Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Anyone else gonna be Crunchy Blac for Halloween?
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 5:13 pm

Posted: Oct 26, 2005 5:56 pm

Iíve never been to Memphis before. Is it a scary place or something?
Crunchy Blac: They pretty cool in Memphis. They show you some love if you come from somewhere else. But if you go to the wrong part, yeah, itís scary as hell.

What would be the wrong part?
Crunchy Blac: South Memphis, North Memphis.

Thatís everything.
Crunchy Blac: If you go to South Memphis there ainít really no good parts unless itís on South Parkway. Thereís a couple record stores there. And then if youíre in North Memphis, there ainít no parts for you to be in.

He should be working for the Chamber of Commerce with that succinct and ohsotrue geographical insight!
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 5:59 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Sorry for the double post, but that interview is great. The movie ideas are genius...what the hell is The Return of the Big Cat?????? was there an The Original Appearance of The Big Cat?
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:06 pm | Edited by: Matthew

considering that La Chat has a single called "Slob on My Cat" (which rules, btdubs...sample some here-->Slob on my Cat, cause you know it's fat)
I think it's about ladyparts.

sorry I said ladyparts.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:32 pm | Edited by: eric o

Vice: Three 6 beats are buck, but theyíre dark at the same time.
Crunchy Blac: Itís street darkness. It ainít got nuthiní to do with no devil worship. Itís just, you know, we like to be more street than anybody else. We like to be a little harder and a little bit darker, like a lot of bass or, you know, scary sounds to go with the raps. You see what Iím sayiní?

What about that kind of darkness appeals to you? What role does darkness play in your music?
DJ Paul: We dark.

How so?
DJ Paul: We dark peopleówe niggers.

Oh. OK.
Juicy J: No, we just like the evil image. The darkness. The whole thing.

Right. I remember back when you were called the Tear the Club Up Thugs, your magazine ads had all kinds of blood and shit, you know?
DJ Paul: Before that man, when it first started off, me and Lord Infamousóthatís my brotherówe was in a group together called the Serial Killers.

Iíve never been to Memphis before. Is it a scary place or something?
Crunchy Blac: They pretty cool in Memphis. They show you some love if you come from somewhere else. But if you go to the wrong part, yeah, itís scary as hell.

What would be the wrong part?
Crunchy Blac: South Memphis, North Memphis.

Thatís everything.
Crunchy Blac: If you go to South Memphis there ainít really no good parts unless itís on South Parkway. Thereís a couple record stores there. And then if youíre in North Memphis, there ainít no parts for you to be in.

If I were to come down there anyway, what would I want to do?
Juicy J: You would want to go to the strip clubs and get some barbecue.
DJ Paul: Yep.
Juicy J: Thatís what Memphis is about: pork and women.

Pork and women? Sometimes at the same time?
Juicy J: Pork and women.

What do you do back in Memphis on Halloween?
Crunchy Blac: Itís so crazy in Memphis, man, some people put stuff in candy. So we donít really let our kids roam, like Halloween-style. We probably throw a big party somewhere for the kids. Folks be crazy these days. They put stuff in the candy and try to hurt your kids.
DJ Paul: In Memphis, on Halloween, everybody throw eggs. They get like 12 or 13 cartons of eggs, throw íem.
Juicy J: Memphis love Halloween. You know, we was the robber capital of the whole country so we need a reason to wear masks and get away with it.

If you had to pick out a Halloween costume for yourself right now, what do you think you would go for?
Crunchy Blac: The Grim Reaper.
Juicy J: If I was going to go trick-or-treating right now for real, Iíd get dressed up in all black. Iíd wear all black, man. All black with a black Jason mask. I got one of them at the house.

You guys make movies. Have you ever thought of making a horror movie?
Crunchy Blac: Weíve thought about it. We have a new movie called Cleanup Men. Then we going to work on a couple more like Choices 3, The Return of the Big Cat, and The Streets of Memphis. There will be a little scary stuff in Streets of Memphis.
DJ Paul: I want to make a real horror movie, but we donít know how to act that good. You really gotta know how to act to play like you gettiní killed.

Whatís your favorite horror movie?
Juicy J: Texas Chainsaw.

The original one, right? Whatíd you think of the remake?
DJ Paul: I liked the remake!

Yeah, but the original was better because it looked like a real home movie or something.
Juicy J: Yeah, yeah. Thatís what made it better. It was dark. It was cheap.

Crunchy Blac, what would you say is your role in the group?
Crunchy Blac: Iím the dancer, Iím the backer-upper, Iím just me, man. Everybody got a role and my role is Iím the gutter one, watching everybodyís back. I canít do nothiní fake. I canít do no pretending.

In the ďStay FlyĒ video, Juicy J you have this shirt on that I really like. Itís black and itís got green skulls on it.
Juicy J: Yeah, Iím gonna put it on eBay. You want to buy it?

Maybe. How much is it gonna go for?
Juicy J: Weíre starting the bidding at $1,500.

Whereíd it come from? It looks like some weird bootleg Misfits shirt.
Juicy J: I donít know. My stylist guy, he found it from somewhere.

-WHOADIE ALLEN
Three 6 Mafiaís new album The Known Unknowns is in stores now. Its lead single, ďStay Fly,Ē is probably the best piece of music to come out in 2005.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 6:39 pm

Thatís what Memphis is about: pork and women.

excellent.

i'm eagerly anticipating this being featured in a new tourism campaign.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 1:12 am

Matt Muscle is going to be the BEER LOOTER for halloween!!!
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 4:15 am

ima loot his damn beer looter costume. that was mines!

dammit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®