Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Bloodshot Bill Plays House Party In East Atlanta, Sunday 2-12
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 4:37 pm

Party starts at 9:00 at 684 Brownwood Ave., corner of Brownwood and Pickens. No cover, but bring your own beer.
And be sure to pick it up tonight!!!!
Posted: Feb 12, 2006 12:23 am

Ok, I got a keg, we are set to PARTY!!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 11:42 am

so, how was it? wish i would've known about this sooner........could've blown up from the roost!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 11:04 pm

Total Fucking Blast!!! Great, great night! Bill played, Johnny Knox joined in, lots of great covers and originals, two coffee tables were destroyed, a bunch of good lookin' broads, fucking great. It did come together at the last minute, and so did this: Bloodshot Bill tonight at the Earl!!

I'll put up some pics as soon as I get them.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 11:40 pm

who are you??????? by the way this is chad. lemme see dem pics...of the broads!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 1:53 am

Click my "Member" and then go to my myspace. I'm friends with all of the Die Slautherhaus crew here in Atlanta. I think we've met, maybe through Alix. It's gonna take a bit to get the pics up, two of the broads that we're taking them are having some sort of software issues with their camera, one of them is traveling w/ Bloodshot, so she won't be able to get it together until she gets back home I think. There's some real cool ones, though, just keep an eye out right here.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 11:08 am

Bloodshot Rules!!

Just finished up another incredible evening!! Bill played his gig over at the Earl, which was actually just a Valentines themed art show, so everyone was there to look at that and buy gifts. Bloodshot Bill kinda just piggy backed onto the entertainment portion of the night, but then he pulled out a set of love songs that had the place jumping and shoutin'. It was a real mixed crowd, but this guy got everyone into it instantly!!

Then we sit down for some drinks and Bloodshot mentions that Knox said that he was gonna be playing this pick-up blues jam session at this crusty old bar on the other side of town, Northside Tavern. WTF, Johnny Knox is an ace guitar player with tons of style, why would he be spending time over in this dump thats known to be filled with rapists and letchers!! Ok, its not especially known for that, but that's who was there tonight, and it wasn't a big suprise. So it's kind of weird, but after Knox and Bloodshot's incredible 2 hour jam the night before I'm thinking, "Yeah, let's go show these bitches some real rock and roll!!" So Bill throws his guitar in my truck, we all pile in and headed over there.

So we walk into the bar and guess what? Everyone is immediately hassleing the women who came with, but also, Knox is on stage pulling off crazy shit, on drums, with this old black man and some cheesy GA Tech kid with a five string bass. The old dude was really cool though, and turned out to be an interesting blues guitar player, so we let the girls fend for themselves for a little while and rocked out in front of the club. Other regulars were runnin' around and doing some crazy things (the blues Flava Flav), but the some of the older jerks didn't really take to my bouncing around. Mostly it was just hard stares from some old guy who wants to sit down in the front while he listens to a cover of "Crossroads."

Well, once Johnny whipped out his guitar and totally shreded some cool songs it was obvious that he ruled this jam session, and I guess he just loves to play so much that he wants to hang out at Northside Tavern with these people on a Monday night. So he finished up in a few minutes and announced Bloodshot Bill from Montreal right away. There were these other guys waiting to play, but Johnny just put Bill right in the middle of them, and stepped off the stage to hang out with us!! There's some middle aged guy on bass who ended up being pretty inconsequential, and and this old black guy who was sitting down on a chair playing a bunch of cliche blues riffs. So Bill sits in behind the drums with his guitar, and the old guy is like, "What the hell is this?" and asks him what they're gonna play, then rolls his eyes when Bloodshot Bill goes "DUM-DE-DA-DA DUM-DE-DA-DA" a couple times on his guitar in a rockabilly style.

But then Bloodshot jumps on the kick drum and high hat and blasts into his one man band thing with these two guys looking at each other and trying to catch up. They did, though, and the guitar player got it and provided some good leads that kind of contrasted but still embellished Bloodshot's music. He did three or four songs, and the people that appreciate music enough to stand up and move around when there's a decent band on stage got excited were won over, a few of the hardcore jerks were still just glaring, and an old couple left. I think he did a few of his tunes and I know he ended with "Action Packed" and it sounded great, and the whole thing was just crazy 'cause we took this guy to Northside Tavern to play!! Johnny Knox got back on stage, and ended up stealing most of the thunder, but he is also a great player, and it seems like he is King there. Then we fled!!

So now I've seen this guy, who I've just found out about and met, playing in three different settings. He played as a one man band at a couple regular gigs, he ripped a bunch of improved stuff and covers at my house party (and I couldn't belive how well him and Knox played together on their first time!), and he sat in at the junky blues night at Northside Tavern, and I gotta say that this guy is talented, and easy going, and just loves to play so much that he did all he did, with all these different people this weekend. And tomorrow night we're all going over to Athens to rock to the Reigning Sound!! Yes!! Thank you Bloodshot Bill, thank you Lollie for introducing me, and Hera, I think I'm real lucky to have met and gotten to hang out with you!

Goto his shows if he comes to your town, and buy his records if you like good music!!

Sorry I said "Jam session" so many times.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:09 pm

i told you bloodshot bill was the SHIT. why doesn't anyone ever listen to me? i'm always right when it comes to what's good. Bloodshot Bill is the goddamn JAM MAN.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®