Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / BIGFOOT LODGE IS OPEN!
Posted: Jun 26, 2005 7:58 pm

and, reportedly, really, really crowded.

anybody check it out?
Posted: Jun 26, 2005 8:20 pm

where and what is it?
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 3:10 pm

Food, right? Errrrr, sasquatch, right?
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 4:00 pm

All my co-workers talk about is getting a 4 pound burger there, but the wait is still too long.
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 5:25 pm

BFL* update
cold brew. good tunes. alternative atmosphere.
first rate ladies.
i need a doggy bag this place is too much.
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 6:55 pm

Excellent logo. Menu items that might or might not exist. I'm on my way.
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 10:55 pm

Is this associated with the Bigfoot in LA and SF?? Anybody know?
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 11:01 pm

Same thing, I think.
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 11:12 pm

4 pound burgers?

will goner be shipping these?
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 11:16 pm

the Bigfoot here doesn't have food, yours has food? Lucky fucks.
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 11:18 pm

no food at the Foot?

wha?
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 12:31 am

this is from Memphis Business Journal:

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2005/06/06/story6.html?page=1

by Carolyn Park

A new restaurant will soon be joining the Downtown scene, offering an eclectic menu of everything from barbecue eggrolls to deep-fried Cornish hen and live Maine lobster.

Big Foot Lodge is opening to the public June 13 at 97 S. Second St., and owners Shawn and Lana Danko hope it'll leave prints.

It's a theme restaurant born from Shawn Danko's nearly 20 years in the restaurant industry.

The restaurant and bar will accommodate up to 160 people in a setting of massive Tennessee river rock columns, white pine siding walls, a large stone fireplace, diverse collection of hunting trophies and log cabin decor.

The interior design is meant to be impressive, yet cozy, says Lana Danko, who also works in sales and marketing for WRVR and 94.1 The Buzz.

"We want everything to be sort of a wow factor," she says.

There will be tunes flowing from a jukebox and an 8-foot image of Big Foot, commissioned from a local artist, greeting customers.

The couple have talked about opening a restaurant together for more than four years.

"We really thought we were just dreaming," Lana Danko says.

But about a year ago, Shawn Danko decided it was time to stop dreaming and make it happen.

He says he chose the Second Street location, which formerly housed the Amber Palace, because of its proximity to other area restaurants, The Peabody, FedExForum, AutoZone Park and other Downtown businesses and attractions. Big Foot Lodge will offer a new, family-oriented, casual lunch and dinner option for area business people, residents and visitors.

In addition to unique menu choices like corn-brauts, S'mores you can cook at your table and bacon, lettuce and fried-green tomato sandwiches, there will be a children's menu with staples such as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and hamburgers. More adventurous dinners may opt for the 4-pound hamburger, which the restaurant will offer free of charge to customers who can wolf it down solo in an hour. Menu items will be moderately priced, with no items above $19.99.

The Dankos say everything from the menu to the decor are a culmination of original, borrowed and sometimes modified ideas taken from their experiences and travels throughout the years.

"It's Americana, with a twist," says Shawn Danko.

The pair are hoping it's a concept unique enough to sell. Their plans are to open five Big Foot Lodge restaurants within six years, and possibly move to franchising after that. But they know Big Foot has a battle ahead.

"It's really difficult to come up with a truly original idea," says Sean McCarty, who is in advertising with Clear Channel Outdoor and has known the couple for about five years.

A 14-year resident of Downtown, McCarty says he's witnessed the endless procession of restaurants coming and going to the area. Some places make it, but most don't. He is confident Shawn Danko's experience in the industry and the restaurant's unique concept will enable Big Foot Lodge to stay the course.

Originally from Montreal, Danko came to Memphis five years ago via Myrtle Beach, S.C. He worked for Hard Rock Cafe for 13 years, serving as a general manager in its Montreal, Myrtle Beach and Memphis locations.

He and his wife, both Memphis transplants, say they fell in love with the city and are excited about being a part of its thriving Downtown.

As for the Big Foot name, Danko says he was inspired by The Bigfoot Lodge cocktail lounge and bar, which also sports a log cabin theme and has locations in San Francisco and Los Angeles. But Danko says there's no association.

"It's just a fun name," he says.
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 1:17 am

yeah!
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 1:47 am

Yeah, I was thinking of opening a clown themed burger joint called MacDonalds, "inspired" by the McDonald's chain

Perfect. What downtown messenger will be serving this pair with their Cease and Desist?
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 1:55 am

"It's really difficult to come up with a truly original idea"

I missed this perfect little quote the first time.
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 2:52 am

There are so many perfect lines up there. I like the "wow" factor line.
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 6:52 am | Edited by: Hadda Bad Day

Huh, so I guess the Tenessee restauranteur WAS merely inspired by the bars here in California.

It is hard to come up with a truly original idea...
...and so much easier to just steal one!
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 6:52 am

deep-fried Cornish hen
ewww.
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 5:07 pm

DANK
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 5:18 pm

so stupid that it just might work!
Posted: Jun 28, 2005 10:47 pm

burger queen,honey! With a singing drag queen wait staff!(i belive this has been done in the lower east side)
Posted: Jun 29, 2005 3:15 am

Scotttttt! Cornish Hen, buddy! Lunch! Friday!
Posted: Jun 29, 2005 5:01 pm

i dont think yall heard me. I said First RATE LADIES!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 29, 2005 5:06 pm

What's the difference?
Posted: Jun 29, 2005 11:12 pm

i just talked to emily, who's selling the cool pillows & wallets in our store. She and Yvonne Bobo made the Bigfoot that stands in the Bigfoot Lodge. Pretty cool. Also said the food... sucks.
Posted: Jun 29, 2005 11:15 pm

Did she try the Kraft Mac n Cheese? I am sure that is good as hell!
Posted: Jun 30, 2005 7:36 am

I went there for the big opening extravaganza ( a friend of mine did the faux-fininshing in the restrooms and dragged a few of us along) and I gotta say, the food was not THAT bad. IF you hate meat you probably won't dig it, but the prime rib was decent and the oversized fried chocalate chip cookie a' la mode est magnifique. but what the hell do I know, I'm the guy who eagerly awaits the Hooters opening soon in walking distance from my office.
Posted: Jun 30, 2005 4:40 pm

i'm just glad they got them talaban fuckers out of there. tandoori my ass gimme some meat.. and lots of it with a fucking lobster sticking out the top and roman candles exploding over my table in bursts of the ol' red white and blue..ps i can't wait to cozy up to that great big fire place in the middle of august
Posted: Jun 30, 2005 4:42 pm

fuck bigfoot
Posted: Jun 30, 2005 5:20 pm

in other bigfoot news, the makers of napolean dynamite are currently in portland, shooting a bigfoot story called "sasquatch dumpling gang."
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 5:39 pm

hope it's not quirky!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 6:52 pm

You people clearly have nothing better to do with your time than to bash up and coming business owners! What the hell do you all do??? Work in record stores and fast food joints? Or most of you all probably don't even have jobs!!! You probably still live in your mother's basement and have dumb ass rock posters taped to your walls! You probably don't have girlfriends (or boyfriends) and never will by the sounds of it! You wouldn't know a good place to eat if it slapped you upside the head!! GET A LIFE!!!

BIGFOOT LODGE is great, and if you ever crawled out from your basement apartments (for which you don't pay rent!!) you would know that the food is great, the atmosphere is awesome and the staff are fantastic!!!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 6:54 pm

Shut the fuck up! There's a D&D Game going on....
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 7:33 pm

BIGFOOT FANS UNITE!

uh, there's not so many basement apartments in memphis.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 7:52 pm

Finally a word from the other side! I love this bigfoot fan!

Please tell us more about the great food, awesome atmosphere and fantastic staff!!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 7:59 pm

....and then Yar, who's a 8th level chaotic neutral fighter draws his broadsword, and smites the mind flayer, doing 20 hit points of damage....

...but not before he sits down to a delicious appertif and cheese sticks....
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 8:06 pm

I may be unemployed but my mother loves me being here with her.

And no I presently do not have a boyfriend, but when I do finally get one we will go to the this Lodge place and buy kraft mac-n-cheese b/c that will feel so much like home down here in the basement with my hotplate.

And I' am sorry, bigfoot fan, but if you saw my poster collection I think you might consider taking that one jab back. I mean, you really would.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:14 pm

D&D???!!! what the fuck!!! it's not the 80's anymore!!! LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!

You people are clearly not the customer that this restaurant WANTS to attract, so I take back my comments about your bad taste...it clearly doesn't matter what the hell you think!!!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:26 pm

Bigfoot mad! Bigfoot's image co-opted by soulless restauranteur! Gaarrrrrrrrrhhhhgg!!!! Bigfoot going to abduct children of Memphis!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:44 pm

what the hell is that supposed to mean??? that's themost retarded thing I've read (besides the messages from the D&D guy...) on this website...you're a freak 'Bigfoot' & you have no right using that name...
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Bigfoot... I think you've been walking alone in the woods a little too long. You need to get back to civilization. Get back into society. Learn some social skills (how to use cutlery, and speaking proper English is a good start!).
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:53 pm

it's on! commence the bitch-slapping! bigfoot v. bigfooters!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:01 pm

Excuse me? and who are YOU?
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:05 pm

you're excused. now get back to the hair pulling!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:07 pm

No hair pulling. We're civilized. (well, except "Jack Stands"... he's a little freakish...scary-freakish)
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:17 pm

bifgoo
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:17 pm

oops.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:21 pm

"Bifgoo" ?? dude... lay off the crack!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:25 pm

....But Crom was with us that day, because our party rolled the four-sided die consistently in the upper marks, and allowed us to advance on the Orcs. Lucky thing, too, because Madrian the Elder (half-elf cleric princess) was losing her protection spell +9 pretty fast....
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:32 pm

Jack... seriously dude... you need some help. SERIOUS help. Get out of your trailerhome and get some fresh air. And lemme-tell-ya... if you want a good meal to start your rehab off right, then head over to Bigfoot. They'll treat you well (yes, even YOU!), and the food is awesome.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 10:42 pm

BIFGOO! BIFGOO! BIFGOO!
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 11:34 pm

If you do a google search for "Bigfoot Lodge Memphis", this goner thread is the webpage that comes up.

Maybe somebody should stop being so mean and buy some banner ad space up at the top of this page.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 11:47 pm

jeez, goners having bad taste.

that stings.
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 12:05 am

Is it my turn to roll the twenty sided die?
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 12:08 am

Wwwrrrraaarrrrgh!!! Who tells bigfoot he has no right to use his own name!!! Bigfoot lounge has no right using Bigfoot's name! Bigfoot jumping up and down in fit of rage! Yyyyaaaaaaarrrrrrgghhh!! Bigfoot not some shill for shitty restaurant!
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 1:33 am

"There's a rumor that we have that dish, but no hard evidence, care for anything else?"

Thanks, E.
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 1:43 am

Bigfoot, it's gonna get worse. You spend all your life like me, in the Himalayas, away from everybody, and they turn you into this:
http://www.yetti-radventures.com/home.htm

I don't even want to mention what they've done to the Unicorn and Santa Claus.
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 5:41 am

Dude, we should start a gang!
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 2:25 pm

Bigfoot very depressed by all this exploitation. Bigfoot just want to curl up under big tree with 4 pound burger and cheese fries. Wwrraargh.
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Dudes, I'm in (on the gang).
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 6:10 pm

Can someone get in touch with the Chupacabra?
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 6:20 pm

I'd hit him up, but the call is long distance. You got the Jersey Devil's digits?
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 6:56 pm

Yeah, I got him through Myspace.

If Nessie doesn't add me to her friends soon, I don't know what I'll do.
Posted: Jul 13, 2005 8:41 pm

If you do a google search for "Bigfoot Lodge Memphis", this goner thread is the webpage that comes up.

Blaaaaaa---HAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Awwww too funny!

P.S. NEAT-O about that loverly Bobo-lady and pal doing the Bigfoo!
Posted: Jul 14, 2005 5:12 pm

Good God ... isn't there a Star Trek convention you're all late for??
Posted: Jul 14, 2005 5:26 pm

I love the Bigfoot bar in L.A......great place, strong drinks...but they dont have a 4-pound burger....thats what you do, steal an idea and add a four pound burger, then you are on top. Seriously, i heard the food is pretty good.
Posted: Jul 15, 2005 4:18 pm

the food IS great!!!

...you have to have the deep fried pickles! they're awesome! they make all their dressings and sauces in house, there's nothing from a Kraft bottle...the deep fried egg rolls are yum-a-liscious!...the catfish, well...you'll just have to try it for yourself, but i think it's the best in the state!!

ya, the portions are big, but the prices aren't and the menu certainly can't be found ANYWHERE else!! you gotta go!!
Posted: Jul 15, 2005 4:23 pm

love me some deep fried pickles. had me some good ones at BB KING'S joint on beale about 10 years ago. oh, and of course at the fair. errr, fahrrrr.

yum!
Posted: Jul 15, 2005 8:17 pm

I'm the original. It's that Chewbacca that's a freakin' copycat.
Posted: Jul 25, 2005 8:37 pm

I miss you guys...
Posted: Jul 25, 2005 8:58 pm

Dude, we'll meet up at Slashed-Up-Camper Fest in the U.P. next Solstice. I'll buy you a pint of nubile's blood.
Posted: Jul 25, 2005 9:23 pm

You HAVE to get the Yeti Spaghetti!
Served in a classy Bigfoot plaster foot print plate.
I didn't ask what exactly the meat balls were made of.......
Posted: Jul 25, 2005 9:24 pm

what exactly the meat balls were made of.......

Dead chicks?
Posted: Jul 25, 2005 9:27 pm

what exactly the meat balls were made of.......

My pride.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 2:21 pm

Posted: Nov 7, 2005 10:35 pm

Where did everybody go?
Everybody always forgets the Yetti...
"Sigh."
Posted: Nov 7, 2005 11:00 pm

I knew it would be "The Yetti" dredging this tired old thread back up...
Posted: Nov 7, 2005 11:08 pm

*Sigh*
Posted: Nov 7, 2005 11:46 pm

"The Yetti" dredging this tired old thread back up...
Yooooorrrrrrnnnngggghhh!!!!
You hurt Yetti's feelings.
Yetti no longer believe in "fierydrunk".....
Posted: Nov 7, 2005 11:57 pm

Yetti can't spell.
Posted: Nov 8, 2005 12:05 am

Yooooorrrrrrnnnngggghhh!!!!
That how Yetti spelled in Sanskrit. Earles spelled with silent "P".
Yetti no believe in "Earles", either...
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 8:48 pm

Yetti,

I'm sure you're elated, if you are capable of that emotion, that The Bigfoot Lodge made #2 Bar and Grill in the Memphis Flyer Best of 2005 pollings. Douchbaggery will get you places.
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 9:10 pm

Yetti no believe in Memphis Flyer.
Yetti upset Chupacabra deleted Yetti from myspace friends...
*sigh*
Posted: Nov 9, 2005 11:38 pm

I hate Yetti. Fuck the Yetti.
Posted: Nov 10, 2005 12:11 am

*rraaawwwrrrnn*
*sigh*

Yetti find mythical "Earles", and give forlorn looks.
Yetti need hug.
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 5:43 pm

wierd
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 7:55 pm

What a great thread!!!!!

Best Ever? I know it's like having to choose out of a litter of kittens n' puppies,but we could have a top contender here.

Oh,and is this place still open?
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Oh,and is this place still open?
Yep
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 10:45 am

""Jack Stands"... he's a little freakish...scary-freakish"

He SO is not!

How about an English twist on this, cf The Man Who Eats Badgers and Other Strange Tales From Bodmin Moor, an excellent documentary that you can watch here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008sc9m
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 1:49 am

So... it's a watered down version of LA's Bigfoot Lodge.... except with food that appeals to the McMansion and Corky's crowd.

Yawn.

http://www.bigfootlodge.com/
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 10:05 am

"Chupacabras" the goat sucker cafe. i got this great idea for an eatery/smoothee bar.where the smoothies are made with the blood of livestock chickens, cows, and GOATS its like a meal in a shake and if you finish one its free.
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am

hahahaha its free
Posted: Aug 6, 2008 7:09 pm

Hey, I finally went here today. While it's totally touristy and kind of a kid's place (I had a kid with me, which worked well), it was REALLY GOOD!

I had blackened catfish, sweet potato fries, coleslaw, and a Heineken. (They mispelled Heineken on the menu, ha!)
The fries were actually the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. The catfish was delicious. AND, they served so much food - 2 big catfish filets and mounds of those fries - coleslaw was really skimpy in a tiny little cup - that I brought it home and don't have to cook dinner tonight.

You got family coming into town with kids, I'd recommend taking them there. Afterwards we walked over and looked at the ducks in the Peabody lobby.

Yeah yetti!
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 4:00 pm

the smoothies are made with the blood of livestock chickens, cows, and GOATS its like a meal in a shake and if you finish one its free.

Deliciousness!!!!!

Goats deserve to DIE!!!!!

HAIL SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 5:39 pm

"everbody yelling fer GOAT, GOAT!"
hail R.L.Burnside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 5:46 pm

A black woman I work with insisted her group was discriminated against because they were given plastic cups while "all the white people had glass ones!!!!"

Oh brother. She also said that she didn't tip "of course".
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 6:09 pm

Well, suggest Chupacabras to her. Isn't there one opening up where Raiford's club was? Instead of American flags Chupas will be flying the international flag of peace and cultural compentency. One black one one red. Yeah I know can't spell
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 6:57 pm

Fried pickles! I smell a King Louie song somewhere in there!
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 7:11 pm

A black woman I work with insisted her group was discriminated against because they were given plastic cups while "all the white people had glass ones!!!!"

Oh brother. She also said that she didn't tip "of course".

We shall overcome someday!!!
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 7:12 pm

Did you tell that "Black people are always late"?
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 1:11 pm

drunk^
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 2:30 pm

god. I could say soooo much about how foul & tragic this place is & how it represents the downfall of society & is one of the many reasons Memphis is one of the most overweight & unhealthy cities in America but I digress... I will just say- fucking gag me with a pitchfork-not yetti (which is probably fried rat from the alley outback)!
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 3:29 pm

but then again I am vegan...what do expect me to say....??
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®