Posted: Oct 25, 2003 3:11 am

fri Los Angeles at: THUNDERBIRD w/ The Chopsticks
sat San Francisco at: HEMLOCK w/ The Flakes
mon Memphis at: MURPHYS
tue Jackson at: MARTIN'S
wed New Orleans at: CIRCLE BAR with HARAHAN FATS ONE MAN BAND
thu Houston at: RUDYARDS
fri San Antonio at: Warehouse SECRET SHOW! with WHITE HEAT
sat Austin at: afternoon birthday barbecue blowout at BEERLAND!
sat Austin at: "Night Time at Nasty's" w/ the Ugly Beats
eric o
Posted: Oct 25, 2003 3:12 am

oops, that's NOV 7-15!!!!
Texas Rollergirl
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 7:09 pm

YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!!

Whoo-Hoo! Two shows in one day!!

ROCK!
Sherry

Scott
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 12:03 am

The Memphis show is Jackie & the Cedrics AND the Ultra Cats!
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 12:10 am

Is Royal Pendletons playin' w/ Jackie And the Cedrics in NOLA too or just Harahan?
eric o
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 8:05 am

looks like the pendletons, right?
louie
Posted: Nov 4, 2003 10:10 am

clickems cover band!!!
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 5, 2003 12:47 am

I'd like to see THAT!
Goubler
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 12:21 am

knock yerself out; i aint doin'it.
CS Eunuch
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 1:39 am

Howlin' Hachima is still coming along with 'em, right? Our local paper (i.e. me) has proclaimed this show "better than sensual Asian massage."
eric o
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 3:55 am

JACKIE & THE CEDRICS SOUTHERN TOUR![/b[
all shows with [b]HOWLIN HACHIMA!

http://www.howlinhachima.com
---------------------

latest update:

NOV
10 monday MEMPHIS
Murphy's:
with ULTRACATS

11 tue Jackson
Martin's: 214 South State St
with Wes/ Marsh Miracle Band?

12 wed New Orleans
Circle Bar
with Royal Pendletons and maybe King Harahan Fats

13 thursday Houston
Rudyards
2010 Waugh Drive

14 fri San Antonio
CABEZA DE PIEDRA (secret warehouse show)
intersection El Paso & South Frio
White Heat and beers

15 Beerland Birthday Bash- Afternoon show

later
with UGLYBEATS at NASTYS

-----------

go see 'em!

superfly
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 4:59 am

Hey Eric, Beerland has the show listed at 8:00, not the afternoon.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 5:34 am

Goub,we wouldn't have to lift a finger-it's a cover,uh,"tribute" band,y'know?

I nominate Crowbar to do the duties since Goatwhore's too busy (shit,they musta opened up 3 different Metal package tours here in as many months!!!)

No Jackie and his Cedrics on thePacific NorthLeft,mebbe next time?

superfly
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 5:53 am

I posted too soon, the website now says its a matinee show @ 7:00.
eric o
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 6:20 am

okay, earlier ish show- 2 shows one night.

or they were gonna consolidate. are the uglybeats on the beerland bill?

superfly
Posted: Nov 6, 2003 5:13 pm

The Ugly Beats are not listed, but that really doesn't mean anything.
eric o
Posted: Nov 7, 2003 7:38 am

so... probably still go with UGLYBEATS with the CEDRICS and HACHIMAS at NASTYS that night- until further notice!
Quinn
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:41 am

Quinn
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 9:42 am

Looks cool, tell me more cuz i'm ignorant to who they are eric-san.
eric o
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 10:23 am

yes sir, kinda nutty, kinda clean, kinda 1963. instro/surf schtick in suits, willing to do a backflip onto a backflop on a monitor if inebriated enough. i could show you a great video of 'em jammin with a bunch of go-go dancing japanese ladies that would make your week. last time through, they TORE IT UP with a nutsoid mini-keyboard player going bananas in the back room at the arcade (think that was the last time they were here- it's been a while.) first time through they played with cordell jackson at downtown barristers- one of the most fun shows ever. anyway, they're super, guitarist enocky was/is seiji from guitar wolf's guitar sensei (don't know what that means about his teachings, but...)

i say it's gonna be fun if you wanna have fun. know nothing about the howlin hachima other than the japanese will almost always go the extra kilometer to entertain.

with the always fantastic ULTRACATS, too!

THE BAUMER
Posted: Nov 10, 2003 6:22 pm

eric, do they need directions to the jackson show? they probably need to get to martin's between 9-10.

drop me a line at wwilliams@tra.net

Quinn
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 1:49 am

Sounds good, see ya there.
Jughead
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 9:29 pm

Holy Cow, what a show! Jackie & the Cedrics were great, as were the Ultracats ("OOTRUCOTS! Soo cute!" says Jelly Bean), but the Howlin' Hachima stole the show. That was the most rockin' hill country blues band ever!
Quinn
Posted: Nov 11, 2003 9:39 pm

Missed Hachima, but J. and The Cedrics were like something straight out of a Dan Clowes comic. they did an amazing rendition of "walk don't run"
CS Eunuch
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 9:53 pm

oh. my. god. IT'S SHOWTIME!!! Howlin' Hachima ruled. That drummer is insanely fucking bananas. Jackie & The Cedrics tore it too. "Sank you, Yak-san. You guys are crazy!!!"
CS Eunuch
Posted: Nov 12, 2003 9:54 pm

tore it UP, that is.
THE BAUMER
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:30 am

that was one surreal dance party - skinny japanese guys belting out their best r.l. burnside impersonations and going completely nutso. the surprisingly large crowd couldn't get enough howlin' hachima. you would've never guessed it was tuesday night. hachima started fairly late (vainly waiting for the "mississippi miracle band" to take the stage) and rode the "ok! just one moah song!" for about half a dozen extra numbers, so i wound up having to bail a few songs into the cedrics set. but they seemed to be getting the drunken debris back on their feet.

i have a few pix i could post if somebody could give simple instructions. or do i have to find another web site to host the file first?

THE BAUMER
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:34 am

oh yeah, i picked up some lunch from soulshine pizza across from martin's today and the hippies were all talking about how those wild japanese guys blew their minds.

somebody needs to hook howlin' hachima up with a slot at the delta blues fest juke stage. they would spark a gin-fueled riot.

Scott
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 1:55 am

Holy fuck! Holy Fuck1 My mind is still reeling for Howlin' Hachima! Murphy's was packed wall to wall on a Monday night! The Ultra Cats were great(as always). The Cedrics were great(as always), but then a lot of the Memphis crowd decided it was late AND Monday night. Those that stayed were winding down and probably leaving soon themselves. Howlin' Hachima got up to play, and nobody gave a fuck...at first. Within three songs evrybody left was going completely apeshit! Justice said he was giving up music, and I'm thinking hard about it myself. That the best show I've seen in a long time. Everone who left early that night made the biggest mistake of their lives. If you like Rock and Roll, that is.
Rattlesnake
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 8:19 am

Austin Saturday Nov 15

Nasty's (normal time)
Jackie & the Cedrics
Howlin Hachima
The Ugly Beats
(DJ Scott Gardner?)

Beerland Saturday Nov 15

EARLY BBQ 7PM
Jackie and The Cedrics
Howlin Hachima
(normal time)Austin CREEPout!
00 Spies
Jesus Christ Superfly
The Ends
White Heat

michael bateman
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 10:37 pm

DAMN! Maybe everyone else SHOULD hang up their instruments. I guess there are bands that inspire people to start bands, and then there's bands that will inspire you to GIVE UP and give up NOW.

I think I shook my head in disbelief the entire time.

Fuck the Yardbirds. HOWLIN' HACHIMA!! Pookadoo!!!! Pookadoo!!!!!!

I will cut-and-paste these ravings of mine anywhere and everywhere!

dr1000
Posted: Nov 13, 2003 11:34 pm

Jackie and the Cedrics' set list from the New Orleans show:

Womb Raider
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 7:18 am

I'm pissed they didn't play のコメント or 台場に轟音を.
dr1000
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 6:31 pm

Come on, Martel, there's such a thing as musical growth. You just have to accept it.
Scott
Posted: Nov 14, 2003 11:06 pm

I have a musical growth on my ass. Whenever I rub it it plays the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
STARCHILD
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 7:32 am

HAVE VIDEO - WILL TRAVEL.
eric o
Posted: Nov 17, 2003 11:31 pm

hey hey hey! thanks to all who hosted these shows, and everyone who showed up and spread the word. despite having the howlin hachima bass stolen at their show in memphis (real good southern hospitality, idiots), all i've heard about the shows has been head-spurting raves- especially scott rogers and justice quitting music after seeing 'em! (that's a joke, scott.) actually, scott can't quit or 15 memphis bands would go defunct. and if justice quits, then the final solutions and (we are) the rats and the justice natchez band go, too... no good.

but yeah, thanks and i hope everyone had a blast!

BOWL IT, BABY!

dangerouspinkie
Posted: Nov 18, 2003 7:35 pm

hey starchild. . .would love a copy of any video you have. my e-mail is justicenatchez@yahoo.com. i'll trade or buy or something. thanks.
Scott
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 1:44 am

Me too!

scott@thecooljerks.com

Oh, and Eric, I can only think of 3 bands(including The Rats)that would suffer(and not much) from me quiting music. Plus any suffering caused would be far outweighed by the suffering that would be spared the music lovers in town.

eric o
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 7:52 am

yeah, i guess you're right.
michael bateman
Posted: Nov 21, 2003 6:30 pm

Me three!

clickemyouth@yahoo.com

Plenty of videos or a little cash to trade.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®