Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / The Sadies from Toronto go to N.O.
Quinn
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 6:11 am

Just saw the sadies last night, the band that toured as Andre Williams back up band, open for the Jayhawks, not a bad set. Two brothers, Travis and Dallas, that have done things with Deadly Snakes. kind of inspired by the byrds in the same way as the Reigning Sound. coming to tipitinas (sp?) wed nov 12th...
Alex C
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 6:43 am

The Sadies are one of my favorite bands and they're really good live. Definitely go see them. Its kind of country meets surf meets 60s garage and it works perfectly.
michael bateman
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 7:06 am

actually, don't go see them. go see jackie & the cedrics and howlin' hachima who are japanese and playing the same night with the royal pendletons. circle bar.

thursday night is american death ray at the matador. friday is nathanial mayer at the circle bar. and saturday is PASKA at quintron's house.

eric o
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:12 am

as in PASKA the one man acapella Finnish band?

if so, "Ace Of Spades" is a winner.

Quinn
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:46 am

Well excuuuuuuuse me, I was unaware of these things. Anyway the sadies are nice cats, check them out somewhere along the way.
peg
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 10:23 am

Yeah, the finnish guy on Sat at Quintones, plus a real live witch burning....on Friday before Nay Dog, hot dogs outside the circle bar, free.
moody prick
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 11:22 am

...uh, I like the Sadies 'n all, but they really aint everything and never had to baby sit Andre the way the Strap dudes still do and what the fuck? Jayhawks?

I dunno, I'm drunk and confused

Quinn
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 1:46 am

Yeh, Jayhawks shmayhawks.
scumpuke
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 4:29 am

it's funny how bluegrass gets warped into other music by the newgrass crowd, bluegrass/surf isn't too far off from bluegrass/metal, one of the most rancid combinations in recent history. having said that i was blown away by the sadies the first time i saw them.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®