Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / ROYAL PENDLETONS TONIGHT 10/25 CIRCLE BAR NEW ORLEANS
eric o
Posted: Oct 26, 2003 1:16 am

from MATT:

Yes you read that right. the Masters of Disaster, the Most Royal Pendletons esq, will be holding forth tomorrow night, Sat. Oct. 25 at the Circle Bar on St. Charles avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana. This is the ORIGINAL lineup consisting of Mike "shatter" Hurtt, Matt "sore loser"
Uhlman, King Louie, and George Thomas Oliver the Fourth. This is the original lineup's first show in freakin FIVE years. we have not played
together in any capacity in those five years. or even been in the same room together in five years. we have not and will NOT practice.

We will convene at Tommy's apartment in the French Quarter several hours before the show and commence drinking. When the drinking ends, the music begins. get ready for mayhem on the highest order.

I just found out about it myself and I'm the
guitar player. for those of you that know us, you realize that this is Par for the course.

michael bateman
Posted: Oct 26, 2003 3:15 am

I knew about it before Matt did - for those of you keeping score.
A windswept feather
Posted: Oct 26, 2003 3:57 am

I'm not familiar with these bands, but what you wrote here colours me inspired. Long live the Masters of Disaster!
eric o
Posted: Oct 26, 2003 7:45 pm

i think everyone knew about it before mike did... how was the show???
michael bateman
Posted: Oct 26, 2003 9:47 pm

GREAT! Really.

I'll Be Gone, Smokin, Death Of An Angel, Sheep Suit, Ain't That Lovin' You Baby, Shy Heart, Glendora, I'm Gonna Leave, Nothing Takes The Place Of You, Hot Rod Dissertation, Stormy...can't remember what else.

Tell Jackie and the Cedrics they're playing with the Pendletons at the Circle!

michael bateman
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 1:09 am

Oh and they actually played "Roaches." Didn't see that one coming. That might've been the one where Louie dropped his drumstick and had to play the snare with his hand for the rest of the song.
Goubler
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 3:20 am

anyone who sends me the Clickems cdr gets a MUMMIES/SUPERCHARGER/PENDLETONS video; relive the glory days of the early 90's Garage-Rehash movement for the price of a blank cd and postage!!!
Texas Rollergirl
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 6:51 pm

Goubler:

What's your email so I can take advantage of yer offer!

ROCK!
Sherry-Berry

Texas Rollergirl
Posted: Oct 27, 2003 7:22 pm

I was secretly hoping that the Pendletons would have been the undisclosed band to play w/ the Oblivians!

Sigh...would'da gave my roommates right arm to have been there!!

moVe!
Sherry

Goubler
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 3:03 am

sherry:
worldsgreatestsinner@yahoo.com is my email.
Texas Rollergirl
Posted: Oct 29, 2003 8:07 am

I wished everyone was forced to wear Goner name tags in Memphis.

Thanks loads, Goubler!

Goubler
Posted: Oct 31, 2003 4:57 am

...no problem...lemme know if you gots the clickems cdr.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®