Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Leahy Trailer Park
Posted: Sep 8, 2014 9:55 pm

Talk about Shattered!

MANATEEES PROMO SHOT HEAVEN.
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 8:58 am

They tore 'em down. Was horror-movie weird for a few weeks in there.
Posted: Sep 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Y'all making me feel old...before I moved to Memphis, I stayed at Leahy's in the 80's during the Mid-South Music & Heritage Fest. They had these spartan little 1930's cabins that you could rent cheap. Nothing fancy, believe me, but the swimming pool was still functional then...& just down the street from Pat's Pizza!!!
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 8:03 am

It's totally gone?
Took these in 2008 - it was approaching scary then.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/sets/72157647831413589/
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 8:30 am

There is something there. It might not be the hay day stuff, but I always get my son asking me if these women in front of the place are "working or walking"? In which I reply, yes.
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 10:45 am

There's also a game you can play as you drive by Leahy's called "Cute or 'Tute" where you guess whether a woman is either just dressed cute, or an actual prostitute as you pass by. Once you get close it's normally painfully obvious which is which, but tie breakers result in the "Tic-Tac Teeth" assessment, where, like in Tic-Tac-Toe, if she can get three teeth in a row, she gets the benefit of the doubt.
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 12:22 pm

I'd rather play that game instead of I-Spy Whores.
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 10:20 pm

Yeah, there's still buildings in there, but for a few weeks there was a row or two of just ghoulishly falling-apart buildings... like they'd taken the structural elements out and shredded the siding and left it there... or something. I was gonna drive through there but didn't want to get caught in there, either.

Cute? On Summer Ave there? Toot toot!
Posted: Oct 2, 2014 1:52 pm

Can anyone figure out the connection?
Leahy's to Harbortown.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®