Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Breakfast in America
Posted: May 5, 2005 3:33 pm

Last night Oneida showed a documentary on themelves b4 their show. There was some Memphis footage (driving/playing @ the Hi tone).

A running joke throughout the film was 'there's Nowhere to get Good Breakfast in Memphis.'

I started thinking about it and after grumbling loudly about Brother Juniper's I couldn't think of any where else.

so my question...Where is good breakfast in Memphis?
Posted: May 5, 2005 3:58 pm

OH NO! The never dying Goner thread part 15!!!!!!
Posted: May 5, 2005 4:15 pm

Yeah, I'm a latecomer I guess. Didn't check the vaults.
so anyway the question remains or can you direct me to a tasty old thread
Posted: May 5, 2005 4:19 pm

take a look at my girlfriend
Posted: May 5, 2005 4:28 pm

i think the last time this question was tossed around was last year so I am unsure where it would be. My opinion in the end was that there are no good breakfasts in Memphis; that anyone can do better cooking up food at home. Many Memphians disagreed, listing Brother Junipers and Cafe Francisco and even BARKSDALE CAFE. I stand firm.
Posted: May 5, 2005 4:32 pm | Edited by: Matthew

Barksdale Cafe is good if you wanna eat quick on the way to the airport while Mom blows Capri smoke over your head.
Hadn't thought about 'Frisco.
Posted: May 5, 2005 5:32 pm

Well a cursory search brings up this one

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=790

which I started as a way to trash my nemesis, rachael ray. it turned into a breakfast thread.

and then there's this, almost exactly a year old

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=606
Posted: May 5, 2005 6:06 pm

and then there's this, almost exactly a year old
wow. that was like watching a clip show.

great photo of the Barksdale b4 it went LamartoZone Orange
Posted: May 5, 2005 6:27 pm

The airport.
Posted: May 5, 2005 8:13 pm

Pancake Shop
Posted: May 5, 2005 9:03 pm

Dino's Grill on McLean
Posted: May 5, 2005 9:08 pm

I used to work there and they seem to have cleaned up a bit and the food is not nearly as greasy as Barksdales. It also does not smell and taste like grandma's ash tray.
Posted: May 5, 2005 9:22 pm

Dino's serves breakfast??
fn great dinners there.
Posted: May 6, 2005 10:17 pm | Edited by: Rachel Ray

You can't deny you love me!

Take this, Chris!

http://www.durzy.com/pics/rachel2.JPG
Posted: May 6, 2005 10:21 pm

Hey Rachael, learn to spell your own fucking name you stupid whore.
Posted: May 6, 2005 10:44 pm

It seems as though Cooper-Young would be a prime spot, especially with the condos coming in. Perhaps in one of the spots next to Goner or that old pawn shop beside House of Mews.

Is that even a big enough spot?

Don't Otherlands and Java Cabana have pastires and such for breakfast? I know there's no eggs and bacon.
Posted: May 7, 2005 12:07 am

Buns On the Run is small, but decent the few times I've gone.

The old blueprint specialties building would make an AWESOME little breakfast joint.

does the glass onion do that stuff at all?
Posted: May 9, 2005 6:35 pm

Otherlands has some small stuff, but beware on the clean factor. I ordered a beagle and the girl making it wiped her hands on her jeans while making it (note: the jeans did not look like they had been wahes, ever).
Posted: May 9, 2005 6:43 pm

What kind beagle did you order? They generally aren't clean anyway.
Posted: May 9, 2005 7:06 pm

If a girl at Otherlands can make a beagle, I guess there is a good argument for teaching creationism in schools.
Posted: May 9, 2005 8:35 pm

intelligent design!
Posted: May 9, 2005 8:38 pm

Call the guy from Arrested Development cause this sounds like one of George Oscar Bluth's tricks. She wiped her hands on her jeans & a beagle appeared? That's fuckin' magic, dude! I'm running right over there now to get one of these jeans-inspired beagles.
Posted: May 9, 2005 8:41 pm

hahahaha!!!!!!!
Posted: May 9, 2005 8:43 pm

pecker (tab A) fits into pussy (slot B) = intelligent design = no queers allowed
Posted: May 10, 2005 12:05 am

Buns On the Run is small, but decent the few times I've gone.

The old blueprint specialties building would make an AWESOME little breakfast joint.

does the glass onion do that stuff at all?

The Onion used to have a brunch which was OK, not earth-shaking. They have no such thing at the moment and I have no idea what the new owners have in mind for their menu in general. (Beyond the fact that it will be in Irish-style pub and their menu will reflect this.)
Posted: May 10, 2005 1:56 am

I'm gonna reagle yer beagle!

haww!-Hee!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®