Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / RIP Wanda Wilson - one great dame!
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 1:36 pm

So sad to hear today of the passing of Wanda Wilson - the proprietress of the P&H Café for many, many years. When I was coming up in Midtown is was THE place for actors/artists/and assorted Memphis characters. She fed, encouraged, walked the walk and somehow kept all those crazies in line. If you ever met her you never forgot her. Flamboyant doesn't begin to explain it, but the most low keyed, flamboyant woman I ever knew. Every artist/writer/musician/filmmaker playing or doing whatever they do now in Memphis owes her a world of gratitude in giving all those nuts all those years a place to do what they did. And she did it with so much sass, and so much class. What a woman!
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 11:47 am

Very sad, what a fine lady. She gave my wife a place to stay when she first came to Memphis until she got a place on her own. Truly was a welcome hangout for the years she ran the place.
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 2:08 pm

Not hard to believe at all about your lovely wife. Wanda was the soul of love and care, but did not suffer fools gladly.
People say it all the time when someone passes, but damn...they broke the mold. I wish someone would write a book about her and those days.
Posted: Feb 2, 2015 3:03 pm

Yep.
Posted: Mar 4, 2015 12:52 pm

Loved that place when I was living in the area. My lady friend lived a couple blocks away so we went there a lot. RIP Wanda.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®