Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 15, 2005 4:27 am

Furniture (red velvet parlor set), rugs, clothes, and much lovely drapes and fabrics - six people contributing...

1952 Foster Ave

Take McLean South to Lamar, take a left on Lamar, go to La Paloma and take a right, it's on the corner of Foster and La Paloma.

Ya'll come!
Posted: Apr 15, 2005 4:28 am

Sorry....It's this Saturday, April 16
Posted: Apr 15, 2005 3:25 pm

Did you advertise this in the Flyer or the Commerical Appeal?

Signs on your street?

I just want to know if I have to get there at 4 in the morning.
Posted: Apr 15, 2005 5:45 pm

I put an ad in the Commercial Appeal for 8am with "no early birds", for whatever that's worth. We'll be set up by 7am for sure though.
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 7:36 am

So, how'd that work out? Make some jack from old stuffs? Did they beat your door down at 5:00 am?
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 7:22 pm | Edited by: lemissa

Yeah, we did really well with the yard sale which I was especially impressed with since we sold stuff for very very cheap, nickle and dimin'. Also we met a bunch of the neighbors and they were all very nice. The people that lived here before us (they died two years ago, the house was vacant) lived here for 50 years. They were really respected and obviously missed by many of the neighbors, so it was good to meet and greet.
(I had an non-descript video cassette with a tiny label in a tiny font titled "John Holmes - How many lays?" or something as such. I put it out to see if anyone would buy it for .25. This old old man bought it and an air conditioner. He's in for a big treat, if of coarse he doesn't mind the boom mike operator's knee in the corner of the frame. We all had a feeling he knew exactly who John Holmes was. he he he)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®