Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Jeff Evans & Ross Johnson Do Death Week at DKDC, Saturday, 8/16/14
Posted: Aug 10, 2014 11:44 am

For those of you not making the Candle Light Vigil at Graceland (wait, isn't that the night before?), Monsieur Jeffrey Evans and myself will be doing an all Elvis/Sun rockabilly set at DKDC to commemorate the King's passing. The music starts when the kitchen stops serving and the last diners leave which is usually around 10:30 or 11 p.m. Cover is $5. The rockabilly machine keeps playing till we run out of tunes or audience.
Posted: Aug 10, 2014 11:58 am

I was wrong as usual (or as always, or so I am often told by those who know me, particularly by my children and exes). Candlelight (one word, apparently) Vigil is Friday night, the 15th, not Saturday, the 16th, according to the official Graceland list of Death Week activities this year, but Karen Carrier has lit candles on all the tables at DKDC every evening anyway. So it can be our own little indoor vigil with air conditioning and libations by Josh if he's working that night.
Posted: Aug 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Rrrrrrrosss, Priscilla has renamed "Death Week" to "Elvis Celebration Week" to go with that huge hotel she's building behind Graceland. Get with the programme. You can also download the "Elvis Week App" altho isn't that how Elvis himself died?
Posted: Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am

Yes, Jesse, I had better get with the pogrom if the Botox Cat Lady Widow has rechristened Death Week as El Celeb Week. Somehow I don't think our little tribute will be an official Graceland sponsored event, but please join us on Saturday, the 16th of this grand month, at Club DKDC. Huge Hotel behind Graceland, eh? News to me. Hope they will include a full scale statue of Vernon on property. And perhaps Vester as well.
Posted: Aug 16, 2014 10:19 am

Actually, I think that we will also be dedicating our performance this evening to E's cousin, the late Junior Smith, as well as to the great one hisself. Those 1956 Alfred Wertheimer photos of the pair provoke all kinds of confused genetic queries for me, most of which I can't even begin to formulate. Here's to you, Junior, and your lucky cousin. Death Week be danged. Junior Smith lives!
Posted: Aug 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks all who attended for a great "star studded" event. I had fun. Guest appearances by Ron Franklin and Jack O on stage were great and good to see Shawn Cripps (himself), Sherman, Bruce Watson, Scott Bomar, Robby Grant, and Kip Uhlhorn in attendance. Wow, DKDC--where the stars come out to play......
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®