday night?

It usually starts around 8 I think. The tickets were $8 a night or $20 for all 3 nights last year, so I can't imagine it being too much more than that.
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 4:20 pm

thanks
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 5:10 pm

Gris Gris, Black Lips, and Feelers together sounds beautiful!!!
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 1:28 pm

The just posted a revised schedule (where's American Death Ray???).

THURSDAY - THE PREACHER'S KIDS, THE HIGH STRUNG, TOUGH AND LOVELY, POWER TO THE PEEPHOLE, THE MAKEBELIVES, WE MARCH, RED DAHLIA, AND RAT BRAINS

FRIDAY - GRIS GRIS, BLACK SUNDAY, BRIAN GLAZE, DROPDEAD SONS, THE FEELERS, WHEELS ON FIRE, LOADED REVULVAS (still more to come...)

SATURDAY - THE BLACK LIPS, THIS MOMENT IN BLACK HISTORY, THE CRACKPIPES, GRAFTON, DRAGLINE BROS, LITTLE DARLINS, GENERAL STACKS (still more tba very soon!)
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 1:53 pm

OK, it looks like they got rid of the TBAs, so this must be the final line up...

THURSDAY - THE PREACHER'S KIDS, THE HIGH STRUNG, POWER TO THE PEEPHOLE, NECROPOLIS, THE MAKEBELIVES, WE MARCH, RED DAHLIA, AND RAT BRAINS

FRIDAY - GRIS GRIS, BLACK SUNDAY, BRIAN GLAZE, TOUGH AND LOVELY, DROPDEAD SONS, THE FEELERS, WHEELS ON FIRE, LOADED REVULVAS , THE SNAILS

SATURDAY - THE BLACK LIPS, THIS MOMENT IN BLACK HISTORY, THE CRACKPIPES, GRAFTON, DRAGLINE BROS, LITTLE DARLINS, GENERAL STACKS and SHOTGUN FOR ROYALTY
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 8:27 pm

I'm torn as to whether I should go. Can't really afford to miss work, but it'd be a hell of a last hurrah. Fuck fuck fuck.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 7:11 am

I would doubt there's room w/Gris Gris & Brian Glaze. 4 of them are driving a Hyundai & the other 2 are in a completely crammed full mini-van in which there are only 2 seats. Maybe they can strap you to a hood like a dead dear?
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:07 pm

Nah, they said I could get a ride, but I think I gotta stay and work. Fuckin A.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 7:41 am

j fred, you should be able to make it....just finish the posters tonight and gris gris yr ass back to ohio..........before it's too late!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 4:24 pm

Rat Brains! like the name!
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:23 pm

ms. t, will you be there for the duration slinging artwork or just for the opening? i didn't know about the show w/ tracy until today, can't wait!!!
Posted: Apr 24, 2006 9:10 pm

So, good times, I take it?
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 2:48 pm

My favorites: Preacher's Kids, Feelers, Grafton, Dropdead Sons.

A lot of shit went wrong (Black Lips had to cancel), but it was definitely a good time.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 7:17 am

mine - Black Sunday
High Strung
Crack Pipes
Preacher's Kids
Make Believes
Gris Gris
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 7:18 am

B! Are you going?
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 7:46 am

i came, i saw, i went to sleep

i can't get tix for the chicago thing
but Athens Ohio was like a
midget Austin Tx.
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 7:52 am

oh crap...yeah...i guess it's ova.
me dummy, no look-y

XO!
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 2:41 pm

The High Strung? Really?? I was in pain during that one...

Good to meet you though "Tet!" You know how to sling a 40!
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 1:47 am

My top 6 (in no particular order):
Feelers, Gris Gris, Dropdead Sons, Black Sunday, Crack Pipes, Grafton
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 4:06 am

The High Strung
"He's a Real Meal Ticket"
had thee most "housewife appeal".
I so dug the band I gave them 4 cds of
UK Nuggets from a burn of the box set I made
and listened to on the way from Pittsburgh to
Athens

and Nick, you got be "atonal" damaged
too much antipop college radio???
+ $5 for double Makers Mark on ice
that Union place is ok in Tet's book
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®