Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / any shows in chicago 11/14-11/15
razor a go go
Posted: Nov 3, 2003 6:58 pm

worth going to?
Devin
Posted: Nov 3, 2003 9:37 pm

the Mashers at Cal's Liquors (400 S. Wells) on the 14th.
creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 3, 2003 10:34 pm

also on that mashers show will be whiskey dick and bad deals(x-dirtys).
razor a go go
Posted: Nov 3, 2003 11:42 pm

right on...i hope my transportation wants to go. right now i think it's leaning towards the shins and aislers set but fuck if i want to pay $16+fee for a ticket and overpriced beer...
Dale
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 6:42 pm

The Bad Deals not only feature Nick ex-Dirtys but also Brian, once of the Spites and the (Arizona) Blacks and yours truly. We've been compared to the Horrors, the Scientists, the Replacements and the Velvet Underground.

I just saw Whiskey Dick over the weekend and there new songs RULE. Two piece band that uses a lot of slide bar and jangle. Sorta like the Black Keys if they had more punk rock and none of that "BLUESHAMMER" shit going on.

Dale
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 6:51 pm

razor a go go
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 7:40 pm

thanks. hopefully we can make it to one of those.
creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 8:21 pm

dale. do you have any of those flyers printed up? send me some if you do so i can slap a few up.
Dale
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 8:26 pm

I'm going to make a seperate flyer for both nights. That was one I just made up for for my site and shit...I'll get the proper one out to ya in a couple of days.
Dale
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 10:58 pm

Arman,
I've been lazy this week...I guess you could always make a copy of this and use it...

Dale
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 11:13 am

I dug Cal's alot. We got to be loud and stupid and no one complained.

Thanks for the fun Arman...I owe ya one...

creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 8:49 pm

dale, you said y'all would be back after new years, right? i have a date to book on jan. 22/23 if you want to keep that in mind.
Dale
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 11:29 pm

Jordan Mystery Girl was saying something about us possibly heading out that way to play some shows with them in Febuary before they leave for their European tour so that'll probably be the next time we'll be heading out. When I find out what's going on with that I'll let ya know.

I'm sure Whiskey Dick would be interested in playing Chicago in January though.

Hey! I was running a websearch on that Tunnel Of Love band you played me and couldn't find anything. I WANT a copy of that stuff. Ya got any way of getting a hold of them or could you make me a copy?

ps "Belt Buckle Of Power" is my official crank it out loud song for at least the next month or so...

creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 18, 2003 2:48 am

dale, go to www.tunneloflove666.com it has everything you need.
hardly art
Posted: Nov 18, 2003 8:41 pm

tunnel of love = all kinds of great.

at a show at some bro-bar in hartford, they completely destroyed. half the crowd went crazy, the other half were scared. awesome... well, except for us, 'cuz we had to follow them. they make a lot of bands here look bad (and it's not just the tights and cape).

creepydrifter
Posted: Nov 18, 2003 9:06 pm

as i posted before, hamicks had the pleasure of playing with them in boston back in august. i didn't know what to expect, but before the show they were sequesterd in the 'green room' where there was copious amounts of sticky sweet smoke billowing out. small indication there, but the crown/cape/spandex ensembles they were sporting were great. they need to come to chicago.
hardly art, were you in any of the bands that night? i was talking to bob from the konks about them coming to chicago and i think that fizzled. what about some contact info for the traps?
hardly art
Posted: Nov 18, 2003 9:30 pm

no, i wasn't (i play in a band called the tampoffs), but all those guys from that bill are friends. the konks should go to chicago, and wherever else. as should the traps. more people need to hear those jokers...

but yeah, as for the traps, i'm pretty sure guitar player eric's email address is lulamiss@hotmail.com. hope that helps.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®