Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Oct 12, 2016 7:14 pm | Edited by: Tim Teabag

Another local rock and roll history lesson from ye old drunken Tim Teabag (because I am only capable of posting these things drunk and not sober). Creed was (and still are) a Memphis rock band who are probably best well known for their seventies local classic rock staple "Firecracker". I used to have the vinyl of their self-titled album. I remember showing my album to a friend way back in the day and he waved them off and called them "rednecks". Well, maybe that was true, but they were Memphis musician "rednecks" and Memphis is "home of da blues" and "birthplace of rock-n-roll" so fine, niggas and rednecks are what have defined this unique shithole of musical richness. So anyhow, Creed went on to change their name to Southern Creed and are not to be confused with the post grunge pop band from Florida who achieved mainstream popularity in the nineties.
I remember back in the early eighties hearing this song "Time and Time Again" as a staple in local titty bars like Tiffany's that some sexy chick would come out dancing to before jiggy shit was all the rage and back when Danny Owen's was king of the local strip club scene.
So, in my continued survey of Memphis seventies/eighties rock and roll history I present Creed: Time & Time Again to all you non local enter netsters, and local nostalgicers

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 2:57 pm

isn't Danny Owens out of jail?
Posted: Oct 20, 2016 3:22 pm | Edited by: Tim Teabag

I read a year or two ago in the Flyer that he got out. You probably know as much about that as me. Never knew him personally but heard lots of great stories from people that worked for him and strippers I used to bang that worked in his clubs.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®