Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / Nathaniel Mayer and Black Keys on tour together
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 4:38 pm

For the 11/10 - 11/19 dates on the Black Keys tour, my two good buddies from Detroit, Troy Gregory (Dirtbombs, Witches, Stepsisters) and Matthew Smith (Outrageous Cherry, Volebeats) will be playing in Nathaniel Mayer's band as he opens for the Black Keys. So, its Troy on bass, Smith on guitar and Dave Shettler on drums (formerly of the Sights and a regular Shanks member now).

Catch them thusly:
11/10 - Brooklyn @ Warsaw (Williamsburg)
11/11 - Philly @ THeatre of the Living Arts
11/12 - DC @ 9:30 Club
11/13 - Baltimore @ Rams Head Live
11/15 - New Haven @ Toad's Place
11/16 - Boston @ Avalon
11/17 - Montreal, CN @ La Tulipe
11/18 - Ottowa, CN @ Barrymore's
11/19 - Toronto, CN @ Opera House

a word about my buddy, Troy.... don't remember if it was Nathaniel or Andre Williams, but one of them said that "Troy Gregory don't play like no white boy." That's an endorsement, if ever. Say HI to my pal Laura on the merch table!
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 9:09 pm

remember how troy ripped it down as the only remaining bass player for the dirtboms show at the Knit? he just pummeled through.
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 10:37 pm

What happened to Jeff Meyer?
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 10:53 pm

Filing a lawsuit against himself, maybe?
Posted: Nov 10, 2005 11:25 pm

ummm if you're going to this show at Warsaw.... leave after Nathanial Mayer and scoot on over to the Orphanage and catch the first Triple Trouble show, OK ... it's convenient
Posted: Nov 10, 2005 11:47 pm

Theresa - you going to this show in New York? Tell Shettler to give Rob in Toronto a holler before he gets here - thanks, R.
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Nay Dog is also headlining at the Knitting Factory this Monday, Nov. 14. Word has it killed at Warsaw last night!
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 7:39 pm

Driver - I'm in LA but can call Shettler...
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 9:23 pm

cool - I'll email my number through your website.
Posted: Nov 12, 2005 12:25 am

OK - just make sure you put something like Shettler or Goner in the subject so it jumps out at me. Thanks
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®