Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Jeff & Ross play a book signing 9/16/15
Posted: Sep 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Why a book signing? Why Jeff & Ross? I will get to that in a minute. Where and when precisely? Ok, that first. At the Booksellers of Laurelwood, ahem, which used to be Davis-Kidd Booksellers on Wednesday, September 16 at 6:30 p.m. This is a book signing that will not be a reading by the author, John Floyd, whose book, Sun Records: An Oral History, is being reprinted by local publisher, Tom Graves. Rather, the Monsieur and I will read and act out a snippet of studio conversation between producer Sam Phillips and Jerry Lee Lewis that occurred just before "Great Balls of Fire" was recorded. The snippet is transcribed in John's book and it's a classic. Not sure who is gonna be who at the reading, but Jeff and I are up for anything, maybe even a hair match. Our pal Richard James will be playing Billy Lee Riley in this psychobilly psychodrama theater piece and providing solid musical accompaniment for our thespian turn at the Booksellers of Laurelwood (I like the sound of that). Jeff and I will dust off our rockabilly medley chops and play some Sun chestnuts as well. Author John Floyd will be present as the puppet master pulling our strings and controlling our every move and word. He will sign a book if you buy one and you should cuz it's a really good one. And it's free. Did I mention that? The event, not the book, I mean.
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Man, I wanna go to this but I may have band practice. How long will it run?
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 9:20 pm

About an hour, tops.
Posted: Sep 16, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm gonna try and crank past on my bicycle. I probably won't be able to stick around. Ross Johnson is my hero.
Posted: Sep 17, 2015 10:59 am

Delayed band practice an hour to attend this; it was worth every minute.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®