Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Rat Traps US tour for spring.......help us with shows!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 4:39 am

4/8 = Jackson, MS
4/9 = New Orleans, LA

w/ the fatals (most of these shows are already in the works)
4/10 = Houston, TX
4/11 = Austin, TX
4/12 = Denton, TX
4/13 = Dallas, TX
4/14 = Memphis, TN
4/15 = Atlanta, GA
4/16 = Nashville, TN
4/17 = Columbus, OH
4/18 = Athens, OH
4/19 = West Lafayette, IN
4/20 = Chicago, IL
4/21 = Kalamazoo, MI
4/22 = Detroit, MI
4/23 = Cleveland, OH
4/24 = Pittsburgh, PA
4/25 = Buffalo, NY
4/26 = New York, NY
4/27 = Hoboken, NJ or NYC
4/28 = Boston, MA

these are all tenative........and we probably need help getting the show!
possibly with jeff novak omb?
4/29 = Canada (Quebec)
4/30 = Canada (Quebec)
5/1 = Canada (Quebec or Ontario)
5/2 = Canada (Ontario)
5/3 = Canada (Ontario) or Toledo, OH?
5/4 = Milwaukee, WI
5/5 = Green Bay, WI
5/6 = Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
5/7 = Fargo, ND
5/8 = Missoula, MT
5/9 = Spokane, WA
5/10 = Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA
5/11 = Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA
5/12 = Portland, OR
5/13 = Reno, NV
5/14 = Oakland or San Franciso, CA
5/15 = Los Angeles, CA
5/16 = Riverside, CA
5/17 = San Diego, CA
5/18 = Las Vegas, NV
5/19 = Phoenix, AZ
5/20 = Albuquerque, NM
5/21 = Denver, CO
5/22 = Omaha/Lincoln, NE
5/23 = Des Moines, IA
5/24 = OFF Chicago
5/25 = OFF Chicago
5/26 = OFF Chicago
5/27 = OFF Chicago
5/28 = Louisville, KY
5/29 = Memphis, TN

we've never been to the west coast........so any info on how your past shows in these cities have gone would be appreciated.....

feel free to email me off the board if you can help in any of these cities!

aprilnovak78 at yahoo.com

thanks!!!!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 7:19 am

you're completely skipping Utah...i'm crying inside
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 7:25 am

Damn! 4 days off in Chicago?!?! what the?
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:23 am | Edited by: levon

Contact me about Vancouver, dudez. theeladiesnight@yahoo.com
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 8:02 pm

Damn! 4 days off in Chicago?!?! what the?

if you look at the dates, you'll understand.

you're completely skipping Utah...i'm crying inside

i was trying so hard to figure out how to fit it in...........maybe something will change........
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 8:40 pm

Can't believe both NY area shows are on weeknights. I guess we'll be going to the Thursday show and having a three day weekend!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:14 pm

god i hate you guys.
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:14 pm

god i love you guys.
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm

FARGO!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:17 pm

dude, hook us up with a fargo contact! we're going there to find out about the "real" jg.......

hey bazooka..........you guys should ride up to the boston show if the fatals have room in their van!! i think they're driving back to nyc the next day...........
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:18 pm

also, jg........you guys are invited to come with us if you want!! it would make things much more fun.......i read that article in the columbus paper about you guys..........apparently you know how to party!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:19 pm

"if you look at the dates, you'll understand."

Oh yeah - duh.
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:31 pm

article in the columbus pape

Link?!?!?
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:33 pm

i don't know if it's online........i actually have a copy of the paper. maybe i can xerox it for you though........
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:44 pm

there IS a place to play in fargo. i'll get you the guy's contact info if you're really interested
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:48 pm

HEY APRIL!!!!
Check your email. This guy will most likely help!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 9:54 pm

thanks jg.....i'll send him a message........

one change already......

5/16 = San Diego, CA
5/17 = Riverside, CA
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 11:00 pm

April, just sent you some Missoula, MT contact info.
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 7:19 pm

hola

it's vince fatal
we need help for booking this places
4/19 = West Lafayette, IN
4/24 = Pittsburgh, PA
4/25 = Buffalo, NY
4/27 = Hoboken, NJ or NYC

if you wanna news songs go to yakisakana.tk
or http://the.fatals.free.fr/menu.htm

see you soon
vince posadzki
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 7:23 pm

vince

i got that lafayette show going on, i emailed jared details about it. you can email me if you want at - cwgrosso@purdue.edu.
see ya in april
grosso
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 7:26 pm

hey vince, pittsburgh is already taken care of too......stevebeat is supposed to get back to me with a confirmation soon

i think that rich is taking care of buffalo.........he just emailed me the other day to confirm the date

isn't tom taking care of nyc? if not, several people have emailed me offering to set up a show.........email me off the board if you need me to talk to them about it.
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:20 pm

hola april

for new york and hoboken,tom give help..but no news..
i have resend email last week end and no news.

this week i wish!

thanks

vince
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:45 pm

Assuming Clevo is gonna be at Beachland? Lemme know if you need anything.
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:47 pm | Edited by: april n

yeah, i think it's at beachland with this moment in black history
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:54 pm

That's mind-blowing. They never play. Just kidding. Really.
Posted: Jan 30, 2006 10:56 pm

they have it listed as beachland ballroom.........it's probably at the tavern though, right?
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 8:32 am

portland should be easy.
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 9:31 am

i still hate you guys
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 9:32 am

i still love you guys
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 6:02 pm

portland should be easy.

my old roommate lives there so he's supposed to organizing something.......do you know john wilkerson?
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 6:31 pm

Vince...relax

I emailed you a while ago about Thurs 4/27 so it is taken care - I have a hold @ Cakeshop and will confirm it asap...

I emailed Maxwells for 4/26, but might be tough, will look at other stuff...maybe Brooklyn
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 7:13 pm

no, i don't know him. but that's good. let me know if you need any help. i also have a house you can crash at.
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 8:47 pm

i think we're gonna do oakland on 5/13 instead of reno now.

anyone got any advice on the dates between phoenix and chicago? this is the only part that's not really coming together.....what about north texas?
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 1:41 am

i think we're gonna do oakland on 5/13 instead of reno now.

If you haven't already, try the Stork Club in Oakland. It's a fun club. Maybe we can even play with ya'all.
http://www.storkcluboakland.com/booking.html
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 2:16 pm

hey fatals! ghetto ways would be happy to help you out in town. we're still licking our wounds from the ass-kicking you gave us at the pits. we want a rematch! pure love, dudes. plus, L O V E for the rat traps.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 4:11 pm

if you guys decide you want to come through lawrence kansas, i may be able to help set up a show. there are plenty of venues, and a friend of mine used to set up shows for bands coming through.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 4:14 pm

hey april! where is the detroit show? bohemian by any chance??? that would rule the school.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 5:09 pm

hey april! where is the detroit show? bohemian by any chance??? that would rule the school.

hmm........they haven't told me yet.......all i told them is that we wouldn't play at the painted lady.......
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 6:46 pm

you guys and the fatals would love the bohemian. it's this former neighborhood social hall turned artist commune/art space in this brokedown neighborhood in the D. the place where the bands play is this big old ballroom with a school play style stage with basketball hoops in the next room. good times.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:36 pm

i think we're gonna do oakland on 5/13 instead of reno now

dang...i was gonna try to make that one
are you gonna go through reno at all?
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 8:49 pm

dang...i was gonna try to make that one
are you gonna go through reno at all?

man i feel bad........we're fucking you left and right! i emailed pete from slovenly cuz he said that if we ever wanted a show in reno to contact him, but he never wrote me back.....then some people in san francisco and oakland were saying we should play both and are helping us with the shows so i decided that would be better.......less gas too.
Posted: Feb 1, 2006 9:22 pm

yeah...oh well
you got a place to play in UT if you need one
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 1:02 am

Did you try the Larimer Lounge in Denver? If that's a no-go, try these places:

http://www.nipp.com/venue

http://www.sodajerkpresents.com/venues.php

I can't vouch for these as the Larimer is the only good place I've been to out there but it does put just about every possibility right in front of you.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 2:18 am

5/16 = Riverside, CA

DO NOT PLAY RIVERSIDE, I REPEAT.....there's nothing out there.

play Long Beach instead at Alex's Bar or in LA....contact Gore at the Scene
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 2:19 am

or Harolds Bar in San Pedro.....lots of bands are starting to play there....good scene going on
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 2:30 am | Edited by: april n

we're already playing in LA at the scene on the 15th with guilty hearts and the lamps

we're playing riverside because one of my really good friends lives there and books shows. he would kill me if we didn't do a show with him. i'm sure it will be ok.

i do still need a contact for san diego.....do you know anyone there, or should we do it somewhere else?
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 2:45 am

scolari's office or the liars club in san diego might work.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 3:44 am

Hay April! When it comes to the great NW,there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't do bizniz w/ Boss Foss at The Funhouse! He's pretty much the only promoter type up there dialed in w/ the Goner,um,"conciousness". OK that adjective was a bit Hippie but y'all should definitely do a show w/him:myfatassproductions@yahoo.com is his addy i think,i'm sure other Seattleites can get it right if i didn't.

I'll also help you guys get a show in Portland too... couldn't hurt! Let me know if you need my bookin' services, Thanks!
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 4:38 am

he actually contacted me! the show is confirmed at funhouse.......most likely we're playing with the fe fi fo fums.

i don't know if anything is confirmed in portland yet, but i do have someone working on it. thanks though!
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 8:21 pm

Peter Scolari rules.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 8:32 pm

scolari's office or the liars club in san diego might work.

got an email address?

hey joe p, jeff just emailed me saying that he wished the silverkings could play with us in seattle........are you guys doing shows?? would you wanna play that night? if so, i'll talk to brian about it.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:00 pm

Checking on the Louisville date. I'll let ya know soon.
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 1:11 am

http://www.myspace.com/scolarisoffice

don't have one for liar's club, i'll ask my old roommate if she can provide one.
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 5:23 am

just got the new fatals 10" in.
http:www/floridasdying.com
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 7:37 pm | Edited by: april n

ok, here's our canadian plans......

4/29 = Sherbrooke, QC
4/30 = Quebec City, QC
5/1 = Montreal, QC
5/2 = Ottawa, ON
5/3 = Toronto, ON
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 12:16 am

contact dan burke at the silver dollar in toronto

he provides drugs, booze and he dances like a fuckin' tweaker.

all around great guy!
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 12:22 am

What are you, stupid?
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:49 am

Ape,i was thinking of putting together a show with the Rat Traps,either with us or with some other bands most likely at the Tonic (King Khan & BBQ Show was there) or maybe some where else if i can swing it... i'll get on that! Any PDXans with other venue suggestions let me know.I wish i could book you guys an All Ages show too but there probably won't be enough time if you guys have to drive to Reno by the next night.

If you wanna talk to Brian about booking us at The Funhouse that would be cool,but i'm still too embarassed to try to book a Silver Kings show there ourselves. Our current drummer is moving to Austrailia at the end of Feb,i think we could get someone else by then but it could be as stinky of a performance given the last time we were there. Hence my apprehension. But if you wanted to set that up we'd do the show definitely!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:55 am

i think that john already has a venue for us in portland......i'm not sure exactly what's confirmed though. i know he asked the clorox girls to play, but they're gonna be out of town.......maybe he's asking the hunches too. i'll try to find out.

i'll email brian and see if you guys can get on the funhouse show. i know that there are already 3 bands (rat traps, jnomb, and fe fi fo fums), but hopefully he can add you guys on there too.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 1:53 am

holy shit joe - screw you!
YOU ARE PLAYING!
the last kings gig on turkey day was fugging great!
i don't care how ya do it, but do it!!!!

and hey, i hope you know the Spits are booked at the Funhouse on sat 2/25 - crash at my house, i hope i see ya bucko!

If you wanna talk to Brian about booking us at The Funhouse that would be cool,but i'm still too embarassed to try to book a Silver Kings show there ourselves. Our current drummer is moving to Austrailia at the end of Feb,i think we could get someone else by then but it could be as stinky of a performance given the last time we were there. Hence my apprehension. But if you wanted to set that up we'd do the show definitely!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 2:12 am

awesome.....i guess i don't have to email you after all.......
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 3:45 am

feel free to email me any time, just to say 'hi'!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 10:37 pm | Edited by: malaise

I can help with Omaha/Lincoln. If you need a venue and lineup, email me at danielcroix@yahoo.com. I can get Brimstone Howl, Terminals, The Shanks, etc. depending on what the bands have going on. I'm not sure if Liz is already involved or not either...
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 10:50 pm

yeah, i talked to liz......she was kinda negative about the date since it's a monday. i'm still trying to figure out stuff for the dates around it though. we just recently did some shows with the brimstone howl here in tennessee so we'd really like to come through there........this last week of shows is the only place i'm having a problem with.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 3:16 pm

I'm not sure what the Autodramatics have going on but maybe they could do the Des Moines show or have that moved to Iowa City? Well, if you need help let me know.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 10:54 pm

Bri,May should be plenty of time for us to be ready to get a new drummer and play that Funhouse show... Portland too,hint hint!!!

So who's this John guy? Is he your tour booker? It'll be cool to see you guys play w/Clorox Girls,one of the most underrated bands in town but they play every 20 minutes here and still manage to get a crowd! Good choice.

I'll do what it takes to get the RTraps booked at a good pretension-free venue in PDX no matter what! You'll be playing Berbati's Pan or Dante's over my living,bummed out body.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 11:10 pm

john is joe t and my old drummer that lives in portland. we used to be roommates in college. he plays/ed in from ashes rise. clorox girls can't play though cuz they'll be on tour. i'm not sure who else he asked, but i'll ask him if silverkings can play too.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 11:27 pm

April, you posted 22 comments in here. Everything ok?
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 1:27 am

April, April 9th is confirmed for the Circle Bar. Wrote it on the calendar myself.
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 1:38 am

thanks michael! who are you getting to play with us?
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 9:16 pm

So, April - did you still want to make that show Tuesday in Omaha? I can check out somethig for that Monday but was under the impression that you prefered Tues. Just let me know - I can still probably get you some action.
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 9:23 pm

monday is actually best for us i think.....is the show gonna suck?
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 10:59 pm

where you playing in nashville?

i'll try and whip up a nice fancy poster for ya if you so desire.
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 11:26 pm

we're playing at Dinos (maybe Dino's) in east nashville. i'm still working on maybe adding one more band though. right now it's The Fatals, Rat Traps, and Party Cannon. that would be awesome if you made a poster!!!!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 2:32 pm

April ,

I've got a place for 5/28 , Lisa's Oak St. Lounge. No local band yet , but will get back with you. Is Jeff doing OMB also or is it just the Rat Traps? just making sure.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 3:43 pm

I haven't been contacted by John yet but you also said we're playing w/ ya's in PDX. Does he need contact info for me? Lemme know!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:19 pm

Just realized that I'm playing the night you guys are gonna be here. Fuckin A.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:06 pm

could you give us your info for these towns/clubs? thanks
j_machamer@hotmail.com

5/4 = Milwaukee, WI
5/5 = Green Bay, WI
5/6 = Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
5/7 = Fargo, ND
5/8 = Missoula, MT
5/9 = Spokane, WA
5/23 = Des Moines, IA
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:30 pm

Shit, I'm gonna be out of town for the Milwaukee show but I'm gonna try to catch a ride with Master Heartache up for the Green Bay show the next night--you guys are playing with some killer bands in GB (MH and Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones)! Hope to see you then.

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:21 pm

joe danger did you settle on a date for milwaukee? haven't heard from you in a while, until this...
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 11:12 pm

April ,

I've got a place for 5/28 , Lisa's Oak St. Lounge. No local band yet , but will get back with you. Is Jeff doing OMB also or is it just the Rat Traps? just making sure.

shit.....hold off........i think we might drop those last 2 days cuz i'm gonna be going on tour with another band and that is possibly getting moved up to starting the weekend of the chicago blackout

I haven't been contacted by John yet but you also said we're playing w/ ya's in PDX. Does he need contact info for me? Lemme know!

i need to email him.....or call him.........i haven't heard from him in awhile. i'm gonna get it figured out in the next week or two.

Just realized that I'm playing the night you guys are gonna be here.
Fuckin A.

shit! what band are you in?? cancel and come party with us!! maybe you could get added to our bill? i don't really know anything about the show............do you know if we're playing in the tavern? the fatals list said the ballroom and that doesn't seem right.

Shit, I'm gonna be out of town for the Milwaukee show but I'm gonna try to catch a ride with Master Heartache up for the Green Bay show the next night--you guys are playing with some killer bands in GB (MH and Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones)! Hope to see you then.

who is master heartache........i thought plastic pets were playing......
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 11:18 pm

We (the Touch-Me-Nots) are playing with ya'all at the show at the Stork Club in Oakland. Yeah! Thanks for the hook up, April!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 11:53 pm

yeah, i meant to email you to let you know that you were playing.......carlos said he's gonna try to get the hamboogers or the flakes to play as well and it's gonna be an afternoon bbq type of deal.....sounds fun!!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 2:29 am

here's what i have so far.....

3/17 = Austin, TX @ Beerland (show starts @ 1pm) w/ Reatards, Tokyo Electron, Carbonas, Digital Leather, Final Solutions, and Angry Angles
3/18 = Austin, TX @ Longbranch Inn (show starts @ 7pm) w/ Cococoma, Ape Shits, Headache City, King Louie & the Loose Diamonds, Okmoniks, Dutch Masters, Feelers, and Marked Men
3/22 = Memphis, TN @ TBA w/ Feelers and River City Tanlines

4/8 = Jackson, MS @ Martins w/ JNOMB, Honey Rolls & Los Buddies
4/9 = New Orleans, LA @ Circle Bar w/ JNOMB

w/ the fatals (most of these shows are already in the works)
4/10 = Houston, TX @ Walters w/ the Skullening and Mr. Electric
4/11 = Austin, TX @ Beerland w/ the Crackpipes and John Schooley's OMB
4/12 = Denton, TX @ J & J's Pizza w/ the Gash and Daniel Francis Doyle
4/13 = Dallas, TX @ TBA
4/14 = Memphis, TN @ the buccaneer w/ the Barbaras
4/15 = Atlanta, GA @ the star bar w/ Black Lips
4/16 = Nashville, TN @ dinos w/ Party Cannon
4/17 = Columbus, OH @ cafe bourbon st w/ Cheater Slicks
4/18 = TBA OH????
4/19 = West Lafayette, IN @ zooleggers w/ Profits
4/20 = Chicago, IL @ the subterranean w/ Busy Signals
4/21 = Kalamazoo, MI @ kraftbrau w/ Throbbin' Urges
4/22 = Detroit, MI @ TBA
4/23 = Cleveland, OH @ beachland w/ This Moment in Black History
4/24 = Pittsburgh, PA @ howler's cafe w/ Radio Beats
4/25 = TBA???
4/26 = Hoboken, NJ @ maxwell's
4/27 = New York, NY @ cakeshop
4/28 = Boston, MA @ the abbey w/ the Spitzz and Secret Hearts

these are all tenative........and we probably need help getting the show!
possibly with jeff novak omb?
4/29 = Sherebrooke, QC @ TBA with JNOMB & Jenny et la Pin Ups
4/30 = Quebec City, QC @ TBA w/ JNOMB and the Aversions
5/1 = Montreal, QC @ TBA with JNOMB, Demon's Claws and the Aversions
5/2 = Ottawa, ON
5/3 = Toronto, ON @ TBA w/ Leather Uppers
5/4 = Milwaukee, WI
5/5 = Green Bay, WI @ the Main Stage w/ JNOMB and Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones
5/6 = Minneapolis @ basement show w/ JNOMB & the Retainers
5/7 = Fargo, ND @ the Aquarium w/ JNOMB & Les Dirty Frenchmen
5/8 = Missoula, MT
5/9 = Spokane, WA
5/10 = Seattle, WA @ the Funhouse w/ JNOMB, Fe Fi Fo Fums & the Silverkings
5/11 = Vancouver, BC @ the Marine Club w/ JNOMB & Ladies Night
5/12 = Portland, OR
5/13 = San Francisco, CA @ the Knockout w/ JNOMB & the Husbands
5/14 = Oakland, CA @ the Stork Club w/ JNOMB, Touch Me Nots, and more TBA
5/15 = Los Angeles, CA @ the Scene w/ JNOMB, the Lamps and the Guilty Hearts
5/16 = San Diego, CA @ the Tower Bar w/ JNOMB
5/17 = Riverside, CA
5/18 = Las Vegas, NV
5/19 = Phoenix, AZ @ Ky's Place w/ JNOMB & Tokyo Electron
5/20 = Albuquerque, NM
5/21 = Denver, CO
5/22 = Lincoln, NE @ Chatterbox w/ JNOMB and the Terminals
5/23 = Des Moines, IA
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 3:28 am

4/28 = Boston, MA @ the abbey w/ the Spitzz and Secret Hearts

FUCK I'm gonna be outta town...didn't know the Secret Hearts were still playing shows, thats cool
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 3:57 am

well, megan is flying up for that one show
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:38 am

April--I don't know the entire bill for the Green Bay show. I heard the Plastic Pets or Monitors were going to be asked a while back but maybe they couldn't do it because I haven't seen them mentioned in regards to that show lately. Master Heartache is kinda B.O.C. epic-but-not-really 70's rock and they cover Stevie Wonder instead of Skrewdriver so that'll have to do. Green Bay shows have been known to get a BIT chaotic regarding bookings but you guys will do fine.

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 2:00 pm

shit.....hold off........i think we might drop those last 2 days cuz i'm gonna be going on tour with another band and that is possibly getting moved up to starting the weekend of the chicago blackout

Just let me know. I can cancel anytime. May be leaving the city by then anyway.

Hey will you email me your address. I've lost it and hve a package for you.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 3:39 pm

You know,i just posted about not getting contacted by John and sure enough i go to the store in my block and he pulls up and tells me about the show! It's gonna be goin' on May 12th at the Know,a bar on NE Alberta for those locals that are unaware of its location. Here's the lineup:

RAT TRAPS
(Tennessee Rock N'Roll!)
SILVER KINGS
(Party Drunks thawed out from the roaring 90s)
SODA POP KIDS
(Worst local band name ever! It's all i've got,
i've never heard them!!!!)

12 Midnite close time means probably no JNOMB :( but he will sing "Kick The Door Down" w/ the band that wrote it! I'm looking forward to this,it oughta rule! BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:29 pm

just found out that the show at cakeshop on the 27th is moved to the trash bar in brooklyn and it's with tunnel of love

i was gonna email you joe p......john just gave me that info last night.....he listed jeff on the bill....what time do shows usually start in portland? if we start the show 20 minutes early then both jnomb and rat traps can play.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:38 pm | Edited by: Crystal Lake

Fuck Me Dead is also playing Vancouver, with Ladies Night. This show is going to rule!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 6:54 pm

You know,i just posted about not getting contacted by John and sure enough i go to the store in my block and he pulls up and tells me about the show! It's gonna be goin' on May 12th at the Know,a bar on NE Alberta for those locals that are unaware of its location. Here's the lineup:

RAT TRAPS
(Tennessee Rock N'Roll!)
SILVER KINGS
(Party Drunks thawed out from the roaring 90s)
SODA POP KIDS
(Worst local band name ever! It's all i've got,
i've never heard them!!!!)

12 Midnite close time means probably no JNOMB :( but he will sing "Kick The Door Down" w/ the band that wrote it! I'm looking forward to this,it oughta rule! BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we could move it down to Valentine's if you wanted to play later... Either way, I'm a gonna be there!
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 8:30 pm

shit! what band are you in?? cancel and come party with us!! maybe you could get added to our bill? i don't really know anything about the show............do you know if we're playing in the tavern? the fatals list said the ballroom and that doesn't seem right.

Can't cancel. It's gonna be my last show w/ this band Jerk before I move. Plus we're playing with really good friends/bands. Sucks. You'll be plying in the tavern, it's just listed as ballroom cuz it's the Bland Ballroom. Guess I'll never see the Fatals. We should all hook up later for a massive after-party spectacular. Yeah, that sounds good. We're playing at the Grog SHop. It's the same side of town.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 8:45 pm

April, if you can't find anything in Des Moines (my old hometown), try this place in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. http://www.1109house.cjb.net/
It looks like it could be a lot of fun and I see that Brimstone Howl has played there.
Cedar Rapids is about 90 mins. NE of Des Moines and it was the home of The Horrors from In the Red.
In Des Moines, check out these places:
http://www.hairymarys.com/
http://www.vaudevillemews.com/
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 9:35 pm

i'll ask john about moving it to valentines.....it makes no difference to me....he said something about having a party afterwards........

heir ick......we should definatley hook up to party after the show........maybe one of the shows will start earlier than the other and somehow you could make it over to see the fatals if you're not too far.

thanks for the tip hugh jass.......do the horrors still live there?
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:16 pm

thanks for the tip hugh jass.......do the horrors still live there?

I've been out of Iowa for more than 9 years, so I don't know all the intricacies of what's what anymore, but I try to keep up with my friend who wasn't fortunate enought to get out.

The Horrors have been broken up for a couple of years and I think their members now live in Iowa City. Another possible venue to play in Iowa is Gabe's Oasis in Iowa City:
http://www.gabesoasis.com/
They'll have a good show there occasionally.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:22 pm

i went to the web site of the place in cedar rapids and it looks like they might be done having shows.....i sent them an email anyway. it seems like a cool space though.....
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 12:06 am

1109 is in fact done. We played the last show. Wow.
What are you still looking for, April?

Liz

You need to email me about summer plans, too. I have a proposition
(wink wink)
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 12:18 am

hey liz i just emailed you....
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:40 pm

p.s. i hate to party.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 8:40 pm

well, that was a different john......

i think you're lying about hating to party.....
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:29 pm

Hey April, Rapid Adapter are also on the Chicago show. They're good, and people will like them.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:35 pm

unlike pastlame.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:29 am

12 Midnite close time means probably no JNOMB :(
But it does mean 2 1/2 more hours drinking time. ;)
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:40 am

do rapid adapter have any songs online?
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:44 am

12 Midnite close time means probably no JNOMB :(

Wht would the Know close at 12 on a show night? They're gonna be selling beer.. what's the big deal? If anyone knows those Know guys (say that a few times fast) you should tell 'em to be flexible!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:46 am

well, rat traps and jeff both have really short sets.....like 15-20 minutes each so i'm sure everyone can play.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 5:48 pm | Edited by: Pastlame

do rapid adapter have any songs online?

Nah, not yet. Their MySpace is

http://www.myspace.com/rapidadapter

But there aren't any songs there. I think Paul Reject may be recording 'em soon, but I might've made that up.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Wht would the Know close at 12 on a show night? They're gonna be selling beer.. what's the big deal? If anyone knows those Know guys (say that a few times fast) you should tell 'em to be flexible!

Is it the Know that closes at 12 or do the shows have to be over by 12? I think the latter is the case, but I don't go often enough to know for sure.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 8:25 pm

i think the show just has to be over by then. that's what john said in his email
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 8:39 pm

boycott april and her band.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 9:03 pm | Edited by: april n

why do you say that? i thought you were gonna come to the nyc show!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 9:10 pm

i'm guessing the know has some sort of agreement with thier neighbors that shows will end by midnight. it's surrounded by houses to the south and they don't want another billy ray's type of situation.

april, has your friend, john, checked into the towne lounge? chantelle who books there is awesome and you can play until 2am there. not trying to discourage playing at The Know as it's my friends place and closer to my house. it's just if your conserned about time, it might be a better option.

here's her email...
townelounge@comcast.net
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 9:25 pm

April-
I see Missoula is still open. I got one more name for a possible lead unless John is trying to work something out? Just trying to help.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 12:50 am

yeah, nothing has pulled together for missoula. i just emailed the 2 contacts that i had again. maybe i should try the other guy you know?? did you ever burn that cd for us?
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 7:26 pm | Edited by: april n

i take that back......we're playing at the rave cafe in missoula. he just wrote me back today.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 8:57 pm

What's the details on the Milwaukee show? Is there a lineup yet? Plastic Pets couldn't make the GB show, but we can play Milwaukee if there's an opening.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 9:04 pm

eric just emailed me today about milwaukee

it's at riverwest commons....w/ we march and goodnight loving (and jeff novak omb, too i guess) i dunno....talk to kevin or eric.....how many bands usually play?
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 9:24 pm

the only major problems i'm having at this point are....

4/25....buffalo fell through. rat traps and fatals need a show somewhere between pittsburgh and nyc.......we're not that picky......as long as it's not too far out of the way. philadelphia seems like the best option by way of drive time, but i'm not having luck? if anyone can help us with a show, please let me know!!

5/20 & 5/21.....between phoenix, az and lincoln, ne.....this is for rat traps and jeff novak omb......again i'm not really picky. i've never been out there so i don't really know the best places........seems like it should be albuquerque and denver or oklahoma city.........
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 7:39 pm

Billy Ray's noise complaints were just made up by asshole neighbors a lot of the time,blaming the Rock n'Roll club is easier than fucking w/the crackheads on the block back in those days. I imagine something like that would happen to the Know eventually considering its location is on some Prime PDX Real Estate these days(they live in the same area as the Clown House that got so many fake "complaints" called on it a while back). These particular neighbors and their ilk should get Cancer.

The Towne Lounge is an awesome room but $4 beer? No thanks! I bet she prolly has a show booked already anyway but it's worth a shot. And their only cheap watery domestic is Miller. Ew.

Leftpeg,no late drinkin' for me that night if i still have this job i got now... i'm usually up by 6AM these days. Of course i could just say fuck it and be the RTraps/JNOMB Merch guy... Canada here i come!
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 7:51 pm

come on up Joe!
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 8:08 pm

April!!!!

email me re: buttons?

cococoma@gmail.com
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 8:53 pm

bill.....i emailed you......
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 9:07 pm

see you in hoboken
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 9:09 pm

really? cool! hey....you're gonna be down here for the memphis show, right? don't forget that the barbaras are playing.....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®