Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / OFFICIAL HOZAC BLACKOUT 2006 THREAD
Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next »
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 11:16 pm

i gotsome priorities that made me pass on this trip.
there better be some recordings
is anyone willing to put the whole weekend on vinyl? RevDan?
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 11:38 pm

is anyone willing to put the whole weekend on vinyl? RevDan?

Dan will get that out by 2017.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:14 pm

i got two of the 4 day golden tickets and they're in my name for will call...are there gonna be any problems getting my sis in on my other ticket?
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:26 pm

She just has to be with you each time you enter....and be over 21.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 5:59 pm

Brief update

HEADLINERS:

WED. MAY 24TH
KING KAHN & BBQ SHOW

THURS. MAY 25TH
CHEATER SLICKS

FRI. MAY 26TH
DEAD MOON

SAT. MAY 27TH
OBLIVIANS
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 6:34 pm

i had 2 out of 4 right.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:11 pm

She just has to be with you each time you enter....and be over 21.

bill, don't you think it's a bit pointless to explaing 'the rules' about will call tickets? no one going is even going to remotely remember or grasp the concept of common sense.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:12 pm

KING KAHN & BBQ SHOW

Awesome!

But come on Billiams, we know you know more than this!
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:14 pm

"no one going is even going to remotely remember or grasp the concept of common sense."

it was worth a try....he seems like a sharp guy......
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:27 pm

WED. MAY 24TH
KING KAHN & BBQ SHOW

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!THANK YOU!!THANK YOU!!
Whoo-Hoo!
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:34 pm

My main problem is going to be that I want to remember all 4 of closing shows!
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:39 pm

heh heh...there's VERY little chance of that....
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 1:16 am

I'm going. Never been to Chicago. Not that anyone here cares. I'm just sayin'.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 3:17 am

Not that anyone here cares.

i care.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:32 am

thanks
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:47 am

why does everyone want black time to play they just bland noisey brit pop i vote they stay in the uk and leave blackout the fuck alone
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:37 pm

So I guess the Golden Tickets are gone?
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:06 pm

you needed to be in a tent on the sidewalk to get the golden tickets
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:58 pm

any info what night The Mullens are playing?
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:19 am

Add a MOTO day show / hot dog party and I'm happy.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 11:50 am

and as for the rat traps and angry angles give me a break dude the jay retard stuff is over give up its all about the briefs and the e poxies
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 3:55 pm

Epoxies fucking suck ass. Rezillos rip off but with shitty ho-hum songs.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 5:08 pm

"its all about the briefs and the e poxies"

this must be a joke....right??....stale stale stale.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 6:05 pm

dammit…saturday's sold out on ticketweb.
stupid decade-old muddled memories'll just hafta keep cuttin' it i guess.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 6:45 pm

They'll still be door tickets for Sat.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 6:49 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

If you want these, get there AT LEAST 3 hours ahead of time. I was there 2 hours ahead of time last year and got turned away on Friday and Saturday nights- and the Oblivians weren't even playing.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 9:13 pm

soooooooooo.... does anyone have an extra for saturday? if so, i might have a friend that'd be thrilled to take it off yer hands. email = blackchange at gmail dot com.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:33 pm

If you want these, get there AT LEAST 3 hours ahead of time. I was there 2 hours ahead of time last year and got turned away on Friday and Saturday nights- and the Oblivians weren't even playing.
haha! my friend and i were in the front of the line and one employee teased us for being like deadheads
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:43 pm

and now you're dating him.....sucker.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:50 pm

I can't believe the shows are selling out and they still haven't announced the full schedule.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:50 pm

lay lady lay
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:54 pm

FYI, I bought 2 golden tickets. My wife will not be coming to Chicago until Friday. So, I have 1 extra ticket for Wed. and Thurs. nights. If anyone wants tix for those nights, you can be my "guest" for the face value of the tix on those nights. I won't even charge you the ticket service charge.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 11:41 pm

I have 1 extra ticket for Wed. and Thurs

We can do that. We've decided we're going to pay for our friends tickets those nights since they're letting us crash.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 12:24 am

I have 1 extra ticket for Wed. and Thurs

We can do that. We've decided we're going to pay for our friends tickets those nights since they're letting us crash.

Sold American!
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 12:30 am

Sweet. Too bad Kelly can't make it, though.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:48 am

phibes...the mullens are playing friday...right before the clone defects.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:01 am

lay lady lay...

does that guy still live with billiams?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:06 am

Yes! Al!
Last time we were in Chicago we watched the pre-recorded (yes, previously recorded) Puppy Bowl and smoked some pot. Al really liked the Kitty Half-Time.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:27 am

Wonder how long it'll take for him to shatter us... Chad won't be there, so our human shield is gone. Looks like a job for Jumanji.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 8:19 am

obviousley cocomas and bvalentine are this new breed of lame ass black time fans get ovr it brit pop was in the 90's
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 2:36 pm

motherfucker!!! saturday is sold out?! somebody please get me on the will call list
please
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 2:43 pm

these shows stink. you couldnt dig up any other old crusty fart bands? how bout rose tattoo? maybe THEM or Sky Saxon? should have booked paddy's band f-hole so he could have got a saturday ticket--the A-hole!!
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 2:55 pm

Eh, What's wrong with Rose Tattoo?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 3:47 pm

nothing of course. i was just fuckin with paddy...
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 4:40 pm

Please don't tell Al we share an interest in the Puppy Bowl. Kitty Half Time is MAGICAL.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 4:59 pm

"obviousley cocomas and bvalentine are this new breed of lame ass black time fans get ovr it brit pop was in the 90's"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......whuzzat?....oh.

yeah.sure.OBVIOUSLY.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:20 pm

although i watched a bit of puppy bowl, im glad to say i missed K.H.T. i fuckin hate kitties
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:42 pm

so...anyone know if saturday ticks are sold out..?? and what about thursday ticks..?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:45 pm

Add a MOTO day show / hot dog party and I'm happy.

i second that vote
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:31 pm

Advance tix for Saturday are sold out - tix available at door....get there EARLY....I THINK the other days are still available....but once the full lineup is announced...who knows?...
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:32 pm

What's wrong with Rose Tattoo?

i love 'em but have you heard the later stuff? holy shit! def fucking leopard. REAL bad.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:20 pm

why don't they move friday and saturdays show to a bigger venue?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 10:06 pm

how many avail at the door for Sat...??? if any one has extra tickets they wanna sell..gimmie a price!!
vandenbosch500@yahoo.com
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 10:07 pm

I'm sure it's a lot easier said than done, but that's a REALLY good idea.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:13 am | Edited by: leftpeg

There's nothing like travelling half way across the country (or the world) in hopes of getting into a show. I just had a flashback to Garage Shock '95 and all those poor fuckers who travelled from Australia and Turkey and shit and couldn't get in to the 3B as it had just gotten too crazy. Just sayin'
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:23 am

There's nothing like travelling half way across the country (or the world) in hopes of getting into a show.

I went from Iowa to Bellingham for Garageshock from '91-'93 and I never once got turned away. If I had, I might not have been so nonchalant about not getting tix to the Blackout last year.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 12:44 am

I went from Iowa to Bellingham for Garageshock from '91-'93 and I never once got turned away. If I had, I might not have been so nonchalant about not getting tix to the Blackout last year.
Yeah, it was real low key in the early days, you just wandered in and they came around and asked you to pay. By 95 it was mayhem.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:47 am

arman,
haven't heard any new Rose Tattoo stuff... I've always been too afraid.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:48 am

Oh and Bateman,
Al knows about the Puppy Bowl. He'll be waiting for you in the leather arm chair...
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 5:22 am

You can remember that there was a leather armchair?

It's official, Matt, we're all staying at your apartment and watching the Puppy Bowl.

Instead of typing this, I could be at the Juvenile concert. I tried to get myself on the House list. It's way sold out. Fucking Matt Russell had a free ticket and decided to go home and sleep instead.

Tell Jason not to eat all of my jalapeno poppers.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 7:48 am

You can remember that there was a leather armchair?

hit me with ya leather........the leather....
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 9:34 am

I just had a flashback to Garage Shock '95.

Yeah, I went to that too, the Sunday was the worst, was in line for something stupid like five hours, there's a lot to be said for advance tickets.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 2:31 pm

That's what I do Bateman, I remember.

PS... RIP Poppers
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 2:50 pm

What's wrong with Rose Tattoo?

i love 'em but have you heard the later stuff? holy shit! def fucking leopard. REAL bad.

Probably right around the same time he started taking his "acting career" serious.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:03 pm

because the 'big venue' is logan square auditorium and that place sounds like SHIT, besides sunno)))) is playing on friday night. just deal with it. sorry.

new Rose Tattoo stuff
...i was told that the rose tattoo reunion shows were pretty awesome though

There's nothing like travelling half way across the country (or the world) in hopes of getting into a show.
that's what this dude from portland said when he called the bottle the other night. again, if it's sold out its sold out, there's nothing anyone who works there can do. get in line early. deal with it.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 7:44 pm

It's Arman's fault there are no tickets left for Saturday.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 7:47 pm

GOD Arman, you're such an ASS!!

It's true, though...he bought them all...it'll just be Arman, & about 3 other people watching the Oblivians by themselves.....

whadda douche.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 7:48 pm

Yeah, "watching" the Oblivians.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 7:53 pm

whoah......sexy.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 9:13 pm

I guess what they say about snoozing really IS true...

I hear my gold tickets waiting for me are really made out of gold.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:40 am

I hear my gold tickets waiting for me are really made out of gold.

they fuckin better be...
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:40 am

hey just cos you didn't get tickets for the sold out shows doesn't mean you shouldn't come to Chicago - these are the early Whiteout shows for this year!

Thursday 25th @ Mutiny 2428 N western 5PM - 8PM (FREE show - but bring a donation for the bands) 21+
NOTE!! THESE SHOWS START AT 6PM SHARP - BAR OPENS AT 5PM
The FEELERS
The CRETEENS
PEDESTRIANS
RAT TRAPS

Friday May 26th @ Mutiny 2428 N western 5PM - 8PM (FREE show - but bring a donation for the bands) music starts 6PM SHARP 21 +
CATHOLIC BOYS (The last show ever ever)
CARBONAS (ATL)
FRANTIC ATTAQUE (ATL)
TERRIBLE TWOS (MI)

Sat May 27th @ Ice factory 526 N ashland 2PM- 8PM ($7) All ages
THE BLACK TIME (UK)
FUNCTIONAL BLACKOUTS (Chi)
FORMELDEHYDE JUNKIES (MNPLS)
KILL THE HIPPIES (OH)
HOLY SHIT (MKE)
THE WORST (CHI)
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:58 am

this just keeps getting better
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 2:24 am

I think I just soiled myself.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 3:18 am

Wha, no Wednesday-day show?!?!

C'mon get on the ball people, I mean seriously!!!

Anything going on Tuesday evening? I'm probably going to arrive super early, like the previous Friday for the Country Teasers. Anyone know who else is on the bill for the Teasers' show?

That Ice Factory needs some air conditioning or something 'cos it was hot as fuck all last year.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 4:50 am

got tickets, got plane tickets. now for the hotel/motel.my wife is coming as well soit cant be too creepy....any suggestions for one semi-close? thanks
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:48 am

hey just cos you didn't get tickets for the sold out shows doesn't mean you shouldn't come to Chicago - these are the early Whiteout shows for this year!

Ummm...Where's M. O. T. O. ?!? Seriously, you fuckers need to get all your shit in one pocket.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 6:23 am

these are the early Whiteout shows for this year!

I think that's plenty of fucking music already.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 7:01 am

Except M.O.T.O....AND (We Are) The Rats!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 8:25 am

fuckydoo!!!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:54 pm

On Tuesday night, this bar Sheffield's (on Belmont and Sheffield) has a rocknroll movie night, and I'm gonna be showing "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains." Should be fun and relatively low-key, and a good liver warmup for the damage for the next four days.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 4:53 pm | Edited by: billiams

YO,
Here's the line-up.....I think.......pretty fuckin' shure.

Wed. May 24th
KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW
MARKED MEN
CUTS
JENNY JEANS
GALACTIC INMATE

Thurs. May 25th
CHEATER SLICKS
CLONE DEFECTS
TIME FLYS
ANGRY ANGLES
MANDY & THE TWINS

Fri. May 26th
DEAD MOON
MIRRORS
MULLENS
MIND CONTROLS
DUTCH MASTERS
KRUNCHIES

Sat. May 27th
OBLIVIANS W/ QUINTRON!
PERSUADERS
FLAKES
DEMONS CLAWS
LIVEFASTDIE
COCOCOMA

The ADVANCED tickets for Sat. 27th are sold out! Fri 26th are ALMOST sold out! These shits are really going fast. DON'T SLEEP!

Tickets @ the door: 50 OR LESS! ....I'm thinking on the lesser side. All depends on guest lists and comps. TAKE YER CHANCES IF YOU DARE.

SEE YA IN MAY....or over the next couple of weeks.
xoxoxo
-M
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:10 pm

HOLY CRAP!

I CRAPPED
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:12 pm

Don't miss Galactic Inmate!!!!!

Do you like my body?????
I like my body TOO!!!!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:12 pm

Hey....where are we Man?!?!?!?
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:17 pm

Bill,
Put yer glasses on.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:22 pm

MATT! It looks like we're shipwrecked on Party Island!!!!
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 5:35 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

Saturday show sold out on Wednesday. Got first paycheck from new job on Thursday. Nooooooooo!

I have a dream, that one day I will see the Oblivians. And somebody please get Dutch in on Saturday otherwise I think he's going to develop some kinda wooden teleportation device.

Better get in line on Friday night at 3pm if you want tickets for Saturday's show.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 8:04 pm

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK. i wasn't able to buy tickets until today. shit shit shit shit. and i wanted to go on saturday. shit.
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 8:44 am

sometimes i feel bad for being responsible
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 7:21 pm

wooden teleportation
i hear the casual hippies in Grand Rapids wear wooden birckenstocks...

i fucking hate sandals.
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 9:39 pm

any suggestions on a decent hotel semi-close to the bottle would be appreciated. thanks
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 12:40 am

the kids need MOTO
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:56 am

any suggestions on a decent hotel semi-close to the bottle would be appreciated. thanks

Stay for half price out by the airport (Holiday Inn is very nice). Ride the blue line down to the stop at Western. Stumble to and from the shows while the city of Chicago transports you around. $24 for a 3-day pass on ALL CTA services and it couldn't be any easier....any drunken retard can figure it out. Have more money for beer.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:16 am

Thank you much DevilDog!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 2:50 pm

the kids need MOTO

The kids can ram it.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 7:41 pm

if anyone at all can possibly sell me a ticket, i really would appreciate it because i don't wanna drive to chicago and stand in line for fifty hours only to get denied. that would make both me and the baby jesus cry.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 9:58 pm | Edited by: april n

check the terminal boredom board.......a guy posted that he's gonna sell 2....
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 11:06 pm

a guy posted that he's gonna sell 2....
...on ebay...
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 7:58 pm

if it's ANY consolation, the fact that the shows(esp saturday) are sold out means that we(the people who work there) probably won't get a guest list.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:15 pm

like everybody else who waited too long, I will pay good money, trade good records, video games and/or sneakers for a ticket on saturday night. no sex unless you're a hot broad from canada with nothing to lose.

ebay-at-thac0-dot-org
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 11:11 pm

billiams.. whats yer myspace name...?
Sincerely, Ming The Merciless.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 11:44 pm

damn. i cannot find the tickets on ebay. i would try to get them if only i could find them.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:40 am

Ride the blue line down to the stop at Western.

How far is it from the Western station to the club? I'm staying out near O'Hare and I'm trying to decide whether I want to get a rental car for the whole time or just part of the time.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:52 am

like a mile... or a longish walk.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:53 am

and you can just get the western bus for a transfer fare
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:00 am

it's 9 blocks so it's a mile and an eighth. get a 3 or 5 day cta pass, it'll be way cheaper and you won't have to worry about parking or driving. if you're planning on going anywhere during the daylight hours you won't want to have a car anyway.

lisa, busses don't give transfers for cash fares anymore. that stopped 1-1-06. if you're taking the cta have some kind of fare card or else you'll wind up paying full fare everytime you step on a bus or through a turnstile at an el stop.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:09 am | Edited by: eightdollarwhiskey

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:37 am

What a sonofabitch !
I got my tickets. Super Square !
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 6:22 am

How far is it from the Western station to the club? I'm staying out near O'Hare and I'm trying to decide whether I want to get a rental car for the whole time or just part of the time.

It's about 5-6 blocks if I remember right. Trust me on this one - you don't need a rental car at all, even for part of the time. The subways and buses are actually fun if you're not having to do it all the time to go to work or whatever. We have a blast on them and you can get anywhere in the city easily, very easily - we were vets after our first day on them. And I've met a buttload of cool people, had some hilarious drunken times and never had one bit of trouble over the years as visitors.

Also, by staying out there, you not only save $100/night or so off downtown hotel fees but you also save about $30/night on parking. And that's if you don't drive and have to pay for parking somewhere you drive to. It'll save you $100s as the parking is free (at most of the airport hotels). We drive to the Holiday Inn and park it all week usually.

My wife and I are staying out at the Holiday Inn and anyone out there can tag-along with us for your first ride if you're intimidated by it (as I was). We also know a GREAT drunken food place down by the subway stop which we always hit after shows at the Double Door and Empty Bottle.

And don't forget, by staying out by the airport, you're only about 15 minutes from MEDIEVAL TIMES in Schaumburg. If you've never been there........wow, just wow.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 2:03 pm

My wife and I are staying out at the Holiday Inn and anyone out there can tag-along with us for your first ride if you're intimidated by it (as I was). We also know a GREAT drunken food place down by the subway stop which we always hit after shows at the Double Door and Empty Bottle.
FLASH TACO! yah
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:05 pm

lisa, busses don't give transfers for cash fares anymore
which I found out yesterday! i'm assuming that smart people would put more than 1.75 on their card unlike me who's a dumbass and only puts enough money for one way everytime.

Kevin, we got to get you keys tonight!
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Bus/train fares are also 2.00 if you pay cash, which to my embarrassment, I found out one morning on the way to work.
Devil Dog no need to rent a car, that's coo coo talk.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:47 pm | Edited by: DevilDog

Not crazy at all. And I noticed I quoted the wrong price above - it's $12 for a 3-day pass per rider. It was $24 for both of us for 3 days. It's also best to buy the passes now and have them send it to you as you can't just buy them when you get on the train. If you get them now, you can just get on the train and use them for 3 days without having to go downtown to one of the few places you can buy them (one place I know is the tourist center down on Michigan). Much easier to buy them before you go.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 5:15 pm

for "goners" you are all very organized.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 6:36 pm

Not crazy at all. And I noticed I quoted the wrong price above - it's $12 for a 3-day pass per rider. It was $24 for both of us for 3 days. It's also best to buy the passes now and have them send it to you as you can't just buy them when you get on the train. If you get them now, you can just get on the train and use them for 3 days without having to go downtown to one of the few places you can buy them (one place I know is the tourist center down on Michigan). Much easier to buy them before you go.
Too true. Last year, they had machines at the airport where you could purchase the passes. All of them were broken.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 6:46 pm

You can buy cards at any el stop, just not the 3-day passes
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 7:14 pm

kevin, any plans for 'rod the bod' while bill and lisa are gone? they think you won't give him back.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 7:16 pm

oh yeah, if you have an actual ticket then make sure it has that little hologram tape on it. we had problems in the past and i think its been remedied, but we can't take them if they don't have the sticker.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 7:59 pm

alright, since i have a place to stay up there and don't have to worry about a hotel, i'm going for the ebay thing. fuck it. i just now have to figure out whether or not i will fly or rent a car or take the train...
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:19 pm

You can buy cards at any el stop, just not the 3-day passes

Obviously.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:26 pm

Train! Fuck, I might take the train.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:31 pm

train
I think that's how Luke Warm and I are getting there. Hopefully there's a rent-a-car place nearby.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:46 pm

There is, but you seriously DONT NEED TO RENT A CAR!!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:55 pm

I don't know. We may get one just to schlepp the geat to the Empty Bottle, then take the car back and say we hate it and want our money back. Then we do the same thing when we leave, and say we'll give 'em another chance...
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:55 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

The only reason I might rent a car is 'cuz my motel is near O'Hare, but not AT O'Hare. It's like 6 miles away. Their site says they a have a shuttle that will take you to the airport, where I could pick up the train on my way TO the show. But, I can't imagine they're gonna have a shuttle come pick me up at O'Hare at 3am. And unfortunately, the buses out there don't run 24/7, like they do in Chicago proper. Maybe I'll try and find a place closer to the airport- but this one was the cheapest I could find!
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 7:57 am

$100 with only 8 days and 18 hours to go for that Saturday ticket. Good luck lauryn!
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:18 pm

Elle, you can get the train for free from Memphis. Last time I was there I had to change my ticket but they were taking fucking ages and the train was about to leave so I just jumped on and hid in the toilet until they started moving. It usually leaves around 10.30pm to Chicago so they don't bother checking tickets once everyone's on board. All the doors are open and there's usually only a couple of guards so it's pretty easy to just jump on. Once you leave the toilet go to the lounge area and "chill" for a while. Maybe buy a pizza or a hot dog with a Pepsi. Once you've settled in just go and pick a seat, kick back and enjoy the ride. Take a blanket or something warm to wear (a Goner hoodie works well) cos it gets pretty cold on the Amtrak. Take a bottle of whiskey cos falling asleep can be a bit tricky. The station does share it's premises with the local police though so be careful.

Best of luck!
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:38 pm

Sat May 27th @ Ice factory 526 N ashland 2PM- 8PM ($7) All ages
THE BLACK TIME (UK)
FUNCTIONAL BLACKOUTS (Chi)
FORMELDEHYDE JUNKIES (MNPLS)
KILL THE HIPPIES (OH)
HOLY SHIT (MKE)
THE WORST (CHI)

SO BLACKTIME IS DEFINATLEY PLAYING I RECKON THOSE UK PUSSIES ARE GONNA BURN AND DIE UNDER THE WARM SUNSHINE NOT AROUND IN ENGLAND
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 2:15 pm

If you rent a car, make sure to use priceline. I've had good luck getting a car over a weekend for about $15/day + taxes from O'Hare. Since it's over Memorial Day, reserve the sooner the better. Just can't cancel it once it's been made.
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 6:12 pm

SO BLACKTIME IS DEFINATLEY PLAYING I RECKON THOSE UK PUSSIES ARE GONNA BURN AND DIE UNDER THE WARM SUNSHINE NOT AROUND IN ENGLAND

Actually, we are all probably going burn and die at that Ice Factory show. The places is a fucking sweat lodge.
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 8:50 pm

damn. i don't know if i am going to be able to get that ticket if it goes up any higher than that. i'm damn near broke as is. heh.
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 9:05 pm

Who knows... come May I might rather have $100 than a ticket to see the Oblivians.
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 11:11 pm

Last year I brought a 30 pack into the Ice Factory and wihin 5 minutes all my beers were hot!

The only nice thing was sweatin out the 50 gallons of booze I drank the previous nights, leavin room for more.
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 12:21 am

kevin, any plans for 'rod the bod' while bill and lisa are gone? they think you won't give him back.

i'm gonna teach him to smoke cigarettes and mix me gin and tonics. if i'm successful they're never seeing him again.
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 12:27 am

Any thought as to maybe moving the Oblivans show to a bigger venue?
I know everyone likes the 'intimacy', but ...

I for one have kyboshed my plans to attend, for the moment anyway ...
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 5:23 am

I suppose you'd rather they play Lolapalooza?
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 5:39 am | Edited by: Useless Eater

The show sold out in a few weeks, over 2 months before it actually takes place. I would prefer driving 10 hours to see them play at the Buccaneer, mos def, but the reality is that 2x as many people would have paid to see them play. Big difference between 300 people seeing them play and 600 people seeing them and 13,499 people if they were to record Oblivians: Live At Budokan. As somebody said to me at the bar last Friday "They should stop pretending that they're such a small band." He and I and the handful of people that night were talking about how we wanted to see the Oblivians but couldn't now unless we were to spend over $100 on eBay.
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 8:04 am

so many people want to see the Oblivians.. there music keeps growing thru word of mouth.. even if they havent made a record in almost 8 yrs.. the kids fuckin dig that Oblivians sound..!! yea in my opinion.. maybe it should be at bigger venue..but then again..i have no idea what kind of access the guys at HOZAC have to book these events....?? not trying to poop on all of your good times...I just wish there were more tickets available.
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 8:09 am

and yes.. i am crying... but i still like all of you..!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 9:24 pm

Did anyone ever find out if Quintron was confirmed with the Oblivians or not?
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Posted: Mar 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Woah, piero's got the juice now!
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 11:11 pm

I just wish there were more tickets available.

no kidding. i'm sad cuz i got outbid on the ticket on ebay. OVER 100 FUCKING DOLLARS. geebus. i wanna go but i can't afford any more than that. shit.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 1:41 am

Wah! Wah! Wah!
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:27 pm

you've got a lot of growing up to do, dutch hercules.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 11:21 am

I may sound like an asshole here or something, but didn't a lot of you see the Oblivians back when they existed? I did. They were fucking great. I know there's a lot of, ahem, older folks on here, so, I dunno, sure, I'd love to see them and all; same with Teengenerate, but maybe people should take a reality check and figure it's just another rock show, not a religious experience.

Or maybe they should just reunite and go on tour and then it won't be such a big deal.

Oh, and Quintron said he was playing the show. So, now I kinda really wanna fucking see it. Have fun, assholes.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 2:45 pm

Advance tickets for Friday night are now sold out, too.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:53 pm

... I was thinkin' more like Lilith Fair ...
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:50 pm

I know I should just mind my own business and not say anything, but I'm gonna say it anyway. The Flakes aren't playing the Blackout. They told me twice that they've told the proper authorities that they can't do it, but the Empty Bottle still still has them listed and no announcements have been made here.

I wonder who they'll get to replace them. Hello, M.O.T.O.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:16 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

MOTO should definitely replace The Flakes. Then I could sell the advance tickets I bought for MAD CASH.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 10:38 pm

I Miike O'Neill of Tampa's The Unrequited Loves am going to play instead of The Flakes, doing my "All-Russell Quan set" schtick for the teeming masses. or maybe i'll just give my ticket away!
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 11:06 pm

due to personal reasons i cant make it to the blackout. i have 2 tiks for friday and 2 tiks for saturday. i feel shitty making money off these but i have too! i bought 10 tickets for the oblivians reunion and 8 people flaked on me. after the show was sold out i had lots of people willing to pay whatever. i sold them for what i payed(im sure all 8 of you remember that). should i put them on ebay individually or as a team? i fucking hate selling on ebay but i have to because my wife and i lost the cash we spent on the plane tickets as well.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 11:44 pm

MAKE BEN WEASEL BUY PLANE TICKETS FOR HEAD. HEAD HEAD HEAD
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 1:57 am

Real Losers are playing saturday night instead of the Flakes, I just heard. Apparently they're great!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 1:58 am

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I menat to post that under one of my FAKE NAMES
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:20 pm

People use fake names here?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 5:24 pm

fuck it! i refuse to make money off these tickets. 2 for friday & 2 for saturday. call me before 2:30 p.m or i'll call you when i can throughout the night. cell# 817-992-2094. dont bother leaving a message because im too stupid to figure out how to set it up nor do i care. a number i dont recognize is the number i'll call back-brian
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 6:11 pm

saturday all gone
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 8:24 pm

im not sure if youre a hero or a moron.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 10:17 pm

ok, so the lone ticket on ebay is up to $102.50. so do you think that will be the winning bid or will it go higher? i say $150.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Hey T.C. Biz,

when are you back in chicago? don't wear out your boom a loom on tour, you gotta save that shit for the pharoah's return!

lots of love,

nadlei
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:40 pm

I don't think the ticket was meant to go for that much money, it seemed like someone just topped their bid at 100 to (which it seemed like at the time) seal the deal. Someone else had the same idea seeing as how it jumped from like 15 bucks to 100. Its not like he started the auction at 100 bucks. Its the bidders fault its that high.

Cheers XhomeschoolX
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 12:51 am

cheers vinny.

yeah i definetly did not think the auction would go that high up. i figured maybe i'd make 10 or 20 bucks more than face value, tops.

and, since almost all auctions go way up right before they end, i'd say 150 sounds about right.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 1:37 am

to blue collar

THANK YOU SO MUCH for being an upstanding citizen of Gonerland. I really appreciate that you just wanted to sell your tix to someone who really gave a shit about going to the shows rather than just to someone who just has lots of dough. And luckily, and thanks to my watchful friends who noticed your posting earlier today, I'm the lucky recipient of one of those tix for the Oblivians. I can't wait!! Thanks again.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 1:40 am

most welcome,thats what we should all do for one another....pleasure is mine! hope you have a great time-brian
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 1:46 am

queenothetwist, i'll be your moron anyday! salute.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 2:49 pm

This may be kinda crazy since I don't know any of ya'll... except Arman and Kevin and Lisa that is... but anyhow, to pass on Brian's kindness re: the ticket selling thing, I'm offering up my comfy as hell futon couch for anyone who needs a place to crash Fri and Sat nights during the Blackout. I'm a short bus ride from the Bottle, but you can't be allergic to cats. It's not a big apt and only a double futon, so 1 or 2 peeps only. If you come w/ references, all the better. ; ) Let me know!

just sharin the love...
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 2:49 pm

OH! And Billiams... know you too of course...
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 3:08 pm

Hippies.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 4:14 pm

you know me nadine! sheesh
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 5:48 pm

still at $102.50 with 7 bids.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 7:05 pm

Sarah! Whaddup girl?? Yep... know Sarah too. And Cococoma Bill too. Any of yous have friends who need a crash pad for the Blackout?
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Any of yous have friends who need a crash pad for the Blackout?

I have no friends.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 9:09 pm

I want to go but i'm not 21
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 11:01 pm

If the Flakes really aren't playing, how about replacing them with the Dirk Diggler One Man Band?
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 12:40 pm

Are there any good mini golf places in Chicago?
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 1:52 pm

Yes, there's a great mini golf place up on Devon Ave.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 7:30 pm

sarah, i havent heard back from you(paypal) about blackout saturday! still want it? -brian
"Hippies." lets go stack some rocks!
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 8:21 pm

eBay ticket is now at $153.50 with over a day left. You people are crazy.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 8:32 pm

$153.50

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Hey Brian! The transaction is complete. Thanks!!!!

to blue collar

THANK YOU SO MUCH for being an upstanding citizen of Gonerland. I really appreciate that you just wanted to sell your tix to someone who really gave a shit about going to the shows rather than just to someone who just has lots of dough. And luckily, and thanks to my watchful friends who noticed your posting earlier today, I'm the lucky recipient of one of those tix for the Oblivians. I can't wait!! Thanks again.

I second that!

eBay ticket is now at $153.50

WTF!
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 9:16 pm | Edited by: messageboardbandit

there 2 sets of weekend passes up there now.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:26 am

Chris Muddy, you going to this??? I got wednesday, thursday and friday tickets. I don't need a saturday night ticket cos Arman is just going to let me in for free cos he's a nice guy.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:20 am

Let's beat the piss out of whoever wins that ticket, and then set it on fire. PUNK!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 3:30 am

$153.50! yikes! ladies, your tickets will go out in the morning. oh, and i wear a medium t-shirt:) j/k-brian
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 4:20 am

Only sold your tickets to the ladies, eh Brian? I see how this works! So if a guy called you it'd be like "hey dude... go buy it on ebay".

So who's gonna go halvsies with me on a tee for Brian? ; )
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 6:20 am

How'zabout all of us who have advance tickets sell 'em for $150 a pop, then have a big DRUG PARTY while a bunch of rich yuppie fux wank out to the Oblivians.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:11 am

Ha! yea, im a sucker for the ladies thats true, but i married the only lady thats a sucker for me! true story.....
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:22 am

got it sarah! going through this board because my email is jacked up. have fun!-
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:20 pm

Chris Muddy, you going to this??? I got wednesday, thursday and friday tickets. I don't need a saturday night ticket cos Arman is just going to let me in for free cos he's a nice guy.Chris Muddy, you going to this??? I got wednesday, thursday and friday tickets. I don't need a saturday night ticket cos Arman is just going to let me in for free cos he's a nice guy.

Yeah, I'm there for each night. I'm organising a mini golf tournament so we should team up.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:30 pm

ladies, your tickets will go out in the morning.

Thanks man, you're awesome!

So who's gonna go halvsies with me on a tee for Brian? ; )

I'm down with that.

Nadine - Is that futon still available?
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Where you playing mini golf?
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 6:23 pm

Arman is just going to let me in for free cos he's a nice guy

say what, muthafucka?
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:00 pm

speaking of No Bunny
the Bunny Hutch has mini golf

Bunny Hutch
6438 N Lincoln Ave, Lincolnwood, IL (really it's Chicago)
#11 bus
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:24 pm

have a big DRUG PARTY

Oh hells yes!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:50 pm

Futon sure is available and yours if you want it... my #773-671-3595 and we'll discuss the details. Cool!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:44 am

Futon sure is available and yours if you want it...

are you into double ended dildos???
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:46 am

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!! I'm a nice girl. So cool, i call ya sometime within the next couple days or you can call me 717.329.1003
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:47 am

oh, and my name is Sarah
Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®