Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / NORTON RECORDS NEW YEARS IN BROOKLYN!
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 10:48 pm

Posted: Dec 13, 2005 4:03 pm

Anyone heard anything about advance tix for this? Union Pool usually doesn't do them, right?
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 4:08 pm

I talked to Billy last night and he didn't mention it. Should be fine to pay at the door.
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Only show I've ever known to sell out at Union Pool was the New Bomb Turks reunion. I'd think with all the usual New Years Eve events, getting in at the door shouldn't be a problem. By the way, where were all the usual folks for the Black Lips show at Maxwell's last weekend? They absolutely killed -- much better than the Brooklyn show the night before.
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I had a nice long talk with Miriam about the B'lips the other night about that show (I wasn't there, but I already knew. I think she just found out). We have the exact same opinion on 'em. They are some really heavy motherfuckers.
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 9:57 pm

what does somebody have to do to get a new norton catalog around here?
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 9:59 pm

You want I should send you one?
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 3:38 am

I wanna go, who's got some frequent flyer miles to donate...
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:00 am

"Anyone heard anything about advance tix for this? Union Pool usually doesn't do them, right?"

Nah, Spazz said they don't do that ever at Union Pool. I suggest camping out on the sidewalk around the 27th. Seriously, the admission gets you in the front, courtyard and back room - that could be a lotta people. Some of the previous bigger shows there - New Bomb Turks, Nathaniel Mayer - were just in the back room. If somebody's coming from outta town and wants to buy tickets the night of the show, we can make sure they get in.

Billy
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 7:07 am

i'd love to hear what miriam thought about the black lips. her writing is always the best.

black lips were awesome at maxwells.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:15 pm

black lips were awesome at maxwells.

I would've liked to make the Maxwell's show, but didn't feel up to the hour & a half trek to Hoboken in the cold, not to mention the hangover. But Friday's show in Greenpoint was a blast too. It was great to see a lot of new faces at a Black Lips show (the place was packed) and the Snipers put on one of their best shows ever, the kids were going wild.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 7:53 pm

Snipers owned that night. It was fun to see the Todd P crowd getting down and trying to sing along to lyrics, half of which I still can't even make out.
Posted: Dec 28, 2005 12:07 am

JEWS!
Posted: Dec 28, 2005 8:58 pm

By far, the Snipers best show. I will dare even say they stole the night.....
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 1:03 am

No question.
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 6:54 pm

You're a question?
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 9:03 pm

I gotta question for ya. What time should me & Andy Die Rottzz show up for the funn tonight. I gotta feelin we might be a mess by that point...
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 9:04 pm

Why is it fucking $20 dollars??? Are the North MS. Allstars making a suprise appearance or somethin?
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 11:57 pm

You're helping to fund the 70 dollar 45 I bought in Cali this past week. Thanks dude!
Posted: Jan 1, 2006 8:36 pm

How'd it go, Joe? Did any of the other DJs get "served"?
Posted: Jan 1, 2006 10:46 pm

Dude it was fucking AMAZING. Erverybody was on point. My last set I got all modern on everybody's narrow ass and played the two best songs of '05: "Waddlin' Around" and "Boomerang." It had to be done, and no once else was gonna do it. This were the only two modern records I brought. Xtine played that Creeteens "Hound Dog" and I thought the walls were gonna colapse! PA-POW!!!

All bands were great, Black Lips sounded like fuckin' pros!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 2:45 am

Oh yeah, I got to meet dr 1000 and Andy from Die Rotzz. GREAT dudes!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 2:46 am

And some bad news, The Mighty Hannibal has been diagnosed with glaucoma and hasn't been taking his drops. He is now blind, but in good spirits.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 3:35 am

Andy from Die Rotzz
A total dude.
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 3:40 am

Totally. Ended up on my floor last night. Whata party!!!!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:08 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

I'm just glad nobody came over here. I might have gone berzerk and started killing all you losers. Not that I don't love you all... YOU RULE!!!
Posted: Jan 2, 2006 4:37 am

Oh wow..I forgot that that is always an option... hmmmm..next time!
Posted: Jan 4, 2006 6:52 am

I had a ball at that thing...too much goin' on! I sat down with Hannibal for a bit, he needed somebody to direct his drinks to his hand. Black Lips are the last thing I remember clearly...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®