Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Upcoming Jeffrey Novak One Man Band Shows (London and NYC!!)
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 4:13 am

Feb 1st @ Bush Hall in London, England w/ Be Your Own Pet, Good Shoes, and the Harrisons

Feb 15th @ The Knitting Factory in New York, NY w/ Be Your Own Pet

Feb 17th @ Maxwells in Hoboken, NJ w/ The Dirtbombs and Be Your Own Pet
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 12:46 am

ENGLAND???????
are you serious?
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 1:01 am

yeah, i think the show might be sold out though
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Be Your Own Pet are playing Manchester - is Jeffrey not playing aswell?
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 4:55 pm

nope, but he'll be with them for the whole tour....you should go to the show and hang out with him! talk to them before hand and maybe you can get on the guest list
Posted: Jan 14, 2006 11:15 pm

anybody need a tour photographer?
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 9:24 am

Fucking hell, we'll be there!!!! What a great surprise!!!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 9:25 am

Just checked and that Bush Hall show here in London is sold out. Is Jeffrey doing any other shows on his own in the UK? Hope so!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 6:32 pm

he just found out he's doing 5 more dates in england opening for be your own pet........i'm not sure which ones though........as soon as i find out i'll post the dates.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 11:01 pm

does BYOP need a merch person? or is Jeffery playing then handling their merch sales after his set?
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 11:03 pm

i think they usually sell their own merch after they play
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 11:25 pm

Go Jeffery!
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 12:27 am

Be sure to check out "scenic" Brixton while yer there!
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 4:22 am

Uh...Hello!!!! Thats where hooligans are from!!!
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 2:59 pm

April, whats the Leeds date again? I can't get on MySpazz
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 4:15 pm

Dtrain, my oppo Joe P (aka Teenslain) lives in Brixton, and I usedta - it's norra bad place, but I wouldn't advise Jeff to go wandering round on his own!!! Ain't as bad as Orange Mound, tho' ...
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 6:47 pm

Ok here's the dates I'm doing with Be Your Own Pet
Jan 26 @ Roadhouse in Manchester
Jan 27 @ Cockpiy in Leeds
Jan 28 @ Social in Nottingham
Jan 29 @ Nica N Sleazy in Glasgow
Feb 1 @ Bush Hall in London (sold out)
Feb 4 @ Zodiac in Oxford
Feb 5 @ Fleece in Bristol

I know some of these shows might be sold out. I know for a fact the Bush Hall show is, but if anyone can come let me know. contact me on myspace or on here. I might be able to get some of you on the guest list.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Can't make Manchester. Shaun, I'll try and make it up to Leeds.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 7:20 pm

you're playing all of those, jeff? awesome!! i hope everything goes great!!
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 12:06 am

Chris, come over to Leeds and we'll get fucked up on wine first and I'll smuggle in some whiskey, you can stay over as well if ya want. There'll be some party action going on somewhere in my neighbourhood later. Mr Novak, can you get me and Chris (muddy spear) in at all?? That would be totally cool!
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 2:28 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I can get you guys on the guest list for that show. Jemina said they don't know anyone in Leeds anyway. Plus she's expecting Muddy Spear to party as hard as he did on top of the piggily wiggily across from murphy's that one night in memphis.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 2:35 am

Muddy got on top of the Higgeldy Piggeldy?
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 6:26 am

Yeah, we were having a party in that graveyard next to the piggily wiggily, and Muddy Spear somehow lost his pants and ended up on top of the building. I was sick with mono and ended up leaving early, so I don't really know what else happened, but I heard he ended up stealing Piper's paants.
Posted: Jan 25, 2006 11:53 am

Yay! Thanks! It should be a fun night of Gonin'! Let us know either way if we can get in!
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 12:31 pm

That was a pretty crazy night at Murphy's/the graveyard. Just got the one pic of you, Jeff...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/muddy_spear/pa.jpg

Shaun, I'll find out tonight if I can get someone to drive me up to Leeds. If not, I'll just get the coach or something. Can you gimme your phone number in case I need to get in touch?
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 5:37 pm

that was a fun night! the best part was when muddy ripped his shorts off! (jumping off piggly wiggly was pretty crazy too.....)

there are pictures in greg's comments too....... www.myspace.com/xdissent

just scroll down a little bit
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:14 pm

another picture of April with a can of sparks in her hand
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:43 pm

i gotta quit drinking that shit!
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:44 pm

Chris, my house phone is: 0113 230 5403 and my mobile is 07749 147 588 so you better come over. There's a party at my house that night as well so it should be a fun night.
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Is your house anywhere near the National Express coach station? Or could someone pick me up? If I make it that is...
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 7:51 pm

jeff, let us know how the shows go! did you get all of your merch in ok?
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Chris, depends on when you're arriving. Doors are at 7 and the show ends at 10.30 cos they have to kick the audience out and make them pay again for the shitty indie night that goes on afterwards. The venue is not far from the coach station anyway. I can pick you up if you're earlier than 7 otherwise meet you at the coach station and walk to the venue. Come on, it'll be FUN!
Posted: Jan 26, 2006 8:33 pm

yeah, you probably will wanna get there on time if you want to see jeff play.......i heard that he'll play first and only get 15 minutes.....muddy, you should try to make it........when you saw jeff play in memphis he had mono.......i'm sure he'll be much better this time!
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 2:35 pm

Shaun, still not sure if I'm gonna make it but I'll call if I do!

I saw Jeff again at the Buccaneer when he was mono-less and was very impressed!
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Whats mono anyway? Is that when you lose the hearing in one ear?
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 3:58 pm

Hey Shaun & Muddy,
I can totally get you guys in. The show's sold out, but it shouldn't be a problem. The show last night was weird. It seemed like none of the people at the club or the sound people wanted me there. I asked them when I should set up my stuff and they said I wasn't playing, so I asked them why my name was on the poster out front. I ended having 5 minutes to set up and 10 minutes to play. All my gear fell apart, but the people seemed to like it. I even sold some merch. Be Your Own Pet were fucking great. People fucking love them over here. It's crazy! But all in all, the UK blows!
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 4:25 pm

Oh yeah, If you want to see me play, you're going to have to show up really early.
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Thanks a lot, that's great! The UK really is awful isn't it, no wonder I'm semi-insane with boredom. I'll bring you some records if I can get hold of some before I leave. Thanks!!!!!
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 12:51 am

so, shaun........did you guys get in? how'd the show go??
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 12:00 pm

I wouldn't've been able to get there until around 10pm so I didn't think it was worth the 3 hour coach ride if I was gonna miss Jeff. Hope you guys had fun!

Yes, the UK blows, the UK does blow.
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Jeffrey was great. He went on at 7.30 and there was a bunch of people there to see him. He's a super nice guy as well, I enjoyed talking to him. I hope people are gonna check out his records now!
Jeff, thanks for getting us in and thanks for the album and beer! Hope to see you again soon
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 7:08 pm

Yeah, last night was way better. My gear didn't fall apart, and I sold a bunch of merch. All these stupid kids kept coming up to me and telling me that NME is the best music mag, and Oasis is the best band in the world. I kept telling them they were wrong. Horizontal Action is the best music mag, and the the Final Solutions are the best band in the world.
Anyway, it was a blast hanging out with you last night Shaun, I just wish Muddy Spear could have made it. It's really weird watching all these british kids cheer me on after I've been playing "I've Been Raped by the Pinball Machine."
Posted: Jan 28, 2006 8:54 pm

fuck yeah!!
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 6:49 am

Watch out for the hookers at Kings Cross Jeffery! Don't let there "proper" accents fool ya! They is bad news Jeff, bad news.....
Posted: Jan 29, 2006 7:05 am

i'm missing this in NYC by a week.... dammit
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 3:43 pm

Jeff sez "all in all, the UK blows!" That boy's got us taped, innit? Sorry we didn't make it to Bush Hall, Joe P's done summat weird to his shoulder (wanking?), and I'm broke, after finally paying off wedding debts ... Glad to hear you're having some kinda fun, though, young fella!
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 5:37 pm

did you get Matthew into the bush hall show, jeff???
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 3:55 pm

Yeah, Matthew got in, and he's a really cool guy. We got to hang out at his place last night, and he gave us a bunch of cool stuff.
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 5:14 pm

Don't forget Jeff, when they ask you for a "fag" ,they're talkin 'bout a cigarette!

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 5:33 pm

and when they're talking about your bum it's not that homeless man you have carrying t-shirts...
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 7:34 pm

Too-shay Mr. Eric! Too-shay!!!! ha-ha....
Posted: Feb 3, 2006 7:36 pm

And if a it's a bloke talkin' about your bum just call him a cigarette!
Posted: Feb 4, 2006 12:10 pm

If a cigarette asks if you like "fanny" say yes.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:34 pm

do you think the knitting factory show will sell out? or can i get a ticket at the door?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:41 pm

i know jeff said that he gets 5 guest list spots......email him and maybe you can be on it. every show in england ended up being sold out way in advance, but i don't think as many people here know who they are so maybe there won't be as big of a crowd though.....it's hard to tell!

oh.....if you want jeff's email....email me off the board....there's no guarantee that he'll check it in time, but i do know his gf has a laptop.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:41 pm

im sure youll need a ticket BYOP is the hot shit right now...super hot shit
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 5:03 pm

shit, tonight might sell out? i'm gonna show up regardless -- i just check the Knitting Factory website and they still have advance tix (will call) avail but i'm not paying some stupid service charge
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 5:38 pm

Jeff got a review in the NME - I posted what they said in the Memphis forum ...
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:47 pm

what time does jeff play? i gotta go to a friends birthday, but i'm hoping to catch him and run, then maybe make it back to see BYOP.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:31 pm

i dunno what time but i think jeff is 1st out of 4 bands - so prob like 8:30 or maybe 9
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Jeff got a review in the NME - I posted what they said in the Memphis forum ...

holy shit!! that's crazy!

hey paddy........i sent you an email through myspace (your permanent) with jeff's phone number.....call him! don't pay to get in!!
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 11:50 pm

jblundell --- what's your name??? jeff can put you on the list!!

i'm on the phone with him right now.......he's playing at 8pm!!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:44 am | Edited by: jblundell

shucks april! thats nice of you. thanks! my name is keegan. i headed over there early to get the set times. i was glad to spend the 10 bucks to see jeff, though. he's really awesome. had to sprint across town after his set, so i missed PET. they look like fun kids though. wanted to say hi to jeff, but i was rushed. it was nice to see paddybollocks and meet tomdash, though. pine box rock!

i should have tried to get one of those BYOP box sets. did you see the ebay prices on those things?!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:53 am

cool man cool..!! introduce Sparks to the Brittish. Any way J. Novak, have a good fuckin time in UK.!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:14 am

well, i'm glad you got in! jeff said he thinks it might have sold out tonight....apparently alot of people showed up. he said that he put you on the guest list as "jblundell" just in case. are you new in NYC? i used to live there, but i guess we never met.......

cool man cool..!! introduce Sparks to the Brittish. Any way J. Novak, have a good fuckin time in UK.!

you're a little late there, dutch....
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 5:15 am

ah, thanks anyway. i never would have thought to ask if i was "on the list" only did it once. my friend and i were supposed to get into a deadly snakes show through a revolver connection. when we asked at the door, the doorman didn't have anything, so he asked the band. they said "yeah, sure, let 'em in" shocked that anyone was there to see them in providence! it was a bit embarassing.

i am new in NY. maybe i'll meet you next time the rat traps are in town. thanks again
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 5:39 am

cool........we'll be there at the end of april with the fatals......4/26 @ cakeshop and 4/27 @ maxwells
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®