Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Officer Selby (Shelby?)..
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 4:26 pm

The Bike Cop with the white walrus moustache. Anyone else familiar with him?
I thougth I saw him yesterday with a gaggle of Black Motorcycle Gang conventioneers pulled over on Sam Cooper.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 4:30 pm

could be the last days of officer walrus.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:12 pm

officer selby was killed in the line of duty. check out this link for more info...
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:15 pm

Was he really? Wow!
He gave me my first speeding ticket.

Well, there is some motorcycle cop out there carrying on the white moustache tradition, I assure you.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:16 pm

Thanks, hhjack. Didn't know that. No disrespect, just admiration for the moustache.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:49 pm

i heard his son is now on the force. maybe he's honoring his father with that same signature moustache?
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:51 pm

Dunno. I was originally checking for anyone else who got popped by him. Now I feel like eating my shoe.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 6:58 pm

I don't think thats the same Selby. I thought Selby got reassigned to the Med. I too got my first speeding ticket from him.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:08 pm

Not sure, either. As long as I've seen him, the Selby I know was a motorcycle cop. Can Motorcycle officers be Narc officers, too?
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:15 pm

Fuck commercial appeal for having a pathetic search engine. I know I read about him getting "promoted" to the Med where he would not be issuing any more tickets.

okay, the motorcycle cop is Owen Selby of MPD, the other guy George Selby
was a Shelby County sheriff. Although, one article said they are related.

Fuck the Memphis flyer for not putting dates on their articles
http://www.memphisflyer.com/backissues/issue425/cvr425.htm

and any officer can be a narc. they can stop you for reasonable suspicion, and search you with probable cause. or something like that.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:19 pm

Yeah, I thought the moustached, motorcycle man had to stop giving tickets for a bit. Thanks, hemant!
My shoe tasted horrible.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:21 pm

Y'all remind me to never be a witness for murder, or anything....
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:21 pm

About a year and a half ago, Hollis & I got pulled over in Downtown PDX drunk as hell (yeah, I know I know) becasue I threw my cigarette out the window. It could have potentially been a very bad scene as we had drugs on us too. Well, even though his license was suspended in 2 states, the cop nicely asked me how much I had to drink (I said "Just a couple of drinks officer") and he said, "Well, you're lucky cos I am not a DUI cop and I smell liquor on you, but if she drives, you can go on home." WHAT??!?!?! What the hell was THAT? "Not a DUI cop"?????
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 11:08 pm

Maybe he was only a fireman.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 5:26 am

Officer Selby, he of the walrus mustache, lived downtown...down the hall from me in the early 80s at the West Court apartments. He smoked a lot of dope. Hope to hell there's no MPD frequenting this board.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 6:34 am

officer dangle
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 6:35 am

officers Balls pulled me over cause i was doing 420 in a 69. www.311.com
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 6:08 pm

bottom of peabody near cooper was a favorite hangout fo' the mustachioed police at one point, but i ain't seen 'em there in a while (lesbians at just one more complained? or maybe new ridiculous townhouse owners?) actually i haven't seen a cop with a speed gun in a while....
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 1:01 am

He got me going down the hill on Walnut Grove behind East High, bastard.

I am betting the doctor he kept trying to pull over got him reassigned. Made him go over to the Med and watch a few people die because he wanted to give the doc a speeding ticket.
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 4:20 pm

i used to see him on union by lindenwood church,i think.my brother had a rock 103 sticker on his car with a walrus on it that looked just like owen selby.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 6:37 pm

That was definitely a different Selby that was killed. I used to work with a girl who knew the Selby that got killed in the drug bust. Ive seen Selby the traffic cop in the last few months or so.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 1:35 am

yep different guy
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 11:31 pm

Selby pulled me over in '95 at Peabody and Cooper when I was out running errands for studio. He was giving me the ol' "you'd better slow down there, little lady" treatment -acting very badass,of course- when he stuck his hand in my window to pet Dora, the studio dog. Bad idea . She nearly took his hand off . I think he nearly pissed on himself. He was really embarrassed and immediately let me go. It pays to have a beligerent slobbering old bitch with you sometimes....
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 2:52 pm

Well if that's the truth, then I've got to start taking my mother-in-law everywhere!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®