Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Oct 11, 2016 8:31 pm | Edited by: Tim Teabag

Ain't talkin' bout the department store chain. More posts from ye olde drunken Tim Teabag. Now, this ain't news to locals, specially those who been around a minute BUT, to them enter net folks from round the world Target was an old Memphis seventies hard rock band featuring Jimi Jameson who went on to fame and fortune with bands like Cobra and especially Survivor. Remember Eye of the Tiger, yeah that dude, now I wasn't a big fan either, but still, he was a local boy who made good, so kudos and RIP. Back to Target, this is from his local Memphis seventies band of that name, who had a local hit got lots of radio play on the local classic rock radio station with it's only love. Now, I know that Goner is about garage and punk BUT, this is the local Memphis forum and they were a part of local rock history so they deserve a mention and, as a former 80's writer about the Memphis music scene AND being that I'm drunk this is my collective disclaimer: 1977, It's Only Love. Enjoy...or not.

Target: It's Only Love
Posted: Oct 19, 2016 3:00 pm

we've been jamming COBRA in the store lately... Blood On Your Money is TOUGH!
Posted: Oct 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Cool.

Shit, I forgot to mention Jack Holder, a great local Memphis guitarist who was in Cobra too as well as many other projects. Ol' boy could put away alcohol as well as me. :D

http://archive.commercialappeal.com/news/musician-jack-holder-62-contributed-talents- to-memphis-acts-national-stars-ep-878836274-324265361.html
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®