Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / NYC gig Friday 1/27 - DC SNIPERS Record Release Party @ Union Pool w/ Tampoffs and more...
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 4:43 pm

Hey kids - big show Friday night!!!

Friday 1/27 - DC SNIPERS Record Release Party!

DC SNIPERS - new CD/LP "Missile Sunset" on Dead Beat Records!!!
TAMPOFFS - Boston punk rocknroll, first NYC show in way too long!!!
CRIMSON SWEET - NYC glam rock, now with two guitar assault!
SOME ACTION - First show since May 2005!!! New songs, new drummer!!!
VCR - Jersey puhnkz
At Union Pool - 484 Union Avenue, Brooklyn...check out the newly renovated music room!
Doors 8:00PM
$7 cover

The band will have CDs/LPs for sale at the show...and if you're lucky, maybe they still have a few rare-collector-dude test pressing LPs with super-disturbing original covers by Mike Sniper...

Or you can order online from any number of reputable outlets!!!

http://www.dead-beat-records.com/
http://undergroundmedicine.com/

As you may know this is my favorite local band and the new release is one of my favorite recent records (along w/ "Let It Bloom")...I could go on about the music (and you all know I have before!), but instead I found this recent description online from Parasol Mail Order:

"They bring something different to the table with each of the 11 tracks on this album; & its hard to do that & actually end up with a record that's good! They prove its not impossible. Taking cues from other musical pioneers like the Screamers, Gang of Four, Urinals & the Electric Eels; they forge into their own fragmented, audience-less sector & begin to build a following based on songs that are undeniably catchy without sticking to a musical script"

(I would maybe just throw in Flipper and Crime...always micro-managing! haha...)

Also, I here rumors that Tom Scharpling on WFMU ("The Best Show on WFMU") has already named this the record of 2006!!!

And check out the link below from a live radio set this past Saturday on Terre T's Cherry Blossom Clinic:

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/17796
(scroll down playlist; their set starts about 1 hour into show...)

US tour w/ Live Fast Die in March...

Out,
TomDash

Upcoming Shows

Sat 1/28: BOSTON, MA - DC Snipers, Tampoffs, Imaginary Icons @ Kirkland Cafe...ok, actually Allston, MA...

Fri 2/17 - Angry Angles, Die Rotzz @ The Local (aka Rockstar Bar), Brooklyn...joint show with Todd P!!!

Sat 2/18 - THE LEATHER UPPERS (new record coming out on Goner Records!!!) plus CHANDLER and the CHASERS - details to come...
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 5:05 pm

actually thomas the kirkland is in somerville. your new english geography skills are not very ninja-esque.

either way, this weekend is officially good times.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:42 pm

"I can spell boobs on a calculator if ya turn it upside down"
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 10:36 pm

"Why didn't Hitler Drink Tequila?"
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 12:30 am

"Cuz it made him mean."
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 4:01 pm

free boobs-spelling calculators and 7 minute conversations with Mike Snipers for the first four people to arrive...show up early!!!

Oh, and Mike, you guys need to buy 4 calculators...
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 9:04 pm | Edited by: mikesniper

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 9:09 pm

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 9:09 pm

Shit, I can't figure it out.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Hey Paddy, can you post the flyer on here? It's linked above...
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 9:13 pm

Pics are disabled, dude. Sorry.

I hope you guys rule on Friday.

I'll be ripping Phast Phreddie a new a-hole on the decks.

Have fun!
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 9:17 pm

Can you postpone this show? I'm sick and you ought not party without me.
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 3:47 pm

whoa - mike, got copies of the new record in at the store this week. It's great!
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 11:48 pm

"may or may not wind up the punk album of 06" - Village Voice...

"may or may not wind up the show of the weekend" - TomDash...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®